I'm Not an Idiot

That Strange New Friend

Ducky’s POV

Woobin bought so many things to eat. Some were salty and some were sweet. Some were hot and some were cold. All of them were good though. When we finished eating Woobin continue driving the car to his home. I am so excited to see his house.

“We’re almost there.” Woobin said as he drove the car.

“Am I really going to living there?” I asked him.

“Yes, unless you don’t want to.” He chuckled.

“No, I’ll live in your house.” I said back smiling.

“You see that house over there? That’s my parent’s house.” He stopped the car and pointed.

“Woah it’s really big.” I stared out of the window on Woobin’s side.

“You live there with your umma and appa in there?”

“Yes and I have a younger sister.” He said to me.

“Ohhh~” I nodded.

‘I hope his family members are nice like him.’ I said in my head. He then continued driving. We past by a bunch of trees as we followed the rock trail.

“Wow~ there are so many trees.” I stared around the area.

“We’re going down there and live in that house over there.” He pointed to the front. There was a tiny house in a distance.

“It will be just me and you?” I asked.

“Yeah, for now. I don’t know what we should do.” He sighed as he continued driving.

‘I’m causing trouble for him aren’t I?’ I felt bad.

“This place is perfect because it’s isolated from the busy street. No one will go in here unless they are trying to get to the house.” Woobin said to me.

“Oh,” I nodded.

“What’s the matter?” He asked me.

“Huhh? Ummm, it’s hard for Woobin isn’t it. I am trouble for you.” I said straight out since I wanted to see how I could lessen the burden for him.

“Oh no, it’s okay. What are you talking about?” He said glancing at me once in a while.

“I’m not an idiot.” I pouted. I knew that he was treating me like a child since I didn’t know much about humans but I do know common sense. He’s clearly having a difficult time caring for me.

“Tsk~ where did you learned that?” He sneered.

“It’s not a burden to me. I want to do this. I want to you to be near me… I want to care for you… You seem to be really interesting and so I want to help you.” He said making me feel happy.

‘It’s not a dream right? He’s really nice’ I smiled.

“You don’t have to do a lot for me. I will learn and become a normal human.” I said. I didn’t want Woobin to take care of me forever.

“Okay but for now you’re under my care.” He smirked.

“I’m not a baby either.” I pouted and turned my head away.

“No you’re not. You’re a giant toddler.” He chuckled. I didn’t want to argue with him. It was pretty funny though.

“We’re here!” He stopped the car. The tiny house that I saw was now a big house right in front of me.

“Wow~ why is it so big?” I leaned forward and stared to the very top of the house.

“Yes, it’s the spare house that we have.” Woobin said taking his belt off. I took mines off as well copying him. When he got out of the car I did as well. I didn’t forget my toothbrush though. I grabbed it before I closed the car door. Beneath my feet were some rocks. He rushed over to my side immediately probably because he thought that it would be painful for me to walk.

“Haha~ you’re not gonna let that toothbrush go aren’t you.” He laughed.

“Its because its mine.” I said once again.

“Okay- okay. Let me carry you.” He offered.

“I can walk.” I said back.

“Just stay still.”  He said and lifted me up in his arms. We seriously treats me like child and I feel bad about it.

“Am I heavy?” I asked as he walked towards the house.

“No.” He shook his head with a smile. I returned a smile before fixating on the big house.

‘There are so many windows. Oh and the door is right there.’ I stared at the door excited. He then set my down on my feet right in front of the door.

“Do you want to open the door?”

“Yes!” I said excited. He stood behind me and showed me what to do.

“For this door you need to press in the password.” He open a tiny box on the door and there appears to be numbers.

“Do you know your numbers?” He asked me.

“Yes, I learned all the way up to one hundred.” I said proudly.

“Really? Well you don’t have to learn much more then.” He said happily.

“The passcode is 36…24…34…” He said as he helping me with my numbers just in case I didn’t know. With every button I press the door made a sound. When I finished the door made a different sound.

“That sound means that the door is unlocked now. Turn the handle.” He told me.

“Okay, oh but what does the numbers mean?” I asked him.

“Huhh… Oh uh nothing. They’re just numbers haha~” He laughed nervously.

‘What’s wrong with him?’ I wondered. I held onto the handle and turned it to open the door. It creaked as the door opened letting the sunlight into the house.

“Woah~” My eyes widen when everything was revealed in front of me. I then looked back to Woobin.

“I can go in?” I asked him.

“Of course.” He chuckled. I then stepped inside the house and looked around.

“This is like 100 times bigger then the boat we were on.” I said to Woobin excited.

“Maybe not a hundred time bigger but yeah it’s big… And will be hard to clean without any workers.” I heard Woobin said the last part softly.

 “Umm we don’t have a worker here so it’s best to keep this place clean.” Woobin said before looking at me and then to my feet.

“Ah~, my feet are dirty from walking outside.” I knew what he was talking about. He then took his shoes off and put on different shoes. They looked nice and soft.

“Yes, here’s a solution.” He walked over to me and lifted my up in his arms again.

“Ohh! What are you doing?” I asked him surprised.

“We’re going to the bathroom to wash your feet.” He said and started walking.

“Now where’s the bathroom again.” Woobin walked around searching for the bathroom with me in his arms.

“Woah~ a picture!” I noticed that there was a big picture on the wall. I reached out for it but then Woobin stopped me.

“Don’t touch it.” He said making me pout. He didn’t say it in a mean way so I wasn’t sad or mad at him.

“Here it is.” He said and walked into a room. It was a bathroom just like the one on the boat but a lot bigger. He walked over to what seemed like a small white boat. I think it’s called a bathtub. He set me inside and stepped in as well after taking his shoes and socks off.

“I’ll put your toothbrush here for now.” He said taking my toothbrush and set it on the table beside the bathtub.

“Oh, okay.” I nodded.

“Pull your pants up and sit down.” He told me.

“Oh.” I did what I was told. He then did the same before turning the water on.

“Use this soap and rub your feet so that there are bubbles. Then your feet will be clean he said as he handed me a block of soap.

“Yes~” I answer and followed his instructions.  He did the same and we both had cleaned feet. He then grabbed a towel and helped me dried my feet.

“I can do it.” I said and dried my feet. He did the same with another towel and dried his feet. When he was done he wore his shoes.

“Wait here. Let me go get you a pair of slippers.” He said and rushed off.

“Slippers… It must be the shoes.” I said to myself. I stood there and looked around the bathroom. There was a toilet, a shower place and a big sink just like on the boat. Everything was white and sparkling, which was so pretty.

“Everything looks so pretty and clean here.” I said to myself as I carefully walked over toe the window. I looked out and saw a  field of green grass.

“Woah~ so much grass. Haha~ it must be nice to walk on it.” I smiled.

“I’m back.” Woobin said happily. I turned around and rushed over to him.

“It’s for me?” I asked him as I stared at the slippers in his hand.

“Yes. These are slippers. You wear it inside the house to keep your feet nice and cozy. Also clean as well.” He said and set then on the floor so that I could wear them.

“Ohh~.” I nodded before putting them on. It did feel nice and cozy.

“Haha~ I like them.” I said walking around.

“Okay let’s go. You still have a lot of things to see inside the house.” He said.

“Okay, let’s go.” I grabbed my toothbrush before following Woobin. Just then we heard a ringing sound.

“Oh wait for me a bit. Someone is calling me.” Woobin said as he took out his phone.

“Okay.” I nodded. Woobin touched the phone and then stepped away to talk to the other person.

“Hello.” Woobin answered the phone call.

“Oh Woobin-ah~” I heard the other person say. It sounded like a women.

“Yes umma”

‘Oh, its Woobin’s umma.’ I listened to them talking.

“I heard that you’re moving out. Is something the matter?”

“No it’s just that I want to live on my own. You know, be independent.”

"I can't help but worry."

“It’s okay. If anything I can take care of it.” Woobin said back.

“Okay. Well come visit me when you get back. I miss you.”

“Umma I’m busy.” Woobin said and glanced over to me.

“Just drop by.” His umma seems to be whining.

“Huhh~ okay umma.” Woobin gave into her.

“I love you my son.” She said making me smile.

“Yes, bye.”

“Drive safely my son.” She said before Woobin hung up. Woobin then walked over to me me.

“You’re going to see your umma?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah, you heard it?”

“Yes.”

“I’m going to go see her for a bit at the house.”

“At the house that we saw earlier?” I asked him.

“Yeah. Do you want to come with me or stay here?” He asked me.

‘I want to go but I’m still a bit scared and uncomfortable meeting other humans.’ I said in my head.

“Umm, can I stay here?” I asked him since I did wanted to see the rest of the house.

“Okay but you’re going to by yourself for a while.” He seems worried.

“Mmmhm~ It’s okay. I can take care of myself” I smiled.

“I won’t be gone for long. Just walk around. Don’t get hurt or in trouble.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“Yes~ “ I smiled widely.

“Huhh~ I don’t want to leave you though.” Woobin sighed.

‘He wants to be with me? That’s a relief then. At least he likes me.’ I said in my head.

“Your umma is waiting for you.”

“You want me to leave?” He glared at me.

“No~, but the sooner you leave the sooner you come back.” I said back.

“Huhh~ fine. Just walk around and be careful of what you touch. When I get back I’ll explain everything.” He said as he walked back to where we came in from. I followed him so that I can see him leave. Then opened the door and was going to leave. He touched the button on the wall and the house lite up.

“It might get dark so I’ll keep the lights on for you.” He said to me.

“Oh that's to turn the lights on and off?” I asked him as I pointed at the button.

“Yeah well bye… Ducky.” He waved to me.

“Oh. Bye Woobin-ah~” I waved back to him with both hands. He just let out a smile before leaving. He closed the door and just left. I then rushed over to the window and pushed the material in front of it aside so that I can look outside.

“Oh Woobin is going into the car.” I said as I watched his every move. I then climbed onto what seemed like a big chair that was like a bed and stared outside. When Woobin got in the car he put the roof and windows of the car down just like before. He saw me and started waving again.

“Bye Woobin-ah~” I waved back. He smiled at me before he drove away.

“Come back soon~” I said as I continued staring at the bright red car until I could no longer see it.

“Hmmm~ I’m all alone~” I sat there and looked around the room. I looked up and the ceiling was so high up. Everything here was white and shiny too. It was all-clean and there was so much room. I then started bouncing on the soft chair beneath me.

“Is this a chair or bed?” I was so confused. I then laid down and looked up to the ceiling.

“A bed is better.” I said before getting up. I rushed over to the things on the other side of the room. There were so many strange objects that I have never seen before. I walked around the room examining every little thing. I had no idea what everything was but it seemed amazing. A lot more amazing then the human objects museum under the sea.

“Woah this entire side of the house is a window. Amazing~”  I said peeking outside. When I was done looking around the room I went to the next. The house was huge so I was anxious to explore each room. I also had so many questions for Woobin when he gets back. I went into another room where I believe is where humans cook food. Although it was very different I can tell that it was a stove. When I was done I went to another room and looked around until Woobin came back. It was a bit lonely without Woobin but it was okay because I know he’ll be back soon.


So does anyone know what the passcode means ;D

If you do then yay~ but sorry no reward.

Anyways thanks for reading.

Remember to upvote and subscribe if you liked it.

Thanks for reading~! ^-^