Shopping

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

Friday~

“Jongsuk-ah, do you want to go out today?” I wanted to take him out since he said he was getting more comfortable. Plus people were coming over to fix the pool house.

“You mean go out to the back yard?”

“No, I mean to go out and be next to other people.” I said hoping that he’ll say yes.

“Uhh…. I’m going to be in the car right?”

“Sure. I just want you to practice seeing other people.” I said. Plus I want him to feel the fresh air and experience something new and fun. He’s been for a while and I haven’t been able to take him anywhere. It just seems so boring for him to stay home all day. After breakfast we started getting ready to leave. Aunt Soonok couldn’t come today so it was going to boring either way. I have class late in the afternoon so I have plenty of time to show Jongsuk around. I haven’t gotten him shoes yet so yesterday I got him a pair so that he can walk outside comfortably.

“Really? These are for me?” He asked staring his new shoes.

“Mmhm~ How is it?” I asked him.

“Pretty.”

“Are they really mines?” He asked me.

“Of course. If you don’t like the style then we’ll go buy another pair.”

“No, it’s okay. They’re pretty! I like them.” He said holding his shoe as if it was something precious.

“Uh… go ahead and wear them.” I said trying not to laugh.

“Ohhh~ perfect size. Aren’t I amazing? I know you size right away.” I said proudly.

“Mmmhm~ Woobin is amazing!” He said making me laugh. Once we were ready we headed outside to the car. We first drove around some fresh air with the sunroof down near the forest. After a bit we went into the crowded streets. I had the sunroof up but the wind felt nice so I asked if he wanted to keep the windows down.

“Should I put the windows up?” I asked.

“I’m okay… It feels nice with the window down.” He said still looking happy.

“You can wear these if you want.” Handed him my sunglasses.

“Oh..” He wore them. He slid them down his nose once in a while since it was hard to see with the tint.

“Woobin… Can we go walk around?” Jongsuk finally decided.

“Of course.” I felt so happy.

“Let me park the car and we can walk around. Maybe go shopping as well.”

“Want to go to the mall? There are lots of stores there.” I suggested.

“Okay, Let’s go to the mall!” He said excited. I drove over to the mall and parked the car.

“So many cars.” He said looking around at the parking lot.

“This is where people park their car so that they could go shopping.” I explained. His head kept on turning since he had to look all around him.

“Be careful of cars and people, Jongsuk.” I said since he was just like a distracted little kid.

“Oh.” He immediately glanced around him when I said that. Once we got inside he was even more amazed.

“This place is huge!” He was amazed.

One of the stores neat the entrance was a sunglasses store, which was perfect for us.

“Ah let’s go buy sunglasses.”

“Huh?”

“You need your own pair. You can go pick them out yourself.” I said. We walked into the sunglasses store first to get him a pair.

“Woah~ why is there so many?” He was surprised when he saw all the sunglasses on display.

‘They’re all different styles so just go ahead and pick out ones that you like.” I said to him.

“They all look the same.” He said peering over to the counter.

“Here, take these off and go look around.” I said taking his sunglasses off.

“Hello~” The worker greeted us. He was a bit startled in which was cute in my eyes but probably strange for the worker.

“We’re just going to look around first. Oh wait, where are the newest styles?” I asked her. He was a bit nervous at first but he adapted quite well. He didn’t even have to hold onto me in which made me really proud of him. He was even able to take his sunglasses off and looked at the worker. The only problem was that he couldn’t decide on which pair of sunglasses to buy. It took him a while so the worker and I had to help him choose.

“This would really suit him and this one would suit you.” The worker took out two pair of sunglasses.

“Ohh, are these new?” I asked her as I handed one to Jongsuk and wore the other one.

“Yes, these just arrived in stores yesterday.” She said.

“How is it?” I asked Jongsuk.

“Mhmm~ but they all look the same.” He pouted.

“They’re different. We’ll get these then.” I said to the worker. Once we were done we went to the store next to it, which was a hat store.

‘We might spend all day just looking through a few stores.’ I said in my head.

“Woobin, how’s this one?” He pointed to a cap.

“That looks nice try it on to see if you like it.” I said.

“Can I?” He was worried.

“Yeah, go ahead.” I said. Once he wore it he went over to the mirror.

“Woobin, are you going to buy a hat?”

“Uhh, why don’t you pick one for me?”  I asked him.

“Oh~” He was really excited.

“Woobin, what color do you like? How about style? This one or that one?” He kept on asking and pointing.

“This one is fine.” I said picking up the one he pointed at and tried it on. After going through a few we finally decided on a cap for each of us. He then saw a mask and wanted to buy it as well. Once we were done he wore all of it on.

“Jongsuk-ah… Uhh… how about just the hat?” I said taking his sunglasses off.

“O-oh.” He pouted and took his mask off as well.

“Don’t worry. No one knows you so they won’t even look at you. Even if they do it’s because you’re good looking.” I said making him feel better.

“Oh okay. I feel fine since Woobin is with me.” He smiled.

“You’ve done a great job so far.”

“Come on, we don’t have much time to shop.” I said leading him to the next shop.

“Just tell me which store you want to go in and we’ll go.” I said.

“Then that store?” He pointed to a clothing store. When we were done I heard his stomach grumble.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him.

“A bit~” He said cutely.

“Let’s go eat then.” I said and so we went to the food court. After much though we settled down at a noodles place since that didn’t have any meat in it. I could tell that he was uncomfortable eating out. When we met eyes he just smiled brightly.

“Want some ice cream? You haven’t had soft served ice cream yet.” I asked.

“Oh.” He nodded. When we finished eating I got us red velvet ice cream since it looked pretty and good.

“Mmhm~ it just melts in my mouth!” He was so happy.

“It’s good.” I said tasting it myself.

“It’s sweet, cold, and… delicious~!” He smiled.

“There’s so much to try in the human world.” Jongsuk said softly. I just chuckled at his cuteness. We walked around as we ate our ice cream. I then started eating the cone and he stared right at me when I bit the cone.

“Oh… What are you eating?” He asked me.

“The cone.” I showed him.

“You can eat this part too. Not the paper though.” I explained.

“Woah~ really? It’s crunchy too?! Ice cream is amazing!” He said before biting the cone.

“Mmhmm~” He seemed so satisfied. I then started thinking of what else to buy.

“Ahh… you need a few more underwear. Did the ones I bought for you fit?” I asked since I haven’t asked him about it.

“Yeah they fit.” He nodded.

“Then let’s go into the undergarments store for some underwear.” I said. We finished our ice cream on the way and he seemed a bit sad.

“That was good.” He pouted.

“I’ll buy you more ice cream in the future. Too much would give you a tummy ache.

“Yes~ Woobin.” He grinned. When we got there though it was pretty awkward. Especially for two grown men going in there together.

“Hello, would you need any help?” The store clerk asked us.

“Hello, it’s okay. We can just find it ourselves.” Woobin said awkwardly.

“Yes, I understand. If you need any help then just ask me.”

“There are so many~” He looked around amazed once again. He then was going over to the female’s sections so I stopped him.

“Jongsuk, those are for women… Stay on this side.” I whispered to him.

“Oh, I see it now.” He smiled. After an embarrassing moment of just looking at underwear he finally found some that he liked. He picked out cute ones while I just got the plain ones.

“Woobin this is cute. You should get this one?” Jongsuk said casually. I noticed that the store clerk was looking and laughing at them.

‘Huhh~ all well.’ I just brush it off.

“I can just get these.” I said but he looked sad.

“Okay, I’ll get that too then.” I said getting that pattern in my size.

“I’ll get one too then.” He said surprising me.

‘Matching underwear…’ I blushed.

 “What are these?” He pointed.

“Those are boxers. They’re also underwear but more airy…” I didn’t know how to explain them.

“You need a few socks too.” I said going over to the socks. Once we were done I sighed and approached the counter.

“Would this be it?” She smiled.

“Yeah.” I said taking my card out.

“You two are really cute together.” She said surprising me.

“Ah… He just came to Seoul so he’s a bit…” I used that excuse.

“Ahh~ Aren’t you a good friend?” She giggled. Once we were done we continued shopping around. I secretly bought him swimming clothes since he will be needing them soon. We bought clothes, pajamas, shoes, and then more clothes until it was time for me to head to class. I noticed that he was walking really tiredly.

'He must not be used to walking this much.' I smield but I felt bad for him.

"You tired?" I asked him.

"Mmhm~" He pouted and massaged his legs.

“Oh! I can carry some of the bags.” He offered to hold some of the bag.

“It’s okay. I can carry these.” I said holding most of the bags and had him hold onto two light ones.

“Ohh…” He pouted.

“Woobin is it really okay to buy all of this.” He pouted as he looked at all the bags.

“We spent a lot of money already. All for me…” He felt bad.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s just money. I bought something for myself as well. It’s everything we need.” I said cheering him up. When we got to the car we set all the bags in the back seat.

“Huhh~ We accomplished a lot to day.” I smiled. It’s been a while since I’ve gone shopping and actually enjoyed it.

“Thank you Woobin” He smiled. We then got in and I drove off.

 “I’ll drive you home, drop you off and then head to school for class.” I said to him

“Um, Woobin. Can I go with you to your school?” He asked surprising me.

“My school? Really?” I asked again to be sure.

“Yes! I… want to see what Woobin’s school is like.”

“Well… I guess it’s okay. I only have a 50 minute lecture.”  I said thinking about it.

“Do you want to go inside the classroom with me?” I asked him since I think I can bring him easily.

“No, no it’s okay. I can stay in the car.” He insisted.

“I just want to look around. I don’t want to bother Woobin in class.” He said cutely.

“It’s not a bother.” I said but he really wanted to just stay in the car. I spent the entire time explaining him what he had to do when he’s in the car. When we got there I turned the engine off and handed him the car key and reminded him what I told him.

“If you want to stay in here then go ahead. If you want to go out make sure to lock the car. If you want to go back in the car then this is unlock. Keep the key with you at all times. Okay?” I explained

“Yeah~” He giggled.

“And don’t let anyone in. If someone talks to you just talk normal but don’t get too close since you don’t know them.” Woobin was quiet worried.

“Yes~”

“There shouldn’t be any bad people around so don’t panic.” I said worried about him.

“I’m going to be in that class room. I’ll sit next to the window so you’ll see me.” I pointed.

“Oh…” He nodded

“If anything call me. You remember how right?” I asked him.

“Yeah don’t worry Woobin~” He flashed me a smiled.

‘I don’t want to worry and I trust you but I can’t help but worry.’ I smiled.

“Okay, bye.” I ruffled his hair.

“Haha~ bye Woobin. See you later~” He giggled. I reached back grabbing my bag that had my laptop. I was going to leave but I felt so uneasy.

“Give me a kiss.” I said to him.

“Huh?” He stared at me.

“Kiss.” I tapped on my lips.

“Here?” He said looking around.

“No one is around yet no hurry before class ends.” I said to him.

“O-oh…” He glanced around and leaned over giving me a kiss. I smiled feeling his soft gently lips.

“Okay, thank you.” I patted his head and then caressed his face.

“I’ll be quick.” I said staring at him. He nodded and so I left feeling a bit better.

‘He gives kisses way too easily. I don’t know if I should be happy or worried.’ I said in my head. I looked back a few more times worried about him again.

‘What if he stays in there and suffocate?’ I worried.