That wasn't a Kiss!

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV

*knock knock *

“Time for dinner.” Woobin said going in.  Jongsuk immediately went back into hiding under the blanket.

“You two eat okay. I’m going to go home.” Auntie Soonok said as she set the tray on the bed.

“Oh, okay Auntie.” Woobin nodded.

“Bye, good night you two.” She said to them.

“Bye. Good night.”

“G-good night Auntie Soonok!” Jongsuk said peeking out from one side.

“Hurry up and come out of there to eat.” She chuckled and left.

“No need to walk me out.  Just eat.” She said to them. Woobin set Jongsuk’s tray down and stood there awkwardly.

“Ummm~ I’ll be back.” Woobin said and left the room. Jongsuk peeked out to see what was happening. After a couple of seconds Woobin brought in a table from the other room making Jongsuk surprised. He set the table at the foot of the bed so that they could side on edge and eat on the table.

“Huhh~ there, let’s eat.” Woobin l glanced over to Jongsuk who immediately covered himself.

“Jongsuk-ah. That’s enough. I’m not mad if you’re wondering. If you feel embarrassed then eat first and then go back to hiding.” Woobin said feeling a bit frustrated. Jongsuk peeked out and finally met eyes with Woobin. He just sat down and waited for him. Jongsuk crawled under the blanket to the other end and sat up.

“Eat so that you can get your energy back.” Woobin patted his head over the blanket.

“O-oh...” He nodded timidly.

‘I’m just too embarrass to look at him.’ Jongsuk said in his head as he fixed the blanket around him. Woobin had a lot to ask him but wasn’t sure if he should ask him now. In the ended he just waited and let them eat first. They started eating without a word.

“How is it?” Woobin asked him.

*cough cough * Jongsuk choked when Woobin suddenly spoken up.

“Are you okay?” Woobin grabbed a napkin and handed to him.

*cough *

“Mhmm~” Jongsuk nodded and grasped the napkin carefully. Woobin then handed him his glass of water.

“Why are you making me taking care of you constantly?” Woobin said as he pushed the blanket off of Jongsuk so that he wouldn’t be so confined.

“I-I’m sorry.” Jongsuk dropped his head and apologized.

“No, it’s okay. I didn’t mean it that way…” Woobin felt bad.

“I’m not mad or blaming you.” Woobin smiled. Jongsuk met eyes with him and smiled shyly.

“Still, I keep on making you worry about me. Ummm~ Thank you Woobin.” Jongsuk took a deep breath and said.

“Well I enjoy being with you so I’m fine with doing anything.” Woobin said. They both continued eating but were more comfortable with each other.

“Ayy~! I seriously want to wait a bit longer but I’m just too curious as to what happened last night.” Woobin ended up asking him.

Every full moon for an entire year you will lose your energy and will suffer to the point you wish you were dead. From the strands of your hair to the tip of your toenail, every part of you will be in pain. Talking, walking, even breathing will be hard for you.’ Jongsuk recalled what the sea witch said.

“It’s probably that, right?” Jongsuk was talking to himself

“What? Did you think of something?” Woobin asked him curious.

“W-Was last night a full moon?” He asked Woobin as he glanced over shyly.

“I’m not sure. Why?” He asked.

“Is there a way you can check?” Jongsuk just wanted to be sure of it.

“I can check online.” Woobin said taking his phone out. Woobin was a bit confused but he did it anyways.

“2015…. September… the night of the 28th… Yes, it was a full moon.” Woobin said making Jongsuk nod.

‘Of course it was the curse… What else could it have been…’ He just completely forgot about the curse and now that it has happened… He was a bit worried and scared.

“Why? Was it because of the full moon that you were in pain?” Woobin asked since it was weird of him to ask if it was a full moon.

“Mmhm~” Jongsuk nodded in which he still had the blanket over his head.

‘I have to go through this again and again for a year?’ Jongsuk thought about it.

“How many full moon are in a year?” Jongsuk asked. Woobin was just frozen after hearing something so absurd.

“Uhh… I think it’s once every month. So… around 12 times a year” Woobin gave an estimate despite being out of it.

“12? 11 more time then…” Jongsuk said to him self. Just then Woobin pulled the blanket off of Jongsuk making him surprised.

“W-wait… Are you serious? Why…? H-how?” Woobin was just so confused.

“Uh…” Jongsuk wasn’t sure how he should tell him. He was also too embarrassed to face Woobin right now so he just wanted to hide.

“It’s… part of the curse…” Jongsuk glanced at Woobin but then got all shy because he remembered what he did this morning.

‘Why did I have to kiss him?’ He regretted it.

“Curse?” Woobin repeated in confusion.

‘The curse. So for the legs he ended up getting a curse that inflicts pain on him for every full moon for a year?’ Woobin pieced all of the information he knew together.

“Mmhm~ In return for my legs. I… lose my energy every full moon for a year.” He explained softly in which was what Woobin came up with as well.

“How could you make such a deal?!” Woobin was mad.

“You were suffering so much last night. All that just for legs…” Woobin felt so bad for Jongsuk but mad for making such a deal. Was legs really that important for him?

“I… really wanted to be a human.” Jongsuk said with his head down.

“You have to go through all that pain again for what?... 11 more times!” Woobin said concerned.

“Well~ it can’t be helped.” Jongsuk pouted since there was nothing that he could do.

“How can you be so calm about it?” Woobin asked him. Woobin then leaned over and pulled Jongsuk so that he was facing him.

“Don’t avoid looking at me.” Woobin said. Jongsuk only got even more flustered when they faced each other. His ears were turning bright red in which Woobin thought was so cute.

“Another thing! Are you still embarrassed about kissing me?” Woobin asked him directly.

“S-sorry. I wasn’t sure what I was doing…” Jongsuk was flustered.

“It’s okay. If it helps you then I don’t mind you kissing me.” Woobin said hoping that would help him relax.

‘We have more important things to worry about’ Woobin said in his head. Jongsuk just stared at him and then looked elsewhere trying to find words to say.

“Ummm. So Woobin is okay with it?” Jongsuk asked him.

“Mhm, I mean it’s nothing bad. I’ve kissed other peoples before. My umma and noona when I was little. My girlfriends.” Woobin ended up saying since he was flustered.

“Woobin had girlfriends?” Jongsuk asked surprised.

“Of course! Why are you so surprised about it?” Woobin asked him.

“Well I haven’t” Jongsuk shook his head with a shy smile.

“You’ve never had a girlfriend before?” Woobin asked surprised.

“Noo… I’m still too young and no one liked me.” Jongsuk said all flustered.

‘He’s just too innocent… I just feel like I’m going to wreck him up without even knowing.’ Woobin said in his head.

“Lets continue to eat!” Woobin said since it got awkward. As they were continuing to eat Woobin couldn’t help but to wonder about Jongsuk.

“So… Have you kissed anyone else?” Woobin asked him.

“Uh.. no… A kiss is something special so…”

“Then I’m special?!” Woobin said immediately making Jongsuk blush.

“Uhh…y-yes..” Jongsuk just had to admit it since he couldn’t lie.

“I-It’s because Woobin is so nice to me and I was so scared so I just wanted to be close to Woobin. Woobin is special to me so I just gave you a kiss… Doesn’t everyone kiss things they like?! Things like seashells and unique treasures?!” Jongsuk tried saying it so that Woobin could understand him.

‘Did he just compared me to a seashell?...’ Woobin said in his head.

“Ohh… I understand you...” Woobin smiled.

‘Wait… Did he just confessed to me? He said people kiss things they like… Does that me he likes me.’ Woobin sneered.

“Ahh…” Woobin looked over to Jongsuk who was eating.

‘I want to so bad but that’s not going to go well.’ Woobin knew that Jongsuk would easily get embarrassed again so he held it in. After a bit Woobin took his phone out since he was wondering when there will be a full moon again.

“I’m going to set an alarm whenever there’s a full moon.” Woobin said as he looked up all the full moon dates for a year.

“Why?” Jongsuk asked him.

“So that I’ll know when you’ll be in pain and so that I can prepare myself.”

“Oh…” Jongsuk nodded. 

“My notebook…” Woobin was going to get up to get his notebook when Jongsuk stopped him.

“E-eat first, Woobin.” He said to him.

“Oh okay.” Woobin smiled. He sat back down and continued eating.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you couldn’t eat meat?” Woobin asked him.

“Huhh?” Jongsuk was surprised.

“H-how did you know?” He asked back.

“Auntie Soonok told me.” Woobin said back madly.

“It’s not that I can’t eat. I can only eat a little bit…” Jongsuk corrected him.

“Still you should have told me. What if you get really sick?” Woobin said worried.

“Then Woobin would have to take care of me.” Jongsuk giggled.

“Tsk~ Of course. Who else would? Well Auntie Soonok too but I would be the main person taking care of you.” Woobin said back. When they were done eating Woobin went back to worrying about the curse. Woobin went over to his night table and got his little notebook out so that he could write the dates down first. Jongsuk just sat there and watched Woobin timidly.

“The next one would be October 27…” Woobin said as he wrote it down.

‘October 27? When will that come?’ Jongsuk wondered.

“November… December…” Woobin wrote down all the dates. The more he jotted down the more worried he gotten.

“And then September 17. That would be a full year.” Woobin said to himself and glanced over to Jongsuk.

“There are 12 full moons in a year since you’ve changed into a human.” Woobin explained to Jongsuk.

“O-oh..” Jongsuk didn’t know what else to say.

“Don’t worry. It wasn’t that bad. I’m all better now. At least we know when it’ll happen.” Jongsuk said trying to cheer Woobin up.

“Tsk~ Is there anything you want to do or eat?” Woobin asked him.

‘The food I got last night it went bad since I left it out… I’ll buy him food again tomorrow. Unless he wants food now.’ Woobin said in his head.

“I just want to lie down and watch TV… with Woobin.” Jongsuk said shyly.

“Okay, let’s do that then.” Woobin brought the dishes and tray downstairs and then went back to the bedroom. They both sat up in bed and watched TV. Jongsuk was still quite embarrassed about kissing Woobin but Woobin said it was okay so it must be something normal for humans. It was impossible to get rid of this feeling completely though. After a few minutes into a show Woobin reached over and pulled Jongsuk close to him.

“What are you doing?” Jongsuk was surprised.

“I just thought you would get cold. Don’t you like hugging me?” Woobin said to him.

‘Well… I do like hugging Woobin.’ Jongsuk admitted in his head. He just smiled and hugged Woobin.

‘There’s no point in being embarrassed. It just feels so nice being close to Woobin.’ Jongsuk said in his head. As they were watching TV Woobin occasionally asked him how he felt last night since he wanted to be prepared next time. Jongsuk just told him everything he could remember except for his tail. Woobin also didn’t ask about the scale so that entire moment was buried away.

“Huhh~” Jongsuk yawned after the show ended. Woobin then gave him a kiss on his head. Jongsuk looked up at him confused.

“What? Didn’t like it?” Woobin asked him

‘It’s not that I don’t like it…’ Jongsuk panicked

“M-mhm.” He shook his head and kept it down.

‘It’s making me nervous…’ He said in his head. He then looked up and saw Woobin staring at him.

“Don’t look at me.” Jongsuk was so embarrassed and so he covered Woobin’s eyes.

“What are you doing~?!” Woobin chuckled and grasped his wrists. Jongsuk tried pulling away but Woobin was too strong.

“Why are you so cute?” Woobin pulled Jongsuk close and hugged him. They exchanged stares as Woobin pulled him even closer. When their nose was about to touch Jongsuk shut his eyes tightly.

‘Cute..’ Woobin smirked. He then pulled back and examined Jongsuk soured face.

“Snap out!” Woobin poked Jongsuk’s forehead making him opened his eyes surprised.

“I’m going to go brush my teeth.” Woobin got up smiling. He went to get his pajamas.

“You should go brush your teeth too.” Woobin said before going into the bathroom. He brushed is teeth and changed into his pajamas but he didn’t leave the bathroom yet. There was one thing that was still bothering him.

‘This looks like a scale. But why? Did his tail come back?’ Woobin wondered.

‘He would have told me if it happened but he didn’t. Does he not want me to know?’ Woobin was confused.

‘I guess I can ask him sometime later. He still must be in shock since this was the first time the curse happened.’ Woobin said worried. When Woobin was contemplating in the bathroom Jongsuk brushed his teeth quickly and ran into his own room.

“I have to sleep here sooner or later. Why not start now?!” He said to himself and crawled under the blankets.

‘Woobin keeps on teasing me and it makes my heart beat so fast.’ Jongsuk pouted.

Woobin’s POV

When I walked out of the bathroom I saw the bed was empty. Empty as in Jongsuk wasn’t there.

“Is he not done brushing his teeth?” I wondered since it was a long time already. I walk to the bathroom and it was empty. His toothbrush was there so he probably brushed his teeth already.

“Where could he be?” I wondered as I went around searching for him. I was going to check downstairs but I stop by his room just to make sure if he was there. I was surprised to see a big lump underneath the blankets. I turned the lights on and approached the bed.

“Jongsuk…” I called out and the lump started moving.

“Good night” He said to me casually.

“Huhh~ What are you doing here?” I placed my hands on my hip speechless.

“I-it’s my room…” He said softly.

“Do you plan on sleeping here?” I asked him confused.

“Mmhm~ because the other room is Woobin’s” He said in which I didn’t understand.

“We’ve been sleeping together all this time and now you want to sleep here?!” I didn’t get what he was trying to do.

‘He said he liked sleeping with me so why all of a sudden does he want to sleep separately?’ I said in my head madly.

“Come on, let’s go back.” I pulled on the blanket but he was holding it down.

“No~”

“Huhh~ Did you brush your teeth?” I asked so that he could get out of the blankets.

“I already did.” He answered and didn’t budge.

“Huhh~ I’m too tired to be bargaining with you.” I sighed. I then reached over and grabbed the blanket along with him underneath.

“Oh! What you doing?!” He squirmed.

“Stay still otherwise I’ll drop you.” I said pulling him up and carried him out. I brought him over to my room and tossed him onto the bed. I went back to turn the lights off and then returned to see him pouting unhappily.

“What? Mad?” I asked him.

“What are you doing?! That was my room so I have to sleep in there.” He looked so cute when he was mad.

“It was your room but not anymore.” I said hoping that he’ll let that thought out of his head.

“My clothes are in there! Plus Woobin said it was room when I came here!”

“I did but it’s not anymore. We can move your clothes into this room.” I said to him.

“This room will be mine and yours!” I said madly.

“So… Don’t leave whenever you feel like it.” I said getting a bit embarrassed.

“Woobin…” He pouted.

“I don’t know why you would want to sleep in the room but I know you like sleeping with me so why bother. Besides… I like sleeping with you too.” I said hoping that he would just give in.

“Woobin likes sleeping with me?” He asked me.

“Yeah, so… Just stay there! That’s your spot on the bed. Well if you want to scoot over to my side then it’s fine.” I said awkward since I was embarrassed. I turned the lights off and went over to my side of the bed.

“Okay… Woobin…” He said softly. I pulled myself onto the bed but my heart was thumping like crazy.

‘I can’t believe I actually said those words… Good thing Jongsuk is innocent and is clueless.’ I said in my head.

“Sorry Woobin, for making you mad.” Jongsuk said as I felt his fingers on my arm.

“It’s okay. I’m not exactly mad. I’m just… Upset.” I said teasing him.

“I’ll sleep here forever then…” He said making me smile.

“Mhmm~ Your spot is forever beside me.” I said grinning.

‘Just what am I saying.. It’s not like we’re dating or anything…’ I said slapping myself mentally.

‘Well why not though? I mean he is a guy but… he’s pretty cute and I get along well with him.’ I thought about it. I was too tired to think so I just set that aside for now.

“Good night Woobin.” He said to me.

“Good night Jongsuk.” I said back.

‘I should give him a kiss.’ I smirked at my naughty idea. I then pulled myself up and leaned over towards him. I pressed my lips against his making his flinch.

“Mhmm~!” He turned towards me.

“W-what are you doing Woobin?!” He complained

“I just wanted to check if you really did brush your teeth.” I made up an idiotic excuse.

“I already told you I did… It’s not like I can lie…” He pouted.

‘He actually fell for it…’ I wanted to laugh.

“Okay, no need to get all fired up. Did you not like it?” I asked him.

“It’s because… A kiss is s-spe…” He was having a hard time talking.

‘What is he embarrassed?’ I grinned.

“I know. A kiss is something special you give to something or someone you like... I like you.” I finally said it to him.

“E-eh?” He seemed confused.

“You said you liked me so I like you too.” I said. Knowing him though he wouldn’t think that I actually love him in that kind of way. I mean he did group me with seashells after all…

“Woobin… likes me?” He said slowly.

“Mmhm~ just think of it as a goodnight kiss.” I said to him.

“Haven’t you heard of a goodnight kiss?” I said to him.

“Uhh.. not really..” He said. I just reached over and hugged him tiredly.

“People exchange kisses before going to bed so every night from now on you have to give me a goodnight kiss.” I explained.

“Really?” He believed me easily.

“Mmhm~ now give me one.” I said in which e looked up to my face.

“We kissed already.”

“Yeah but I said you have to give me a kiss goodnight.” I said tricking him since I wanted a kiss.

“Well…” He was hesitating. I just laid there and waited for him patiently. He finally leaned over to give me a kiss. I closed my eyes with a sly smile waiting for his lips to touch mines. His soft lips touched mines gently. I parted my lips and nipped his bottom lip. He immediately pulled back and covered his lip. At first I thought he was embarrassed but I noticed him staring at me with wide eyes.

“What?” I asked him

“What are you doing?” He asked me

“Kissing…” I answered confused.

“That wasn’t a kiss!” He said loudly.

“W-what?!” I was so confused.

“Kiss is when you just touch lips. You were like.. eating my lips.. It’s weird!” He whined.

‘Oh so he hasn’t had an adult kiss yet?’ I chuckled

“How cute.” I said to myself.

“Okay, okay. I’ll explain it to you tomorrow.” I pulled him back down.

 “It’s called an adult kiss.” It was late and I was really tired.

“Adult.. kiss?” He said softly.

“Tomorrow. I’ll show.” I said tiredly with a grin.

“Good night.” I said shutting my eyes and hugged him in my arms.

“Oh… Good night Woobin.” Jongsuk said back and so I was able to fall asleep right after.