He Gave In

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV

“He was right. I can get money from that paper.” Jongsuk said happily as he patted his backpack where he had put all of the money. He checked the time on his phone and saw that Woobin was coming out soon so he rushed to buy some sandwiches.

“Sandwichies~ Sandwichies~” He sang as he skipped down the street. He was so glad that the restaurant was nearby so he didn’t get lost on the way. He looked inside the store nervously before opening the door.

“Huhh~ What do I do?” Jongsuk asked himself as he inched inside.

“Welcome~” The lady at the counter greeted him.

“H-Hello~” Jongsuk gave a big bow flustered. He his lips and looked around. There were some people there sitting down and eating their sandwiches. He then looked over to the counter and saw signs on the wall.

‘So many words. I don’t think I can read all of it…’Jongsuk frowned.

“How may I help you?” The lady asked him suddenly.

“Eh?” Jongsuk jumped since he didn’t even realized that he was already standing at the counter.

“Ummm..…” I got all nervous and didn’t know what to say.

“I-I… want to buy some sandwiches…” He stuttered.

“What kind of sandwiches would you like?” She asked him with a smile.

‘She seems nice.’ Jongsuk said in his head and felt a bit relief.

“What kinds of sandwiches do you have?” She asked him

“We have the list up here as well as over here.” She pointed to the sign behind her and then to the paper on the counter. Jongsuk just look at it clueless.

“I am hungry~ what should I eat today~?” Joohyuk sang to himself as he walked into the same restaurant Jongsuk was at.

‘Oh isn’t that Jongsuk hyung?’ He smiled and was going to approach him.

“A-All of this… Are they all sandwiches?” Jongsuk asked the lady.

“Yes, These are the sandwiches with the meal and these are our other specials.” The explained but Jongsuk just had a confused look.

‘He seems troubled. Oh… Could it be that he really can’t read?’ Joohyuk just remembered about it. Something similar happened before and it seemed fishy to Joohyuk but he never thought much about it.

“Hey, Jongsuk hyung.” Joohyuk approached him.

“Oh? Oh, Hello Joohyuk.” Jongsuk smiled and greeted him.

“You’re here by yourself? Where’s Woobin hyung?” Joohyuk asked him since he always seen him with Woobin.

“Yes… Woobin is still in class... ” Jongsuk answered

“Are you buying a sandwich?” Joohyuk asked trying to see if he could help him.

“Yes, but I don’t know which one to buy.” Jongsuk pouted.

“The ‘Number 3 Special meal’ is pretty good. I always go for that one.” Joohyuk wanted to help him.

“Really? Then I’ll get the ‘Number 3 Special meal’ sandwich.” Jongsuk tried saying.

“That one is a meal. Would you like just the sandwich or the whole meal as well. We also a few different meals listed here.” The lady pointed to another area on the paper.

“Different meals?...” Jongsuk thought about what she could mean and just blankly look at the paper.

‘Ayy~ This restaurant has too many words..’Joohyuk said in his head. Just then he saw and a menu on the wall that had pictures of all the meals.

“It’s those pictures over there.” Joohyuk pointed for Jongsuk.

“Ahh~ Those are the meal.” Jongsuk smiled.

‘Look at how happy he is.’Joohyuk smiled just looking at Jongsuk all happy.

“I would like that one…” Jongsuk talked to the lady.

“Anything else?” She asked him

‘Should I get the same thing for me or a different one?’Jongsuk wondered

“Number 5 is really good too. It had shrimp in it” Joohyuk said to him.

“Okay the number 5 but which meal..?” Jongsuk mumbled.

“If you’re eating with someone then just get a different meal so you can share everything.” Joohyuk helped him again.

“That’s a good idea.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Anything else?” She asked him

“Ummm…” Jongsuk had no idea what to say.

“How about desserts? I’m planning on trying the new dessert menu as well.” Joohyuk was so friendly to Jongsuk. After helping Jongsuk out Joohyuk felt very satisfied.

‘What is called again? I just learned about it… Dyslexia! Maybe he is dyslexic… It seems like he has problem reading. ’Joohyuk said in his head. When Jongsuk was done ordering Joohyuk ordered his meal right after.

“Who are you eating with hyung?” Joohyuk asked him.

“It’s for me and Woobin.” Jongsuk smiled.

‘He seems so much happier now that he finished ordering. He so shy and timid as well.’ Joohyuk couldn’t help but think. He felt like Jongsuk could be his younger brother.

“Oh~ Are you two still living together?” Joohyuk asked him.

“Yeah… Are you eating with someone as well?”

“Yeah, I’m eating with Seunggi”

“Really? Should we eat together then?” Jongsuk offered.

“Oh, what to do. I don’t think we can. We’re going to eat real quick before our next class.” Joohyuk felt bad.

“It’s okay. Maybe next time we can all eat together. How about Saturday?” Jongsuk asked.

“Ahh… Saturday. I already planned a date with my girlfriend… If I cancel it she just might beat me up…” Joohyuk said nervously.

“Ohh.. You have a girlfriend?” Jongsuk was curious about his relationship since him and Woobin are dating now.

“Yeah, we just started dating a few weeks now.”

“Umm~ Joohyuk-ah. Are you… comfortable with your girlfriend?”

“I think so. What do you mean though?” Joohyuk wasn’t sure what Jongsuk was trying to ask him.

“Umm.. Like… how do you spent a comfortable time with your girlfriend?”

“Hmmm~ Are you asking how we can be relax and talk to each other when we’re alone?” Joohyuk tried to understand him.

“Mmhm~ yes! That’s what I mean!” Jongsuk nodded.

“There are a lot of things that we can do but if it’s to just talk and get to know about each other than I would say drinking. Drinking will open us up completely.” Joohyuk chuckled.

“Drinking? Ohh~” Jongsuk nodded.

“Why are you asking? Do you have a girlfriend hyung?” Joohyuk nudged Jongsuk

‘What should I say?’ Jongsuk panicked but then he realized that he didn’t have to lie.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Jongsuk answered cleverly.

“Is that so, then it’s just for reference then?” Joohyuk asked him.

“Mmhm” Jongsuk nodded.

“Anyways I’m free on Sunday so want to hang out then?”

“Ok, Sunday then.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Sure. Ah, I never got you number Jongsuk hyung.” Joohyuk said taking his phone out.

“I just got my phone.” Jongsuk said as he took his phone out as well. They exchanged numbers and saved it in their phone.

“Oh.. I haven’t done this yet…” Jongsuk said to himself as he figure out the typing.

“Here let me help you.” Joohyuk said taking his phone.

“’Joohyukkie~ <3’” Joohyuk typed in for his name.

“There. And I saved you ask ‘Jongsukkie hyung <3’” Joohyuk was being too much right now.

“Just text me whenever you’re free and want to chat.’ Joohyuk said testing Jongsuk.

“Text? You mean typing messages.” Jongsuk said with a worried look.

‘See I am right. If it has anything to do with writing or reading he looks worried.’Joohyuk was for sure he guessed it right.

“Or you can just give me a call, that's fine too.” Joohyuk didn’t want to stress Jongsuk out.

“Oh okay. I like calling better.” Jongsuk smiled again. Once their order was done they walked to the campus together before splitting up.

“Enjoy your meal Jongsuk hyung.” Joohyuk said to him.

“You too, Bye~” Jongsuk waved to him. He then made his way to where Woobin would be coming out.

Joohyuk on the other hand ran off to a different part of the campus.

“Food is here hyung!” Joohyuk shouted as he showed Seunggi the bags.

“You’re late! We only have 20 minutes now!”

“Hyung, guess who I met at the restaurant!” Joohyuk said out of breath.

“What? Let’s hurry up and eat.” Seunggi said opening the bags.

“I saw Jongsuk hyung there buying sandwiches as well.”

“Oh okay.” Seunggi said not caring as he ate a fry.

“Hyung, I really think Jongsuk hyung is dyslexic.” Joohyuk said making Seunggi choke.

“Yah, are you crazy? What do you mean you thin he’s dyslexic.” Seunggi yelled at him.

“I’m serious. He really looked like he was struggling to read the menu.” Joohyuk explained.

“Are you sure he was just thinking about what he should order?” Seunggi said back.

“No, he looked really~ confused. I even told him he could text me and he had a worried look until I said he could call me. I’m pretty sure he’s dyslexic.” Joohyuk was convinced.

“Well you know you can just ask him instead of coming up with such imagination.” Seunggi chuckled.

“How can I ask him hyung? He’s probably embarrassed about it.”

“And how do you know about that?”

“I can tell just by his personality. He’s so shy and timid. He rarely goes out and when he does he’s with Woobin. Today I was surprised to see him by himself. He looked like a lost puppy.” Joohyuk said enthusiastic.

“…. You’re so weird” Seunggi said shortly to him.

“What do you mean? I just told you a very important information about our friend.” Joohyuk complained.

“Well we don’t even know if it’s a fact or if it’s fiction. With this head of yours who knows what real and what’s just your imagination!” Seunggi poked Joohyuk’s head.

Back to Jongsuk~

Jongsuk took his phone out and called Woobin right when the time was exactly when Woobin was coming out.

‘I hope he’s still here.’ Jongsuk took a deep breath.

“Hey, Jongsuk. What is it?” Woobin answered.

“Hi Woobin-ah. Where are you? Are you coming out of class right now?” Jongsuk asked him

“Yeah, I’m packing my bag right now. Why are you asking?” Woobin asked back.

“Umm~ Just hurry up and come out.” Jongsuk said happily and hung up.

“Hehe~ Woobin is coming out.” Jongsuk sang to himself.

“Hah~ Is he here to pick me up today as well?” Woobin smiled excited. He quickly packed his bag and headed outside. There he saw Jongsuk standing there waiting for him again.

“You don’t have to do this Jongsuk-ah~ Did you wait long? What’s this?” Woobin noticed the bags in his hand.

“I got us sandwiches.” Jongsuk showed him the bag.

“Really? You got them all by yourself?” Woobin said surprised.

“Mmhm~ Oh but Joohyuk helped me. I met him at the restaurant.” He smiled. Woobin held the bags for Jongsuk since he had already got it for them.

“Really? Did you two talk then?”

“Mmhm~ We talked for a bit. I even got his phone number.” Jongsuk said taking his phone out. He tried to figure out where his number was and then showed it to Woobin when he found it.

“Here.” Jongsuk Showed Woobin.

“J-Joohyukkie?” Woobin read surprised.

“There’s even a heart next to his name?” Woobin said in disbelief.

“Mmhm~ a cute heart.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Did you type it or did he do it?” Woobin asked even though he already had a feeling it was Joohyuk.

“Joohyuk did it.” Jongsuk answered. Woobin then went ahead and changed the name.

‘That Idiot’ Woobin typed in but then he felt remorse not to Joohyuk but to Jongsuk.

“Huhh~ I’ll put it as Joohyuk.” Woobin said and typed it in. He then went to his name and changed his name as well.

“My Woobinnie~ <3” Woobin typed it in and saved it.

“There, much better.” Woobin gave the phone back to Jongsuk.

“Thank you.” Jongsuk smiled innocent about everything.

“I know a nice place where we can sit outside and enjoy our meal. Let’s go” Woobin said and led the way happily. He led them to some picnic tables on the lawn and they settled down.

“Which one do you want?” Jongsuk asked since he wanted Woobin to pick his first.

“It doesn’t matter. I guess this one is fine.” Woobin said just taking a bag randomly. They then started eating and enjoying the scenery around them.

“It’s a nice weather today. Soon it’ll be cold though.” Woobin said.

“Did you go anywhere else today?” Woobin asked him.

“Uhhh.. Well I was just around here…” Jongsuk answer vaguely. He hoped that Woobin wouldn’t ask any more though.

“That’s good, just don’t go too far and don’t go too often.” Woobin said worried. As they ate Jongsuk had something on his mind.

“Umm Woobin-ah, now that we’re dating.” Jongsuk made sure to keep his voice down.

“When are we going to do the stuff that I saw on the iPad?” Jongsuk asked since it was bothering me. Woobin on the other hand choked on his food.

“What do you mean?” Woobin’s eyes were nervously looking around.

“You know. Have -“

“Yah.” Woobin quickly covered Jongsuk’s mouth.

“Sorry.” He apologized since he slap his mouth on accident since he was flustered.

“W-we shouldn’t talking about that here!” Woobin whispered to him.

“Not here either? No one is around.” Jongsuk pouted.

“Still…” Woobin sighed.

“I’m… not ready yet. My heart isn’t ready for that yet.” Woobin tried answering sincerely.

“Your heart isn’t ready?” Jongsuk was confused.

“It’s just I don’t want us to go there yet. We can still do lots of other things other than… doing that. Once we’re ready then we can do it.” Woobin said awkwardly.

“Is Woobin uncomfortable being with me?” Jongsuk pouted.

“It’s not that I’m uncomfortable with you Jongsuk-ah. I just don’t want to jump ahead of myself and do something that I might regret. I want to cherish my time with you. We haven’t really talked much so I want to catch up with that.” Woobin said and Jongsuk stayed quiet.

“Should we have a drink together then?” Jongsuk asked him suddenly.

“… Where did you learn such a thing?!” Woobin said shocked.

“From Joohyuk. He said that whenever he wants to talk comfortably with his girlfriend they would drink.”

“Aish! That kid!” Woobin almost swore at him.

“Don’t listen to him! He doesn’t know anything!” Woobin said madly

‘Drinking would only make things worse… Who knows what I might do to you when I’m drunk.’Woobin said in his head.

“Woobin doesn’t like any of my ideas.” Jongsuk pouted. Looking at Jongsuk like that made him felt bad and frustrated.

“Okay! If that’s what you want then okay, we’ll do it!” Woobin gave in and said it out loud. He was flustered and glanced around just to make sure no one was around them.

“Really? Is Woobin mad?” Jongsuk asked worried.

“… No… Huhh~ I’m happy! If it’s with you anything would make me happy.” Woobin said to him.

“Really?” Jongsuk stared at him.

“Mmhm~ It’s not really a big deal actually..” Woobin smiled.

‘Why am I so nervous about it?’He asked himself