Personal Space

That Strange New Friend

Woobin’s POV

We finally finished eat around 9:40. It took forever for us to finish eating. Mainly because of Ducky since he kept on eating and eating. When we were done I placed all the empty plates back on the cart and pushed it to the kitchen. There I met one of my men and so he cleared the cart for me.

“Umm I’m going to rest now. Don’t bother me unless it is necessary.” I said to them.

“Yes sir.” He gave me a nod before looked at the plates.

“Uhh, I was very hungry. The food was great.” I said awkwardly.

“Thank you sir. If you need anything else then just give me a call.” He said

“Oh when will we start heading back?” He asked me.

‘That’s a good question…’ I said in my head.

“Ummm. We’ll start heading back tomorrow morning since I’m done with my business” I said a bit unsure and worried.

“Yes, sir.”

“Okay. I will go to bed now” I said and went back to my room. When I came back I saw that he was looking out of the window. He looked like a puppy peering out of the window with his hands on the frame.

“What are you looking at?” I asked him as I closed the door

“The sky. It’s so pretty~” He giggled

“Did you usually see the sky before?” I asked him.

“Not really.” He shook his head.

“Merfolks are usually not allowed to come up to the surface. There might be humans and other uhh… scary dangerous creatures and at night the water gets really rough” He explained. I couldn’t help but to giggle at his cute way of explaining.

“But I assume you do it occasionally.” I chuckled.

“Maybe~” He giggled.

“It’s so pretty.” He did a little wiggle with a big smile.

“The moon and the stars are really pretty tonight.” I said in agreement.

“Oh Woobin is the sky like this too at you’re place?” He asked me.

“Here it looks a lot prettier. At my place you can’t see the stars that well.”

“Ohh” He said as he stared at the night sky. I stood there next to him and looked up to the stars with him.

‘Would you be mad at me if I took you away from this beautiful place?’ I said in my head as I looked at him. I wanted to tell him but I was scared that he wouldn’t want to go with me. I stood there hesitating to ask him. In the end I didn’t.

“Come on let’s go brush our teeth so that we could go to bed.” I said to him

“Hmm? Brush our teeth?” He touched his front teeth with his index finger.

“With what?” He asked innocently.

“With a toothbrush.” I giggled

“…. Why?” He seemed so confused.

“To clean them. Don’t merfolks clean their teeth before going to bed?”

“Uhh, they do clean their teeth but not by brushing.” He said confused.

“Well, every human brushes their teeth before going to bed, after waking up, and usually after every meal.”

“Oh..” He nodded.

“Come on I’ll show you.” I led him to the bathroom. We stood in front of the sink before I handed him the spare toothbrush.

“Hold it like this.” I showed him with my own toothbrush in my hand.

“Like this.” He copied me. I then squeezed some toothpaste on his toothbrush and then to mine.

“This is toothpaste. It’s like the shampoo but for your teeth.” I explained. He then sniffed it.

“It doesn’t smell like the shampoo.”

“Uhh.. yes.. but it cleans your teeth like how shampoo cleans your hair.”

“Ohh” He nodded. I turned the faucet on and told him to soak the tip a bit.

“Then do this on your teeth. Don’t swallow!” I warned him as I moved the toothbrush in small circles as an exampled.

“Okay. Like this?” He showed his teeth and moved the bristle part with the toothpaste against it in a circular motion.

“Yeah. Just brush all of your teeth however you like and bubbles will form.” I said before brushing my own teeth. He looked into the mirror and stared at his reflection as he carefully brushed his teeth. He then glanced over to my reflection and copied my actions. Whenever I opened my mouth he did the same, which made me smile.

“Hmmph~. Why do you do it so messily?” I spoke with a mouth full of foam and laughed at him. He looked at his reflection and pouted.

“It’s hard.” He pouted. He then tried to brush my teeth with his toothbrush.

“Yah, what are you doing?!” I shouted making him jump.

“We can’t share toothbrushes.” I said to him making frightened and sad. He looked down to his hands.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I was just surprised.”  I apologized before spatting into the sink.

“It’s oka- ahh~ Woobin-ahh~” He cried.

“W-what?”

“I-I swallowed it!” He panicked.

“Huhh? Uh i-it’s okay. Just rinse your mouth with water.” I handed him a cup of water. He swooshed the water in his mouth and spat it out.

“Will I be okay Woobin?” He asked me frantic.

“Yes, you’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it. It’s not that harmful to you.”

‘It isn’t right?’ I asked myself in my head.

“Really?” He calmed down.

“Yes…” I said. We then continued brushing out teeth peacefully. When we were done I finished showing him by washing our face and drying it with a towel.

“That’s it.” I said wiping my face.

“Every human does this?” He asked me.

“Yes, so that your teeth stay healthy.” I said as I hung my towel up.

“What about human babies?” He asked.

“Except babies. Babies don’t even have teeth yet.

“Oh.” He giggled. I then realized that he was still holding onto his toothbrush.

“From now on that’s yours” I said to him

“Oh, really?” He said with big eyes and a huge smile.

‘Is he that happy?’ I wondered

“My very first teethbrush.”

“Toothbrush.” I corrected him.

“Toothbrush~!” He smiled widely as he held onto his toothbrush tightly.

“You can put it in here” I pointed to the container in which my toothbrush was in.

“Oh. Next to Woobin’s toothbrush.” He said putting it.

“You’re is the blue one and mine is the green one. Got it?” I asked him

“Bl.. ahh it’s the color right?” He smiled after figuring it out.

“Yes. This color is blue.” I held up his toothbrush.

“Blue~!” He said sticking his pink lips out.

“This color is green.”

“Green~!” He said happily.

“Blue! Green!” He pointed and repeated.

“That’s right. It’s such a surprise that you know how to talk yet you don’t know colors.” I said with a smirk.

“I know them. I just learned talking more.” He said softly.

“Okay come on.” I said walking out of the bathroom.

“Woobin-ah~” He called out to me.

“Where did you learn to call me like that?” I asked him.

“From your friends~” He giggled.

“Huhhh~ okay you can call me that for now.” I said to him and smile. He sounded so cute that I couldn’t go harsh on him.

“What did you want?” I asked him. He then crossed his leg uncomfortably and bit down on his bottom lip.

“I have to go…” He said shyly.

‘Go…?’ It felt like a ton just fell on top of me.

‘I have to teach him that too…’ I said in my head

“Uhhh in here. You just pull your pants off and point your… that.” I pointed to his crotch quickly.

“Into here and pee.” I pointed to the toilet bowl.

“Ohh.” He nodded.

“Once you’re done just press this and the pee will go somewhere else.”

“Where does it go?” He asked me.

“Uhh. It goes into a different container. That’s all you have to know.” I explained briefly.

“Oh okay.” He smiled.

“Woobin I have to poop too.” He said making me jump.

“Uhhh….” I was getting a bit awkward with him.

“Isn’t that what you call it? When you have to-“

“No!... I mean yes. I know what you meant…” I said to him.

‘How do I explain this?’ I was a bit frustrated.

“Huh~ well…”

20 minutes later

*flush *

‘I wonder if he doing it alright’ I said in my head as I as down on the bed. After a little bit long I heard him fumbling with the doorknob.

“Did you wash your hands?!” I asked him.

“Ah I forgot!” He yelled. I just shook my head and chuckled at him. I then heard the door know being fumbled again and so I got up and opened the door for him. When I opened the door his looked up to me surprised.

“I almost did it.” He pouted.

“Of course you did.” I grinned. I turn the ventilation fan on and took a peek inside to see if  everything was alright.

'Phew~ it’s a good thing I used the bathroom before him already’ I said before closing the door behind him. I’m not blaming him though. Everyone’s business number two would stink.

“Was everything okay?” I asked him.

“Mmhhm~” He nodded.

“Can you tie this?” He held out the string to his pants.

“Oh.” I leaned down and began tying a little bow against his waist.

“What are we going to do now?” He asked me excited but I can tell from his eyes that he was tired.

“Well I guess we could go to sleep.” I said since I felt really tired as well. Today’s diving was swimming was a bit of a work out. If I knew he was already here I wouldn’t have gone looking for him.

“Sleep?” His eyes lit up and he turn to stare at the bed with a huge smile.

“Here~?” He pointed to the bed.

“Ha~ you like the bed that much?” I asked him

“MMHM~!” he nodded continuously.

“I like it. I like it very much!” He said excited.

“Well you can sleep here and I could go sleep in the other room.” I said since there was a spare room. Two guys sleeping together is just… uncomfortable.

“WHY?!” He was surprised when I said that

“Can’t you sleep here with me? The bed can fit at least three more people.” He pouted.

“But…”

“Please Woobin-ah” He cut me off and pouted.

‘How can I say ‘no’ to this face? I don’t think ‘no’ is even an option.’ I said in my head.

“Huhh~ okay. I’m going to sleep on this side and you’re going to sleep on that side.

“Okay~!” He shouted before jumping on top of the bed. He just giggled as he buried his face into the thick soft blanket.

“Tsk~” I sneered at him. I went over to my side and climbed in underneath the blanket.

“It’s better underneath.” I said to him. He lifted his head and looked at me.

“Oh.” He climbed up and moved his long limbs underneath the blanket.

“It’s so soft and…” It seems like he didn’t know what word to say.

“Comfortable?” I giggled.

“good feeling~” He chuckled. He then dropped back and laid down on the pillow.

“Do you want to go to sleep yet?” I asked him.

“Mhmm” He shook his head.

“Is Woobin going to sleep yet?” He said as he hugged me.

“Ah-ah! No hugging.” I said prying his hands off of me.

“Why?” He pouted.

“Men don’t hug each other.” I said shortly.

“… Why?” He kept on asking.

“Because…” I didn’t know how to explain it.

“Everyone needs some personal space.” I explained it in a simple way.

“You don’t like it when I close to you?” He pouted sadly.

“It’s not that I don’t like it. Its just that we shouldn’t touch.” I tried explaining in nice and easy words.

“I think I understand.” He said with a small smile.

“That’s good.” I smiled back at him.

“What do you want to do?” I asked him. He shook his head from side to side before lying down.

“Nothing~” He giggled. I smiled at him before reaching over to pat his head.

“Just what have you been doing that tired you out?” I giggled.

“Ummm I did many things.” He said with heavy eyelids.

“Of course you did.” I giggled. I retreated my hand realizing that we had just talked about personal space. I then reached of the switches next to the headboard and turned the lamp on my nightstand on before turning the main lights off.

“Oh!” He seemed surprised.

“Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Yes. That’s so interesting.” He leaned over me and stared at the light bulb.

“Be careful don’t blind yourself.” I said pushing him back.

“Blind?” He was confused.

“Blind means that you wouldn’t be able to see. The light bulb is really bright; I don’t want it to hurt your eyes.” I explained.

“Ohhh~” He nodded before lying back down. I decided to read a book that was part of an assignment that I had to do this week for literature. I opened the nightstand and took the book out.

“What are you doing?” He sat up again and stared at my book.

“I’m going to read a book.” I said to him.

“A book! I’ve never seen a real human book before.” He scooted over to my side and stared at the book.

‘Hmph~ he’s too cute and curious. We just talked about personal space and he forgot it already.’ I giggled inside my head as I looked over to him. In a split second I just gave in and moved closer to him. I let him lean against my arm as I showed him the book.

“I have to read this book for school Can you read?” I asked him.

“I only know a tiny bit” He pouted.

“Do you want me to read it to you?” I asked him.

“Yes~!” He said happily before hugging onto my arm and rested his head on my shoulder. Instead of being all mad and stuffy I felt happy that he was hugging onto me. It felt really good. I then began telling him about the story. I usually hate talking but I was fine explain to him the story. After telling him the story up to where I left off I started reading chapter 5 to him. Once in a while I would glance over to him to see him staring deeply into the book. Every time I peeked at him he still has a smile on his face. I would never get tired of seeing his smile.