Good Memory

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

“Ahmm~” I cleared my throat.

‘Ugh~ my throat is so dry.’ I said in my head still very tired. I was hesitating whether or not I should get up and drink some water. I didn’t want to get up but maybe it would be better if I did. I opened my eyes and saw that it was somewhat bright outside. The sun probably just started coming up. I then sat up sleepily and sat on the edge of the bed. I got up and was going to walk out when I noticed something on the floor.

“What the…!” I blinked a couple of times to clear up my vision. On the floor I saw a giant blob that was like a blanket. It was still kind of dark so I could see much. I then saw a figure beneath the blanket.

“Jongsuk?!” I was surprise to see him just lying there on the floor.

 “What is he doing here on the floor?” I was surprised and confused. He was just lying on the floor curled up into a ball with his blanket.

‘Since when was he here?’ I was worried since the floor was hard and cold.

‘Is it because of me?’ I smiled as I placed my hands on my hips. I then went over and picked him up in my arms carefully with the blanket.

‘Pff~ he’s again.’ I sneered. I carried him over to my bed and set him down carefully.

‘Just why was he sleeping on the floor? Did he just want to sleep with me? He could have just slept on the bed beside me.’ I wondered as I fixed him up a bit. He moved around a bit but remained asleep peacefully. I just smiled as I watched him.

‘I don’t even know how I should look at you. They way you are just doesn’t feel like you're a normal human friend.’ I said in my head. I then just went to the kitchen for my water. I quickly drank it and rushed back upstairs worried that Jongsuk would wake up and freak out because he doesn’t see me. I climbed onto the bed where there was free space and just laid down. I peered over the big blanket and saw the back of his head where it seemed like a messy bird’s nest.

‘I wonder what he’s dreaming about?’ I said in y head as I pushed the blanket aside.

‘I should move in closer before I roll off the edge.’ I said in my head and moved closer to him. I believe that it was just an excuse because I wanted to sleep right next to him. I mean it felt really nice sleeping with him last night. I pulled myself over to him and pushed my arm under his neck  to be a little bit more comfortable.

“Huhh~” I sighed and smiled before going back to sleep. The next moment I was starting to wake up I felt some movements beside me. I opened my eyes and saw him playing with my phone.

‘What is he doing?’ I wondered. I reached up and rubbed my eyes.

“Oh, you’re awake Woobin?” He looked up to me and smiled. I returned him a smile. He semi-long hair was scrunched up, all mess making him look adorable. 

“Mmmhm~, what are you doing?” I said taking a closer look at the phone screen. It seems like he was stuck on the lock screen since he didn’t know my password.

“It just now.” He said handing the phone to me.

“Oh,” I started checking it. It seems like I received a messaged. 

“Someone messaged me.” I said opening the message. He scooted over closer to me and watched the phone screen.

“A message? What is that?” He asked me.

“It’s like uhhh… do you know what a letter is?”

“Yes, when someone wants to tell someone else something they write it on paper and send it.” He said cutely.

“Messaging it like that but through the phone.” I smiled.

“Ahhh~ so it’s like calling but just with writing.” He nodded.

“Looks like Inguk messaged me.” I said opening the message.

“Is he your friend?” He asked me.

“Oh, an annoying friend.” I chuckled.

‘You better go to class today.’ I read his message and then sighed.

“What did he say?” Jongsuk asked.

“Can you read hangul?” I asked him.

“A bit.”

“Can you read this?” I showed him the screen.

“Hmmmm… You.. better…..” He tried reading.

“Can you just tell me?” He pouted.

“Okay. He messaged. ‘You better go to class today.’ He wants me to go to school.” I explained.

“Ahh.. You should go.” He said with wide eyes.

“I don’t want to. I don’t even have to go. The notes are online.”

“But your friend told you to go.”

“Well I don’t have to listen to him.” He just pouted and turned away.

“Oh Woobin-ah. Why am I here?” He asked me.

“Didn’t you came in here last night?” I said back as I yawned.

“I did but I didn’t go on your bed.” He said making me sneer.

“Yeah, you were on the floor. I carried you up here.” I chuckled.

“Ah… “ He nodded.

“Why did you come sleep on the floor?” I asked him. He just turned away embarrassed.

“I just… wanted to sleep next to you.” He said shyly.

“You could just sleep on the bed.” I chuckled.

“I didn’t want to make you mad.” He said burying himself into his blanket.

“Mad? I won’t be mad.” I said smiling.

‘Why is he so cute?’ I asked myself in my head.

“Huhhh~ Let’s sleep a bit longer.” I yawned before snuggling into my pillow.

“Huhhh~” I heard him yawning as well. I smiled as I stared at his figure beneath the blanket.

“You won’t be able to breath in there.” I said digging through the blanket to find and opening.

“Oh.” He said and popped his head out. I wanted to sleep but I couldn’t. I just laid there and stared at the ceiling.

‘What will I do today?’ I said in my head. I then glanced over to Jongsuk who was trying to go back to sleep.

* ring ring~ * My phone rang suddenly. Jongsuk jolted and glanced over to me.

“Ughh~ who’s calling~?” I groaned as I reached for my phone. I had it on silent from 11- 9 and so it just past 9 o’clock which is why it’s so noisy.

‘Ahh~ Inguk…’ I sighed. I hesitated in whether or not to answer it.

‘Why not…’ I decided. I got up and went out of my bedroom to talk to him so that I wouldn’t bother Jongsuk.

“What is it?” I answered the call.

 “Go to class today!”  He shouted.

‘Tsk I’m going to go deaf because of him.’ I hissed

“Why~?”

“There’s going to be a in-class assignment today since so many people aren’t going to lecture.”

“Can’t you do it for me since you have to go either way?” I asked him

“I don’t want to. Just get your here.”

“I don’t want to~” I groaned.

“It’s not my grades that I’m worried about you know!” He said making me sigh.

‘Well I can’t go because I have to look after Jongsuk.’ I said in my head.

“Okay I can’t go. I have to do something.” I said not sure of how I would tell him.

“Well you can go do that ‘something’ some other time. If you’re not in class then I would stop marking in your attendance.” He said making me frustrated.

“Oh come on Inguk!”

“I’m busy, bye.” He said and hung up.

“Ugh~ I can’t leave him alone.” I said to myself slowly.

‘The only thing I could to is either leave him here alone or take him with me but I don’t think that’ll work.’ I said in my head. I walked back into the room and saw Jongsuk sitting up staring at me.

“I can stay here by myself.” He said making me surprise.

“Huh?... You heard me?” I asked him.

“Ahhh~ you have super good hearing” I just remembered.

“Mmmhm. You should go to school.” He nodded.

“How can I let you stay here by yourself?” I said back as I sat down beside him.

“Why can’t I?” He asked back at me.

“Well… Because….” I didn’t know what to say.

“You’ll be lonely and you don’t even know what everything is yet.” I said back.

“You’ll come back after going to school right?” He said. I thought about it for a bit still worried.

“Are you sure you can stay here by yourself. I’ll be back in a few hours.

“Of course~” He said cutely. The blanket then slipped off of his shoulder exposing his bare skin.

“Hah~” I sneered.

“Wear some clothes.” I said covering him up with the blanket.

“Okay~” He smiled before trying to get up.

“Where did you put them?” I asked him.

“In my room over there~” He pointed.

“Okay. Go put them on and when you’re done we can wash up and eat breakfast.

“Eat? I like that. He giggled.

“You just love eating and sleeping.” I chuckled.

“Of course! It feels good sleeping and everything tastes much good~” He chuckled.

“Really good not much.”

“Oh. Really good!” He giggled. I then got up followed by him. He held onto the giant blanket as he wrapped it around his body and ran to his bedroom.

“Haha~ cute.” I giggled. I went to pick out some clothes for Jongsuk and myself. Once I was done I gathered our clothes and peered into his room.

“I’m done.” He said and walked over to me fully dressed.

“Okay, we need to take a shower.” I said to him.

“Together?” He asked me.

“NO! We should never shower together!” I said flustered.

“Ah…. Okay. Over there? He pointed.

“You have a bathroom in your bedroom.”

“Oh, I do?!” He was surprised. He then rushed into his room and looked around.

“This door?!” He rushed over and opened the bathroom door making me chuckle.

“Yeah, that’s the bathroom.” I said. He was so amazed by the bathroom.

“Woah~ this is my bathroom?”

“Well yeah, it is in your bedroom.” I chuckled.

“I have a bathroom in my bedroom too.” I told him.

“Woobin will shower there?”

“Yeah. Let’s go brush our teeth first.” I said. We could brush our teeth in our own bathroom but I’m still a bit worried about him doing it himself. But then again showering could be problematic for him too.

“Do you remember what to do?” I asked him as we walked over to the sink.

“Mmmhm~” He nodded with a big smile. He then cutely did everything correctly and I followed his instructions.

“And then we wipe our face dry.” He said handing me my towel so that I could dry my face.

“Thanks.” I said and wiped my face. He did the same with a bright smile.

“Looks like you remembered everything.” I was proud of him.

“I said I have good memory.” He said proudly.

“Now we have to shower. You can use the shampoo and soap here.” I said gathering the things that he will need.

“What about Woobin?” He asked me.

“I have some in my own bathroom but you don’t so you take these.” I said taking it to his bathroom. He followed behind me as we went there. I set everything up and started explaining what he has to do first.

“Make sure the water is warm before you set in. It could be really hot and burn yourself. Ummm…. This is shampoo, this is body wash… The shampoo you-“

“I know what to do.” He pouted.

“Are you sure?”

“Mmmh~” This is for my head. This is for my body. Water has to be warm. Once I’m done I let the water take all the bubbles off and I wipe my body with the towel. Am I right?” He smiled proudly.

“Uh.. mmhm~” I nodded awkwardly.

‘I’m so use to treating him like a child but he learn things too quickly.’ I said in my head.

“And then you wear your new clothes.” I said pointing to the set of new clothes that I hung up for him.

“Ah, yes. I know.” He giggled.

“Okay, well you have to do everything yourself. I’m going to go take a shower as well in my own bathroom.” I said so that he would know not to panic if he doesn’t see me.

“Okay! Clean Jongsuk will see clean Woobin later~” He giggled.

“Okay, be careful.” I said and walked out awkwardly.

“Can he really shower all by himself?” I said to myself softly as I closed the bathroom door

“I said I can!” He said behind the close door.

“Okay-okay.” I said and walked away.

‘I shouldn’t talk out loud so much. He keeps on listening to the things that he doesn’t have to hear.’ I said in my head.


Sorry I've been busy with school lately so I couldn't update earlier.

Anyways thanks for reading! ^-^