Shower Time

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

After getting myself some clothes as well we walked to the bathroom. I stared at his back as he walked towards the bathroom.

“I still don’t believe it. I would believe it if you had shown me your tail up close but right now you don’t have a tail. Just legs, regular human legs.” I was still in denial.

“That’s your problem.” He giggled.

“Huhh~” I sighed as I took a grasp of the situation.

“Okay… Fine I believe you but I’m still really confused.” I said before opening the bathroom door.

“I’m confused about the human world as well. We can help each other.” He said back to me.

“Woah~ everything in here is so shiny.” He said after going into the bathroom.

“Well I like my bathroom clean.” I said proudly.

“Oh this is a mirror right?” He asked as he touched the mirror.

“Yeah. How do you know so much?”

“Books and… missing treasure.” He said as he looked right into my eyes.

“Missing treasure? I think you mean lost treasure.” I corrected him.

“Is it? Korean language is too hard. What is this?”

“That’s a sink.”

“This? And that?” He pointed around.

“That’s the bath tub and this is the shower where you will be using.”

“Really?” He said excited before locking his eyes to mine. I stared at his dark eyes with some hair strands sticking down in front. I glanced at the little beauty mark under his right eye making his eyes more attractive.

“What is it?” I asked him.

“Are you… not scared of me?” He asked me.

‘Why am I not afraid of him?’ I wondered

“Should I be afraid of you?” I asked him.

“I don’t know. We are both humans now.”

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” I took a step closer to him.

“Me… Afraid of you?” He asked back at me.

“We’re the same height but my body is more built. Also I could call the police and have them take you away.” I said trying to scare him.

“We’re friends. You won’t do anything bad.” He said so sure.

“How are you so sure?” I walked closer to him.

“W-why are you doing this?” He asked me a bit scared as he backed up. He then bumped into the shower door roughly making me surprise.

“Are you okay?” I held on to him and pulled him forward.

“See? You don’t look mean.” He smiled at me.

“Yes, I’m too nice for my own good. Now get into the shower.” I pushed him inside.

“What’s that smell?” He asked me as he sniffed around in the air.

“The smell of artificial stuff, which is shampoo, soap, and conditioner.” I said pointing.

“What’s it for?”

‘Well this is going to take a while.’ I sighed in my head. I took then twenty minutes explaining about the soaps and shampoo and another ten minutes just for the water. I’m a person without much patience but surprisingly I’m coping well with Ducky.

“You remember everything I told you right?” I asked him.

“Yes.” He smiled brightly.

“You’re too pretty for a guy.” I said softly.

“You look prettier.” He said making me surprised.

“What are you talking about? Me pretty?” I sneered in disbelief.

“Yes, you’re attractive. Mermen with an upper body like yours would attract all the mermaids.” He said.

“Ah, you mean manly and handsome not pretty.”

“It’s not pretty?” He seemed confused

“Pretty is for women.” I expained to him.

“Ahh~ I didn’t know.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“Okay well take that off and hand it to me.” I said before turning away.

“Here.” He placed it on my hand. I immediately shut the shower door and looked over to his face. The bottom half of the shower door was frosted so I couldn’t see his lower half.

“What are you doing?” He looked surprised.

“I closed it so that the water wouldn’t come out.” I said to him.

“You remember how to turn the water on right?” I asked him

“Like this?” He turned the knob exactly where I told him the warm water would be.

“Oh the water is hot.”

“Yeah, that’s right if you are really a mermaid than you’ve never took a nice steaming shower before.”

“Steaming? What’s steaming?”

“When the water is really hot.” I said

“Why would you want to be in hot water? Can’t you die?” He said innocently.

“Not boiling hot. More like warm-hot. If it’s too hot just turn it down a bit.” I pointed.

“Oh.” He listened to me.

“You know what to do next right?”

“Yes. Let the water go in my hair and then use the shampoo.” He said to me.

“Yup. Well I’m going now.” I said turning away.

“Oh where are you going he stared at me with puppy dog eyes.

“I-I’m just going to be right outside.” I said surprised. I didn’t think he would react that way.

“Don’t go. Can’t you stay here?” He pouted.

“Umm if you want then I can stay here.” I said not even trying to object to him. It was something about his face especially his eyes. They looked really sad just now and it made me want to stay with him. Help him.

“Don’t go okay.” He said as if I would just run off.

“I know. I’ll be sitting here until your done so that I could shower next.” I said putting the toilet lid down and sat down. He seemed to be convinced that I wouldn’t leave so he continued with his shower. I don’t know why but my eyes would glance over to him as the water sprinkled down on top of him drenching his hair.

‘What am I doing?’ I snapped out of it and turned away.

“Turn the water off when you’re soaked already.” I told him.

“Yes, I remember.” He said happily. I tried to not look at him but once in a while my head would turn towards him unknowingly. I saw that he was massaging his scalp making bubbles multiple on his head.

“This is so fun. And it smells so… strange. A good strange.” He giggled.

“Ha~ he’s so easily amazed.” I said to myself softly.

“Everything is amazing he said making me surprised.”

“What you heard me?” I asked him.

“Yes, you were not talking to me?” He asked me.

“No I was talking to myself. How could you hear that when I was whispering and with the water running.

“Am I doing it right?” He asked me with a head full of soap bubbles.

“Yeah Uh-“

“My eyes hurt.”  He closed his eyes tightly.

“Turn the water on and rinse it. Sorry I forgot to mention that you shouldn’t let it go in your eyes.” I said a bit frantic. I watched him as he rinsed the shampoo off of him.

“Rinse you’re eyes well.” I said as I keep watch on him.

“Will they be okay?” He asked me.

“Yes, it just stings for a bit but it’s safe. Are you okay now?” I got up and walked over to have a better look at him.

“Yes. I’m fine now. I don’t like shampoo.” He pouted.

“It’s a necessity. Just don’t get it in your eyes.” I said before returning to sit down on the toilet.

“Next is this?” He picked up the conditioner.

“Yeah umm, don’t get that in your eyes either. The body wash too.” I warned him now.

“I know now.” He giggled. I turned my gaze away as I waited for him.

“So Ducky, how old are you?” I asked him as I focused my eyes on the towel hanging on the wall.

“I’m 12” He said       

“What 12 years old?” I turned to look at him but quickly turned away.

‘He doesn’t look that young.’ I was surprised.

“Not years old. Merlives”

“What? M-merlives?” I was confused.

“Yes, I read in the books that humans count their ages differently than the merfolk.” 

“Oh then how many human… years old are you?” I asked him.

“I’m not sure. I haven’t figured it out yet.”

“Well then how do you calculate merlives?” I asked him.

“How do I explain this?...” He began thinking.

“It’s whenever the moon is fully covered.” He said

“Oh so the lunar eclipse.” I said back.

“Ahh~ so that’s what humans call it.” He sounded amazed.

“Now we just have to calculate how many years for a solar eclipse to occur.” I said.

“Is that how we can find my age in human years?”

“Probably.”  I then sat there thinking about all sorts of things like what am I going to do next.

‘I’m going to have to leave soon and so what should I do with him? Leave him here? Take him back with me? Should I tell my men? Most likely they’ll tell my umma. How can I possible a hide a person on board without them knowing? If I do take him back then what next? He can’t live on his own nor live with me.’ I said in my head.

“Aish~” I hissed before ruffling my hair. I turned to look at Ducky and saw him look out at me with his hands pressed against the glass like a drenched puppy looking out of the window.

“Oh Uhh Ducky what’s the matter?” I asked him

“How do I get out?” He asked me.

“Ah! Just slide the door. You could have asked me.” I got up and opened the shower door for him.

“I did ask you but I think you didn’t hear me.” He said innocently.

“You should have shouted then. I’m sorry. I should have told you how to open it.” I grabbed the towel and handed it to him. I tried my best not to look at his bare body. With my other friends we’re completely comfortable looking at each others body but seeing Ducky’s was just... flustering.

“Dry yourself and then you could wear the clothes.”

“Oh. I don’t know how to wear the clothes.” He said to me as he dried himself.

“Umm. Well you put this on with the picture in front…..” I explained everything for him.

“Did you understand everything I said?”

“Uhh yes. A bit.” He giggled.

“Well step out here and wear it so that I could take my shower. “ My eyes wandered down his body accidently and so I turned away.

“And importantly. Cover your lower body. Only you should see. Not others.”

“Oh. Yes I’m sorry.” He chuckled.

“It’s almost dinner time  and I’m hungry so I should hurry up with my shower.” I said. Just then I heard a grumble sound. It wasn’t my stomach so it was the other person in here.

“You’re hungry too aren’t you?” I giggled.

“Yes, there isn’t much food on land than under the sea.” He said shyly

‘Great another thing to worry about. Feeding him…’ I said in my head.

“We’ll eat after I’m done. I’ll be quick.” I said slipping into the shower and stripped my swimsuit off before tossed it onto the ground.

“Don’t peek.” I said to him because I saw him staring at me.

“Do we look the same?”  He said smiling as he looked down to his lower body.

“Tsk~ I don’t. And I don’t want to know. DON’T LOOK AT ME!” I said before turning the water on.  I quickly took a shower, faster than usual. I glanced outside and saw that he was struggling to put the sweatpants on while standing. His shirt and underwear were on correctly so I wasn’t that worried.

‘What am I looking at? Stop looking.’ I said to myself as I roughly washed my face under the water.

“Woobin.” He called out to me casually.

‘I wonder if I’m older or is he older than me? Calling out to me by my name like that.’ I wondered.

“What is it?” I asked him.

“The pant is too big.”  He said pulling the waistband out around his waist to show me.

“Pull the strings in the front to make it smaller.” I pointed.

“This?” He picked one of the strings up.

“Pull both of them.” I said before turn the water off. 

“Like this?” He pulled on them.

“Yes. I’ll tie it for you.” I said before opening the shower door. I was going to step out but I didn’t because he was there. I reached for the other towel as I kept my lower body concealed but I couldn’t reach it.

“I’ll get it for you.” He walked over and handed me the towel.

“T-thanks.” I took the towel and dried myself in the shower. He seemed like he wanted to look at my body but he resisted. He was really well behaved.

‘I’m not saying that he’s like a pet but he kind of is. Great listener and... adorable.’ I said in my head and smiled.


I think it's a bit better than the previous chapter right?

More details and awkwardness in it I guess :P

Even as the author of this fanfic I had to admit that I really made Ducky cute and innocent XD 

Anyways leave a comment if you have anything to say.

Subscribe and upvote if you liked it ^-^

Thank you for reading!