Perfect Looking Boyfriend

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

“Auntie…” I called out to her awkwardly.

‘How should I say this?’ I thought about for a bit longer.

“Oh, what is it?” She stopped and turned to me.

“Jongsuk has been spending a lot time with you lately, right?” I asked her.

“Yes, is something the matter?” She asked.

“Well… I’ve been noticing that he’s been learning lots of new things…” I said wondering if I should continue with this.

“And?...” She stared at me.

“It’s okay if he learns cooking but… Well he got into gardening and now knitting… Couldn’t you teach him some more masculine hobbies?” I just asked her straight out.

“Excuse me?!” She got all upset. I flinched when he placed the spatula down roughly.

“After you saying that they’re feminine hobbies? Men can do it too.”

“Uh… I… I didn’t mean-“

“What’s wrong with him learning gardening and knitting?!” She yelled at me.

‘Well I can’t tell you but he’s just becoming so much like a wife that I feel-‘

“If you want him to have masculine hobbies then show him yourself young man!” She said madly.

‘Ohhh~ I ticked her off…’ I sighed in my head.

“He’s at home with me all day so of course he’s going to learn what I do. At least he has me here with him to lighten up his days. He’s been so bored and has nothing to do lately! You’re also busy and out so much so what do you know!” She lectured me.

“I… was busy with school and work.” I tried saying but then I kept my head down and hands in front of me.

“Exactly so don’t be telling me to teach him the things you want. And just who are you to choose what he should learn. He should learn what ever he wants.” She said. I didn’t know what to say next.

“He’s locked up inside this house day after day. I felt bad for him so I took him out shopping a few times.” She said surprising me.

“What you let Jongsuk go out shopping with you?” I asked her.

“Yes! Why are you keeping the poor kid locked up?!” She shouted.

“Well. It’s because he’s scared around people.” I pouted.

“He is but he needs to overcome that fear. He needs to slowly get use to it. He can’t live like that forever. Do you even know that he wants to go outside? And not just outside but he wants to visit places.” She said in which made me felt bad.

‘Jongsuk wants to go out to places?’ I said in my head.

“He has been out with you before. Haven’t you noticed that he has fun as well?” She asked me. I just nodded at her.

“Now that you mentioned it… He was really happy when I take him to places.” I said softly.

“See? He’s also trying his best to interact with other. He’s not forever scared of other people.” She said.

“I’m sorry.” I did know what to say other than apologize.

“Don’t apologize to me say it to Jongsuk. You’ve been neglecting him lately.” She said making me feel even worse.

“Yes Auntie…” I said awkwardly and walked out of the kitchen.

‘Woah…’ I was so taken back. And here I thought I would tell her to teach him some other hobbies but then she lectured back at me…

‘Sorry Jongsuk. I… I guess I haven’t been taking good care of you…’ I said in my head as I made my way upstairs. There I saw Jongsuk staring down at me.

“Oh, there you are.” I said going up to meet him.

“Did you… hear everything?” I asked him. He was pretty far from the kitchen but since he has super hearing he probably heard everything clearly.

“Mmhmm~ Is Woobin okay?” He asked me.

“Oh, you’re so kind. Still worrying about me.” I said hugging him dearly.

“I’m sorry.” I said as I patted his head.

“For what?”

“For not spending time with you.”

“It’s okay. I know Woobin is busy.” He said back making my heart squeeze even more

“You worry about me too much Jongsuk-ah.” I said and leaned back at stared at him. After hearing what Auntie Soonok said I couldn’t help but to think about it. He was lonely and bored when I’m not around… I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. That cheered him up even more.

“Should we go out? I heard you like going out now-a-days.” I asked him

“Mmhm~ I want to go out with Woobin.” He smiled.

“You’ve been going out with Auntie a lot haven’t you.” I asked him.

“Sorry Woobin.” He pouted.

“Why are you apologizing? I should be the one saying sorry.”

“Isn’t Woobin mad?” He asked me

“No silly, why would I be mad? I’m glad that you’re going out with Auntie.” I said back. We then went for a drive and decided that we should stop somewhere for a nice walk. The Han River was nice and quiet so I drove us over there for a nice evening walk.

“Is this place okay?” I asked him.

“Mmhm~ it’s really pretty and there aren’t many people around.”

“Sorry that I’ve been so busy. I didn’t get to spend much time with you nor did I have any time to talk to you.”

“I’m okay.” He smiled.

“So I’ll make it up now. Tell me all the things you’ve done with Auntie Soonok.” I said. His face lit up and he exactly did what I asked of him. He jumped right into it and told me everything he did. The way he explained everything was just so cute.

“It’s fun going out with Auntie Soonok but I feel a bit bad.”

“Why do you feel bad?” I asked him.

“Well Auntie Soonok always spends money on me since I don’t have any.” He pouted.

“Money?” I just realized that I have never gave him money. I didn’t think he would go anywhere without me so I didn’t give him any money.

“If it’s money that you need…” I said taking my wallet out.

“No, I can’t take Woobin’s money!” He pouted.

“Why not? “I asked confused.

“Well we all need to earn our own money! It’s some precious.” He said cutely.

“Who told you that?” I asked him.

“It’s common sense.” He pouted.

“Oh.” I chuckled since he was so cute.

“As of right now though I’m taking care of you, am I right?” I asked him. He then thought about it.

“Besides you don’t have a job right now so that’s not going to work out. Just take this money.” I handed all of the bills I had in my wallet to him.

“I’ll buy you a wallet soon so that you can keep your money in.” I said but he refused to take it.

“It’s Woobin’s money. I already spent a lot of Woobin’s money already.” He whined.

“Just take it. The money that Auntie Soonok spent was also mine’s. Okay, if you feel like you need to earn it then you did. You cook and clean the house just like Auntie Soonok and I pay her to do that.” I explained to him.

“You do?” He tilted his head.

“Yeah, I pay her a lot to do it so it’s only right if I pay you too.” I said handing him the money. I could tell he was thinking about it real hard.

‘Is he going to fall for it?’ I smiled.

“Well…” He was still unsure about it.

“Here just take it.” I placed the bills in his hand.

“Thank you for cooking for me and cleaning up the house.” I said and ruffled his head before walking off with a grin. After a few steps I peeked back and saw him pouting at the money. He then followed me and went right beside me.

“Be careful.” I said to him.

“Ohh~” He smiled.

“Thank you Woobin. I will take good care of this money.” He said holding onto it dearly.

“I don’t want you to take care of it. I want you to spend it silly. And keep it in your pocket so that you won’t lose it.” I said since him holding the bills made me worry.

“Oh okay.” He giggled and put them in his pocket.

“So Woobin, I can go out with Auntie whenever I want?” He asked me.

“Of course. Jongsuk-ah, you do whatever you want. You don’t have to worry about me. As long as it’s not dangerous then it’s not a problem.” I said to him.

“Oh okay Woobin.” He smiled.

“Just remember to always have you phone on you and make sure it’s charged.” I reminded him.

“Yes~ Woobin~ I charge it every night like you said.” He said making me smile. WE continued walking down the trail and I saw a few couples around. They were hugging and holding hands warmly in which I got jealous over.

“Huhh~ autumn is already here. Couple season.” I said to myself.

“What’s that?” Jongsuk asked me.

“Huhh? What I just said?” I asked back.

“Mmhm~”

“Well I said it’s autumn. It’s one of the seasons. There’s spring, which is when the plants grow. Summer is when it get’s hot. Autumn is right now in which it gets colder and the leaves starts to fall off the trees. And then there’s winter which is when it starts to snow.”

“Ohhh~ that’s really cool. I’ve never experienced all of the seasons before.” He said with a smile.

“Really? Have you seen snow yet?” I asked him. He just shook his head shyly.

“I tried seeing it once but my timing was not right and there were already ice on top. It was really cold and really dangerous so I haven’t tried again.” He said.

“Then. You’ll get to see your first snow soon.” I said patting his head. We continued walking as the sun started to set. I noticed that Jongsuk was staring at something so I followed his eyes and saw him starting at some kids eating ice cream. I giggled at his innocence.

“You want some ice cream too?” I asked him.

“Mmhm~ it looks good.” He said with a nod.

‘We haven’t ate dinner yet though…’ I hesitated but then just gave in.

“There’s a convenience store over there. We can go buy some.” I said.

“Yay!” He cheered and rushed ahead.

“Haha~ slow down. It’s not going to run away from you.” I laughed.

“Oh..” He said embarrassed and walked slower. I then saw a little park where we could sit and eat our ice cream. With that an idea sparked in my head.

“Jongsuk-ah, why don’t you go buy the ice cream and I’ll wait right here for you.” I said pointing to the park.

“Huh? Why? Woobin’s not going to come with me?” He already had a worried look.

“You have money already so you can go buy it yourself. Both of us don’t have to go together.” I said teasing him.

“…. Woobin will be there?” He pointed to the park.

“Mmhm~ I’ll be waiting right here.” I said waiting to see if he’ll let me.

“O-okay. Ummm I’ll go buy us ice cream.” He said trying to smile.

“Really?” I was surprised.

“Mhmm~ I can do it.” He said more confidently.

“Oh… Then I’ll wait here.” I said a bit worried and regretting.

“Wait for me.” He said and walked off.

“Okay.” I said awkwardly as I made my way to the park. It was just a few steps away but it took me quite a long time. I kept my eyes on him since I was worried. Just then he turned around.

‘I knew it. He’s-‘

“Should I just buy 2?”He asked me.

“Huh? Oh, yeah just two.” I said back.

“Okay.” He said and continued on his way.

“Oh? He’s really okay?” I said to myself. I stood there and watched him approaching the convenience store. He stared at the door for a while before pulling it open. That was when I bolted off and started spying on him though the window.

‘Oh, he found the ice cream fridge.’ I said in my head. I carefully spied on him to see how he was doing.

‘He’s having a hard time deciding on which ice cream.’ I said in my head. It took him a while but he finally chose two out of the fridge. I waited to see what he will do and to my surprise he did everything okay. He went over to the cashier and paid for the ice cream. He was a bit slower then a normal person but it just made him even cuter. Right when he was about to come out and quickly ran away pretending that I just got here

“Oh, Woobin~!” He smiled upon seeing me.

“Oh, hey.” I said out of breath.

“It took you a while so I wanted to go see.” I lied.

“I’m sorry Woobin. I didn’t know which one to pick.” He said showing me the two ice creams.

“I picked the two that looked the best. Which one do you want?” He held them to me. One was strawberry flavor and the other one was chocolate.

‘He loves strawberry so…’

“I’ll… have this one.” I picked the chocolate one.

“Then I’ll eat this one.” He smiled happily.

“Thank you for buying ice cream for me. You did a great job.” I patted his head.

“Hehe~ Thank you.” He chuckled. If he had a tail like a puppy it would be wagging so much right now. We opened up our ice cream and headed over to the park. We sat on the swings as we ate the cold sweet treat.

“This is so fun~” He giggled.

“We can do this every now and then.” I said to him.

“Really? Wow~” He was just so happy. When we were done we then headed back to the car and drove back home. Of course Auntie Soonok yelled at me for letting us eat ice cream before dinner but it was worth it. Seeing Jongsuk happy was the best thing ever. The next day I had class later during the day. I asked if Jongsuk wanted to join me for the lecture again but he seemed to have picked Auntie Soonok’s shopping trip over my lecture session.

I’m okay. Not heart broken at all…

‘Huhh~ he must be having lots of fun right now’ I said in my head.

‘I wonder where he’s at?’ I wondered. I pulled my phone out and opened up an app.

‘Let’s see where he is.’ I said as I looked for Jongsuk’s bubble.

‘This isn’t illegal. I’m just concerned for his safety. Besides I already mentioned this app to him.’ I reminded myself. I refresh the bubble to see where he was currently at right now.

“Oh?’ I was surprised to see the bubble popped up right next to mines.

‘What does this mean?’ I was shocked. I quickly looked into my bag to see if it accidently fell in my bag but I didn’t see it.

‘Well if I don’t have it then… He’s actually here?’ I said in my head as I turned around to look outside. I was sitting in the front today so I was way to low to look outside.

‘He can’t be here.’ I said in disbelief. I refresh the app and the Jongsuk’s bubble and it still showed me that he was right next to me. I was going to give him a call but lecture was still ongoing.

‘Okay just, 5 more minutes and lecture is over.’ I said starting at my clock. I sat there impatiently and didn’t listen to the professor at all.

“That will be it for today.” He professor said and so I quickly packed my things and raced outside.

“Bye Woobin!” I heard my friend yell to me

“Bye.” I said shortly.

“He can’t be here. How can he possibly be here?” I said as I rushed outside. And there he was… Standing there in a light blue knit sweater and a pair of jeans.

‘He… looks like a perfect boyfriend just standing there waiting for someone.’ I said in my head. He was looking at his phone before looking up to see me.

“Oh, Woobin-ah~” He waved to me with a bright smile. I just snapped out of it and walked over to him. I noticed that there were some people staring at him.

‘He sure is gaining lots of attention. He's too good looking’ I said nervously.