Thinking of You

That Strange New Friend

 

Woobin’s POV

The two of us walked back to our meeting spot and saw Minwoo and Seunggi there.

“Where’s Jonghyun and Inguk?” I asked Minwoo.

“They’re probably on their way here.” Minwoo said checking his watch. It was already 4:24 and we needed to head back to the yacht.

“Oh there they are.” Jaehyun motioned. We saw that Inguk was dragging Jonghyun over to us.

“Don’t ever pair me up with this guy again!” Inguk hissed.

“I don’t want to be paired with you either!” Jonghyun said back.

“Tsk. Come on, we’re going to be late.” Minwoo lead the way down to the water.

“Let’s have a race to the shore.” Inguk suggested.

“Good idea. What’s the punishment?” Jonghyun asked.

“How about special drink?!” Seunggi shouted smiling.

“Okay!” I agreed to that idea hopefully I won’t be the one getting it.

“Haven’t done that in a while.” Jaehyun smirked.

“Last time we did, what did we put in there? Toilet water?” I asked him.

“What? You put toilet water in that?” Minwoo was shocked.

‘Oh yeah, he was the one that drank it.’ I said in my head.

“It’s already over and you’re all fine aren’t you.” Seunggi patted Minwoo’s back.

“You guys are the worst.” Minwoo hissed.

“Okay. When I say go it starts, okay?” Seunggi shouted.

“Ready, set, GO!” He shouted and we all dived in. It wasn’t that far of a swim, just consider it an exercise for the day. The first one to arrive at the shore was me since I had longer arms and legs.

“Second, third, fourth, fifth, and… last.” I pointed to Inguk who stumbled ashore.

“No fair! I went off track for some reason!” Inguk whined. As he wiped the water off of his face.

“Excuses, excuses!” Seunggi shook his head in disappointment.

“Woooo~ Special water for Inguk!” Jonghyun shouted happily.

“Don’t put toilet water this time, okay?” Inguk begged.

“Whatever is needed will be used.” Jaehyun said with a sly smile.

“Yah, please especially not toilet water from the yacht. Who knows if the water is clean or not?!” Inguk complained.

“Let’s go, I think dinner is being prepared already and we haven’t even changed yet.” I said to them.  We were walking back to the yacht but my eyes were wandering around.

‘Wonder where Ducky is.’ I said in my head.

‘I’ll probably see him at dinner I mean everyone is going to be there.’ I continued my trail of thought.

“Oh what was your friends name?” Jaehyun asked me.

“I don’t know but I gave him a nickname.” I smiled.

“Seriously? What did you call him?” He asked again.

“Ducky.” I said. He then just stopped and stared at me.

“You’re friend is a person right?” He asked me.

“Yeah, what wrong with calling someone Ducky?” I asked back.

“Uhh just that it sounds more like a pet name, mainly for a duck!” He sneered.

“He reminded me of a duck. Besides he couldn’t talk so I had to just give him a nickname.”

“What are you two talking about?” Jonghyun popped up in between Jaehyun and I.

“Nothing. Minwoo I’m going to shower first!” I said and ran ahead.

“Oh I don’t want to wait around soaked in sea water.” Minwoo said back. After taking a shower and changing we all headed downstairs for the dinner party one after the other. I was determined to find Ducky so before eating I walked around hoping that I would see him again.

“Hey, Woobin what are you looking for? If you stretch your neck any further you’ll become a giraffe.” Seunggi joked at me.

“Ah, I’m just looking for someone.” I said not looking at him.

“Who are you looking for?” He asked me.

“Uh, I’m not sure myself . I don’t know his name.” I said back. He just returned me an ‘are-you-kidding’ face.

“Well good luck finding him yourself.” Seunggi walked away chuckling.

“Where is he?” I sighed.

‘Maybe I should go ask Jonghyun, he’s the one in charge here and he know just about everyone.’ I went to find Jonghyun. He was a lot easier to find than Ducky.

“Hey Jonghyun, can I talk to you for a bit?” I asked him.

“Sure, what is it?” He walked over to me.

“Uh, well do you know any one who had pale skin, pouty lips, with a mole under his right eye, and can’t talk?” I asked

“Ummm, okay. Why all of a sudden?” He was all-awkward.

“I met him earlier and well wanted to see him again.” I explained.

“Well Hyoyoung has a mole under her eye but she can talk.” He pointed

“No, I’m talking about a guy! A guy!” I shouted.

"Inguk?... Nana?" He said casually.

"Are you even listening to me?" I was getting annoyed

“I don’t know anyone who can’t talk. Are you sure that he couldn’t talk?” He asked back.

“Yeah, I’m very sure.” I answered back.

‘If he could then he would have talk then rather than nodding and all that silent gestures.’ I said in my head.

“Well it could be someone that I don’t know. He could be a friend of a friend of mines. I did tell them that they could bring a friend along if that person buys a pass.” Jonghyun said to me.

“Really? Oh, well thanks anyways.” I said feeling a bit disappointed.

“Anything important that you need from him?” Jonghyun asked.

“Not really, it’s just that I owe him. He actually help me with the research back there.” I said cheering up.

“Ahh well you still have tomorrow so come on enjoy the party!” he shouted.

“I know.” I smiled.

‘It could be that he’s not even here. The more I try looking for him the more eager I want to meet him.’ I smirked.

“Is this what they call wanting something you can’t get.” I smirked. I finished thinking about him and joined the party with the others.

“Hey we still need to make the special drink for Inguk!” Minwoo reminded us.

“That’s right.” We all smiled.

“No need to rush you guys.” Inguk spoke up.

“To the food bar!” Seunggi led the way. After serving Inguk’ his special drink we all ate dinner. Dinner was very hectic unlike the usual dinner at home. Afterwards was a party that lasted for a very long time; all the way till midnight.

“I’m a bit tired so I’m going to go to my room.” I said to Minwoo

“Okay I’ll be there soon.” Minwoo said to me before I left. He was my roommate, we’re sharing a room since there wasn’t enough single rooms for all of us. I went upstairs away from the noise and headed to my room. I changed right into my pajamas and collapsed on my bed. Looking up to the plain white ceiling I began picturing Ducky’s figure.

“Just who are you?” I said to myself. I then remember that I had captured him on my camera so I went to grab it. I replayed the first video where I was surprised at his first appearance.

“He looks young and pretty for a guy.” I said to myself. I am really determined in finding him again but it’s to the point that it’s impossible. I then heard the door being open so Minwoo is probably back.

“Not asleep yet?” He asked.

“No, I just wanted to look through the photos I took.” I showed him the camera.

“Can I see them?” He asked and so I handed it to him. He sat down on my bed as he looked through the pictures.

“Wow, these are pretty good, you went diving without scuba gear?” He was surprised.

“No, actually someone went diving for me.” I answered

“Oh? Well aren’t you lucky, who was it? Doubt it was Jaehyun.” I giggled.

“Of course it wasn’t him. I don’t really know for sure who he was. You see he couldn’t talk and was very introverted.” I smiled when we talked about Ducky.

“A person like that made friends with you? That’s pretty interesting. These sea urchins looks so cool. That person probably had to dive deep down for these because all I’ve seen are those purple spiked ones.”

“Yeah I know, that’s why I want to see him again and say thank you but so far no luck.” I sighed.

“Why don’t you go back there again tomorrow? Also rent out a scuba gear and go do your research. You need to look at the sea urchins environment and surroundings as well.” He told me.

“Thanks, for being a hyung.” I smiled.

“Just giving my opinion and past learning.” He smiled. He then played the first video I recorded which Ducky was in.

“Ha~ you were scared out of your life.” He laughed.

“Well he popped out of no where. He was a bit strange too. He was unusually great at diving.”

“Unusually great? Well I’ve never seen him before, are you sure he’s from our university?” Minwoo asked

“I’m not sure. Aren’t we the only one’s on this island?” I asked back.

“I believe so. Who knows he might be a wild man living out here his entire life?” Minwoo joked but I’ll actually consider it.

“That’ll be interesting.” I smiled.

“You actually believed me? Oh come on only things like that happen in movies. Who lives in the wild now-a-days?” Minwoo got up and went into the bathroom.

“Whatever. Let’s just hope he’ll be there again.” I said and placed the camera away. I went back to my bed and fell asleep right after. Today was a tiring day so I was able to sleep very well. I slept so well that I didn’t want to get out of bed in the morning. The morning bell was ringing making everyone wake up. Not only the bell but also the horn as well.

“What kind of vacation is this?” I grunted as I covered my ears.

“Hey, you coming down for breakfast?” Minwoo asked me tiredly.

“Ugh, maybe later.” I groaned. Just then we heard our door being opened.

“Hyung you didn’t lock the door last night?” I asked him.

“I forgot. Who’s there?!” Minwoo shouted as we checked on who came in.

 


 

I'm sure there are still some mistakes but please just try to deal with it.

It's usualy just minor ones so you can proably understand what I meant to type.

Anyways thanks for reading.

Comments, subscriptions, and upvotes are always welcomed ^-^