Having a Fun Time

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV

“Is the male model still not here?!” The Director yelled.

“Sorry Director. I believe it’s a no show.” Said his assistant.

“Is there anyway that we can postpone the shoot?” He asked the Director

“We’re not going to wait for him anymore! We already postponed the shoot for him. He said he was only available today so we changed our shooting schedule just for him. And now he’s not going to show up?! Does he think he can do whatever he wants just because he’s famous? We are going to follow the contract and seek compensation because this is ridiculous!” The Director was furious.

“So what are we going to do then? Just end the shoot? This month’s issue would be lacking lot then.”

“Well, what else can we do when we don’t have the model?” The Director sighed.

“Oh! Is it possible to find someone else?” He whispered to the Director

“Possibly, however we can’t violate the contract either. We clearly hired him so we can’t just bring someone else in.”

“But if he’s late the contract has already been broken right? So technically we can find another model. Isn’t that right?”

“True but where on earth can we find a male model right now? Not to mention willingly to model for us this last minute.” The Director wasn’t hopeful.

“We’re right next to a campus. We can bound to find an idol around. Not only that but a model that could fit into the clothes that we brought!”

“That kind of sounds promising… Well~ hurry and go look for someone!” He told everyone

“I know Kim Yugyeom goes to this university should I call Got7’s manager? I have his number”

“Yes! Hurry up and call him then!”

“Anyone! Someone tall and handsome!” He shouted. The assistant turned around to make a phone call when he suddenly met eyes with Jongsuk.

“Oh?” He canceled the call and walked over to Jongsuk.

 

“180cm male with a good looking face right in front of me…” He said surprised. He felt a sign of relief. He checked Jongsuk’s height against his own small frame.

“Ohh~ you’re tall.” He said before having a closer look at his face.

“Pretty!” He said with assured.

“Who are you?” He asked him

“Ehh?” Jongsuk was scared.

‘What do I say?’Jongsuk wondered

“No, I’m not a bad person. Are you busy right now?” He asked him in a rush.

“… Noo..” Jongsuk shook his head timidly.

“Come with me for a second.” He pulled Jongsuk along with him as he went to the Director.

“Director! How is he?” He asked him. The Director looked at him and smile.

“Hmm~ He does have a refreshing face. Who is this? Where did you find him?!” The Director asked him

“I don’t know who he is. He was in the crowd.” He said

“Can you help us by being our model?” The Director asked Jongsuk.

‘A model? Me? What do I do? I don’t know what to do’Jongsuk panicked.

“Ummm… I want to help but I don’t know what I should do.” Jongsuk said truthfully.

“It’s okay, it’s not that hard. All you have to do is stand in front the camera and listen to us and pose.” The Director said.

“Oh, okay.” Jongsuk agreed.

“So that’s a yes?!” The Director was so happy.

“Mmhm~” Jongsuk nodded.

“What’s your agency? You, get in contact with his agency.” The Director said to his assistant. Jongsuk just look at them confused.

‘What’s an agency?’Jongsuk wondered.

“Which agency are you under?” The assistant asked Jongsuk.

“What agency?” Jongsuk asked him nervously.

“Eh? It’s the company that you’re under.” He explained. Jongsuk just shook his head.

“No? You mean you’re not a model or in the media industry?” The assistant said surprised.

“No.” Jongsuk shook his head.

“Ohh~ Director! He’s just a normal citizen is that okay?!” He should to the Director from afar.

“What? He’s not a model in training or anything? Well that should still be fine since he’s good looking. Go get him changed!” The Director said rushing everyone.

“Hurry, this way.” The assistant said and led the way. He led Jongsuk over to the van where all the clothes were. He had Jongsuk change into the clothes in the van since they were short on time. Jongsuk was a bit fluster at everything but he wanted to do a good job so he quickly adjusted. He stepped out of the car fully dressed shocking the assistant.

“Uhh~ Wow~ I still can’t believe you’re not famous. Are you planning on being a model in the future?” He asked him.

“I don’t know.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Well you should think about it. Ah, let’s hurry.” The assistant said remembering that they were short on time. He quickly fixed Jongsuk’s clothes and had him put on a trench coat.

“Don’t button it. It’s looks cooler .” He said to Jongsuk.

“Ok.” Jongsuk listened to him.

“No let’s get your makeup and hair done.” He said and they rushed off again.

“Here’s our new model!...”

“I’m sorry what’s your name? I was so busy I forgot to ask.” The assistant said embarrassed.

“Jongsuk. Lee Jongsuk.” Jongsuk said with a smile.

“Ah~ Jongsuk-sshi. I’m Do Minkyo.” He said and asked for a handshake. Jongsuk knew what to do and so he shook his hand lightly.

“Yes~ Do Minkyo-SSHI!” Jongsuk said happily

“This is Lee Jongsuk. You ladies know what to do already so just make him look handsome and chic.” The assistant said and ran off.

“Hello~” He briefly greeted each other before they started. Jongsuk flinched when they started touching him at first but then he realized what they were doing.

‘I’ve seen them do this online in a video before. It’s like they’re painting my face to make me look pretty.’ Jongsuk said in his head.

“You have really nice skin. I don’t think you even need a foundation.” Said the makeup artist.

“Do you use any type of products?” They asked him.

“Products? I wash my face in the morning and at night…” Jongsuk answered flustered.

“So nothing special then? Wow~ I’m so jealous.” She said. Jongsuk just smiled shyly whenever they said something.

“So Jongsuk-sshi, have you modeled before?” They tried having a conversation with him.

“No, this will be my first time.” He answered.

“Really? You really have good looks and a nice body. Why don’t you try modeling? You’re not interested?” She asked him.

“I don’t know.” Jongsuk answered nervously.

“It’s a shame that you’re not using your looks. With your looks you can be a model, an actor, or even an idol. What kind of job do you have?” She asked him.

“Job?... I don't have one… right now.” He said. He figure it might sound weird not having a job not to mention he did wanted to have a job in the future.

“Ahhh, so you’re still in school then.” She said.

‘I’m not… Should I just not give an answer then…’Jongsuk said in his head. He kept quiet and the topic just moved on.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” The hair stylist asked him.

“Girlfriend? No~” Jongsuk shook his head.

“Really? Girls must fall head over heels for you. Not only do you have good looks but you seem nice too.” She said.

“… Thank you.” Jongsuk said shyly. When he was done the director went over to check on him.

“Wow~” The director made a rectangle with his fingers and examined Jongsuk.

“Good proportions and the face of today’s young men. You are perfect!” He said excited.

“The clothes fit you nicely too.” The director said as he looked at the clothes.

“Is he done?” He asked the ladies.

“Yes, he’s all ready. His skin is naturally perfect so I didn’t put much makeup on him.

“Okay, he looks great.” He said pleased.

“So I don’t know if my assistant told you yet but we’ll pay you.” He said to Jongsuk.

“Pay me? I’ll get money if I help you.” Jongsuk said surprised.

“Of course. Not to mention the fame. Is it a deal?” He asked Jongsuk

“Mmhm~ but is it going to be hard?” Jongsuk was still worried.

“Of course not. All you have to do is pose for the camera.”

“Oh, okay then.” Jongsuk was so easy going. They walked over to the set in front of the camera. The photographer then started talking to Jongsuk for a bit.

“Is it ok for us to feature a stranger and not someone from the industry?” The assistant whispered to the director.

“Well unless he’s a prisoner on the loose it should be fine. He’s really good looking for someone that's not in the industry.” The director said back.

“I hope we wont get into any trouble with this month’s magazine issue. All of this is making me feel uneasy..” The assistant said worried.

“I don’t even know as of right now. If his photos come out okay then we’ll use it if not then let’s just forget about it all. If this issue is a bit fail then we have to work twice as hard for next month.” The director said worried.

“Hello, I’m Kim Kibum, your photographer for today. And you are?” He asked for a handshake.

“Lee Jongsuk.” Jongsuk shook his hand.

“Have you modeled before?” The photographer asked Jongsuk.

“No... I haven’t” He shook his head.

“Well it’s not that hard. The harder you try the worse it looks so just relax.” He said to Jongsuk.

“So why don’t you stand over there and lean against the wall. Don’t look into the camera lens. Just look over that way.” He pointed.

“Yes~” Jongsuk said as he went over to the spot.

‘Right here. lean against the wall.’He said in his head and glanced at the camera.

‘Don’t look at the lens. Look over there.’Jongsuk talked to himself in his mind.

“Relax and look cool!” Said the photographer.

‘Relax and look cool. Look cool? Oh! Like Woobin.’ Jongsuk smile and imitated Woobin’s face.

*click *He then heard a sound coming from the camera.

‘Oh he took the photo.’Jongsuk said in his head.

“Look more relax please. You look really angry right now.” He said to Jongsuk.

“Oh, yes~” Jongsuk chuckled.

‘Well Woobin does look angry most of the time.’Jongsuk can’t help but think. He then took a deep breath and let it all out.

“Relax.” Jongsuk said to himself.

*click *

“A lot better! Now look up somewhere else and put your hands in your pockets.” He said and Jongsuk just naturally followed his instructions. He just recalled all the magazines that he had seen and copied what they did.

‘Look far away. Smile. Maybe look that way now. Change my feet. Move my arms.’Jongsuk instructed himself.

“PERFECT! I like what you’re doing!” The photographer was really pleased with Jongsuk’s poses

“Oh look, he’s a natural at it.” The director said surprised. He looked really awkward at first but then everything turned out great.

“Okay! Let’s take a quick break!” The directed said since he wanted to have a good look at the photos so far.

“How are these photos? I think they turned out really well.” The photographer showed the director the photos he took.

“The first few look a bit awkward but the last couple of photos are perfect!” He said.

“Can I see them?!” Jongsuk waddled over excited.

“He’s cute.” The photography said smiling.

“Ohh~ I look cool.” Jongsuk said happily.

“Are you sure this is your first time modeling?” The director asked Jongsuk.

“Yes~ I haven’t done this before.” Jongsuk smiled.

“Director, I think he’ll be fine with the walk.” The photography said confidently.

“You sure? He just started.”

“Yeah, but he’s a natural at it.” He said back. Jongsuk had no idea what they were say but he still followed them with no complaint.

“So we’ll have you walk down the street and I’ll take your photo.”

“So you want me walking now?” Jongsuk wasn’t sure what he was suppose to do

“Yes but not just walking. Incorporate some posing but you don’t have to stop. Just act natural just like what you were doing earlier but walk towards the camera.” He said. After changing the location the director even did a demo for Jongsuk. He stood far away from the camera and slowly walked towards the camera with such cool vibe.

“Oohhh~ like that~” Jongsuk watched him.

“Do you think you can you do that?” The director asked him.

“Yes~ I can try.” Jongsuk took the challenge. He nervously stood in place and waited for the signal.

“Okay!” The photographer said and Jongsuk started walking.

‘Like this? Walking… walking... walking...’Jongsuk said in his head

“Stop! You’re walking a bit fast. Can you go back and try again?”

“Oh, yess~” Jongsuk nodded and rushed back to where he started.

“Huhh~ I didn’t do it right…” Jongsuk sighed.

“Also, just smile. It suits you better.” Said the photographer.

“Take a deep breath.” The director said since he noticed that he was all nervous again.

“Okay!” The photographer said and Jongsuk started again.

‘Relax~ don’t try too hard.’Jongsuk reminded himself and took his first step. Everything after that just flowed right through him without much thought.

“Good~ Touch your jacket.” The photographer said as he switch up the angle.

“Okay! Good! Let’s do it once more to see if we can get any better ones. You did great though so let’s do it one more time.” The photographer said.

“Wait. Where’s the film camera?!” The director shouted.

“Hurry up and record this for the film.” He said. Now there were two camera pointing at Jongsuk.

“You want me to do the same thing as before?” Jongsuk asked him as he nervously stared at both cameras.

“Yes, not exactly the same but you know the vibe.” He said.

“Okay start!” The shouted and Jongsuk did his walk again.

 

“Oh, he’s so handsome!” He heard someone say and turned to them. Right when he looked at the girls they shriek in which made Jongsuk smirk.

“Good! Loved that smile.” The photographer praised. Jongsuk was a bit embarrassed and when he turned he met eyes with the camera lens and smiled shyly again.

“OOHH~! I like how you looked at the camera and smiled!” The photographer praised him. Jongsuk was now fluster and was chuckling.

“Girls, he’ll be in the December edition” The director said to the girls.

“Okay, that’s it for this outfit!” the photographer said. They then quickly had Jongsuk change his clothes for the next shoot.

“Hurry up and fix his hair!” The director said.

“Thank you.” Jongsuk smiled shyly.

“His clothes!” The director pointed it out and another person came to fix his clothes.

“Thank you.” Jongsuk thanked him as well.

“He’s so polite and nice.” The director couldn’t help but notice.

“Huhh` was today this nice.” The director looked up to the sky and smiled. The shy was in a nice shade of blue with some white fluffy clouds floating around. The sun was out and shined brightly down at them.

“It is like and angle has visited us.” He said to himself. Everyone then moved the location over to a café at the corner.

“What would you like to drink?” Asked one of the staff.

“Umm, anything is fine…” Jongsuk said.

“Is a latte okay?” She asked him.

“Mmmh~” Jongsuk nodded.

“Ok, have a seat and just do whatever you want.” The photographer said.

“Okay then…” Jongsuk looked around and at the things on the table. He had a cup and a book in front of him. He relaxed and continued looking around as the pose. He then picked up the cup and was going to take a sip.

‘Should I? Or should I just pretend to drink it?’ He wondered. He then moved the cup to his lips and took a sip.

“Mmhm~” His eyes lightened up. The moved the cup away and smiled before the bubbled off his upper lip.

“Oh, do that again! The foam on your lips!” The photographer shouted all of a sudden.

“Yes? Have this on my lips?” Jongsuk was confused.

“Yes and don’t clean it. Then look at the camera and smile.” He said. Jongsuk did what he was told and took a sip out of the cup. He purposely let the bubbled touch his lips and then turned to the camera.

‘Smile~’He reminded himself and flashed a sweet smile.

“Great!” After that was done he wiped his lips with a napkin and continued with other different poses. He picked up the book and opened it only to realized that it was upside down.

“Ahh~ haha~” He chuckled embarrassed as he turned the book around.

“That’s good! Looking really cute.”

‘What is this book about?” Jongsuk tried reading some of the words but it was really difficult so he ended up playing with the book.

“Can you spin the book on your finger?” The director asked him.

“Spin the book on my finger?” Jongsuk wondered.

“Like this?” Jongsuk spun the book on his finger.

“Good~!” They continued to praised him. After a few more minutes they had him change into another outfit.

‘This is actually pretty fun.’ Jongsuk said to himself.

“Hello~” the film camera approached him.

“Oh, hello~” Jongsuk nodded is head. He stared deeply into the camera lens.

“Are you recording me?” He asked since he knew that this camera was recording for a video.

“Yes.” He made the camera nod.

“Why don’t you give a small introduction about yourself.” He asked Jongsuk.

“Introduction?” Jongsuk thought about it.

“Umm~ Hello, my name is Lee Jongsuk. Please take good care of me.” Jongsuk said smiling.

“Is there anything you want to say?” He asked him.

“Like what?” Jongsuk didn’t know what he was asking him for.

“How was today’s shoot?”

“It was fun. I was really nervous at first but then everything seemed to have been good so I had fun.” Jongsuk said. The short interview ended and then moved the set to somewhere else again.

“Someone give him a pair of sunglasses!” The director insisted. When the shoot there ended everything was done.

“Now that’s a wrap!. Good work everyone!” The director shouted and everyone clapped their hands. Jongsuk just looked around and clapped his hands as well.

“Thank you Jongsuk-sshi, it was great working with you.” The photographer shook Jongsuk’s hand again.

“Thank you.”

“Thank you Jongsuk” the director shook his hand again.

“I’m glad that I could help you.” He smiled.

‘Oh, I should hurry up and go to Woobin’s school!’ He just realized that he might be late. He wanted to run off but he remembered that he didn’t have his own clothes on plus his face and hair was different.

‘If Woobin sees me like this he might get mad…’Jongsuk thought about it.

“Ummm~ Excuse me. Can I change into my own clothes and fix myself.” Jongsuk asked the assistant.

“Of course, your clothes are still in the van.” He said and so Jongsuk dashed over to it and climbed in. He quickly took off all of his clothes and put his own clothes on. He stepped out as he put on his shoe.

“Now my face.” He hopped as he put his other shoe on as he tried to keep the backpack straps on his shoulders.

“Excuse me. How do I clean my face?” Jongsuk asked one of the people there.

“Oh, here’s some makeup wipes.” She handed it to him.

‘I need a mirror…’Jongsuk looked around. He then pulled out his phone and used it as a mirror. Once he erased all of the makeup he started to fix his hair. He hesitated at first since it looked so nice but he had to fix it.

“There!” Jongsuk smiled when he saw his usual look. He was going to leave when he remembered that the director said he’ll pay him. Jongsuk looked around and saw that everyone was busy cleaning up. He then saw Minkyo walking towards him.

“Excuse me. I was just wondering… Are you really going to give me money?” Jongsuk asked still very excited about it.

“Oh yes, in fact. Here.” He handed him a check.

“The director offered you this much since you deserved it. Is this enough?” He asked Jongsuk.

“This… This isn’t money.” Jongsuk pouted

“It’s a check. If you go to the bank they trade this in for the money. You’ve never seen a check before?” He asked Jongsuk. Jongsuk just shook his head.

“This is the amount.” He showed Jongsuk.

“Ahh~ this. I know.” Jongsuk said feeling embarrassed.

“So you go to this bank, it’s right down the corner, and you give them this. In exchange they’ll give you money.” He explained.

“Oh.. Thank you.” Jongsuk smiled widely as he stared at the piece of paper.

“Minkyo-ah!” Someone called for him.

“Coming.” The assistant yelled back and ran off.

‘So this is money… 1~ 2~ 3~ 4~ 5~ numbers. This must be a lot. I have to go to the bank!” Jongsuk said walked off.

“Oh where is the model? Where did he go?” They looked around for him.

“He was changing earlier.” Said one of the staff member.

“Did he just left? What about his payment.” The director asked around

“I just gave him his check. He was over… there.” The assistant looked around but didn’t see him.

“Ah, so he left then? Ayy~ Did anyone get his number?” The director asked but no one answered him.

“What if someone asked about him? All we know is his name and his face!” The director was upset.

“He had a backpack so maybe he goes to the university here?” Said the assistant.

“Maybe. Well if everything goes well we might have to find him again.” Said the director.