Sneaky Kitty

That Strange New Friend

Jongsuk’s POV

When I opened my eyes the bathroom was all bright.

‘When did I fall asleep?’ I wondered. Last night my whole body was prickling so I couldn’t really go to sleep. I had my eyes closed but I just couldn’t sleep. It was only early morning that I was able to fall asleep. As of right now I felt a lot better. I’m just a bit tired now and a bit cold now that my body is no longer burning up. I glanced over to Woobin who stayed by my side all night.

‘I’m sorry for keeping you here.’ I pouted in my head. I reached over and touched the top of his head gently so that I wouldn’t wake him up. Just then I had this weird feeling inside. I wasn’t sure what it was but it made me feel uncomfortable in my stomach. My legs started to tingle underneath the water. I stared at them and saw them changing.

“My… legs…” I stared at them and saw them changing. It changed into a tail. The tail that I used to have.

‘W-what’s going on?’ I panicked. My heart was pounding shocked and scared of what was happening.

“N-No, don’t.” I wiggled and lifted it out of the water but it was too late. My legs turned back into a tail.

‘No! Why is it back?!’ I panicked and started crying. My hands were trembling as I reached down and touched the blue scales that I have almost forgotten about. I glanced over to Woobin who was asleep beside me.

‘W-why now?!’ I sobbed quietly and covered my mouth.

‘I don’t want to turn back. I want to be with Woobin’ I said in my head as I sobbed. Just then my lower body was tingling again.

“W-what’s happening now?” I was so confused. I stared through the water and saw my tail changing back into legs.

“Eh..?” I was so confused as to what was going on.

“I… I have legs again.” Now I was so happy. I didn’t know what just happen but I was back to normal again. A normal human anyways. I raised my legs up and smiled widely.

“Legs~” I was so happy that I started crying again. I reached down and touched my legs feeling my soft bare skin.

‘I’m okay now.’ I smiled happily.

“You’re awake?” I heard Woobin’s voice. I quickly turned to him and saw him staring at me.

“W-Woobin…” I was so confused and tired. My heart was beating so fast and so now my chest was aching.

“What’s the matter? Were you crying? Does it still hurt” Woobin asked and just stared at me.

“No, I feel okay now.” I sniffed and smiled.

“Really? Why are you crying?” Woobin held my face and wiped away my tears away.

“It doesn’t hurt any more.” I said trying to calm down. He caressed my cheek and glanced down to my body.

“Oh..” He seemed surprised and turned to look somewhere else.

“Hmm?” I didn’t what he saw that surprised him.

“Ah!” I covered my crotch. I looked around under the water and saw my pants and  underwear were floating beside me.

‘When did I take it off?!’ I asked myself.

“Haha~ it’s okay. We have to get you out of these soaked clothes either way. Woobin laughed.

“Oh..” I was a bit embarrassed.

‘It must have came off when my tail appeared…’ I said in my head.

“Lift your arms up. I’ll help you take your shirt off.” He said leaning over to me.

“Y-yes..” I said and slowly raised my arms. He reached down grabbing the bottom of my shirt and pulled it up over my head to get it off. Right now I was completely and I felt bad since Woobin has always told me to not be in front of him. I pulled my legs up and hugged myself tying to hide as much of myself as I can.

“You’re no longer hot right?” He asked as he felt my forehead.

 “Mmmhm~ I’m.. actually a bit cold.” I said shyly.

“Really? Then let’s get you dried up then.” He said as he opened the drain to get rid of the water in the tub. I just sat there with Woobin as the water slowly went down.

“It’s a relief that you’re okay now.” Woobin said patting my head.

‘I’m so happy that I’m okay too.’ I smiled.

“Let’s get you in bed then. I can touch you without hurting you now?” He asked me.

“Mmhm~ I’m really okay now.” I nodded.

“Uh, actually I can walk-“

“No, I’ll carry you.” Woobin cut me off. I didn’t want to bother him so much but he kept on offering help to me. He went over and got some towels before putting one over my head and a few on my legs.

“Let’s dry you up a bit.” He said as he rubbed the towel against my head gently.

‘He’s so nice.’ I said in my head. His face was right in front of mines but I could look at him. I just felt so nervous for some reason.

“What’s the matter? Does it still hurt?” He asked again.

“No~!” I shook my head. I then gave him a smile so that he wouldn’t worry about me.

“That smile of yours.” He chuckled. He then started drying the rest of my body. I just held a towel over my crotch so that Woobin doesn’t have to see it. When he started drying my legs I remembered what had happened earlier.

‘My tail… Why did it turn back into a tail? And then… changed back? Was it also part of the curse?’ I wondered.

“There you go again.” I heard Woobin say.

“Huh?!” I snapped out of it and stared at him.

“What did you say Woobin?”

“You have a habit of wiggling your toes.” He pointed.

“Huh? Ahh…” I pulled my legs up and covered my toes.

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.” He chuckled.

“Now let’s get you in bed.” He said and started carrying me. He was really strong so he carried me up easily.

“I really can walk.” I said shyly.

“It’s okay, you’re not heavy at all.” He said and we went to his bedroom.

“Huhh~” He groaned as he set me on the bed. He glanced over to the clock and then back to me.

“Let’s go back to sleep since it’s not even 8 o’clock yet.” He said as he went over to his side of the bed and climbed on.

“Y-you’re not going to change?” I asked him.

“Mhmm~” He shook his head.

“I’ll just wear this and then just change into new clothes later.” He said as he pulled the blanket over us. He tossed the towel I had over my body aside and covered me with the blanket.

‘The bed and blanket feels so nice.’ I smiled as I snuggled against my pillow.

“I’m sorry.” I said as I stared over to Woobin.

“Why are you apologizing? It’s not like you asked to be in pain.” He said back.

“But still. I bothered Woobin so much. And made Woobin worried and tired.” I said.

‘All because of that curse!’ I said in my head.

“It’s okay. As long as you’re all better than it’s not a problem. Now go to sleep. You look really tired.” He said turning towards me.

“Okay, Woobin should sleep too.” I smiled before closing my eyes.

“Sweet dreams.” Woobin said and I felt his hand on my head. He was petting me in which I enjoy so much. It felt so nice.

‘I want to hug him.’ I said in my head. I then scooted over and just hugged lightly.

‘I wonder if he’s okay with it?’ I wondered. I opened my eyes and looked upward to see him smiling with his eyes clothes.

‘He seems happy.’ I smiled as well. He then started moving and just completely pulled me into his arms.

“Is this okay?” He asked me.

“Mmhm~” I nodded happily.

‘This feels so nice. I would never want to leave.’ I said in my head.

‘I want to be with Woobin forever so… Don’t take away my legs.’ I said feeling sad again. I was scared of what had happened earlier. Even though it was only for a few seconds my tail did came back. It wasn’t a dream and the fact that it actually did happened meant that it could happen again.

‘I don’t want it to happen again. I feel so scared.’ My heart was beating faster since I was afraid of what’s going to happen to me.  I couldn’t go sleep since I was so worried. I snuggled closer to Woobin since he felt so nice and safe.

‘Woobin’s smell’ was all that I could think of now since my face and right up against his collarbone. I opened my eyes and looked up a bit and saw his bare neck. I glanced up to his peaceful sleeping face.

‘I don’t want to leave Woobin…’ I said to myself. I cherished him so much and so I leaned over and gave him a kiss on his neck. I heard that you kiss the things that you cherish, you know like special seashells, to show it your feelings so I kiss him. I know that there are other meanings behind a kiss such as love… That can’t be it though since we were just friends. When my lips pressed against his skin lightly it felt really nice. His skin was smooth and warm to the touch. It felt so nice that I wanted to do it again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him close as I kissed his neck. I trailed my kisses up his neck and then stopped at his cheek.

‘What am I doing?!’ I realized what I was doing. I opened my eyes and saw that his eyes were still closed.

‘He’s still asleep…’ I said in my head.

‘Should I kiss his lips?’ I just wanted to kiss his lips. I leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips. When I pulled back and opened my eyes I saw him looking at me.

“Huh!” I gasped

‘He’s awake…’ I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say or do.

“Sleep.” He said and pulled my head down against his chest.

“Ehh?” I was so confused.

“Your eye bags are down to your nose. Do whatever you want later.” He said making me flustered.

‘L-Later?...’ I swallowed down nervously.

“Sleep~” He said softly and patted my head.

‘Then… He’s not mad at me..’ I wondered. After a bit I finally started to get sleepy.

Woobin’s POV

When I woke up Jongsuk was still fast asleep. His shoulder was exposed so I pulled the blanket up so that he wouldn’t get cold. I smiled remembering what happened earlier

“A naughty kitty sneaked a kiss from me while I was asleep.” I said to myself and smiled.

‘Huhh~ a fishy turned into a human and is now a cute kitty.’ I giggled.

‘If you want kisses then I’ll give you some later.’ I grinned.

‘He must be really hungry, I’ll go tell Auntie Soonok to make him something.’ I said in my head as I snuck out of the room. Auntie Soonok was already downstairs since it was already late.

“Good morning Auntie Soonok.” I greeted her.

“Morning? It’s mid-afternoon already.”

“Ah really? I didn’t think we slept that long” I glanced over to the clock and saw that it was already 2 o’clock.

“Don’t you have class?” She asked me

“Yes, but I’m staying home today.” I said

“Are you skipping again?” She asked me

“I have a reason today. Jongsuk wasn’t feeling well last night and so I want to stay home and take care of him.” I told her.

“Oh really?” No wonder I don’t see him around. I figure that he was sleeping in so I didn’t check. What happen to him? Is he okay now?” She was worried.

“Yes, he seems to be all better now. He’s asleep right now.” I said.

“I’ll make him some rice soup then.” She said and went straight into the kitchen. I then went to make a phone call to my friends about the classes that I missed today. Afterwards I went upstairs to get him a set of new clothes. After getting him clothes I went to the bathroom to get his toothbrush so that he can just use the bathroom in my room.

“Ahh… We kind of made a mess.” I said to myself as I looked around on the floor. There were towels everywhere along with water. Once I got his toothbrush I kicked the towels aside to make it look semi better. I then glanced in the tub and saw Jongsuk’s drenched clothes.

‘I should at least squeeze these dry so that Auntie Soonok could wash them.’ I said in my head. I set Jongsuk’s clothes and toothbrush aside and started wrenching his clothes dry.

“Shirt…. Pants… and underwear….” I said squeezing them all dry and set them aside. When I glanced back into the bathtub I something shiny inside.

“What’s this?” I reached down and picked up the blue shiny object. It was flat and about the size of a coin. It was sort of round and had a nice shiny blue tint to it. It looked like it was part of a jewelry piece since it looked beautiful and shiny but what was it doing in the tub.

“This… looks like a scale…” I just realized it. I didn’t believe it though since Jongsuk…

‘Why is there a scale here? What happened? Did something happen when I was asleep?’ I just stared at it not knowing what to do next.

‘I guess I can just ask him about it.’ I said in my head and put the scale-like object in my pocket. I walked over to the bedroom quietly so that I could take a peek at him. I opened the door slowly and looked inside. He was still in bed but he was moving around so he was probably awake.

‘Can he hear me?’ I wondered.

“Mmhm~” He groaned as he threw a fit on the bed. I saw him flapping his legs cutely and it reminded him of a dolphin.

‘It must be a habit since he had a tail’ I chuckled. I just stood there and watched him wiggling around.

‘He seems embarrassed.’ I said in my head since he was covering his face. He was being so cute but it worried me since he didn’t noticed me at all.

‘Maybe he’s still tired so his sense of hearing isn’t like usual.’ I thought about it. I then decided to knock and go in.

*knock knock knock * I knocked and pushed the door open.

“You awake?” I asked. He quickly pulled the blanket over his head and hid from me. I wanted to talk to him about what happened last night and the scale that I found but… he’s hiding…

“Umm, here’s your clothes and toothbrush. You can use this bathroom to wash up.” I said and waited awkwardly. I set his clothes on the bed with his toothbrush on top.

“The blue bottle is shampoo and the black one is body wash.” I said so that he wouldn’t get them mixed up. He remained quiet and didn’t move at all.

“Would you need my help showering?” I asked him.

“N-no. I-I can s-shower by m-myself.” He was stuttering so much.

“Oh okay…” I said and smiled.

‘You don’t have to hide yourself. I’m okay about it…’ I wanted to tell him. Just then I heard a noise coming from under the blanket. It sounded like a stomach grumble so I was assuming that it was his stomach asking for food.

“Haha~ You must be starving. You didn’t have dinner or breakfast yet. Auntie Soonok  is cooking something for you so just wait a bit.” I told him.

“Ummm, I’m going to take a shower in the other bathroom for now. I’ll tell Auntie Soonok to bring you food as soon as she’s done.”

“O-oh.” He was nodding underneath the blanket since his head was bobbing up and down. I just grinned since he was being so cute. I went over to my closet and grabbed some clothes. I then got my toothbrush as well so that he could use this bathroom to himself.

“Well ,take your time and be careful. I’ll check on you later.” I said before leaving the room. I didn’t close the door since I was worried about him being alone in there.

‘I’m sure he’s just embarrassed now.’ I said to myself before going to the bathroom. When I was done showering I peeked into the room and saw him in the bathroom. On my way downstairs I saw Auntie Soonok carrying a tray of food.

“Is it for Jongsuk?” I glanced at the tray. There was the rice soup that she said she’d make along with fruits, a cookie, and juice.

“Yes it is.”

“He’ll love it.” I said smiling.

“Is he awake yet?” She asked me.

“Yes, he’s taking a shower right now.”

“Isn’t he still sick? He didn’t have to shower just yet.” She said worried.

“Oh… I didn’t know…” I thought about it. I mean he seemed completely fine.

“Auntie, can you go check on him. He’s in my bedroom” I said to her since Jongsuk was avoiding me.

“Okay, I made you your meal downstairs as well.” She said and continued her way to the bedroom. I went downstairs and to the dinning table set for one person.

“Huhh~ I guess I’m eating all by myself today.” I said sadly.  I was really hungry as well but I couldn’t really stuff myself. I just felt so lonely eating by myself and I couldn’t stop worrying about Jongsuk.  I took the scale out of my pocket and stared at it.

'Is this really a scale? Did his tail came back when I was aslep?' I wondered. When Auntie Soonok came back downstairs she brought back the tray with everything emptied out. I quickly placed the scale back into my pocket so that she wouldn't see it.

“Oh! He’s already done eating?” I asked her surprised since I was just halfway done eating.

“Yes, he was really hungry.” Auntie Soonok chuckled.

“Did you two fight or something?” She asked me.

“Fight? No… Why are you asking?” I asked her.

“It seems like he doesn’t want to see you.” She said in which I smiled awkwardly.

“Ah, yeah… he’s just shy and embarrassed about what happened. He’s probably scared that he bothered me for getting sick all of a sudden.” I explained but didn’t tell her the kiss part for obvious reasons. When I was done eating I wanted go check on him but I didn’t since that would just bother him. Soon it was dinnertime and we had to eat again.

“Shouldn’t he be eating healthy foods for energy? Like meat and stuff?” I asked her since I noticed that there was little to no meats in Jongsuk’s food.

“Oh, you don’t know that he can’t eat meat very well?” She said surprising me.

“Huhh?” This was the first time I hear of  it.

“Jongsuk’s body doesn’t take in meat that well. He told me he use to be a vegetarian and so eating meat is new for him.” She said in which made sense but…

‘Jongsuk can’t eat meat?’ I still didn’t believe it.

“R-really?” I asked in which she nodded.

“I… I didn’t know.” I felt terrible. How was it possible that I didn’t know this about him.

“He must have hid it from you. He did it to me too but I know what’s going immediate. That’s a women for you.” She chuckled.

“Ah… He hid it from me… He didn’t have to.” I said feeling bad for not knowing.

“Will he be okay eating meat then?” I asked her.

“If he eat a little bit he’s fine but too much will upset his stomach. He’ll get use to it over time. I told him he doesn’t have to force himself to eat meat but he said he wants to so I can’t stop him. He’ll just have to eat a little bit of meat until his body starts to accept it.” She told me.

“Oh…” I nodded still lost.

“Don’t worry, he didn’t tell you probably because he knew you’ll be worried like this.” Auntie Soonok tried cheering me up.

“Well how can I not be worried… I even fed him a piece of steak when I first met him…” I just remembered.

“Well now you know. And don’t yell at the poor kid.” She said as she played the bowls and plates onto a try.

“I wouldn’t yell at him. Of course I’m going to talk to him about it.” I said in which she stared at me.

“Auntie, why are there two trays?” I asked her.

“This one is Jongsuk’s and this one is yours.” She pointed out.

“Me? Why is mine in a tray?” I asked.

“Go eat with him upstairs.” She said as she held Jongsuk’s tray to me.

“Bring this to him and have a nice talk.” She said in which I grabbed the tray.

“O-oh…” I felt a bit awkward about it but I was happy that I get to eat with Jongsuk now.  I carried his tray upstairs and then Auntie Soonok carried mines behind me. 


Since this story was already a fantasy I figured it would be okay to make his tail have comeback.

It's a bit weird but I already have everything planned out.

Anyways thanks for reading~! ^-^