Swimming All Day Everyday

That Strange New Friend

So did anyone see the new mermaid kdrama "The Legend of the Blue Sea"?

They totally copied my idea with the quick healing! (said in a sassy tone)

Haha~ I’m not serious though. It’s cool that it was actually in the drama.

I guess my idea was on point then. Or was I inspired... I don't even know.

Maybe I should be a director or whoever that comes up with drama ideas XD


Jongsuk’s POV

I swam down to the bottom of the pool touching the slippery bottom. I haven’t really done anything different the entire time but it felt nice swimming again.

‘I never thought I would say this but swimming is fun. I missed it so much.’ I said in my head.

“Jongsuk-ah~!” I heard my name being called. I swam up to the surface to see why Woobin called me.

“Yes~” I answered as my head got out of the water.

“I’m going to turn the lights on since its dark.” He said.

“Yes~” I said. I didn’t even noticed it  but it was already getting late and was dark outside. I watched him pressing some buttons and lights inside the pool .

“Oh, so those were lights~” I was surprised. The pool looked really pretty. I looked up to the dark sky as I floated on my back.

“I don’t see any stars~” I pouted. I then glanced over to Woobin who went back to the table where he was doing his homework. It was dark so I wondered why he didn’t turn the light on over there.

“Woobin-ah, isn’t it dark there?” I asked him.

“Yeah but isn’t it pretty like this with just the pool lighten up?” He said smiling.

“Mmhm.. Pretty but Woobin won’t be able to work.” I said worried.

“It’s okay. I’m done for today. I want to swim with you again.” He said taking his bathrobe off.

“Oh really?” I was excited. I swam over the edge next to him and waited. He then jumped right in making a big splash. I giggled as I swam over to him and hugged his waist. We played around for a bit underwater before going up for sir.

“So are you happy now that you can swim again?” He asked me.

“Yes~ I do want to try new things too but swimming… I missed it.” I said shyly. He reached over and fixed my hair in which I don’t know why because it’s going to get messy again later.

“Aren’t you cold or tired? You’ve been swimming all day.” He asked me.

“No. Just a bit bored.” I said the truth. When swimming in the big  ocean there are fishes and all kinds of coral but here. It’s kind of plain. All there is, is water.

“Boring…” It looked like he was thinking about something.

“Sorry. Ummm maybe we can do something next time to make it more fun.” He said making me smile.

“Mmhm~” I nodded.

“Jongsuk-ah, how do you feel when I talk about your… past?” He asked me suddenly

“Past?”

“Uhh~ it’s okay.” I said since I thought he would be curious. Everyone is curious about everything. I might be a bit uncomfortable but if it’s Woobin I’m okay with it.

“Let’s go over here.” Woobin said as he swam over to the seats that were underwater.

“Are we just going to sit?” I asked him.

“Yeah but wait for it.” Woobin said climbing out.

‘What will he do?’ I wondered.

“Ready?” He looked at me.

“Maybe…” I said confused. Just then the water started bubbling.

“Oh!” I was surprised.

“It’s okay.” Woobin said to me.

“What’s happening?” I wondered. The water got warmer as well.

‘Isn’t there water like this somewhere?’ I remember hearing about certain areas where the water is warm and bubbling.

“How does this feel?” Woobin asked as he got in.

“It’s interesting.” I said feeling the bubbles against my body. It tickled and felt weird but I like it.

“This water is suppose to make you feel good and relaxed.” Woobin said sitting down. I sat down beside him playing with the water.

“Isn’t it too hot?” I asked since it was getting really warm.

“You don’t like it?”

“It’s okay… I like it.” I smiled. I wasn’t really use to such warm water but it felt nice. It was really relaxing like Woobin said. The soft music playing really fit in right now.

“So Jongsuk-ah.” He said.

“Yes?” I turned to him

“I have a lot of questions and very curious about your past.” He started saying.

“What questions do you want to ask?” I asked him.

“Ummm…Where should I start?” He said looking up to the sky.

‘He’s going to ask about my tail isn’t he? It’s the only thing that humans are interested in.’ I said in my head since I’ve read about it.

“What did you do on your spare time?” He asked making me surprised.

‘He didn’t ask about my tail… He asked what I like to do.’ I smiled since I felt happy about his question.

‘I knew Woobin was different.’ I said in my head proudly.

“I just swam around, went looking for strange objects, and just reading.” I explained.

“Do you go to school?”

“Mmhm~ there’s school. I don’t have any friends unlike Woobin.” I said shyly. Besides I enjoyed spending time alone.

“Why? You’re really nice and good looking. None of the mermaids were interested in you?” He asked me.

“No~” I giggled embarrassed.

“I’m… I’m like and outsider. I don’t have any parents. My interest is weird and my hair and eyes are brown.” I said shyly.

“Oh? Merfolks aren’t suppose to have brown hair and eyes?” He asked surprised.

“Uhh, there are some but those who have  brown hair and eyes are treated bad. It means that they live near the surface. Also they look too much like humans.”

“Really? Then what hair and eye color should they have?”

“Their eyes are really pretty. They’re clear and shiny like crystals. Their hair is also light colored.” I said remember how they looked.

“Your eyes are pretty.” He said making me turn to him.

“Real…ly?” I asked him feeling nervous all of a sudden.

“Mmhm~ It’s ridiculous that they judge you by your appearance. There are humans with light hair and eyes too so don’t they look like some humans as well.” He said back

“Oh… I guess.” I smiled.

“Huhh~” Woobin sighed as he closed his eyes and leaned back.

“Are you tired Woobin?” I asked him.

“Not really. It just feels so good and relaxing. Today is such a lazy day.” He said.

“Ughh~!” He groaned and hugged me out of nowhere.

“Let me hug you for a bit.” He said resting his head on my shoulder.

“Sure. Just rest for a bit Woobin.” I said hugging him carefully. He was moving around a bit but then he remained still. I smiled the entire time since it felt nice hugging Woobin.

‘Is he going to sleep? Will that be okay when he’s in the water?’ I wondered.

‘Don’t I have to give him a kiss before he sleeps?’ I had so many questions since I was doing nothing. For some reason my heart was racing.  I glanced over and saw the top of Woobin’s head right against my chin.

‘We’re so close.’ I just realized it. I’ve never been so close to anyone so I always felt a bit lonely but now I have Woobin. We get to hug each other everyday and kiss… Just thinking about kissing made my heart beat even faster.

‘Why am I feeling so nervous?’ I wondered. I then started feeling dizzy and it was hard to breathe. I closed my eyes for a bit and then when I opened them I saw a white ceiling.

‘Oh? It’s not the night sky…’ I felt really tired. I realized that I was in our bedroom and it was sunny out.

“What happened?” I was confused. I then felt something on my forehead. It was a small towel.

‘What’s this for?’ I was so confused. I looked beside me and saw Woobin sleeping just like our usual morning.

‘Weren’t we in the pool?’ I tried remembering but there was nothing.

“Oh, you’re awake?” Woobin sat up beside me

“Yes…”

“What happened? Weren’t we in the pool?” I asked him

“Yeah. We were in the pool last night but then you passed out.” He said

“Passed out?” I was surprised.

“How are you feeling right now?” He said placing his hand on my forehead.

“I feel okay now. I did feel a bit dizzy last night…” Now that I remember.

“If you didn’t feel well you should have told me. It was probably because you were in the water too long and it was really hot.” He said

“Oh…” I nodded.

“You don’t know how worried I was.” He seemed mad.

“Sorry~…” I pouted.

“It’s okay. If you feel uncomfortable or sick then just say so.” He said with a worried look.

“Yes~ Woobin. Continue sleeping.” I said helping him lie back down.

“Mmhm~ Okay~” He groaned as he hugged onto me. I couldn’t move away so I just stayed like that.

“Why don’t you ever fight back?” I heard him say.

“Hmm?” I didn’t understand him.

“Why are you so easy?” He said pushing me back and stared at me.

“Easy?

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“Huhh~ Nevermind.” He sighed and continued hugging me.

“No~ what do you mean~?” I was curious.

“Sleep~” He shushed me making me pout.

Woobin’s POV

After a nice long sleep we finally got up.  Although he passed out last night I wasn’t that much worried about him right now. He seems to be all better now. Even though it’s Sunday I had to go somewhere today. I have to go take care of some “business”. I went outside and went into the car that was waiting for me. I was too lazy to drive today so I called for some assistance.

 “Drive me to the toy store in the mall.” I told them.

“Why are you going to the toy store?” they asked me.

“What do you think? To buy toys!” I said as I check on my inbox on my phone.

“Have you told anyone what we did that day?” I asked them since they were the ones with me on the boat that picked up Jongsuk.

“Of course not. Only the madam knows about the trip.” He said.

“Good~” I smiled.

“Actually tell me what you know.” I asked them since I was curious if they knew about Jongsuk. In the ended the didn’t. I was quite surprised though.

“Well if ‘The Madam’ ask you where I live just say that you don’t know. If I see her there then at least one of you two will have to be responsible for it.” I threatened them.

“Yes, young master.”

“Ayy~ how many times do I have to say to just call me Woobin?” I said to them.

“Sorry.” They apologized making me laugh. Jongsuk seemed bored just swimming around so I decided to buy him some pool stuff and toys to entertain him. When we got there I just went right to the pool stuffs are and just briefly scanned everything.

“Let’s get that.” I pointed to whatever I wanted.

“Those too since they’re cute.” I continued pointing. After walking around and buying all the fun swimming gears/floaties we went over to the toys.  I practically picked out toys that Jongsuk would like mostly those that can be played in water.

“Ohh~ Rubber Duckies! These are a must” I said looking through the box.

‘Little Jongsuks.’ I laughed.

“Buying.” I handed to them. Once I was done I paid it with my card and we headed back.

“Take these to the back and enter the pool house. The door should be open so set everything up and then you can just leave.” I told them.

“Yes, Woobin.” They said but of course they looked confused.

“Don’t question it.  I’m not the one playing with them.” I said to them.

“I understand.” They said and walked to the back. I then went inside welcomed by Jongsuk.

“Welcome home~” He said happily.

“I’m back. With a present~” I said  holding up a bag.

“Oh? What’s that?” He rushed over just for the bag.

‘Hmmm, I can’t let you have so easily.’ I said in my head.

“Is Auntie Soonok still here?” I asked him.

“No, she just left after making food.” He explained.

“Ahh~” I smiled.

“Kiss, kiss.” I leaned forward.

“Why?” He questioned.

“You don’t want the present?” I asked him.

“Okay~” He whined.

“I leaned over and waited for the kiss. He gave me a quick peck making me smile immediately.

“It’s been a while since we’ve done an adult kiss.” I said teasing him. He was all shy when I mentioned it.

“Can I get my present now?” He just changed the topic.

“Okay. But I get to play with you.” I said bring the bag over to the living room I sat down on the couched and took out the box.

“Look, it’s an RC car.” I showed him

“R-R… C… car?” He tried repeating me.

“This is a car?” He stared at it. He looked confused though.

“What’s the matter?” I asked him.

“Why is it so small? Who can drive it?” He asked me.

“It’s a toy silly. There’s a remote controller that you can use to make it drive around.” I said to him.

“Remote? Like this one?” He held up the TV remote.

“Yeah something like that. Here let me open it and show you.” I said taking the car out. This was a premade one so it was pretty pricey but it looks amazing. Once I took it out I finally had a good look at it.

“Just look at the details.” I said and showed Jongsuk.

“It’s so small. How cute~” He smiled. I opened the bottom and put the batteries into the car.

“Here hold it.” I handed it to him so that I could assemble the remote control. 

“See this is the controller. These buttons move the car as if someone is driving it.” I showed him.

“Ohhh~ so it moves like a real car? Like Woobin’s car?” He asked.

“Yup. Just give me a minute.” I said opening the back to put the batteries in.

“Okay, can you put the car on the floor.” I told him.

“Yes~” He listened to me. I then lightly pushed the switches and the car moved backwards.

“Ohh!” He pulled his feet up on the couch since the car moved towards him.

“Haha~ sorry.” I hugged him.

“Look at this. If I push it forward…” I did it and the car zoomed across the room.

“Woah~!” He was amazed.  We ended up playing while eating dinner. As I was playing with the car I received a message from the two friends saying that everything in the pool house was set up.

‘Okay, thanks.’ I texted back to him. When dinner was over I let Jongsuk play with the controller for a bit. The car got it rough but it’s alright as long as Jongsuk is having fun. After waiting for the food to digest we were all set.

“Jongsuk-ah can I play with it for a bit?” I asked for the controller.

“Yes~” He handed it over easily. I drove the car close to me and placed a piece of chocolate truffle on it secretively.

“What are you doing?” He asked me. I then drove the car out so that he could see it.

“Guess what that is.” I said to him.

“Oh, what is it?!” He immediately was excited and curious.

“It’s something you can eat.” I said as I drove the car over to the hallway.

“Where is it going?” He pouted.

“If you want to eat it then go get it.” I said to him. He jumped on top his feel and speeded over to the car. I then drove the car down the hallway.

“Ah~ Woobin-ah~” He whined as he followed the car.

“Go get it.” I got up and followed him quickly so that I could keep the car moving. Once it reached the hallway I made it turn towards the pool house.

“Where is it going?” Jongsuk complained.

“Keep going.” I said focusing on the car. Right when it reached the door I made it turn and made a full stop.

“Ohh~ that was a cool trick.” I said to myself proudly.

“I got it!” He picked up the truffle.

“Is it candy?” He asked me as I walked over to him.

“Mhmm~ it’s chocolate. Go ahead and eat it.” I said to him. He quickly opened the wrapper and plopped the entire ball of chocolate into his mouth.

“Mmhm~” He wiggled his in happiness. He then stared at me and his smile disappeared.

“What about Woobin? Do you not have any chocolate for yourself?” He asked with one side of his cheek sticking out from the truffle.

“I’m okay. Thanks for worrying.” I patted his head.

“You can share it like this.” I gave in a kiss on the lips. I couldn’t really taste the chocolate but I can smell the sweetness of the chocloate. When I looked at him he just acted all shy which was adorable.

“Let’s go inside.” I said to him.

“Inside? Are we going to swim?” He asked smiling.

“Mmhm~” I grinned widely. I couldn’t wait to see him surprised once again.

“Open the door.” I told him. He picked the car up and opened the door.

“Right when he saw everything his eyes widen and jaw dropped.

“Mmhm~ “ He quickly closed his mouth almost losing the chocolate in his mouth.

“Mmhm~ Woobin!” He stared at me and then at all the toys.

“Surprise~!” I chuckled.

“What’s all of this?” He asked me as he covering his mouth with his hand.

“Toys for you to play with when swimming.” I said.

“Really? There’s so much.” He rushed over to see everything up close.

“Mhmm~ you can paly with all of it except for the RC car. It’ can’t go it water.” I said setting it aside.

“Oh! Ducks. Me!” He shouted as he pointed to the rubber duckies floating in the pool. I was confused at first but then I realized what he meant..

“Ah~ because I called you Ducky” I laughed.

“Yeah, they’re your family.” I said. He then went to the other animal toys and examined them all.

“Are they all toys? Are they not alive?” He asked me.

“No… Ummm if you want alive ones then we can get a pet sometime in the future.” I said since I have thought about getting him a friend. He spends most of his time at home so I wanted something or someone to keep him company while I’m at school and a work later in the future since I’m graduating.

“What are these?” He held up the water guns.

“These you can spray water.” I showed him how to do it.

“Ohhh~.” He was amazed. And with that we got into a water gun fight.

“Ahh~ we’re both all wet and we didn’t change yet.” I said forgetting that we had to change.

“Where’s my clothes?” He asked anxious.

“They’re in there.” I pointed over to the shower room.

“Let’s go change.” Pulled me making me run.

“Oh, don’t run the floor is wet and slippery.” I said in which he slowed down.

Once we were all changed he jumped right into the pool. Yesterdays he seems all timid and shy  but today he just went right in with a ton of energy. I followed right behind him with a big grin since I was glad that he was having fun now.

“Woobin, what are these?” He held onto the giant donut floatie.

“That’s to help you float. You can go in the middle of it and hug onto it or just sit on top of it.” I explained.

“How?” He was confused. I then helped him get into the middle and pushed him around.

“Ohhh~” He was fascinated by it. He then paddled over to the rubber duckies and played with them.

“What sound does a duck make?” I asked him.

“… I don’t know… I’ve never met one.” He said innocently.

“Quack~ Quack~” I said to him.

“Ohh~ Quack quack” He giggled.

“How many are there?” I asked testing his knowledge.

“1 Big duck and 1~ 2~ 3~ 4~ 5~ little ducks.” He counted. As we played around with the toys I tested his knowledge and he was really smart.

“Oh these don’t float.” He put the horse toy in the water and it sank to the bottom of the pool.

“These aren’t the floating ones but I thought you might like them so I bought it.

“Should we play a game with these then?” I just thought of a game that we could play.

“Lets name an animal and then we’ll go look for it at the bottom of the pool.” I explained.

“Yes!” He liked my idea.

“You want to name one first?” I asked him.

“Ummm~ dog!” He said loudly. He dove right in and went looking for it underwater as for me I looked from above the water first. I was too slow though because Jongsuk already came back up with it.

“Woah~ I am definitely no match for you.” I laughed. I never thought I would see a grown up man playing with little toys that were meant for bath time. But I guess Jongsuk is different. He is technically a child in this new world.

“Are you having fun now?” I asked him even though I could clearly see it.

“Yess~ Thank you Woobin.” He said as he swam over to me.

‘Is he going to give me a hug? Maybe a kiss?’ I had my hopes up.

“There~” He raised his arms up and placed the toy dog on top of my head.

“Arf~” He tried barking like a dog.

“A dog goes mong mong~” I said to him.

“Mong mong? Really?” He seemed confused.

“That’s what everyone is taught. I don’t know.” I laughed. We then continued playing as the sun set.


Why did I make him so cute~?

I can't wait to share more cute moments of him with you guys!

Thank you for reading~