Honesty 101

Unwelcomed Pleasure

The four members kept on glancing over Onew who was silently sitting and glancing constantly on his phone. Unlike his usual habit of playing random games in between recording breaks, he was restless and unease that time, as if he was waiting for something, or thinking about doing something.

“Hyung, just call her, and ask if she made it.” Jonghyun said when he couldn’t take Onew’s annoying movement. He obviously wanted to call her, but he was dying to keep himself from doing any move at all. “You have the reason to do it. After all, you were the reason why she’s there. Of course, you are concerned if she did well.” He tried convincing him, but Onew was just stiff to soften up and make another move to reach out for her. He shook his head, rested his head on his seat and closed his eyes.

“I’ll do it then.” Key took out his phone and ringed Jooyoung’s number. Onew quickly opened his eyes again, anticipative of the conversation Key would have with Jooyoung. Since Key was considerate enough, he put her on speaker phone so Onew could hear, and everybody knew it was what he wanted to happen.

“I made it!!!!!!” Jooyoung screamed in happiness on the other line as soon as she answered the phone. A smile on Onew’s face automatically appeared. Yes, he was rejected, but he would still want her to get that job, and do something he knew she would deserve. “I was assigned on your group so I would be in charge on making sure you guys would always look good in the public! And also, since they knew I was your manager, they gave me another task of being SHINee’s PR! I am so excited Kibum ah, I am going to start tomorrow!”

“She’s so excited.” Onew whispered as he gently shook his head in amusement. Listening to Jooyoung’s bright and cheerful voice made him hyper. He didn’t talk though the four members kept on teasing and asking Jooyoung to treat them on her first salary since she had a big time type of work. Jooyoung kept on laughing on the other line, saying she would buy them something after she receives her first salary from her new work.

Few minutes later, the call ended, and the members noticed the brightness and sparkle on Onew’s eyes. All he needed was to hear her voice in order to be as lively again.

“Will Jooyoung noona move out of the dorm?” Taemin asked after a while.

“More likely.” Kibum brought the phone back to his pocket and started checking himself on the mirror again. “Since she’s done monitoring and literally taking care of us, then I think she would choose to move out.”

Onew didn’t think of Jooyoung leaving the dorm when he passed that resume to the office, and now that Taemin and Kibum brought that topic out, he was suddenly saddened about it. “Guys, let’s resume recording.” He was almost gonna space out when the PD called out for the second part of their recording.

*** *** ***

Jooyoung went back to the dorm to find no one around. They were probably still in the recording. She planned on cooking a good dinner for all of them. It’s for showing her gratitude because they treated her nice and taking care of her well. She called her friend, Haena, to confirm if the room next to her (the one she used to live at) was still available. She would be getting the room back as a start, and eventually would move to a better house once she started earning more. Upon confirming, Haena also talked to the landlady to inform her that Jooyoung will move back the next day. Of course, since she won’t be working for SHINee anymore, it was only necessary to leave the dorm and find somewhere else to stay in.

“Hmm~ Smells nice!” Minho commented as soon as he stepped a foot inside the dorm. “I’m even hungrier!” Upon removing his shoes, he ran to the kitchen to find Jooyoung placing some good amount of dish on the plate. The other members followed, and Onew came in last.

He found everybody crowding Jooyoung, all talking to her and she confirmed her departure early the next morning. As usual, Onew was debating to himself whether he would talk to her or not. He kept on glancing over Jooyoung and saw her smiling towards the members and as she noticed him looking, she tried smiling as well, but it came out a bit awkwardly.

As Jooyoung turned her back on them to finish preparing the dishes, Onew shook his head and knew he couldn’t take it anymore. He walked his way past the members and wrapped his arms around her waist, coming from behind. Jooyoung was shocked, and the other members, too, as they witnessed Onew’s sudden action.

He closed his eyes as he rested his head on her shoulder, smelling her own scent. Onew sighed, “I am not really hoping you to say anything. I just need to do this for my own sake.” He whispered though the members heard it, too. Key and Minho covered their mouths to surprise a loud squeal. Jonghyun was smiling widely, while Taemin was wide eyes studying his hyung’s moves intently. “The four of you can leave.” Onew uttered which embarrassed the members. Though they want to watch more, they followed their hyung and went out of the dorm again, leaving the two completely alone with each other.

“J-Jinki…” She was literally speechless with the sudden action she didn’t expected. She could feel Onew’s chest against her back and his arms tightly wrapped around her waist. She could hear his breathing, and somehow it was making her lost her own.

“I don’t think I’m the type of person to force myself to someone. I’m a bit selfish, and sometimes I’m just full of myself, but I know where to put myself.” Those words Onew said, Jooyoung didn’t know why it hurt her. “Leaving this dorm would probably mean losing the chances of whatever I hoped for, but it’s for your sake, and just like what I said, it’s what you really deserve. I hate being too honest about myself, and confessing like this. I have never even done this to a woman before. That’s why sometimes you just irritate me, because you make me want to care for you and to consider your feelings everytime. To make sure you’re fine, you’re comfortable, and you’re happy. You make me want to be honest about myself and be more vocal, though those things are the things I’m really afraid of doing. I guarded myself too much, and you were so brave to enter my life putting all my guards down.”

“I… I…”

“I said I’m not expecting you to say anything. Just listen.” Onew shut her up again while still backhugging her. “I’ll miss you.” He turned her to face him as he said those words. Onew held her face, and gently reached down to kiss her forehead. “You are no joke, seriously. You rejected me but something in me still insisted on doing this.” He let go and looked at her straight in the eyes. Jooyoung looked back, not even blinking. “I can’t wait to see you shine in that field, and be recognized as one of the best employees and staff of SM Entertainment. Do well, Son Jooyoung, and make me proud.”

The smile which appeared on his face after saying those words melted Jooyoung. He was wonderful. He was one of the precious people she would meet her entire life, and she knew he was genuine, and pure, and though he was mostly full of naughtiness, she was certain his heart was pure and true.

“It’s embarrassing, but it made me feel better after saying everything to you.”