You

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

The workers rushed over to the side of the boat getting ready to puke.

“What’s with you two?” I looked at my two queasy men.

“Usually I can handle boat rides but it was so rough just now.” He said and covered his mouth.

“Ahhh don’t! I have to go in there later.” I said to him feeling disgusted.

“A bunch of people have already puked into the water.” He said making me even more disgusted.

“Ayy don’t tell me that.” I cringed as I turned away from them.

“I wonder how they manage to swim in these water the rest of their lives?” I said to myself

“Ugh, who are you talking about?” He asked me

“No one. When can we start moving again?” I asked them. They stopped the boat so that they can get rid of their fatigue. I really should have chosen better workers. They’re wasting my time.

“Right away sir” One of them rushed away. The island was already right in front of my nose but we still had some distance in between. I went inside and changed my clothes. First I wanted to go check out the cave. If I don’t see him then I’ll just have to go under. I don’t even know what the chances of us meeting again but it’s worth a try. Having to out beat the scary winds and gigantic waves I really hope I will get something out of this trip. We literally almost died out there in the open sea.

“Camera, towel, swimming trunks.” I said to myself.

“Do I need anything else?” I wondered.

“Sir we’re at the island now.” One of my men shouted making me surprise.

“Already?” I quickly picked everything up and went out.

“Okay. I’m going to go somewhere by myself. You two can stay here.” I said

“Will that be safe? One of us can go with you.” One of them said to me.

“It’s fine. I’ll be back before seven. Get dinner ready by then” I said checking my watch and setting an alarm.

“Okay and sir, can we get off of the boat? We kind of want some fresh air away from the boat for now.” he asked me.

‘Tsk~ such weak men they are.’ I said in my head.

“Uh sure. Just anchor the boat and you can do whatever you want.” I said back. I quickly grabbed everything and jumped onto the sandy beach. I was so rushed that I just grabbed everything without even thinking.

“I don’t need a towel right now. Why did I bring it out with me.” I tossed it on the sand since I was in a hurry. I didn’t have much time left until dinner and then even lesser time after that until it get’s dark.  I ran along the familiar sandy beach but this time all alone.

Ducky/Leo’s POV

“Huhh~” I gave a big yawn. I’ve never slept so well before. Maybe it’s because I’m on land now. I stretched my arms and legs before smiling widely. I then took a good look at the forest since it the sun was out now.

“The leaves are rough and noisy” I touched the leaves that were on the ground and tossed them into the air.  I then wiggled my toes finally seeing them properly.

‘They’re pretty cute’ I giggled.

‘I still can’t believe this is real.’ I slapped my cheeks lightly and smiled.

‘That hurt so it’s real~’ I giggled. I then got up getting ready for the new day however when I looked out to the beach I saw something surprising.

“Oh” I quickly hid behind a tree as I peeked out.

“What’s that?” I wondered

“Isn’t that a ship?” I asked myself

“It is a ship. When did it get here? Oh, does that mean that there are humans in it?” I was surprised. I was a bit happy but also scared and worried.

‘What do I do?’ I wondered. I then stood there quietly listening.

‘I don’t hear anyone.’ I said in my head.

“I want to go see it.” I was so tempted.

‘If they see me like this they’ll think that I’m crazy. They might even kill me. After all many humans are ruthless’ I hesitated in coming out of the forest or not. Just then I saw a white piece of cloth on the sand.

“Oh isn’t that a piece of clothing? I’ve seen some humans with it before. They usually wrap it around their waist.” I was a bit excited. I wanted to wear it because I’m now a human and so I want to do human stuff. Not to mention that if I had clothes on then they wouldn’t be suspicious of me.

‘They won’t notice that’s missing’ I then carefully but quickly ran out in the open and picked up the piece of cloth. I couldn’t help but to giggle because I finally get to run around on two legs. I wrapped the cloth around my waist but it kept on falling off.

‘Why isn’t it staying?’ I struggled with it. After trying and trying again I managed to have the piece of cloth around my waist.

“Phew~ this is hard to wear and uncomfortable. How do humans manage to wear something like this?” I tugged the cloth around my waist.

“I don’t want to be rude but how can I not take a look at this.” It was a lot smaller than the one that came last time. I then looked around the boat and saw that I could climb up from one end. Having legs actually made things a lot easier.

‘I can’t believe I get to see a real boat that’s above the water. Not to mention walking on it.’ I was so happy. I’ve seen a sunken boat before and it was a lot different than this one. Much cleaner and prettier. The surface beneath my feet was very slippery.

"Woah~ This feels amazing!" I said as I walked around and stared at the floor.

‘Now that I have this I kind of look like a regular normal human. If they found me I can just say I was lost here. And if they tried to kill me I will just jump in the water. Everything is going to be fine’ I had everything planned out in my head. I then tried walking on the boat but it was a very weird feeling. I like it but it was my first time so I was trying to get use to it. Of course I didn’t let my guard down. I kept on looking around as I walked further into the boat.

“Woah~” I said softly as I touched everything.

“What is this?” I wondered. I would then touch something else and ask what’s that. After walking around I saw a hole in the ground.

‘Looks like I can go down here.’ I said in my head as I stepped down slowly.

“Isn’t this what they call stairs?” I said taking a step at a time. I then just walked around and touched here and there.

“This is a table, and this is a chair. Or was it that other way around?” I was a bit confused. I did learn some things about humans but it all seemed so strange and it was hard to remember everything.

“Oh. Isn’t this a door?” I touched it and moved my hand over to the handle that was sticking out.

“Pull? Push?” I tried doing both but nothing worked.

“This is supposed to open.” I tried pushing it harder but it didn’t move one bit.

“Turn?” I tried turning it downward and it finally moved.

“Oh, it’s working” I was excited. After turning it all the way I pushed and the door opened.

“Ah-ha, I’m so smart” I praised myself. When I pushed the door open it was dark inside but right after the area just lit up as if the sun was there.

“Woah, how did that happen? Human magic?” I wondered. And then right in front of my eyes was one of the most amazing creations from humans.

“Oh! This is a bed.” I ran over and touched the surface of the bed.

“Woah~ it is softer than sea sponges.” I was amazed. For a big thing it sure was soft.

“This is incredible. Can I lie on it?” I asked out loud but I wasn’t sure whom I was asking. Maybe to myself so I just decided on my own.

“Maybe I can just sit down here on the edge. The humans won’t notice.” I then sat down on top of the bed.  I bounced up and down lightly before lying down on my back.

“Woah. Lying down on this feels great. It’s like clouds~” I spread my arms and rubbed them against he bed.

“It’s so comfortable. Now I know why humans sleep on it.” I said out loud as I rolled my body on top of it.

“Oh is that another door? I wonder what other fantastic creations are around.” I got up and walked over to the other side of this area.

“It doesn’t have a handle but it has a hole.” I was curious as to where this door leads to and why it’s a different type of door. Again I tried pushing and pulling but that didn’t work like before. I could turn the handle since there wasn’t any handle.

“How else can I open this?” I wondered.

‘Slide?’ I realized that, that could be an option. I then put my hand in the hole and pushed it sideways.

“Oh push worked. I really am smart.” I was so proud of myself. Once again inside was dark but then like magic the area lit up. I saw that it was just a small room with things hanging.

“Oh aren’t these clothes.” I smiled as I touched the clothes that were hanging.

‘Maybe I can just take one of these. These look a lot better than this white piece of clothe that I’m wearing right now.’ I said in my head. Just then I stood still because I heard some thing.

‘Footsteps. Someone is coming.’ I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. I just wanted to hide first off. I quickly went into the area with the hanging clothes and pushed the door close.

‘Please~ don’t come in here’ I said in my head but the more I beg the more closer the footsteps were. I then heard the handle of the first door being turned. Whoever it was that person was getting closer and closer.

“I thought I fixed my bed this morning.” I heard from the outside.

‘Bed? Ahh~ I should have got on the bed.’ I said in my head.

‘Please~ just go away so that I can escape.’ I begged in my head. I covered my mouth so that my breathing wouldn’t be so loud.  Everything was fine until I moved back and bumped into the hanging clothes. It made a rustling sound and some even fell on top of me.

“What was that?” I heard from the outside.

‘Ahh~ why did I have to move? I’m so in trouble’ I hit my head quietly as I thought of what to do next. Just then the door opened and I just froze with the clothes draped on top of my head.

“AAAISHHH!” He was very surprise when he opened the door and saw me. He shouted making me jump but I couldn’t process what he was saying. I was so scared and nervous that I couldn’t comprehend what he was saying not to mention I didn’t dare to look up at him.

“Yah, can’t you hear me?! Who are you and what are you doing in my closet?!” He yelled again making me scared to the point my heart wanted to jump out of my chest. Just then he grabbed onto my wrist forcefully pulling me out. The clothes on top of my head fell to the ground next to my feet.

“Yah. What’s with you?!” He shouted loudly. I then slowly pulled my head up hoping that some kind of miracle would happen where I can just escape from here safely.

“S-So-” I wanted to apologize but when I saw who he was I froze.

“Oh, YOU!!!” He continued shouting. This time it was understandable because I was shocked to see him as well.


About the 'strange friend's' name, I will explain it in the next chapter or so.

I know it's very confusing but just bare with it for now.

Anyways thanks for reading.