Awkward Reunion

That Strange New Friend

No one’s POV

“Y-you” Woobin was shocked to see who it was. They both had widen eyes as they stared at each other with a gaping mouth.

‘W-What…? How…? Why is he here?’ Ducky said in his head. Woobin had the same questions going through his head. He did come here to find Ducky but meeting like this was a surprise. 

"What you have legs?" Woobin was just taken back with what he was seeing. This wasn't the Ducky he knew. Is this not Ducky?. Woobin was totally confused.

“Yah. W-What’s going on? D-Ducky?” Instead of giving Woobin any sort of reply he just dashed right past him, towards the door trying to escape.

'Of all humans why him.' Ducky shouted in his head as a avoided the figure beside him. Ducky was surprised and happy to see Woobin again but he wasn't planning on meeting him again. 

“Wait, where do you think you’re doing? What’s this, you have legs? Didn't you have a tail?” Woobin was surprised and grabbed onto Ducky’s arm. Ducky panicked as he braked his steps.

“What are you doing here? You’re not leaving unless you give me some sort of explanation.” Woobin said even though he knew Ducky couldn’t talk. He didn't let go of Ducky no matter how much he struggled. Surprisingly Ducky was really weak to Woobin and he only had to use one hand to hold him back.

'I can't stay. Please let me go.' Ducky closed his eyes prayed as he used all his energy to get out of Woobin's grip. Woobin had no choice but to pull him back and held onto his shoulders facing him. Ducky hunged his head avoiding Woobin's stare. He took a glimpse of his eyes and they were scary. 

"You are Ducky.." Woobin skimmed Ducky's face and it was the face that he was trying to find.

'Should I be happy?' Woobin wondered. He felt like he should be happy but he was just so confused.

"Can you.. please. tell me what's going on?" Woobin said almost begging. Usually Woobin isn't a curious person but at this moment he just wanted to know everything.

'Looks like I can't escape' Ducky bit down on his botoom lip. Ducky had no choice but to confront Woobin and just do whatever he think is right.

“Uhhh...” Ducky started but he had no idea what to say.

“WHAT? Wait, you can talk now?” Woobin was so confused. Ducky look up a bit and gave a small nod avoiding his gaze.

“Ahh~ seriously.” Woobin sighed and rolled his eyes in disbelief as he dropped his arms to his side.

‘Just what are you?’ Woobin shouted in his head as he stared at Ducky’s face. There was no doubt that this was the same face he saw days ago but everything else had changed. Woobin scanned his eyes down Ducky's thin smooth legs and to his little toes.

"What else can you do that I don't know?" Woobin's voice kind of trembled in nervousness.

“Ahh~” Ducky whimpered as his legs gave out on him making him collapsed right in front of Woobin. It was probably because he was so nervous and he wasn’t use to walking yet.

“What happen? Are you okay?” Woobin squatted down to help him up.

“S-sorry.” Ducky stuttered badly

‘I’m talking to a human.’ Ducky a bit happy but also scared and lost.

“You really can talk…” Woobin’s jaw dropped.

‘Then was he playing with me all this time?’ Woobin wondered.

'I was made into fool... An idiot...' Woobin was just so confused.

“Uhh. Hello…” Ducky said awkwardly with a giggle.

“Is this the time to say hello?” Woobin raised his voice in frustration. Ducky didn’t know and was frightened by his loud tone. Woobin noticed the Ducky flinched when he yelled at him and felt sorry.

“Sorry... I didn’t mean to frighten you.” Woobin said and pulled him up onto his feet. Ducky still felt weak on his legs and was a bit shaky.

‘What’s with him? He looks like he doesn’t know how to stand properly.’ Woobin said as a joke but he realized that what if that was true. Just then the towel around Ducky’s waist dropped and Woobin accidently saw Ducky’s private part.

“Uh…” Woobin turned away flustered. Ducky just looked down as the dropped towel.

“Why are you ?” Again Woobin raised his voice since he was flustered.

“N-…? Ah~ I don’t have any clothes to wear.” Ducky said back in an awkward accent.

‘What’s with him? Maybe he is not a human after-all.’ Woobin said in his head.

“Huhh~ give me a sec.” Woobin said letting go of Ducky’s arm. He was holding onto him the whole time since he looked like he was going to collapse again. Woobin walked over to the bathroom to get something for Ducky.

“Give him a.. sec? What’s a sec?” Ducky mumbled in confusion. Just then Woobin came back with a white bathrobe in his hand.

“Here put this on.” Woobin handed him the robe. Woobin tried not to look anywhere lower then his shoulders. He have seen his friends completely in the locker room before but that’s because he have known them for a long time. With Ducky they were almost strangers and so it was a bit awkward.

“What’s this?” Ducky asked.

“It’s a bathrobe. Huh~ Seriously what happen? Why are you so different now? The last time I saw you, you had a tail and could not talk. Now you here in my yacht, with legs, talking, and … Just what are you?” Woobin said it all out. Ducky didn’t quite understand everything Woobin had said but he knew that Woobin was probably confused.

“Uhh.. surprise.” Ducky was so awkwardly with a smile.

‘Is he an idiot or does he really not know how to grasp the situation?’ Woobin rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Are.. Are you mad at me?” Ducky asked Woobin softly.

“N-no. I’m more confused then mad. Here put this on first. I don’t want to talk to you looking like this.” Woobin said as he held the robe out waiting for him to take it.

“Am I suppose to wear it?” He asked.

“Yes, what else are you sup-“ Woobin stopped himself because he felt like Ducky was being serious.

‘I have an idea of what’s going on but I still need his explaination.’ Woobin said in head feeling a bit regretful for being so harsh on him.

“Here, put your arms in here.” Woobin held the robe out and helped Ducky wear it.

“It’s so soft and warm.” Ducky giggled.

‘He’s still cute though.’ Woobin had to admit. Actually he was even cuter, he’s like a giant child. After slipping the robe on Woobin tied the strap around his waist.

“Now, explain to me.” Woobin went over in front of Ducky and crossed his arms. He felt like he was talking to a child and was quite comfortable with him.

“Explain…? W-where should I start?” Ducky asked softly.

“From the very beginning to right now.” Woobin said. He didn’t even realize it but he was talking very slowly and clearly as if he was talking to a toddler.

“Ummm…”Ducky tried explaining but he wasn’t sure what he should say first and what he didn’t have to say.

“So you were never a merman?” Woobin asked him straightforwardly.

"N-No” Ducky immediately lied since denying it would be a lot easier than explaining everything.

‘He wasn’t a merman then was it all just a joke. I mean I clearly saw a tail.’ Woobin was so confused. If Ducky had admitted that he was then it was a more easier to understand, a bit hard to accept, but everything would make sense that way.

*hic * Ducky was surprised from the sudden hiccups.

‘What happened?’ Ducky was confused.

“What the matter?” Woobin asked him.

“Huh? Uh nothing.” He smiled followed by another hiccup.

“So you were human?” Woobin asked again differently.

“Y-yes”

*hic * Ducky covered his mouth and tried to stop his hiccups but it was impossible.

‘Why is he suddenly getting the hiccups?’ Woobin wondered.

‘Maybe it’s because he’s getting nervous.’ Woobin shook it off for now.

“So everything was just a joke?” Woobin continued questioning him.

“Y-yes.”

*hic *

“Are you lying?” Woobin was not convinced.

“N-no” Ducky continued lying.

*hic * *hic * Ducky’s hiccups were getting worse.

“Why is this *hic * happening *hic *” Ducky’s hiccups continued.

“Let me get you some water.” Woobin rushed over to the table and pour some water into a glass.

“Here, take a big gulp of it.” Woobin rushed back beside Ducky who was sitting on his bed now. He seemed like he was having a hard time breathing as well.

“W-what’s going on? Why are you like this?” Woobin was worried.

“I-I *hic * don’t know *hic *“ Ducky panicked himself.

‘This isn’t a normal hiccup. Something is wrong.’ Ducky took a big gulp of water but it didn’t help at all. The longer he continued hiccupping the more painful and less air he could take in.

“Why are you like this? What should I do?” Woobin panicked.

‘Ah the sea witch. She said that she would do something about my lying. Could this be it?’ Ducky remembered as he continued gasping for air.

‘What should I do to stop this? Say the truth?’ Ducky wondered as he looked over to Woobin who looked really worried and scared.

“Aish I would take you to the hospital but we’re in the middle of the ocean” Woobin hissed as he held onto Ducky’s trembling body.

‘Guess I just have to tell him the truth. What did he ask me?’ Ducky tried remembering.

“Yes, I was a merman.” Ducky said quickly and loudly. The hiccups immediate slowed down and he was able to breath now.

*hic * it was not gone though.

“What did you just say?” Woobin was confused.

‘Guess I just have to admit to everything for it to stop’ Ducky made up his mind.

“Back then I was a merman but now I’m a human. It’s not a joke… and- and I’m now not lying.” Ducky said and his hiccups stopped.

‘Woah~, I can’t believe she actually did something like this. Magic is really unbelievable.’ Ducky took in a deep breath and calmed down.

“Just what are you saying now? Are you okay now?” Woobin asked him confused. He was about to die a few seconds ago and now he’s alright. All he did was talk.

‘Is it because he spoke the truth?’ Woobin guessed and it did make sense.

“You got the hiccups because you were lying?” Woobin asked him.

‘I guess I can’t lie anymore.’ Ducky said in his head.

“Y-yes. I think so.” Ducky stuttered.

“Wait a second. So you were a merman and now you’re a human. You had the hiccups because you were lying? Just what’s going on?” Woobin just couldn’t put the pieces together himself.

“Well I was a merman but I really wanted to become a human.” Ducky started. Woobin fixed his posture as he sat there staring at Ducky as he explained.

‘It’s kind of hard to understand him but it’s cute and bearable.’ Woobin said in his head.

“After you left I went to find the Sea Witch in the deep sea hoping that I can be turned into a human.”

“A Sea Witch? Then it’s like the Little Mermaid story. The Sea Witch actually exist?” Woobin was surprised.

‘What am I saying? She probably is since merman exist.’ Woobin said in his head .

“Yes but she’s really hard to find and only a few merfolk are actually able to meet her. I was one of the lucky ones.” Ducky smiled.

“So what happen next? Did you drink a potion?” Woobin was anxious to know.

“Uh yes, how did you know?” Ducky was surprised.

“There’s a story just like this. It’s a little mermaid becoming a human because she fell in love with a prince or something.” Woobin said excited.

“Oh humans know that story too? That happened over a long time ago.” Ducky said to Woobin.

“So it’s a real story? Daebak! Then you’re really a human now?” Woobin looked at him from head to toe.

“Yes, do I look like a human?” Ducky wiggled his toes and giggled.

“Yes, it’s kind of hard to believe that you were a merman…” Woobin was still

“But… Do you remember my name?” Woobin asked him.

“Mhh.” Ducky nodded.

“Woobin.” Ducky said happily.

“Yes, you have really good memory.” Woobin praised him.

“Yes, that’s how I learn human language. Specifically Korean.” Ducky giggled.

“What? You can even learn the human language down there? Then why can’t we learn merman language up here?” Woobin wondered.

“If you can talk then why didn’t you talk to me before?” Woobin was confused. When he glanced over to Ducky, Ducky was rolling around on the bed.

‘Tsk look at him’ Woobin giggled.

“Merfolks can’t speak in the human language. What was it called. Uh something here. Only humans have it.” Ducky said pointing at his neck.

“Oh so that’s why. So since you can talk now. What’s your name?” Woobin asked him

“Name?...” Ducky’s facial expression changed.

“Ducky.” Ducky said smiling.

“I mean you’re real name.”

“Mmhh. I don’t want to mention it. I have a new life now.” He giggled as he rolled around. Woobin just giggled along with him. Just then Woobin’s eyes trailed down to Ducky’s waist and to his thighs with was exposed because he was rolling around so much. His milky smooth skin was reveal in between the robe where Woobin’s eyes were glued on. He finally caught on and looked away flustered. He then realized that he was still in the diving suit from before.

“Ah I should go change.” Woobin got up nervously.

“So should I just call you Ducky?”

“Mmmh.” Ducky nodded.

“I like that name. Let’s just make that my human name.”

“Human name? That name wouldn’t work. It’s more like a pet’s name.” Woobin said back to him.

“Pet? Then it wouldn’t work then.” Ducky pouted.

“Well I’ll just call you Ducky until I you have a real human name.”

“How will I get a real human name?” Ducky asked as he prompt himself up on his elbows.

“Uh, I’m not sure but for now... You need to wear some clothes.” Woobin said purposely not looking at Ducky. Woobin walked over to his closet and took some clothes out for him and Ducky.

“Here.” Woobin tossed his a t-shirt and pants. Ducky caught it but seemed very confused.

“What are you waiting for?”

“Ah you don’t even have a pair of underwear do you. Let me get one for you.” Woobin went to the drawer and took out one of his underwear.

“This should fit.” Woobin tossed it over to Ducky. Ducky just stared at it blankly.

“Well go on.” Woobin said

“What?”

“Put these on and I’ll go into the bathroom to change my clothes.”

“Oh these clothes are for me?” Ducky asked

“Yes, yes now hurry. We still have a lot to talk about. “ Woobin said rushing him. Just when Woobin was going into the bathroom he looked back to Ducky who looked confused.

“Could it be that you don’t know how to put these on?” Woobin asked him.

“Well I’ve never wore clothes before.” Ducky smile awkwardly.

“I’ll help you then.” Woobin walked over to help him put the clothes on. Woobin then noticed the sand in Ducky’s hair and on his skin.

“Wait, I think you need a shower first.” Woobin said touching Ducky’s long locks.

“Shower? Then I will be clean and sparkle?”

“Tsk yes but I don’t think you’ll sparkle.”

“Yes, yes. I want to have a shower.” Ducky giggled as he got up. Right when he got up and tumbled forward because he wasn’t use to legs yet.

“Be careful.” Woobin caught him just in time before he made contact with the floor.

“Legs are hard to control.” He said shyly.

‘Why am I feeling so nervous?’ Woobin said in his head as he helped Ducky up onto his feet.

“G-go. Go take a shower.” Woobin said pointing to the bathroom.

“How? I don’t know how.” Ducky pouted.

“Ahhh~ What to do now?” Woobin was frustrated since he didn’t know what or how to teach him to how to take a shower.

‘Do I have to do it for him? Oh I can’t do that’ Woobin got flustered.


 

I'm not that satisfied with this chapter but I don't know what else to put in.

I guess I'll just have to do better in the next chapter.

Anyways thanks for reading.