My Lips...

That Strange New Friend

Jongsuk’s POV

“I.. seriously didn’t mean it  earlier so… don’t be sad.” He said before pulling his arms away.

‘Oh?’ I was a bit surprised. I turned around and saw him siting down at the table. Our eyes met and so I turned back around to make us food.

‘Okay~… Maybe he‘s telling the truth. He wasn’t talking about me earlier.’ I said in my head to cheer up a bit. Just the thought that Woobin doesn’t like me scared me. If he doesn’t like me then… No one will… I continued making us breakfast feeling a lot better after he hugged me. I then went to get a frying pan to fry eggs for us.

“Oh, do you need help?” Woobin got up.

“No, it’s okay. I can do it.” I said finally smiling.

“Really? What are you going to do?” He asked me.

“I’m going to fry two eggs for us.” I said getting the eggs over next to the pan.

“You know how to cook?” He asked surprised.

“Mmhm~ Soonok Auntie showed me.” I smiled.

“Ohh~ You’re such a good learning.” He said making me happy. I then the fire and followed the set that Soonok Auntie taught me for frying eggs.

“Sit down Woobin. I’ll bring it over to you once I’m done.” I said since I’ve always wanted to make a meal for Woobin.

“Oh, okay. Just be careful.” He said and I nodded. Once the eggs seemed cooked just like Soonok Auntie showed me I turned the fire off and placed a fried egg in each bowl.

“It’s all done!” I said happily.

“Here you go Woobin.” I set his bowl in front of him.

“Wow~ thanks Jongsuk. It looks delicious.” Woobin said smiling.

“Hehe~ you’re welcome…” I said shyly as I went to get my bowl. Once I got it I set it down on the opposite side of Woobin. We then started mixing and ate right after.

“Mmhm~ it’s delicious.” He kept on saying.

“It is.” I agreed. We then continued eating in silence.

“So…” Woobin started talking.

 “What was the kiss like?” He asked me.

“Kiss?” I wasn’t sure what he was asking.

“Umm… Last night… I… kissed you..” He said awkwardly.

“Ahh~ yes.” I nodded awkwardly.

‘I shouldn’t be too weird about it.. Woobin was drunk so he didn’t mean it. Maybe a kiss is also just a friendly thing like hugging for humans. Humans seem to be a lot more friendly and closer to each other’ I said in my head.

 “Perhaps it was just a graze on the lips since I was drunk.” He said but that wasn’t right.

“No, you really kissed me.” I said trying to remain calm.

“…” Woobin just had his mouth hang open.

“Hahaha~ Like I was saying I was drunk so I wasn’t in my right mind to know who you were.” He laughed.

“No, you called out my name.” I said and he just froze again.

“I DID?!” He seemed shocked.

“Mmhm~” I nodded shyly.

‘Maybe I should have lied… Oh wait I can’t…’ I remembered.

“Well~ a kiss is just a friendly thing... You know like hug.” He said

“Really?” I was surprised.

 ‘So it is just a friendly thing. And I thought kissing was for someone you loved?’ I said in my head.

“Y-yeah, i-it’s just a friendly gesture.” Woobin explained.

‘Then I’m just over reacting. Maybe it’s just a merfolk thing to only kiss your loved ones.’ I said in my head and smiled.

“Oh, I understand.” I said to him smiling. We then continued eating happily but Woobin kept on staring at me whenever I’m not looking at me. I don’t know what he’s thinking about but I was really curious.

“What is it Woobin?” I asked him.

“Huh?! What?!” He seemed surprised.

“Uhh- Nothing. This is really good.” He said but it seemed weird.

‘I feel like he’s hiding something. Or is he lying? Why is it that I’m the one that can’t lie.’ I pouted.

“What the matter?” Woobin asked me.

“Nothing.” I pouted.

*hic * the hiccups arrived. I glanced at Woobin and saw him staring at me.

“Huhh~” I sighed.

*hic *

“I’m just…” I didn’t know what to say.

*hic *

“Is it because I was… acting a bit weird just now? I’m just curious as to if you were okay with me kissing you. I just didn’t want to ask you about it.” Woobin said making me surprised.

‘He actually confessed everything’ I said in my head.

“Y-yes… I was just wondering what you were thinking about…” I said shyly.

“Ummm I’m okay about the kiss.”

*hic * I got the hiccups again in which surprised me.

‘I’m not lying!’ I shouted in my head but the hiccups continued.

*hic *

“Why am I getting the hiccups?” I asked myself

“You don’t have to lie. I understand if you feel… gross and weird out by it. It’s even okay if you hate me.” Woobin said but that wasn’t what I thought about it.

“Noo~” I shook my head.

*hic *

“I… liked it… Not the smell. Alcohol smells weird so I don’t like the smell but… I like being with Woobin. I don’t mind doing anything with Woobin. I would never hate Woobin.” I said it all out  with my eyes squeezed shut. All I wanted was the hiccups to go away but I was embarrassed to look at Woobin. When I peeked opened I saw Woobin staring at me froze.

“I’m sorry.” I dropped my head.

“No… It’s okay… Thank you for being honest.” He said. I looked up and saw him smiling.

“It’s not like I have the choice.” I pouted. I just wanted to shrivel up since I was so embarrassed.

‘I practically just confessed to him all of my feelings’ I said in my head. My heart was beating so fast and I felt so nervous.

‘What is this feeling?’ I wondered. Just then Woobin got up and so I looked up to him curious as to what he’ll do.

“You’re so cute.” Woobin said and patted my head. I blinked whenever his hand touched my head. I slowly smiled. He then went over to the sink and set his bowl inside since he was done eating.

“I’m going to do some work in my office. Want to join me?” He asked me.

“Mhmm~” I smiled and nodded.

“Then hurry up and finish.” He said making me look at my bowl. There were a few spoonful left and so I quickly finished it.

“Don’t worry and take your time. I’m waiting for you.” Woobin said as he leaned against the counter.

“I’m all done.” I said and set the bowl in the sink. When I turned around Woobin had a napkin in his head. He reached over and wiped my mouth.

“Mhmm~” I winced when he wiped my mouth. It wasn’t because it hurt but because I was embarrassed and felt nervous again since Woobin was so close. When he was done I saw him staring at my lips. He then looked p to meet my eyes.

“You’re just like a child.”  He said and threw the napkin away in the trash can.

“Thank you Woobin.” I said smiling shyly.

“Mmhm~ Let’s go.” Woobin said and headed upstairs. I followed right behind him still feeling nervous.

‘This feeling… It’s like... because I like Woobin right?’ I wondered. When we went into his office he sat down on his chair at his desk and I sat across from him. He has his computer and books while I had my stack of manga.  He started working and I just sat there reading the manga. Once in awhile I look over to Woobin to see what he was doing. He would also look back to me to see if I was doing okay.

“Are you thirsty? Hungry? Should we go get some snacks?” Woobin asked.

“Mmhm~ I want some juice.” I said. We both got up and went downstairs for snacks and drinks. The rest of the day just went on like usual with him working all day and me watching him. I don’t know if it was because I was still feeling nervous but Woobin has been staring at me a lot. I think it was my mouth.

Is he still thinking about the kiss?’ I wondered. I didn’t let that bother me since Woobin seemed okay. He was smiling a lot so that made me really happy. We both then went to bed together again. The next morning I woke up and saw Woobin awake already. I saw him looking at me and so I gave him a smile.

“Good morning.” He said and turned away looking up to the ceiling.

“Good morning.” I said back.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked me.

“Mmhm~ What about Woobin?” I asked him.

“I slept well too. I have to go back to school again.” Woobin sighed.

“Mhmmh~ and Soonok Auntie is coming over today.” I said happily. After getting to know Soonok Auntie she is really nice and she knows a lot of things other than cooking and cleaning.

“Well Let’s go freshen up and eat breakfast.” Woobin said getting up.

“Mmhm~ Ah Woobin” I had something on my mind.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Can we eat ramen later?.”

“Sure, Are you craving it?” He smiled.

“Mmhm~ I dreamed that Woobin and I were eating ramen together.” I said shyly.

“Okay, we’ll eat ramen for breakfast then.” He said in which I was very happy. Woobin picked out clothes for himself and then for me as well.

“I should buy you some clothes.” Woobin said  before handing me the clothes.

“I’m okay with wearing Woobin’s clothes. They feel nice and I like the smell.” I said and sniffed the clothes.

‘The smell like Woobin.’ I smiled.

“W-why would you like my scent.” He said turning away.

‘Did I say something wrong again?’ I wondered.

“Go take a shower and brush your teeth.” He told me.

“Yes~ Woobin” I listened to him.

“And don’t be lazy about it. It’s important to stay clean.” He said to me.

“Yes~ Woobin.” I nodded. I went into the other bathroom and Woobin used the one in his bedroom. Since Woobin said to not be lazy I spent extra time scrubbing every spot of my body. When I was done Woobin was already downstairs cooking ramen.

“I want to help Woobin I said and rushed over beside him.

“I can do it. Ramen is one of the things that I can cook. Besides you did all the cooking yesterday.” He said and glanced over to me. He looked at me for a while making me curious.

“I didn’t really cook much though.” I pouted as I stared at him.

“Looks like I really have to get you some clothes.” He said and continued stirring the ramen.

“Clothes?” I wondered and looked at my clothes. Today’s clothes were a bit big but it’s because Woobin has a bigger chest than I do. He also has bigger arms and legs but we’re about the same height. Well that’s what I think.

“Just have a seat and I’ll bring it over.” Woobin said.

“Oh… I’ll get water for us.” I said and got us each a glass of water. When I was done I sat down and waited for him. When he was done he brought the pot over to the table smiling.

“All done.” He said happily and set it in the middle of the table.

“It looks delicious.” I smiled. Woobin sat down across from me and we started eating.

“Oh, can you use chopsticks?” Woobin asked me.

“Mhmm~ Soonok Auntie showed me how.” I said to him.

“Oh really? That’s good. Let’s eat then.” Woobin said. We then started enjoying the wonderful spicy breakfast.

“Mmhmm~ so good~” I was so happy. Towards the end I moved in closer to the pot to get the little bits. I wanted to eat every bit since it was so good. I smiled as I put the little pieces in my mouth with my chopstick. I then looked over and saw Woobin staring at me.

“Hmm?” I titled my head confused.

“Why are your lips so big.” Woobin said all of a sudden making me surprised.

“What?” I was confused.

“Uh- nothing… “ Woobin turned away. I just pouted and stared at him.

‘My lips are big?’ I thought about it and leaned back in my seat.

‘Did he just say my lips are too big?’ I thought about it.

“Ah I’m late…” Woobin got up and put the pot into the sink.

“I didn’t mean anything early so don’t worry about it. I’m going to go to class.” Woobin said looking at me.

“Oh… Have fun at school.” I said to him.

“Bye Woobin.”

“Bye.” He said and just left. I stood there all alone still holding my chopsticks. He left so suddenly that I was confused and lost for a bit.

“My lips a big?” I touched my lips I placed the chopstick into the sink and ran to the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and stared at my lips. They were a bit red from eating spicy ramen but they were that much bigger.

“It’s because the ramen was spicy.” I  said as I rinsed my mouth with cold water. It did help a bit but even at the normal size my lips did look a bit big.

“What do I do? Can I make them smaller?” I wondered as I played with my lips. After a while I just left the bathroom and just went downstairs.

“Woobin doesn’t like my lips.” I said sadly. Soon after Soonok Auntie came by  to clean up and cook for us.

“What’s the matter Jongsuk? You seem unhappy today.”

“Oh… It’s just.. I’m just thinking about something.” I said and sighed.

“I’m going to make cookies today. Do you want to help?” She asked me.

“Cookies? Is it that sweet flat circles?” I asked her.

“Yes, want to help?” She asked me.

“Mmhm~” I nodded and smiled. I went into the kitchen and helped her make cookies. I really liked cookie because it was so much fun and the foods are so good. It was really fun making the cooking but once they were in the oven I just thought about what happen this morning.

 “Soonok Auntie, is there a way to make lips smaller?” I asked her.

“Lips? These?” She pointed to her own lips.

“Mmmhm~” I nodded.

“Hmmm, well there’s probably a surgery that can make your lips thinner. Why?” She asked me.

“I’m just curious.” I said. Thankfully she didn’t ask anymore because I wouldn’t know how to explain it since I can’t lie.