First Time Swimming Again

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV

Next morning~

The moment the Jongsuk got up he went over to pile of bags and started taking every single tag off of the new clothes. Once that was done he eagerly separated them so that he could wash them.

“I trust in you okay. Don’t make a mess or explode anything.” Woobin said

“Yes~ Auntie Soonok already showed me what to do” Jongsuk said happily.

‘You’re so smart’ Woobin was so proud of him. While Jongsuk was busy doing the laundry Woobin check on the pool house. He got Jongsuk’s swimming outfit and brought it into the pool house. It was all clean  and the water was filling up the pool.

“Perfect~” Woobin was satisfied. He set the clothes on the bench so that he could wear it later.

“Now all there is left is Jongsuk.” He smiled. He then went back out pretending that nothing was going on. Auntie Soonok arrived at that moment as well. She went into the kitchen and started making breakfast for them since they haven’t ate yet. He went to get the first aid kit and then went to the living room.

“Jongsuk-ah, let me see your knee.” Woobin called out to him. Even though his wounds heal up quick but still wanted to check on it.

“Yes~ Woobin-ah~!” He rushed over to Woobin.

“Tsk~ he’s too cute.” Woobin smiled.

“Another injury?” Auntie Soonok said.

“What do you mean Auntie Soonok.”  He asked her.

“He falls every now and then whenever he runs. I think it’s because he’s weak plus he’s clumsy. His injuries surprisingly heals very quick.” She said.

“Ohh…” Woobin was surprised and didn’t know what else to say.

‘What? He’s not use to running?’ Woobin was quite surprise.

Now that I think about in his steps are quite short and slow.’ He said in his head.

‘And she knows that he heals quick… I don’t know when I can hide Jongsuk’s secret from her.’ Woobin sighed.

“Jongsuk-ah, do you happen to fall a lot?” Woobin asked him.

“Ummm~ Mmhm~” He nodded. Woobin decided to test something out and so he went outside with Jongsuk. They slipped into their shoes and went out on the yard.

“Jongsuk-ah, run.” He told him.

“Huh?” Jongsuk was confuse

“Run from here to over there as fast as you can.” Woobin said.

“Fast?” He asked him.

“Mmhm~” Woobin nodded.

“Go!” He said and Jongsuk started running. He looked off right from the start. He wasn’t fast at all and he looked awkward.

“Now run back faster.” Woobin said to him.

“Oh!” He smiled and ran towards him faster. When he was almost there he tripped over his own foot and fell forward.

“Oh, yah!” Woobin rushed over to him.

“You don’t know how to run?” Woobin asked him as he checked his limbs.

“I’m getting better.” Jongsuk giggled innocently.

“Huhhh~” Woobin sighed.

‘First I didn’t know that he can’t eat meat and now I found out that he can’t run.’ Woobin felt bad.

“Then don’t run. Just walk and be more careful. Auntie Soonok said that you bruise your legs a lot. Walk slowly and you’ll get use to it.” Woobin said as he helped him up.

“I’m already use to legs.” Jongsuk said.

“But not enough cause you’re tripping here and there.” Woobin said back.

“Come on, let’s go eat breakfast so you can get more energy and muscles.” Woobin said to him.

“Yay! Food!” Jongsuk cheered happily. They went inside and ate a delicious breakfast. When they were done eating they just sat around and watched TV. Woobin wanted to show him the pool right away but he wanted to wait since they just ate. After around 30 minutes they were finally able to swim so Woobin got up excited.

“Jongsuk-ah let’s go!” Woobin said loudly.

“Oh? Where?” He asked confused.

“Ummm~ somewhere fun. Don’t you want to go?” Woobin asked him.

“Yes! I want to go!” He turned off his iPad and got up beside Woobin excited even though he didn’t know where they were going.

“Let’s go!”

“Auntie! I’m going to go surprise him.” Woobin said to Auntie Soonok.

“Ohh~ Be careful.” She said back.

“Where are gonna go that we need to be careful? What are we going to do?” Jongsuk kept asking.

“You’ll see.” Woobin said and just led the way down the hallway.

“Oh? This way?” Jongsuk was surprised.

“Do you have any idea where we’re going now?” Woobin asked him.

“Are we going to the pool house?” He asked.

“Bingo!”

“B… Bingo… what does that mean?” He asked.

“Ahh~ hah~ it mean yes.” Woobin laughed.

“You said it needs to be fix.” Jongsuk asked anxiously.

“It’s already fixed.” Woobin said as he opened the door. Jongsuk went flying in like an arrow.

“Woah~! There’s water now!” He rushed over to the pool and stared at the glistening water.

“So much water!!!” He had a huge smile and his eyes were widen open in excitement. He reached down the touched the water. Woobin just smiled widely just watching his reaction.

“Woah~ it feels so nice.” Jongsuk splashed the water that had his reflection.

“Soo~ do you like it?” Woobin asked as he crouched down beside him.

“Mmmhm~!” Jongsuk nodded vigorously.

“This is so fun.” He giggled.

“Well don’t you think it’s more fun swimming in there?” Woobin asked him.

“I can swim in it?” He asked excited.

“Of course. Why else would I have the pool filled?” Woobin grinned.

“Woah~ I finally get to swim again! Oh but… I’m not sure if I can swim with these.” He looked down to his legs and wiggled his toes.

“I’ll teach you how to swim then.” Woobin said willing to help him.

“Really? Woobin is a really good swimmer. I saw you swimming in the sea with your friends.” Jongsuk said softly.

“Yeah I am a good swimmer. Be glad that I’m the one teaching you for free.” Woobin said. They both giggled and enjoyed the scene. The water was so clear and the windows all around, even the ceiling, was open so the entire place was lit up by the sunlight.

“Let go in the water!” Jongsuk said about to jump in.

“Ah~ wait!” Woobin pulled on his arm to stop him.

“Why?” Jongsuk stared at Woobin innocently.

“Your clothes.” Woobin smiled.

“Ahh~” Jongsuk nodded. He then took his shirt off. Woobin went over to the chair where he had set their swimming clothes earlier. When Woobin turned around he saw Jongsuk stripping.

“W-what are you doing?!” Woobin shouted.

“Didn’t you mean to take my clothes off before going in?” He titled his head in confusion.

“Well... You’re not suppose to be in there.” Woobin laugh.

“Here wear these. I’m going to go change too but in there. Not boldly out here.” He laughed.

“Ah… I’ll go with you.” Jongsuk gathered his clothes ad followed Woobin into the shower room in his underwear.

“Huhh~” Woobin just sighed with a hopeless chuckle.

‘He looks as if he’s a ert but then he so innocent.’ Woobin was laughing in frustration. They both then changed in their own area and once they were down he helped Jongsuk finish up.

“Woobin doesn’t have a shirt?” Jongsuk asked him.

“No, I’m fine like this.” Woobin said.

“Why do I have a shirt then?” Jongsuk questioned him.

Because I can’t look at you when you’re topless.’ Woobin said in his head.

“Just because. Wear it for now. If it get’s uncomfortable then… you can take it off.” Woobin said.

“They then headed out to the pool excited.

“Ready to swim?” Woobin asked him as he stretched.

“Mmhm!” He nodded and copied Woobin’s stretches.

“Don’t jump in. Go in slowly.” Woobin told him. He walked over to the stairs and let Jongsuk follow him. Right when his foot touched the water his face lit up.

‘He’s so happy.’ Woobin smiled.

“Is the water okay for you?” Woobin asked him since he didn’t say anything.

“Yes~ it’s so warm though.” He said looking a bit uncomfortable.

“What’s the matter? Is it too warm?” Woobin asked him.

“No! It’s just… I’m used to cold water.” He said to Woobin.

“Ahh~ Now that you mentioned it your body temperature is quite low.” Woobin said since Jongsuk usually felt a bit colder whenever they hugged.

“Is it okay though? Should I make the water colder?” He said since he wanted Jongsuk to enjoy it.

“It’s okay. This water feels really nice.” He giggled. Once Woobin was all the way down the turned around and reached out for Jongsuk.

“Hold onto me.” Woobin said. He held onto his hands too took small steps with the water past his stomach. Jongsuk just smiled brightly and giggled.

“It’s not really that deep.” Jongsuk pouted.

“It’s deep over on that side.” Woobin said in which he smiled again.

“Oh” He giggled. Woobin pulled on Jongsuk making him glide through the water.

“Ahh~ Woobin~” He chuckled.

“Should we go under?” Woobin asked. Jongsuk didn’t give him an answer and just plunged his head under the water.

“Yah! I wasn’t done talking.” Woobin laughed. Jongsuk didn’t come back up so he must be playing underwater. Woobin took a deep breath diving under after him. Woobin opened his eyes to look at Jongsuk. Jongsuk also had his eyes open and was just looking around. When their eyes met they both smiled and lifted their heads out of the water.

“Huhh~ How is it?” Woobin asked him.

“It feels great! Oh but the water taste weird.” He said.

“Don’t drink it!” Woobin said surprised.

“The water here had chlorine which keeps the water clean.”

“So it’s different then sea water.” Jongsuk pouted.

“Yeah, it’s like the water to shower with but with chlorine. Just think that this is a giant bathtub.” Woobin explained.

“Does your eyes sting when you go underwater?” Woobin asked him since he was curious.

“No, does your eyes hurt?” Jongsuk asked back

“A bit but it’s okay. Either way I can’t stay under water for a long time.” Woobin said. Jongsuk then tried to swim but he wasn’t sure how he would swim with legs. He could just swim using his legs as a tail but he wanted to learn how humans swim.

“Woobin, can you swim so that I can see?” Jongsuk asked him.

“Sure” Woobin was happy to show him. He dived forward and started swimming to the deep end. After a bit Jongsuk tried swimming the same way. Woobin was a bit worried so he swam over to Jongsuk to pull him up if he’s struggling. He seems to be struggling a bit but it seemed cute to him so Woobin just smiled.

“Just kick your legs a bit and scoop your arms pulling your through.” Woobin said. After struggling for a bit Jongsuk gave up and started swimming underwater.

“Tsk~ Just look at him.” Woobin smiled widely as he saw him swimming comfortably under the water.

‘I haven’t actually seen him with his tail up close. If he has his tail he would look beautiful swimming this.’ Woobin said in his head. Jongsuk was just zipping back and forth underwater for quiet a while. Woobin decided to in and so he swan over and grasped onto him. They could talk underwater so they just held onto each other until they surfaced.

“You’re amazing.” Woobin said after wiping his face.

“Really?” Jongsuk was embarrassed.

“You can swim just like that, why do you want to learn the other way?” Woobin asked him.

“I have legs so.. I want to use it properly.” He pouted.

“There isn’t a proper way in using them silly.” Woobin ruffled his soaked hair.

“Just do what ever you want. I’m envious of you for being able to swim so quick and hold your breath for so long.” Woobin said cheering him up.

“Well~ I’m use to it.” Jongsuk giggled.

They played around a bit but then Jongsuk really wanted to learn how to swim using his feet so Woobin went back into helping him. He stood in front of Jongsuk and held onto his hands pulling him as he explained Jongsuk how to paddle his feet.

“Do small kicks alternating your feet.” Woobin said pulling Jongsuk towards him as he stepped backwards.

“Like this?” Jongsuk groaned as he tried his best.

“Oh! Just like that. Try swimming towards me now.” Woobin said letting him go so that he could swim on his own.

“Come here.” Woobin said with open arms. Jongsuk smiled and he leaned forward and stretched his body horizontally. He then started kicking as he pulled himself forward.

‘He’s doing a doggie paddle.’ Woobin smiled as he waited. Jongsuk concentrated on moving all of his limbs correct and he moved towards Woobin.

“Oh! I’m doing it!” Jongsuk said as his head stayed out of the water.

“Good job Jongsuk-ah.” Woobin grinned. Once Jongsuk arrived within his arm span Woobin pulled him in for a hug and gave him a kiss just because he wanted to. Woobin did it so casually that Jongsuk was surprised by it. When Woobin pulled away Jongsuk just stared at him and froze.

“Oh!” He quickly started moving since he was sinking.

“Why are you surprised?” Woobin asked him since it made him feel awkward.

“Nothing really. I was just surprise!” Jongsuk said forgetting that he should lie.

“Oh, sorry.” Woobin said before swimming away. Jongsuk followed him as he swam to the other side.

Is he mad?’ Jongsuk wondered. He then quickly swam underwater to meet up with him. He caught up and Woobin was swimming right on top of him as he stared at Woobin’s face. He couldn’t really tell since Woobin wasn’t looking down. Once Woobin noticed him underneath him he slowed down and back down at him.

What is he doing down there?’ he wondered. Jongsuk then swam up closer to Woobin. Woobin just held his breath curious as to what he was going to do. Woobin then dive down deeper so that he could get closer to Jongsuk. Just then Jongsuk held onto him and gave him a kiss. This surprised him and so he struggled his way up for oxygen.

“What are you doing?!” Woobin shouted. He wasn’t mad about it but that caught him off guard. He wiped his face vigorously feeling flustered.

“An apology.” Jongsuk said softly.

“What? Why?” Woobin asked confused.

“Weren’t you mad?” He pouted

“No… Why would I be mad?” Woobin asked him.

“Oh…” Jongsuk was embarrassed now.

“Nevermind…” Jongsuk swam away.

“Wait a second.” Woobin swam after him. He was just way to adorable and so Woobin wanted to .

“Where did you learned that a kiss would make me not mad anymore?” Woobin asked him.

“… You just seem a lot happier after a kiss.” Jongsuk pouted. Woobin held onto him and pulled him in for a hug.

“Woobin~” He pouted trying slip away from him.

“Why are you so cute?” Woobin refused to let go.

“What do you mean?” Jongsuk felt shy getting close to him.

“Lunch time!” Auntie Soonok shouted making Woobin let go of Jongsuk.

“O-oh!” Woobin turned around to see her.

“Let’s go eat.” Woobin said looking at Jongsuk. Jongsuk was just staring at him.

‘Ah… He doesn’t want us hugging when Auntie Soonok is around.’ Jongsuk realized.

‘Oh but why?’ Jongsuk wondered.

“Let’s go.” Woobin said as he walked over to the ledge. He climbed up and then offered a hand to Jongsuk.

“Be careful” Woobin said to him. He listened to him and climbed up carefully.

“I-I was just helping him swim.” Woobin said to Auntie Soonok.

“He doesn’t know how to swim?” She asked.

“He did but he just needs a bit of help.”

“Well here you go, dry off and go change” She said handing them towels.

“Why?!” Jongsuk looked so shocked.

“What do you mean why?” She asked him confused.

“Why go change? I still want to swim.” He cried. Both Woobin and Auntie Soonok were lost for words.

“Haha~ do you like swimming that much?” Woobin laughed.

“Well you can just swim again later.” She said to Jongsuk.

“We can?”

“Why can’t we? The pool is right here silly.”

“Oh, okay.” He smiled.

“It’s not even cold so we don’t have to change.” Woobin said since he knew Jongsuk was probably hungry.

“Well eat up you two. Remember to wait 30 minutes after eating before going back in.” She told them.

“Yes~” They both answered.

“And don’t swim for too long” She said before leaving the pool house to go clean the rest of the house.

 “Yes~” they both answered.

“Why do we have to wait 30 minutes after eating to swim?” Jongsuk asked him.

“Well if you get in the water when you’re full then you’ll feel sick.” Woobin explained.

“Really?” Jongsuk didn’t know that.

“That never happened to you?”

“Not really… But I never was really full when I swam… Maybe that’s why we were never allowed to eat a lot.” He giggled.

“Ahh… Then why is your appetite so big now?” Woobin said to himself.

“Because the food is good.” Jongsuk giggled.

“Ah! And why can’t we swim long?” Jongsuk asked.

“Well if we swim for too long we might get sick… Oh! And our finger and toes get wrinkly.” Woobin said.

“They do?” Jongsuk never knew of that either.

“Yeah, look.” Woobin showed him his hands and they were all wrinkly.

“Oohh~ I don’t.” Jongsuk said touching them and then looked at his own.

“You’re right… Even though you’re a human you’re still not like a normal human being.” Woobin said. Hearing that Jongsuk felt a bit sad. Woobin noticed and regretted saying it.

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way. I mean it’s cool! You have great hear! You can swim in the water for a long time. That’s nothing bad!” Woobin tried cheering him up.

“It’s… okay?” Jongsuk asked him.

“Of course. Now let’s eat. Aren’t you hungry?” Woobin asked him with a smile.

“Mmhm~ I’m hungry.” Jongsuk giggled. Woobin pulled him over to wash their hands off at the faucet. Woobin then pulled him over to the lounge chairs where the sandwiches were.

“Sit down.” Woobin sat him down as he draped towels around him and on his drench head.

“Thank you.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Oh.” Woobin smiled. He was happy doing this for him.

“These must be yours since there’s no meat.” Woobin said handing him a piece of the cut up sandwiches. Auntie Soonok actually made a lot for just the two of them but they could probably finish it all.

“And then the juice. One glass for you and one for me.” Woobin said taking care of everything. They both started eating but Woobin noticed him staring at his sandwich.

“What the matter?” He asked him. Jongsuk just glanced at him quietly with a pout.

“What to try mines?” Woobin guessed.

“Mmhmm~” He nodded.

“It has meat though.” Woobin was worried.

“I can eat a little bit!” He pouted. Woobin just chuckled at his reaction.

‘Maybe I’ve been overly protective. Maybe he can eat a little and will be fine.’ Woobin said in his head.

“Here you can have half of this one.” Woobin set one of his half sandwiches over to Jongsuk’s plate.

“And Woobin can have one of mines to make it even.” Jongsuk said cutely as he set the other half of his sandwich over to Woobin’s plate.

“Thank you.” Woobin said making Jongsuk really happy. They continued munching on their sandwich but Jongsuk go impatient and tasted the sandwich Woobin traded with him before finishing the one he was eating.

“Mmhmm~ it’s good.” Jongsuk said happily.

“If you want something then just tell me. I won’t know if you don’t.” Woobin said just wanting Jongsuk to feel happy and comfortable.

“Yes~ Woobin.” He said back. They just talked as they ate lunch together. Jongsuk asked Woobin questions about the things he has been confused about and Woobin taught him patiently.