Making Friends

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV”

“Ughhh~ there’s a lot of people here today” A guy said as he stretched his arms.

“Mhm~ we came a bit early. They should be leaving soon since we reserved our time for the pool. The other person said as they both started stretching. Just then a guy started running on the side of the pool, which caught their attention.

‘What is he doing running in here?’ One of the guy said in his head as he watched the other person running. Just then the guys slipped and fell right on his .

“Haa~” He snickered at the other person’s pain.

“What is it?” His friend asked him not aware of what had happened.

“Just some guy running and slipped.” He motioned over to the person.

“Jongsuk-ah~ I told you many times not to run.” They heard another guy yell as he helped the one that slipped up.

“Is he an idiot running in here?” the two friends looked at each other.

“I know right?” They said before walking over to the pool. They were both from the national swimming team and they were there to practice for their upcoming tournament. Since they came a bit early they spent the time just warming up and having fun.

“Woah~!” They heard someone shouting. They looked up to the diving board and saw that same person that had slipped earlier along with his friend.

“Come down if you don’t want to jump.” Woobin said to him

“I want to jump.” Jongsuk pouted but held on to the rail tightly.

“Then jump.” Woobin said.

“But it’s scary.” Jongsuk frowned.

“Huhh~ Such a weird guy.” The swimmer sighed as he looked up to them. He then continued what he was doing, just trying out different swimming styles.

“Taehwan-ah, you know that guy from earlier.” His friend swam over and asked him.

“The one that slipped?” He asked back.

“Yeah, have you seen him swim?” He asked

“Not really, why?” He wondered.

“He’s pretty fast.” He said amazed.

“Really? He seems like a newbie to me. He has no form at all and is a klutz. Are you sure it was him?” Taehwan said back.

“It was. I admit he seems a bit off but for sure he’s fast. Perhaps a bit of practice he’ll be perfect. I don’t know about his swimming but his gliding is on point. I can say that he’s worth putting into the team.” His friend smiled.

“Really? He’s that good?” Taehwan doubted him.

“I’m not 100% sure since I haven’t seen him swim properly but so far he’s above average.”

“Ayy~ I don’t believe you.” Taehwan still didn’t believe him.

“What are you two arguing about?” Their coach came over.

“Oh, coach!”

“Nothing really…”

“Coach we just saw a potential team member” His friend smiled.

“Who?”

“Umm~” the friend glanced around to find Jongsuk.

“That guy” He pointed at Jongsuk. Jongsuk was running and almost slipped again.

“I don’t think so…” Taehwan sighed again.

“He may seem like an idiot but his swimming is no joke.”

“I’ve never seen him around.” Said the coach.

“ Neither have us. Maybe he’s new around here?” said the friend.

“Even if he’s good I doubt we could put him on the team. There’s a waiting list isn’t there coach?” Taehwan said.

“Yeah, there are quiet a few potential swimmers that are waiting to be on the team.” The coach said. Taehwan then touched his neck to feel for his necklace but he couldn’t feel it at all.

 

“Oh my necklace.” Taehwan noticed that his necklace was gone.

“What? You lost it already?” His friend was surprised.

“Ayy~ I told you to take it off earlier.” His friend said.

“I didn’t think it would come off so easily.” Taehwan looked under the water but it was really deep.

“This is the deep side of the pool too.” He sighed.

“What’s the matter hyung?” another teammate of his swam over.

“I think I dropped my necklace in the pool.” Taehwan told him.

“What is it like?” He asked so that he could help look for it.

“It’s thin, gold, and has a wishbone charm” He explain. They all dived down for a look but couldn’t really see clearly without their goggles.

“Ahh~ I can’t see without my goggles.” They went back up for a breath.

“I told you to take it off earlier.” His friend yelled at him

“I didn’t think it would come off so easily. If I knew I wouldn’t have worn it.” Taehwan said back frustrated.

“I’m going to get my goggles.” He said about to get out of the pool.

“Is this your necklace?” Jongsuk found it easily. He heard them talking earlier about a necklace under the water. He figured that the person had dropped his necklace and was now looking for it. He dived right under and found the necklace at the bottom of the pool easily. He swam over to them hesitating at first since he didn’t know them.

“Oh.. yes. Thank you…” Taehwan accepted his necklace in shock.

“You welcome.” Jongsuk smiled shyly.

“How did you find it?” Taehwan asked him since he didn’t seem to have any goggles on him.

“It was just down there.” Jongsuk said confused at his question.

“So you just saw it without goggles?” said amazed.

“Goggles?” Jongsuk didn’t know what that meant.

“Here are your goggles.” Coach walked over. Jongsuk saw and knew what he meant.

“Thanks coach. But he found it for us.” Taehwan’s friend said.

“I don’t need those.” Jongsuk said.

“Jongsuk-ah~” Woobin called out to him from the other side of the pool.

“Yes~” Jongsuk shouted back to Woobin.

“Bye.” Jongsuk waved and swam right over to Woobin underwater instantly.

“Woah~ he found it without goggles…” Taehwan’s friend was surprised.

“Oh but that’s him though coach!” He said remembering that he was the one that was a fast swimmer.

“L-look at that. See? Oh, he’s already there. He really is quick.” He said amazed.

“You’re right… That was just 5 seconds…” Both Taehwan and coach were surprised.

“Now I’m curious about him.” Their coach said.

“I am too.” Taehwan kept his eyes on Jongsuk.

“Let’s talk to him.” His friend suggested.

“Should we?” He smiled. In the end Taehwan and his friend followed him over to Jongsuk. Jongsuk was about to leave with Woobin and his friends when the three people approached them.

“Hello~” Taehwan greeted him first.

“Hello~” his friends also gave friendly smile and waved.

“Hey…What is it?” Woobin spoke up a bit confused.

“I was wondering… What university do you go to?” Taehwan asked first since he didn’t want to jump right in and get all awkward.

“Why do you want to know?” Woobin asked back.

“Oh hey Joohyuk, are these your friends?” The friend greeted Joohyuk.

“Hello, hyung. Yes, they’re my friends. We just decided to stop by for a swim since this place just reopened.” Joohyuk said.

“Then you all go to the same university?” He asked.

“Ummm not really. Woobin does but not Jongsuk.”

“Oh, Taehwan.” Inguk came over and greeted him.

“Oh, Inguk hyung.” Taehwan didn’t noticed him at first.

“What? You guys know each other?” Inguk asked Woobin.

“No..” Woobin said straight out.

“I was wondering which school they go to since your friend here is a pretty good swimmer. Is he in a swimming club?” Taehwan asked looking at Jongsuk.

“No...” Woobin answered for him.

“Oh… that’s a shame. Then… have you received some kind of training?” Taehwan was curious. Woobin wanted to answer for him but it would seem like he was overprotective of him.

“No… I learned it on my own. I just like swimming.” Jongsuk answer perfectly fine.

“Well you’re very good.” Taehwan said still interested in this person.

“Ummm, are you busy now? Do you have to leave?” Taehwan asked him.

“Busy?” Jongsuk looked over to Woobin.

“Well we just need to leave to eat.”

“You’re in no rush right? Do you mind having a match with me?” Taehwan asked.

“Have a match? What do I do?” Jongsuk didn’t know what he was asking for. He turned to Woobin confused.

“Just swimming race.” He pointed to the pool.

“He’s just an amateur. He doesn’t even know the basics.” Woobin said to Taehwan.

“It’s not that hard. I just want to check his speed since he seems really fast.” Taehwan insisted.

“If Taehwan is asking then go ahead and try. It’s rare that you get to compete with such a famous swimmer other than myself.” Inguk smiled like an idiot.

‘So he wants me to race with him in swimming?’ Jongsuk said in his head.

“I don’t know if I can do it.” Jongsuk wasn’t so confident.

“Ayy~ what are you worried about. You swim just fine.” Joohyuk said to Jongsuk.

“If you’re afraid of losing then don’t worry. He’ll go easy on you.” The friend said.

“Are you okay with swimming with him?” Woobin asked Jongsuk to make sure.

“Mmmh~ I can try.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Just a lap is fine.” Taehwan said stretching.

“A lap?” Jongsuk wondered about it.

“It’s from here to there and then back.” Woobin explained to him softly.

“Ahh~ So just like the people in the phone that Joohyuk showed us?” Jongsuk asked.

“Yeah.” Woobin smiled at him. They all walked over to the pool anticipating the match. Could it be that this odd person is an amazing swimmer or was it just by chance? They were all about to find out.

‘His body looks great but judging from his personality and actions he’s a bit slow. He seems like a total amateur. I wonder if he has any idea what to do.’ Taehwan wondered.

“Would you like to see an example?” Taehwan asked him.

“An example?” Jongsuk tried remembering what that word meant.

“Oh, yes!” Jongsuk nodded happily.

“Here just watch them do it.” Taehwan pointed to his friend and Joohyuk.

“Me?” They were surprised. After a minute of getting ready and getting on the platform they finally were able to start. They had their goggles on and were in position ready to take off.

“Ready?” Their coach asked. Right when he blew his whisper the two jumped in and swam through the water.

“Oohh~” Jongsuk was amazed.

“Go Joohyuk!” Inguk cheered.

“You can do that right?” Taehwan asked Jongsuk.

“Mmmh~ I can try” One of them was in the lead and arrived back first.

“I win~!” Taehwan’s friend shouted and took his goggles off.

“Why were you so serious, hyung?!” Joohyuk complained.

“Now it’s our turn.” Taehwan said excited.

“Here Jongsuk-ah.” Inguk offered his goggles to Jongsuk since he didn’t have a pair.

“It’s okay. I don’t need it.” Jongsuk said.

“Really? Are you sure?” Inguk was surprised. Woobin tried signaling him to just take it but Jongsuk didn’t notice him. Jongsuk glanced over to Taehwan to make sure he did everything right. Just like usual he was able to remember everything correctly.

“Be careful.” Woobin said a bit worried.

“Yess~” Jongsuk smiled. Just then his smile disappeared and he was determined to get it right.

When I hear the whistle I jump in.’ Jongsuk said in his head.

“Ready?” The coach asked them. Right when he heard the whistle he jumped right in. He did his best and started swimming just like how he saw the other people swam. He was a little behind Taehwan since he still wasn’t use to the style of swimming.

“He’s like a copy machine. Learns so quick.” Woobin was amazed.

“Since when was he this good?” Joohyuk was surprised. When Jongsuk saw the wall he knew he had to flip around. Jongsuk flipped his body and kicked off from the wall, gliding through the water. At this point he made a comeback and was now ahead of the race. He then swam all the way back successfully finishing off by touching the wall.

“How was I?” Jongsuk asked all excited as he looked at the others. Everyone seemed amazed.

“You were amazing!” Inguk said still surprised.

“You beat Taehwan hyung!” Taehwan’s friends were surprised.

“I thought you said you were an amateur.” Taehwan said out of breath.

“What’s an amateur?” He asked back.

“That you swim just for fun.” Taehwan explained upset that he actually lost.

“Yeah. I just swim for fun.” Jongsuk smiled. Taehwan just sneered at him surprised.

“Well~ you’re pretty good” He said to Jongsuk

“Was I? It’s my first time swimming like that.” Jongsuk said in which just stunned Taehwan. They both climbed out of the pool feeling a lot closer to each other now.

“Oh, I didn’t get your name yet. I’m Park Taehwan” He extended his hand.

“I’m Lee Jongsuk. 1989.” Jongsuk shook his hand

‘I should tell him to stop saying his year…’ Woobin said in his head.

“We’re the same age friends then.”

“Really? Then you can be Woobin’s friend as well.” Jongsuk chuckled.

“Woobin?” Taehwan was confused.

“Hello. I’m Woobin” Woobin greeted coolly.

“Are you also an ‘amateur’ swimmer?” Taehwan asked him.

“I’m seriously just an amateur unlike him.” Woobin chuckled.

“And I’m Youngjun.” Taehwan’s friend said cheerfully

“Well, I would like to swim with you again.” Taehwan said since he knew they had to leave.

“Oh, okay.” Jongsuk smiled.

“We have to start practice now. Bye.” Taehwan and his friend bid them goodbye.

“Bye-bye~” Jongsuk and others said back.

“Have a nice meal.” Taehwan said and they just split.

“Woah~ Jongsuk hyung, its rare that you get to race with THE Park Taehwan.” Joohyuk said amazed.

“I have a new friend~” was all the Jongsuk cared about.

“Ohh~ and what a amazing friend you just made.” Woobin chuckled.

“Woah~ Park Taehwan lost? You were going easy on him didn’t you?” Youngjun smiled.

“No…” Taehwan sighed.

“Eh?” Youngjun was surprised.

“I was actually trying.” Taehwan said to him as he walked away. Jongsuk and the rest all went to the shower room to wash up and change their clothes. Once they were done they headed out to eat. It was kind of early for dinner but they were all hungry after swimming earlier. When they finished they ended the day and they all left to their own places. Woobin drove back home with Jongsuk who seemed like he was in a really good mood. Like usual when they got home they got ready for bed early and started watching a movie.

“You seem really happy.” Woobin said eyeing Jongsuk’s smile.

“I am~ Today was really fun.” He said hugging onto Woobin’s arm comfortably.

“Was it really?” Woobin smiled since he was so cute.

“Mmhm~ I got to jump off the diving boards, swim in a big, big pool, and made new friends.” Jongsuk giggled.

“You accomplished a lot today.” Woobin smiled and hugged him. The room was all dark with just the light from the TV as well as the faint sound of the movie being played. With the setting like this it was just calling for them to share a kiss. It wasn’t just Woobin that wanted them to touch lips but Jongsuk also in the mood for it. The leaned over and gently met their lips in between them.

“This makes me even more happy.” Jongsuk giggled and wrapped his arms around Woobin’s neck.

“You should be saying that with such ease.” Woobin said since it would be bad if he lost control of himself.

“What do you mean?” Jongsuk asked.

“Ummm… Well if you’re saying those things… I might… want more…” Woobin said awkwardly. Jongsuk just thought about it on his own for bit. He then leaned over and gave Woobin another kiss but this time a longer one. Woobin was confused but accepted it happily.

“If Woobin wants more then, let’s do more.” Jongsuk said flustering Woobin.

“Y-yah… J-Jongsuk-ah…” Woobin didn’t know what to say. They continued kissing as Woobin processed what Jongsuk had just said in his head.

‘What is he saying?’ Woobin shouted yet his lips and tongue moved on their own. Jongsuk even started pushing against him to deepen the kiss.

‘Has he gone crazy? This is just too much for me to handle.’ Woobin panicked. Lately they start kissing more so Jongsuk was a lot more comfortable about it. He didn’t really think much about it other then it make him feel good and Woobin also feels good from it so it was okay to kiss. By now Woobin was just enjoying the kiss since there was nothing else he could do. He could stop it all but he didn’t have the will and power to do it.

We haven’t done that in a while’ Jongsuk said in his head.

‘If we do that then Woobin would be really happy! I want to make him happy’ Jongsuk smiled. Jongsuk broke the kiss and leaned back with a smile.

“What’s the matter?” Woobin asked as he pulled Jongsuk in to snuggled against.

“I was just wondering… why don’t we… touch each other tonight?” Jongsuk said shyly. Woobin’s eyes just widen and pushing Jongsuk back.

‘What did he just say?’ Woobin wasn’t sure if he heard him right.

“W-what did you say?” Woobin asked him.

“Ummm. Let’s touch each other and make us feel good.” Jongsuk said all happily and was going to hug Woobin when he held him away.

“Why?!” Woobin questioned him.

“Why?... Just because…” Jongsuk pouted.

“What?” Woobin was confused.

“I… just want to do it since it’s been a long time…” Jongsuk was confused by Woobin’s reaction.

“What are you saying?!” Woobin was just flustered by him.

“Isn’t it okay to touch each other once in a while? Woobin said it was okay.” Jongsuk pouted.

“I did?” Woobin wasn’t even sure what was going on anymore.

“I want to make Woobin feel good.”

“This isn’t something you should do for me.” Woobin told him.

“Why~?” Jongsuk cocked his head.

“Why?... because….. you should… do it for yourself. Value yourself and don’t just do it for me.” Woobin said since he knew that all this time he was taking advantage of Jongsuk.

“But I’m happy if Woobin is happy.” Jongsuk said which just melt Woobin. They both became silent and so Jongsuk leaned over and gave him a warm kiss.

“I like this.” Jongsuk said softly. He then hugged him tightly and gave Woobin a peck on his neck.

“I like this too.” Jongsuk said muffling his voice against Woobin’s neck. Woobin just gave in and continued their kissing.

‘We shouldn’t be doing this…’ Woobin said in his head but continued anyways. He just lost his mind and his body just moved on it’s own. After a moment of what seem like he was unconscious he came back to reality and realized what he was doing. Their body was against each other and their hands were wandering each other’s body ally.

‘We’re not suppose to do this either!’ Woobin panicked once again. He felt guilty that they were doing this kind of thing when they’re not in in that kind of relationship.

‘I should really stop this.’ Woobin decided. He slowly moved Jongsuk onto his back and slyly ended the kiss.

“That’s it for tonight.” Woobin said.

“That’s it?” Jongsuk pouted.

“Mmhmm… I’m tired.” Woobin said. He was tired but that wasn’t really the reason.

“Really? Then, let’s sleep.” Jongsuk said as he helped Woobin lie down.

‘He’s so sweet.’ Woobin smiled. Jongsuk did everything including turning off the TV and tucked Woobin in.

“Good night.” Jongsuk gave Woobin a peck on the lips.

“Good night Jongsuk-ah.” Woobin said feeling so happy.

‘You’re so precious to me. It’s not that I don’t like doing theses things with you… It’s not the right time… I… I have to confess to you first. I have to commit to it first. We should follow the order before I could ravish you and make you mine.’ Woobin said in his head.