Ducky The Hero

That Strange New Friend

Ducky’s POV

When Woobin left I was a bit nervous in being alone but it was okay. He had to figure out what was wrong because the boat was rocking too much.

“I should put my clothes on before Woobin yells at me.” I said to myself as I put the clothes back on. It took me a while but I remembered how to wear all of it. I then walked over to the window and looked out to the water.

“Woah~ the waves are really big and strong.” I said as I looked outside.

“Wait…” I just remembered something.

“So it is true…”

‘Whoever comes and goes from this island will face a great storm.’ I said in my head. It was a spell casted around the island in which no one would be able to get in or leave except for a certain date.

‘A-Are we going to… die?’ I panicked.

‘How did I forget about this?’ I blamed myself.

I made Woobin come back here. I got him into this trouble. Now he’s going to die because of me.’ I was shocked to the point I felt like crying.

“What should we do? What should I do?” I paced back and forth searching for a solution in my head.

‘Was there a way in the book?’ I tried remembering if there was a solution in the old book I had found.  I closed my eyes and tried remembering if I had read about it. Just when I was thinking the room was quiet and I began hearing something.

“W-what is that?” I opened my eyes and looked around.  It was very faint but I was sure there was a noise as if someone was talking.

“Who is it? It’s not Woobin.” I was for sure. I couldn’t heard what was being said but I was positive that I could hear better if I went out of the room. I hesitated but I urged myself that I should do it. I stumbled over to the door because the boat was rocking so much. I placed my hand on the handle and took a deep breath. I then turned the handle and pulled the door open. I looked on either side of the hallway before closing the door behind me. I closed my eyes and tried listening to the faint voice.

“Bl….~” This time was a bit clearer but I couldn’t understand the words.

‘Where is this voice coming from? Who does it belong to?’ I was so confused and scared.  I followed where I believe the voice was coming to the back of the boat. The wind was blowing  so hard and the sky was so dark. I stumbled over to the railing and held on because the boat was being pushed back and forth from the big waves.

“Blood~” a creepy voice like echoed through the wind.

“B-Blood?” I was surprised. I looked around but I didn’t see anyone. I then looked into the water.

 “Blood~ Blood~”

‘The water… The voice is coming from the water’ I realized that the voice was echoing from the water.

‘W-why blood? Who’s blood? H-how?’ I was so confused.

“E-excuse me!” I shouted but there was nothing

“Blood~” the voice continued.

“I-I don’t know what you mean!” I stuttered.

‘C-could it be that... t-the water…. Wants blood?’ I tried thinking but I was in such a panic that I didn’t know what to do.

‘But water doesn’t talk…’ I was still trying to think logically.

“The curse! The curse… is talking?” I thought about it and it did make sense if it was like that.

“Whose blood? My blood?” I was so confused.

“Blood~” The voice continued to chant.

‘Human blood? Merfolk blood? M-my blood? What am I?’ I was so rushed at the moment that everything confused me.

‘I-it must be anyone’s blood. As long as it’s blood, right?’  I finally decided on that thought and decided to give the… water my blood.

“Oh but how?” I looked at my body and then the things around me.

‘I need something sharp. Knife? Rock?’ I looked around but I couldn’t see anything. There was nothing there that I could cut myself with. I then rushed back to the room since there were a lot of things in there. When I stepped into the room I looked around.

“Bed? Chair? Table? Window?... Window! Glass!” I rushed over to the window but then I panicked since I didn’t know what to do then.

‘Should I just break it?’ I asked myself. My eyes then landed on the table.

‘Oh glass cup!’ I rushed over to the table and grabbed the glass cup before tossing it onto the floor. The cup shattered into many pieces and so I just grabbed the biggest piece and rushed out of the room. I went to the back, over to the water.

“You want blood right?” I shouted even though I knew there wouldn’t be a response. I held out my hand  and opened it up before bring my other hand with the glass shard next to it. I bit down on my bottom lip and closed my eyes before slashing the sharp edge into the palm of my hand.

‘Ah, it hurts’ I bit down on my lip trying to hold in the pain. I closed my hand tightly and opened my eyes to see if I had done it.  I opened my hand and saw bright red blood spilling out of the cut.

“Blood…” I did in fact cut myself and was bleeding a lot. The blood welled up on my hand and dripped into the water. It was painful but all I hoped for was to stop the curse. I made a fist with my wounded hand to squeeze as much blood out as I can.

“Ahh!” I groaned out loud from the stinging. So much blood was dripping out of my hand but I kept on worrying that it wasn’t enough.

“Please. Please work.” I begged as I let my blood drip into the sea. Just then the boat stopped rocking and the wind turning into a nice breeze.

‘D-did it really worked?’ I was surprised. I opened my eyes and saw that the dark clouds were dispersing. I looking into the water and saw that  it was calm as well. I dropped the glass shard into the water and smiled widely.

‘I-It worked!’ I was so amazed.

“Is this real?” I said to myself as I chuckled.

‘I… I stopped the storm.’ I said in my head proudly.

‘Woobin is going to be fine now.’ I smiled before holding onto the railing.

“Oh the boat isn’t rocking anymore but… why am I so wobbly?” I said to myself. My vision was getting blurry and my head was spinning. I just shook my head hoping that it would go away.

“I must go tell Woobin…” I tried walking but then I just fell over and out.

‘What’s going on?’ I asked myself. It was dark but I wasn’t scared. I actually felt really comfortable. It was like I was floating.

‘What happened?’ I remember that I was standing next to the railing after cutting my hand.

‘That’s right I stopped the storm.’ I recalled. I moved a bit and felt something against my back.

‘Where am I?’ I wondered.

“Ducky!” I heard my name being called.

“Are you awake?” It was Woobin’s voice. I used all my might and opened my eyes. My eyelids were very heavy but I managed to open my eyes.

“Oh. Woobin.” I saw him beside me, staring right at me worried.

“Oh thank god you’re okay.” He pulled me into a hug. I was a bit surprised but I was happy.

‘Only friends hug right? We’re friends~’ I smiled widely.

“I was so worried. You scared me Ducky.” Woobin continued hugging me.

“Are you okay? What happened?” He asked me as he released his hug. I then looked around and saw that I was on the big bed.

“How did I get here?” I asked him.

“I carried you here. When I found you, you were passed out  n the back of the boat.”

“Oh.. Ah that’s right. The storm stopped!” I smiled.

“I know that but why were you there. Why is you hand bleeding?” He asked me. I realized that he was holding my hand that has been wrapped up with a white cloth.

“Oh, I cut it.” I said shortly.

“You did it yourself?” Woobin seemed surprised.

“Yes.” I said shortly.

“Umm, why did you do that?” He said as he sat down beside me and helped me sit up.

“To stop the curse. The storm.” I said to him.

“What does the storm have to do with you cutting your hand?” He continued to ask me but I wasn’t sure how I could explain it to him.

“To stop the storm I had to give my blood.  It was asking for blood.” I said hopefully he understood me.

“What wanted your blood?”

“The curse. So I cut my hand with a piece of glass from the cup.” I pointed to the table.

“I then let the blood go into the water and then the storm stopped” I explained to him. He nodded as I spoke but he still seemed confused afterwards.

“Sorry, you don’t understand me.” I frowned.

“No, it’s fine. I understand you. I’m just sorting it out.” Woobin smiled.

“So you cut you hand so that you can give the curse, I assume, your blood so that the storm would stop?”

“Yes, if not then you would have died.” I said as I held onto his arm.

“Ohh, then you did it for me?” Woobin asked me.

“Yes.” I smiled shyly and looked down to the blanket.

“Thank you.” He said and patted my head making me happy.

“Are you okay now?” He asked me.

“I’m okay.” I nodded.

“Does it still hurt?” He pointed to my hand.

“A tiny bit.” I said back.

“I was so scared when I saw you on the floor.” Woobin said as he pulled the blanket over me more.

“I don’t know what happen. I got dizzy and weak.” I said trying to remember.

*grumble * my stomach grumbled.

“Oh, are you hungry?” Woobin chuckled.

“Y-yes~” I said embarrassed since it made such a loud sound.

“Huh~ guess it was because you were hungry and you lost so much blood.” Woobin smiled.

“That made me dizzy?” I asked him.

“Probably. Stay here okay. I’ll go get you food. And don’t leave without telling me again.

“Oh, yes~” I nodded before he left the room.

Woobin’s POV

“Huhh~” I sighed as I closed the door behind me.

‘He made sat there worried for him for 3 hours while he was unconscious when he just passed out from hunger and blood lost.’ I said in my head as I walked to the kitchen.

“What a relief. I thought he wouldn’t even wake up because of some sort of witchcraft. “ I said to myself with a smile. I walked into the kitchen and got a few plates with whatever food I could find.

‘He really likes salad and fruits so I’ll get him that.’ I said in my head. I went to get the cart and placed the plates onto the cart. Before going back to the room I went to check on my men.

“Everything is fine now?” I asked them.

“Yes. After the storm had miraculously stopped the rest of the way seems to be going smoothly.

‘All thanks to Ducky.’ I said in my head.

“How much longer till we get back?” I asked them.

“Since it seems like nothing else would happen. We’ll be back within 2 hours. A little bit sooner then we planned.” He said back.

“Oh okay. Oh and when you are able to make a call can you tell them to bring me my car.

“Which one should I asked them for?”

‘Which one would Ducky like?’ I wondered.

“The red convertible one. I’m going to ride it alone back to the house. You guys can just take whichever way you want to get back.” I said to them.

“Yes, sir.” They said back.

“Also tell them to quickly clean up my house. I have decided to stay there from now on.”

“The small house near to the main house?”

“Yes. Tell the workers to quickly clean it up. Bring everything that I will need to that house. I don’t care how many workers but I want it clean by the time I get back. Oh and I don’t want to see anyone there when I get back.”

“Oh okay. I will tell them to get the house ready and leave before you get there.”

“Yes, thanks beforehand. Just write the workers name down so that I can pay them.” I said

“Yes sir.” They said back. I then left and pushed the cart secretly to the bedroom. I opened the door and saw him sitting up staring right back at me. I just smiled since he looked like a puppy.

“Here you go. You must be starving.” I said pushing the cart in.

“It looks good!” He had a big smile and wide eyes. He was about to get up but I stopped him.

“Just stay there. You can eat in bed.” I told him.

“Can I really?” He smiled brightly.

“Yes.” I chuckled. I then got a plate and put a bit of everything on it before handing it to Ducky.

“Eat slowly.” I said and sat down beside him on the bed.

‘It’s good that you’re still cheerful. I really almost had a heart attack seeing you covered in blood.’ I said in my head as I glanced at his hand. I saw that he was struggling with his plate so I decided to help.

“Let me help you.” I said holding the plate and fork from him.

“Thank you Woobin-ah~” he said my name all cutesy.

‘Woobin-ah? I guess that’s okay. It’s just the two of us.’ I sneered and began feeding him.

“Is Woobin hungry?” He asked me.

“No, I’m fine. I ate earlier.” I said back to him.

“Let me get you some water.” I said getting up. I set the plate down and went to get him a glass of water. I glanced back and saw him picking some lettuce up with his injured-free hand and ate it like how a child would eat.

“Ha~” I giggled. I then walked back over to him with the glass of water.

“Eat slowly.” I said as I helped him drink some water.

“Oh,” He drank some water but then it spilled a bit since I tilted it too much.

“Ah, I’m sorry.” I rushed to get some paper towel.

*cough *

“I’m okay.” He said wiping his would with the back of his hand. I then used the napkin to wipe his mouth and his shirt.

“Oh, this is not my shirt.” He finally realized it.

“Yes, I changed your shirt since the other one had blood on it.” I said to him.

“Ah, I’m sorry Woobin. I dirtied your shirt.” He said with such a sad face.

“It’s okay. I have many, MANY shirts left.” I said cheering him up.

“Oh.” He smiled. I then continued feeding him the rest of the food. He seriously ate everything that I got him and I bet that he’s still hungry.

“Are you still hungry?” I asked him.

“Ummm, I’m okay.” He said staring at the empty plates.

‘He’s just being polite. I’ll get you some better food when we get on land.’ I said in my head.

“Are you tired? You want to go to sleep?” I asked him.

“I want to lie down, but I’m not sleepy.” He said shaking his head.

“Okay then just lay down and rest. We still have and hour left until we get to land.”

“How long is an hour?” He asked me as he looked up with doe eyes.

“Ummm, it’s kind of long but then it will seem pretty quick.” I tried explaining but I realized that I just sounded like an idiot.

“Oh.” He nodded.

‘He understood that?’ I was surprised.

“I’ll be back soon. I’m going to put these away.” I said to him.

“Okay Woobin-ah~” He said my name all cute again making me smile. I then left the room with the cart full of empty plates. I pushed it into the kitchen and placed the dishes into the sink.

‘Should I clean them as well so that they won’t suspect anything?’ I wondered. I decided to try to clean it so I turned the faucet on and placed the plate underneath the streaming water. When I pulled it out it seemed clean so I set it aside.

‘Well this isn’t so bad.’ I said as I did the same with the other plates. After finishing the plates one of my men stepped into the kitchen.

“Oh, are you looking for something sir?”

“He asked me.

“Umm, just washing my hands.” I lied.

“We’re almost back. Would you like me to start packing your belongings in your bedroom?

“Huh? Uh no I can do it!” I said immediately.

“Are you sure? I can do it.”

“NO! No, it’s fine. There’s only a few things.” I said before rushing out of the kitchen.

“I’ll hand you my bag when I’m done.” I said and rushed back to the room.

‘Am I acting too suspicious?’ I wondered. I didn’t think too much about it though. When I got back I saw that ducky was sleeping.

“Tsk~ and you said you weren’t sleepy.” I said to my self and giggled. I stared at him for a moment but then decided to start packing.

‘Where should I start?’ I wondered. I went into the closet and grabbed my bags to load my belongings. I just grabbed whatever I believed was mine and tossed it into the bag. First I started with the closet, then the bathroom, and then everything else in the bedroom. I walked over to the nightstand to get my notepad and couldn’t help but to look at Ducky. He was sleeping so peacefully. Instead of getting my notepad I just climbed on the bed beside him and watched him sleep.

‘I don’t think I’ve watched anyone or anything for this long.’ I said in my head as I fixed his bangs.

‘I wonder what you are dreaming about.’ I smiled as I played with his hair lightly.


Happy New Years everyone!

I enjoyed typing this chapter so hopefully you will enjoy reading it too.

I really can't wait to start the next chapter though.

Ducky is going to have his first car ride! >.<

If any of you have any ideas then please tell me.

Thanks for reading~! ^-^