Who Does He Love?

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

‘I can’t believe being with Jongsuk would make me like this… I thought I was straight… I dated so many women… But I ended up falling for him. Hugging him… Kissing him… Giving him a … and even trying a … What’s gotten into me?… The strangest thing is that I feel happiest whenever I’m with him.’ I shouted in my head as I stared at the ceiling.

‘I’ve gone crazy!’ I kept repeating in my head.

‘The thing is… we’re not even dating. He probably just sees me as a friend… I can’t be taking advantage of him.’ I was frustrated with myself. I was like that all morning until he woke up.

“Oh... you’re awake?” I stared at him flustered.

‘I can’t look at him.’ I said in my head and turned away.

“Mmhm~” He snuggled against me. I tried to keep myself calm but it was quite difficult.

“Good morning Woobin~” He said all cute in which I couldn’t help but smile.

“Good morning.” I said back. He then snuggled against me making me flustered.

“Do you have to go to school today?” He asked me.

 “Mmhm~ Today’s class are boring and long so just stay home. Ah and my friends wanted to come over.” I just remembered.

“Yay~! It’ll be fun.” He said cheerfully.

“Really?” I wasn’t sure about it.

“Well if you’re okay with them coming over then I guess they can. They wanted to swim so make sure to clean the pool house.” I said to him as I tried to stay calm.

“Mhmm~” He hummed and hugged me. The rest of the morning was normal. I couldn’t really look at him after seeing my on his face last night… I just quickly left the house to calm myself down. I texted a few of my friends saying that if they want to come over then they would need their swimming clothes, and a ton of snacks and drinks. When class ended they all just followed me back home since most of us had the last class together. I only invited the few people that Jongsuk knew since he was comfortable with them.

“Ohhh~ what a nice place.” Seunggi looked around as we walked to the pool house. We went around the back so that they wouldn’t have to go inside the house.

“This place is just temporary.  It’s too big so it’s a hassle.” I said back.

“Well it is a house. Are you going to find a hotel or condo hyung? I can hook you up” Joohyuk offered.

“Maybe. I’ll look into it later when I have the time.” I said. When I opened the door I saw that the toys were still around.

‘Yah… I told him to clean up.’ I was surprised that everything was still here.

“Oh? What is this? Your bathtub?” They all came in laughing.

“Ahh…” I didn’t know what to say.

“Why so many toys? Were there kids here?” They asked me.

“Uhh~ yeah. Some family kids were over.” I said and went in to clean up the toys.

“Why were they here?” They asked me as they set all the food and drinks on the table.

“Uhh~ my family wants to expand into the toy industry so we’re just testing around.” I made something up randomly.

“Really? So cosmetic and toys? What a weird combination.” Jisoo laughed.

“I know~” I said under my voice. I didn’t know what to say and so that was my best answer. Just then Jongsuk rushed in from the inside door probably because h heard us.

“Oh! Hello~” He greeted everyone with a big bow.

“Oh Jongsuk!” They waved to him.

“How’ve you been?” they talked to him. He looked just like a normal friend only a bit more timid looking and talking.

“Jongsuk hyung, this is Joohyuk. He wanted to come along with us.” Jisoo introduced them to each other. After talking on his own for a bit he then walked over to me and helped me pick up the toys.

“I told you to clean up.” I whispered to him

“I forgot…” He pouted as he hurried.

“Yah Woobin, don’t you have any workers here?” Jaehyun hyung asked

“I do but she mainly cooks and clean in the main house. Like I said this place is too big.”

“What just one worker? Why don’t you hire more than?” He said back.

“I just moved in here so I’m not sure if I’m going to stay or not. For now it’s fine with just her.” I said.

“I also help clean up!” Jongsuk spoke up.

‘Why would you say that… They’ll think that I’m mistreating you…’ I shouted in my head.

“You do? It’s because you’re staying here for free aren’t you~” They joked around.

“Well it’s because he has nothing to do” I said joining their conversation.

“How long have you been here Jongsuk hyung?” Jisoo asked him. Jongsuk glanced over to me.

“Over a month. I guess a month and a half.” I answered for him

“For what reason?”

“We’re friends so I figured I’ll help him out and give him a place to stay. Why are you asking so many questions?!” I sounded a bit mad so that they wouldn’t ask any more.

“How did you become friends? It seems like you two are quite different. He doesn’t even go to our school.” Inguk asked.

“I just met him and we just got along well. He just seemed like a goof person to be friends with. I also just want him to know the “Seoul life’” I said, which was the truth. After a bit the conversation finally ended which was a relief.

“Hey why don’t we just swim bare?” I heard Seunggi say.

“What?” I glared at him.

“In our birthday suit?” Joohyuk smirked.

“Yah, don’t you dare. I told you to bring your swimming clothes!” I shouted.

“Just kidding~! I’m going to change!” Seunggi stripped as he rushed into the shower. They all followed him into the shower room.

“Jongsuk-ah, you should go wear yours too.” I said to him.

“Ohh… Should I get Woobin’s too?” He asked me.

“Can you? Do you know where it is?” I asked him.

“Mmhm~ I’ll be back soon.” He said and rushed off.  I quickly finished cleaning up and opened all the curtains so that it would brighten the place up. When he came back with my swimming trunks we both went to change as well. It was hectic in there since they were such crazy people. Once we were all changed we jumped into the pool for a quick dip.

“Ahh~ it’s been a while since I’ve swam.” Seunggi sighed

“The ocean was my last place.”

“I just swam yesterday.” Inguk smiled.

“Me too~” Joohyuk smiled along

“Well you two are part of the swimming club.” Jisoo said back

“Oh how I wish I could go back to that island. It was beautiful.” They all started talking about our trip. I glanced over to Jongsuk and saw him just smiling and listening to them.

‘I wonder if he liked it there? He must have.’ I said in my head.

“Yah, have you been to the big pool house that just got remodeled? The pool is no joke.” Inguk said amazed.

“You’ve been there?” I asked him

“Yeah. It’s unbelievable. They expanded the pool so its huge and the diving board is insane. I’ll bet that you won’t be able to jump off the highest one.” He seemed like he was exaggerating.

“Isn’t it just 10 meters high?” I said.

“Yeah but when you look down it’s completely different. It’s something about the pool or water that just wants to knock you out just by looking down.” He said.

“Ayy~ stop exaggerating. You’re probably just a scaredy cat.” Jaehyun hyung said to him.

“I’m serious. Go there and you’ll know what I’m talking about.” Inguk hyung said.

“What’s a… diving board?” Jongsuk asked.

“You don’t know what a diving board is?” They stared at him.

‘Ahh what should I do?’ I panicked.

“He’s never seen one before… This was the first pool he swam in.” I chuckled making it lightly.

“Seriously? That’s interesting.”

“Are they no pools outside of Seoul?” Joohyuk asked.

“He’s just a really pitiful person. The first time I met him he ate his first Jajangmyeon!” Seunggi hyungsaid all loudly.

“Really? Where did you come from, hyung? Could it be that you’re an alien? Or from North Korea?!” Joohyuk stared at Jongsuk

“No.” Jongsuk shook his head slowly.

“He’s from the countryside and he’s not so outgoing so he’s always indoor.” I answered for him.

“Ohh… So in other words he’s missing out in life” Joohyuk just believe in my words.

“Well a diving board is this board that’s up in the air and you jump off-ah” Jisoo tried explaining but Inguk smacked his head.

“You’re terrible at explaining so just stop.” Inguk hyung yelled at him.

“Here let me SHOW YOU what is it.” Joohyuk grabbed his phone.

“Aren’t you afraid of dropping it?” Jaehyun hyung asked him

“It’s the waterproof kind~” He smiled. He then pulled up a video of Olympians jumping off of diving boards.

“Oh? Woah~!” Jongsuk was amazed.

“You can just jump off of that? It doesn’t hurt?” Jongsuk asked.

“Well if you don’t do it properly then yeah it’ll hurt.” Joohyuk laughed.

“You should try it. Only on the lower ones though since those are more fun and less terrifying.”  Jisoo said.

“Let’s all go to the remodeled pool house together then.” I suggested.

“Ohh~ should we?” They all got excited.

“Ughh~ I’ll go if I don’t work.” Jaehyun hyung said swimming around.

“We can probably go since we have to practice for a competition.” Joohyuk said.

“So I can go and jump off of a diving board?” Jongsuk asked me.

“Mmhm~ we can go sometime this week.” I said to him. We then swam and played around for a bit as we talked to each other.

“I’m hungry. Did anyone order pizza?” Seunggi hyung asked.

“I did! It should arrive soon!” Inguk hyung said out loud. After a couple of minutes his phone ran and so the pizza must be here already. Inguk hyung got out to answer his phone.

“I’ll go get it.” I said since this was my place.

“I have to go sign for it.” Inguk hyung said and so we both left. I was a bit worried leaving Jongsuk alone but I’m sure he’ll be fine. When I came back everyone was sitting on the chairs snacking already. Jongsuk was talking and smiling happily.

‘He’s totally use to it now.’ I smiled proud of him. We all sat down and filled up our bellies.

 “Yah~ Jongsuk hyung... you’re quite charming.” Jisoo said staring at Jongsuk

“What are you saying?!” I said immediately.

‘Did I just got jealous?’ I was surprised at myself.

“It’s not that I’m attractive to him. I’m just saying he’s good looking. He can be a model or an actor.” Jisoo said.

“Can’t we all become a model then?” I said since we were all pretty tall and good-looking.

“We can-haha~” He laughed.

“I get what he’s saying though. The boyfriend trend now-a-days similar to Jongsuk hyung.” Joohyuk said scanning Jongsuk.

“Boyfriend?” Jongsuk stared back at him.

“Mmhm~ Pale smooth skin, tall but cute looking, not too buff nor skinny, and… The pure feeling!” He said so enthusiastic about it.

‘Why are they so into Jongsuk’s appearance? I guess he is good looking but why are they talking about it. ‘ I didn’t really like them talking about him.

“You skin is really good. Do you use some kind of cream?” Seunggi stared at his face.

“Cream? No~” Jongsuk shook his head.

“Are you sure? Woobin did you let him use any whitening cream? His skin looks amazing. Give me some too.” Inguk hyung said.

“I didn’t but hyung… I think you’re too dark so whitening cream won’t work on you.” I laughed.

“Ayy~” He hissed at me.

“I don’t put anything on. I was born like this.” Jongsuk answered it properly.

“Really? Wow~ you must have good genes. I don’t even see a single pore on your face.” Jisoo said as he stared at Jongsuk’s face up close. I noticed that Jongsuk was feeling nervous.

“Yah, You’re making him nervous!” I yelled at him.

“Ahh..  I’m just fascinated.” He laughed. We continued eating and just laid back to let our stomachs digest the food.

 “I just realized that we’re missing some music.” Seunggi hyung said.

“Just plug your phone into the speakers over there.” I said and so he rushed over to the control desk.

“Do you know what else is missing?” Inguk hyung smiled.

“A party!” Jisoo shouted.

“Exactly! Next time let’s invite some ladies.” Joohyuk said excited.

“Oh how that sounds so fun~ Hyesun totally wouldn’t let me come then.” Jaehyun hyung sighed.

“Well you don’t have to tell sister-in-law.” Inguk hyung grinned.

“But sister-in-law has great senses~” Jaehyun hyung sighed again.

“Who’s sister-in-law?” Jongsuk asked them.

“Ahh, it’s Jaehyun hyung’s fiancé.” Jisoo pointed at Jaehyun.

“Fiancé?” Jongsuk cocked is head.

“His future wife. They’re going to get married.” I explained to him.

“Ohh~” He nodded.

“We’re not going to get married any time soon though.” Jaehyun hyung said.

“Oh! Woobin hyung why don’t you invite that one girl that you had fallen in love with? She recently got into a model agency. What was her name again?” Seunggi said as he walked back over to us.

‘Oh no~’ I just know that they’re going to tease me.

“Minah?” Seunggi hyung said all of a sudden.

“Ayy~ cut it out.” I tried stopping them.

“Bang Minah?” Joohyuk said surprised.

“No! It’s… Shin! Shin Minah!” Jaehyun hyung corrected him.

“Ahh~ You like Minah noona?” Jisoo stared at me.

“I was…” I admitted. There was a time that I liked her but... I don’t even know when the feelings went away but I don’t think I’m attracted to her anymore.

“Ohh~ I didn’t know you were interested in older women.” They started teasing me.

“She’s not that much older.” I ended up slipping that out.

“Ohhh~! So you do like her!” They all grinned widely.

“It’s not like that!” I argued with them. I glanced at Jongsuk who was staring blankly at me.

‘I wonder what he’s thinking… Does he know what we’re talking about?’ I wondered.

“I… don’t like her anymore.” I said to them.

“Oohhh~ So your taste has changed?” Joohyuk asked me.

“We all have our moments.” I said.

“That’s good. You two don’t look good together either.” Inguk hyung said bluntly.

“What are you saying?!” I was taken back by his reply.

“She’s too pretty and cute for you.” He said in which I wanted to throw a punch at him.

“So anyone caught your heart yet?” Jaehyun asked me.

“No one.” I said even though I know there’s someone in particular.

“Really? There has to be someone.” They pressured me.

‘Well there is someone..’ I looked over to Jongsuk who was really quiet.

“Even if there is someone I wouldn’t tell you guys.” I said in which they all went crazy.

“So you do have someone!”

“Make it happen!”

“Oh? Unless you two are already dating!” They all teased me. I just denied everything and quiet them down. Once they were calm again we went back into the pool and played a game of water volleyball.

Jonguk’s POV

‘A girl that Woobin likes… Shin Minah?’ I heard them say.  I knew they were talking about boyfriend/girlfriend, love relationships, and so this girl is someone Woobin loves.

‘I wonder what she’s like’ I said in my head.

‘Is she pretty? She must be nice.’ I just stayed quiet and tried to catch up on their talking.

“I… don’t like her anymore.” Woobin said surprising me.

‘Oh? He doesn’t like her anymore? Why?’ I wondered. They talked for a bit and then Woobin stared at me.

“Hmm?” I wondered why he was staring at me like that?

“Even if there is someone I wouldn’t tell you guys.” He said in which they all shouted.

‘What does that mean?’ I thought about it.

‘So Woobin loves someone else. Not Shin Minah? Then who does Woobin love? Can you really just change the people you love?’ I wondered.