Locked Out

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

‘It’s good that he’s enjoying this.’ I stared at him and smiled because he was smiling. I then looked out to the water and it was indeed beautiful.

“I never thought I would enjoy looking at this scene.” I said softly.

“It’s so different and amazing. It makes me feel good.” He giggled. I just smiled at his pleasing reaction.

‘Where should we go now?’ I wondered. He then took a deep breath.

“Huhh~ It feels nice up here~” He giggled.

“Where do you want to go? I’ll take you anywhere.” I asked him

“Where’s anywhere?” he asked me making me laugh.

“No silly” I turned away and laughed a bit before trying to compose myself.

“I meant I’ll take you to any place you want to go.” I explained to him.

“Ahh~” He nodded now that he knew what I meant.

“Uhh… I don’t know any places.” He shook his head and smiled.

‘Well that doesn’t help. I don’t know where we should go either.’ I said in my head.

“Can you just take me around and around in that?” He pointed to my car.

“Sure. I’ll drive through the city so that you can look around.” I said hoping that he would enjoy it.

“Mhhm” He nodded. I then helped him back into the car.

“Does it hurt?” I asked him worried. I wanted to offer him my shoes but he just refuses.

“Nope, not at all. I can walk by myself.” He said pulling his arms away from my gasp.

“Ah… yes… It’s not like you’re a baby.” I sneered before going to the driver side. Once we were all set I started the car and we drove back down the mountain. Again he seemed so excited and carefree. It amazes me as to how happy he was. He had no worries in his mind and was just enjoying the most out of it right now.

“Uhhh, Ducky...” I called out to him. It was awkward calling him that since it was such an obvious nickname.

“What is it Woobin-ah?” he asked me.

‘Woobin-ah?’ I was a bit picky.

‘Okay, let’s just say we’re the same age.’ I said in my head.

“I was wondering if this place is similar to the world under the sea.” I asked him but I was a bit worried if he was bothered by that question.

“Uhhh.. No it’s not similar at all. Ummm, it’s not underwater.” He giggled.

“Well that is obvious.” I laughed with him.

“Anything else?” I asked him.

“Everything just look really different and it feels different.” He said as he looked around.

“Guess it’s really hard to describe it huh?” I smiled.

“Mmhm” He nodded.

“You don’t want me to talk about it?” I asked him

“It’s okay. Woobin-ah can just ask me.” He said and smiled.

‘He’s not hiccupping so… I guess he’s not lying.’ I smiled. Just then we started approaching some people that were jogging. I glanced over to Ducky and saw him sinking in his seat. I stepped on the gas pedal and drove by them quickly.

“You don’t want other people to see you?” I asked him.

“N-no. They’re scary.” He shook his head as he glanced over to me.

“Okay, be careful.” I said before pressing the button to put the roof up.

“Oh, what’s happening?” He looked around as the roof came up. I then rolled the windows up as well so that he doesn’t have to be so scared anymore.

“There, the people outside won’t be able to see you now.”

“Woah~ really? But I can see them.” He said back.

“The windows are tinted so people can’t look into the car very well. Maybe through the front but the sides will be hard for them to see through.” I said hoping that he would understand it.

“Really? You mean the window are magically colored? How does that work?” He said as he examined the windows. He even touched it in different places just to figure it out.

“I’m not sure how it works but it does. Just don’t break.” I then remembered about his bandaged hand.

“Does you hand still hurt?” I asked him.

“No, Oh humans!” I jumped in his seat. When we drove by them Ducky hid a bit.

“They won’t see you.” I said to him with a smile.

“But I can see them.” He pouted.

“Huhh~” I sighed. I eyes then landed on my sunglasses.

“Here, where these.” I handed it to him.

“What is this?” He grasped in and turned it around and around.

“Sunglasses. You won’t be able to see them much if you where them over your eyes.” I told him.

“Oh. Like this?” He showed me. I just sneered when I saw that he had them upside down.

“Flip it over.” I chuckled.

“Ahhh~” He nodded and put it on.

“Woah~ it’s dark.” He said as he lifted them up and then back down to see the difference.

“You are just too weird.” I shook my head and chuckled.

‘And cute.’ I said the second part in my head. I just wanted to ask him as to why he thinks humans are scary but I didn’t. He’s just not use to it yet. I am just glad that he opened up to me.

“Ducky, am I scary?” I asked him with a sneer.

“No~” He shook his head with a sweet smile.

“Really? That’s weird. Among all of the people I know, they all said that I look scary.” I giggled.

“Woobin-ah is very nice.” He said happily.

“Well, thanks.” I said and looked away since I was a bit embarrassed. I rarely get that kind of compliment.

“You want to listen to music?” I asked him.

“What’s music?” He asked me.

“This.” I smiled and pressed the power button. The radio and music started play.

“What the…? Who’s making that sounds? Car?” He was so surprised.

“Ummm. It’s someone else but the car and letting it out. Does that make sense?” I had to think about it.

“There’s a human in the car?” He was shocked.

“No, not like that. Another person’s voice is recorded into the car.” I said trying to make it clear.

“Ahh~ I know now.” He smiled.

“Is this song okay?” I asked him.

“Are there different ones?” He stared at me and then back to the radio.

“Yes, just press this to change it and then this if you want to go back.” I showed him.

“Oh okay.” He smiled and started pressing the buttons immediately.

“Tsk~” I sneered.

“What’s this?” He pointed at the GPS.

“That’s a map. It shows us where we are and where everything else is at.” I explained

“Ohhh, everything is in here?” He pointed.

“Yeah, it really is amazing. You will never get lost with it.” I smiled. We finally entered the highway and started heading to Seoul.

“Woah, there are so many cars.” He said as he changed his interest back to the streets.

“Yes, Just about everyone has a car.” I said as I focused on changing lanes.

“They are so fast, it’s dangerous right?” He asked me seriously.

“Yes, that is why we have to be very careful. Do you want to learn to drive car?” I asked him.

“Mhhhm~!” He shook his head from side to side and pouted.

“I don’t want to. Woobin can just drive me.” He smiled.

“Tsk, you are already planning on making me your driver?” I chuckled. We continued down the highway for a very long time. I asked if he was sleep but he said he wasn’t even though he did look tired.  I think he’s tired anyways since I couldn’t see his eyes through the sunglasses. I checked the GPS and saw that there was a rest stop ahead. It was around 5 right now and we haven’t eaten anything for a while.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him.

“A bit” He said softly

*hic * he had the hiccups.

“Huhh~ Yes, I’m really hungry.” He pouted. I just started laughing.

“I still can’t believe that you get the hiccups from lying.” I laughed.

“It’s not funny.” He pouted.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Let’s stop and find something to eat.” I said as I changed to the outer lane and into the rest stop. There were a bunch of restaurants there so Ducky will be interested. I then parked the car and unbuckled my seat belt. I was excited in showing him around but when I turned over to him he had a different expression.

“What’s the matter?” I asked him.

“There are so many humans out there.” He said softly.

‘Ah, that’s right. He’s not use to humans yet.’ I said in my head a bit disappointed.

‘I wanted to show you around but if you’re like this then…’ I thought about it.

“You can just stay here. I’ll go buy you some food.”

“Yes! Thank you Woobin-ah.” He smiled.

‘I won’t force you if you don’t want to.’ I said in my head and smiled

‘I want to take him to so many different places like the amusement park and the mall but I don’t think he wants to be walking around with people around him.’ I said in my head

“Is there anything you want to eat?” I asked him.

“I don’t know. What does Woobin like to eat?” He asked me.

“Umm I like eating a lot of things. I guess I’ll but you a hot dog.” I decided.

“Hot… dog?” He tilted his head.

“You’ll see what it is. I like it.” I smiled.

“What else do you like?” He asked me

“Hmm. Jajangmyeon, deokbokki, oh and pizza!” I said excited.

“Oh, they must be really good.” He giggled.

“Yes, they are all savory foods. Oh you should really try desserts too.” I suggested

“What are desserts?”

“Desserts are foods that are sweet.” I explained

“Sweet? Woah~ I rarely eat sweets”

“Really? Why?” I asked him.

“Most of the things under the sea is salty.” He pouted

“Ahh, that makes sense.” I chuckled

“A lot of the sweet thing will kill you. No one eats that.” He giggled.

“Well I’m going to go us some food. Just stay here by yourself for a bit. I’ll be back real quick.” I said a bit worried.

“Okay, I will stay here by my self.” He nodded.

“Don’t worry, nothing will happen. No one will be able to see you in here.” I said and patted his head.

“Yes, come back fast with the food.” He giggled.

“Okay you piggy.” I giggled and opened the door.

“I’m not a piggy.” He pouted.

“I meant that you eat as much as a pig.” I chuckled.

“I’ll back soon.” I said and shut the door.

“Huhh~ Please don’t let anything happen.” I was a bit worried. I rushed inside and bought whatever I knew was good. I was going to buy ice cream but It probably would melt by the time we finished eating so I just decided that I’ll buy it once we finish eating. I got two of everything as well as snacks since I knew Ducky was a big eater. I then went back to the car with bags and my hands full of food. I had a big smile as I approached the car. I can faintly see Ducky through the front mirror and he seemed excited as well. When I went to open the door on the driver’s side it was locked…

“Oh it’s locked.” I then searched for my keys.

“Ah… I left it in the car!” I tried looking through the tinted glass.

“Why did I do that?!” I mentally smacked myself.

*knock knock *

“D-Ducky-ah!” I knocked on the window.

“What is the matter?” I heard him softly.

“I need you to unlock the door.” I said somewhat loud but not too loud to make a scene.

“How?” I saw him leaning over to the driver’s seat.

“It’s.. It’s like a button right there. It’s like a rectangle. The long one!” I explained it to him.

“Just press down on it.” I said hoping that he would get it.

“This one?” He said and tried it but nothing really happened. I couldn’t really see what he was doing so I just prayed and pictured the buttons in my head.

“You can try other buttons as well.” I said and waited. Just then I heard the sound of the door lock.

“Yes, that one!” I tried opening the door but it still was lock.

“Ducky, press that one again but the other end.” I said to him.

“Yes.” I heard him. The door finally unlocked and I was able to open it.

“Huhh~ well it could have been worse.” I said to myself before getting in.

“Thank you.” I thanked him.

“Yes~, when you left the car did that and I didn’t know what to do.” He told me cutely.

“That is so that other people won’t steal my car. Anyways I bought a lot of food for you.” I said handing him the box in my hand.

“Woah~ it smells good. What is it?” He asked me.

“Corn dog.” I smiled. I then started taking everything out and showed it to him. Usually I would be against eating in my car but I was completely fine with it now. All that matters now is that Ducky gets to eat.