It's Mine

That Strange New Friend

Ducky’s POV

‘It feels so nice~’

‘So warm and soft~’

‘Being a human is definitely more enjoyable~’

‘Woobin so kind too~”

‘Oh that’s right Woobin!’ I sat up right away and opened my eyes

“Ahhh~” I was a bit dizzy from sitting up too fast. I then glanced around the room and saw Woobin siting in a chair staring right back at me.

“H-hi~” I waved to him awkwardly

“I thought you said you weren’t sleepy?” He asked me with a smile.

“I-I didn’t go to sleep.” I denied.

*hic *

The hiccups has started…

“U-Umm... I went to *hic * sleep just for a tiny bit.” I said hopefully that the hiccups would stop.

*hic *

“Tsk~” Woobin chuckled.

“Huh~ maybe I went to sleep longer than I thought.” I just gave up in trying to cover it up.

“You really can’t lie.” He sneered at me.

“It’s so annoying.” I pouted as patted down on the soft puffy blanket on top of my lower body. He let out another giggle at me making me feel embarrassed.

‘I didn’t think the spell would cause much trouble...’ I frowned. I then noticed that Woobin was wearing different clothes and his hair was wet.

“Why is your hair wet?” I asked him.

“Oh, I just took a shower.”

“Shower… In there?” I pointed to the bathroom.

“Yup, what we did yesterday.” He said to me.

“Do I need a shower?” I asked him.

“Umm, you don’t have to.” He said to me.

“We are almost there. I don’t think you’ll finish showering.” He said at the thing on his wrist. I think it’s called a watch.

“I have to call my umma to tell her I’m back.” He said walking over to his bag.

“We’re there?!” I was happy and excited.

“Almost. Just a few more minutes until we arrive at the dock.” He said pulling something out of his bag.

“What’s that?” I asked him and I crawled over to the edge of the bed.

“Ah~, this? It’s a cell phone.” He showed me the black thin mechanism in his hand.

“Ohhh~. So that’s what it looks like now.”

“Have you seen one before?”

“Yeah.” I nodded

“Oh you’re umma… Will I see her?” I was a bit worried.

“No… If you don’t want to.” He said and smiled.

‘I wonder what kind of human she is? Is she nice like Woobin?’ I said in my head

“I’ll be back in a bit. I’m going to bring this outside as I call my umma.” He said carrying is bags before putting something onto his ear.

“What’s that?” I asked him.

“It’s a Bluetooth. I can use this to talk rather than hold my phone.” He said and showed me the Bluetooth thing.

‘But it’s not connected…’ I was a bit confused.

“Oh…” I nodded. I didn’t want to ask questions since Woobin might find me annoying.

“Wait for me okay.” He said with a smile before carrying his bags.

“Yes.” He then opened the door and walked out.

“Oh umma…” I heard him talk outside.

“I called you as soon as I got signal…” I heard him.

“Human things are so amazing.” I said to myself and smiled.

“Oh I wonder if I can see the land.” I said as I pulled my legs out of beneath the blanket.

“Ha-ha~ toes`” I wiggled my toes. I then remembered about the cut on my hand. It didn’t hurt but it felt so special. It was such a weird experience. I then sat on the edge of the bed and placed the bottom of my feet onto the floor. It was cold and hard but it felt really nice. After moving it around for a bit I stood up and walked over to the window.

“Ohh! Land!” I was surprised that I could actually see it.

“Woah~” I couldn’t hold in my excitement. It looked like the island but it was completely different at the same time. There wasn’t any sand and…. It just gave me a new feeling.

‘So this is where the humans live.’ I was excited but a bit scared. Humans have such bad rumors and reputation in the merfolk land. I actually was scared of Woobin at first too but after watching him he seemed nice. I just though that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and so I risked it. Turns out that Woobin was really nice. And now… I didn’t expect to meet him again and have him help me. I continued staring out the window as we got closer to the land. In no time the land was right in front of me.

“W-we’re here…” I was shocked. I looked around and then over to the door but Woobin wasn’t back yet.

“W-what now?” I was worried. I heard Woobin talking to the other humans at a distance. Just then I heard footsteps coming towards the room.

‘Is that Woobin?’ I wondered. It sounded like Woobin’s steps but what if it’s not? I crouched down beside the bed and waited for the person to open the door.

“Ducky, we’re he…- Ducky?” It turns out to be Woobin.

“Yes?” I pulled myself up.

“Oh there you are. What were you doing?” He asked me.

“Uh… I didn’t know who was coming.” I said softly.

“Ah, sorry. Next time I will give you a signal so you don’t have to panic.” He said and smiled.

“Anyways we’re here Ducky. The mainland. Are you happy? Scared?”

“Yes. Happy and a bit scared.” I said and showed the amount with my fingers.

“It’s a scary place.” I added

“Ha-ha~ don’t worry. Most of the people aren’t mean and scary as you think they are.” He said before putting his hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

‘I like it when he does this.’ I said in my head as I enjoyed the moment.

“We just have to wait here for a bit because there are some people outside. After they leave you can go outside.” He explained to me.

“Okay Woobin.” I smiled.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He said carrying the last bag before walking out again.

“Woobin is taking all of his things…. And I have nothing” I said sadly. I left everything behind…” I frowned.

“Oh my toothbrush!” I remembered. I then rushed into the bathroom to get it.

“I have this!” I said happily. Just then I heard footsteps coming closer.

“Ducky!” Woobin shouted.

“Woobin-ah!” I rushed out towards the door. He opened the door and held it open.

“You can come out now.” He said with a big smile.

“All the humans are gone?” I asked him.

“Mhhm” he nodded. He then noticed my toothbrush in my hand.

“Why are holding that?” He asked me.

“You said it was mine.” I said back to him a bit confused.

“Ahh… but you don’t have to take it with you. Just throw it awa-“

“WHY?!” I was surprised when he said I didn’t have to take it with me.

“I… can get you a new one.” He said but I didn’t get it. Why throw it away when it’s mine.

“But it’s mine.” I insisted.

“Ummm. Okay you can take it with you.” He smiled before motioning me to go out. I just smiled and walked over to his side.

“This way?” I pointed ahead of us.

“Yes.” He said before leading. I could see the light shining ahead of us. Just a few more steps and I was out in the open in the new world. When we reached the stairs I held onto Woobin as I took each step.

“Be careful.” He held onto me as well.

“Mmhm~” I nodded as I took each step. When we got up I immediately saw the blue sky and bright sun shining above us. The best part was looking at what was in front of me.

“Woah~ it’s so pretty.” I smiled. I looked over to the sea and then back to the land

‘This is amazing.’ I said in my head. I then noticed Woobin staring at me.

“Come on.” He said as he held onto me and walked me over to the edge of the boat. He stepped off and then held out his hand to me.

“Welcome to land where humans live.” He said with a smile. He then looked at my feet.

“Oh shoes. I forgot to  give you a pair.” He said in disappointment.

“Shoes?” I then glanced down to his feet. He was wearing something.

‘Those are shoes right?’ I asked myself.

“Come down first.” He held out his hand again.

“Oh.” I grasped onto his hand and leapt onto the wooded ground. It was similar to the boat’s floor but not as smooth.

“Ha-ha~ Now I can be a real human too.” I giggled.

“Yes.” Woobin smiled as well.

“I’ll let you wear my shoes” He said and was about to take them off.

“No, it’s fine I don’t need those.” I said to him.

“No, I can’t let you walk barefoot.” He said back.

“Then you will be barefoot.” I said back.

“I have socks.”

“I’m fine~!” I pouted and jumped up and down.

“Let’s quickly go.”

“Ha~” He chuckled.

“W-what?” I was confused.

“You’re speech…” He just shook his head.

“What? Why? Is it weird?” I was worried.

“No, it’s... cute.” He said and then turned away.

“Does that mean bad?” I asked him since I was unsure.

“N-no, it’s… uhh, good.” He said not looking at me.

“Oh.” I nodded and then smiled. We then started walking on the wooded ground that was above the water

“Where are we?” I asked him as I held onto him.

“We’re at the dock. It is where people get on and off the boats.” Woobin explained.

“Huhh~!” I gasp as my eyes wide.

“T-that.” I raised my finger and pointed as I stride towards it.

“W-what is that?” I pointed to the big bright shining object that was at a distance. The color was very bright. I think it’s called red.

“That is my car.” Woobin chuckled.

“Car? What’s a car?” I asked as I walked faster towards it.

“Ummm. It’s like a boat but for on land.” Woobin explained.

“Woah~ It’s so pretty~. How does it move? Does it move fast? Why is it so sma-AH!” There was a sharp pain under my foot. I looked and saw that there were small rocks and pebbles all over.

“It’s hurts!” I stepped back onto the wooded area as I rubbed my feet.

“Oh are you okay? You should have been more careful.” Woobin said looking at my foot.

“I’m fine. No blood. Let’s go. I’m okay now!” I turned back and was going to walk on the rocks again but Woobin pulled me back.

“I said I can-“ Woobin picked me up in his arms suddenly.

“Hang on for a bit.” He said and started walking. I just stared at him surprised.

‘W-what is he doing?’ I was confused

“I-I’m heavy.”

“No you’re not.” He said as he held onto me tightly.

‘He did this so suddenly that... my heart is…surprised.’ I said as I heard my heart thumping inside of me loudly. I just shook that feeling off when my gaze went back to the shining red car.

“It’s even prettier up close.” I was so excited. Woobin then lifted me over it and let me down inside the car. I placed my feet down on what looked like part of a chair.

“It’s so soft~” I was excited.

“Sit down.” He said before walking away.

“Where are you going?” I asked him.

“Right over here.” He pointed to the spot beside me. He then opened part of the car.

“What’s that?” I asked him amazed.

“It’s a door.” He chuckled. I  then looked on my side and saw the same thing. I quickly sat down and tried opening it. I didn’t know how to so I tried looking on the outside.

“Like this.” Woobin reached over and showed me how to open it.

“Ahh~ like that.” I closed the door and reopened it myself.

“Ha-ha~ This is interesting.” I nodded as I continued.

“that’s enough now.” Woobin said as he chuckled. I then closed the door and sat still since I knew Woobin didn’t want to play with the door. I then started looking around.

“What’s this?” I pointed to the circle thing in front of Woobin with my toothbrush.

“It’s a steering wheel.” He said smiling.

“Ohhh~.” I just nodded. I didn’t know what it does but at least I know what it was called.

“Just watch and you’ll see what everything does.” Woobin gave me a smirked.

“Yes.” I returned a smile.

“Put your seatbelt on.” Woobin said but I didn’t what that was. I looked around before looking at Woobin.

“Oh sorry I forgot that you didn’t know. He said letting go something and reached over to my side. I leaned back as his face got closer and closer to me.

“Sorry.” He said before turning away. He then moved back as he held onto a rope-like thing.

“This is a seat belt. I will protect you in case we get into an accident.” He said before putting the rope against me.

“Ohhh” I nodded as I watch he put the metal piece into another making a little sound.

“Just put this here.” He grabbed my toothbrush and put it in the space in between us.

“O-oh.” I nodded. He then put his own seatbelt on.

“Ready for the exciting part?” He asked me. Be showing me something in his hand.

“What’s that?” I asked him.

“The key to start the car.” He smiled before putting it into the car. When he turned it the car started making a sound and shaking.

“Oh.” I was surprised.

‘It’s like it’s alive.’ I smiled

“Ready?” Woobin asked me.

“Yes!” I said excited. He then moved some things and then the car started to move.

“Woah!” I jerked backward as the car moved forward.

“Amazing!!” I said as I looked around. The car started to go faster and faster.

“This feels amazing!” I shouted as I closed my eyes. I felt the wind against my face and blew my hair back.

“Do you want me to go slow or fast?” Woobin asked me.

“Fast!” I said as I raised my hands up. Just then the car went faster.

“Woah~! It feels like I can catch the wind.” I said as I opened and closed my hands.

‘This car is amazing.’ I said in my head as I smiled. I opened my eyes and saw everything passing us quickly.

‘I’ve never moved this fast before.’ I said in my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath with the wind against my skin.

‘It even smells different than the island.’ I smiled. I opened my eyes and realized that we were getting up higher since I could see the water beneath us.

“Woah~ we’re so high up!” I said as I held onto the car door and looked down to the clear shining water.

“We’re going up a mountain.” Woobin said to me.

“Mountain? Ahh~ This is a mountain.” I realized it.

“Do you like this?” Woobin asked me.

“Yes, I like a lot! Haha~” I chuckled as I looked around. Everything below us looked small. Except for the water of course. When I looked up it seemed like we were getting closer and closer to the sky.

“I like this.” I said outloud and looked over to Woobin.

“You’re not scared?”

“No, what’s there to be scared of?” I giggled. The two of us remained quiet and I just relaxed myself. I leaned back and felt the wind against my skin.

‘What’s that? Why are the trees so different? Is that a house over there?’ I wanted to ask so many things but I didn’t want to bother Woobin. I’m already happy that he’s taking me in his car. It’s amazing. I just enjoyed looking at everything around me. I noticed that the car was going round and round as we got higher up the mountain. Suddenly Woobin stopped the car.

“What happened?” I asked him.

“I stopped the car. Let’s step out and look at the view.” He said to me.

‘Look at the view? Doe he mean look  down from the mountain?’ I wondered.

“I’ve never been on a mountain before, have you?” Woobin asked me.

“No. This is my first time.” I smiled widely.

“I think you’ll enjoy this sight then.” Woobin said as he took his seat belt off.

“You press this.” Woobin showed me how to take the seatbelt off. When it was off Woobin opened the door and got out. I did the same and got out myself.

“I was going to open the door for you.” Woobin said as he held onto me.

“I know how to do it.”  I smiled proudly.

“I can walk.” I said as I pulled my arm away. I didn’t want Woobin to always help me. I can do a lot of things by myself. I am a human now.

“I know but you don’t have any shoes. Be careful.” Woobin said as he held onto me again.

“I’m going to have to buy you shoes later.” He said as he walked me over to the edge of the mountain and it was amazing.

“Wow~ I can see the entire ocean!” I said looking around.

“We came from over there.” Woobin pointed out towards the sea.

“It’s so pretty.” I said once again.

‘This new world is really pretty and amazing.’ I said in my head.

--

I just realized that this fanfic is similar to Pinocchio, the drama Jongsuk was just in!

In the drama the main girl gets the hiccups if she lies and in this fanfic it's Jongsuk!

Ahh~ what a coincidence…. XD

Anyways I hoped you liked it.

This chapter wasn't really much. I'll make sure the next chapter would be more exciting.

If you have any ideas then leave in a comment. I will definitely read and think about it. 

Thanks for reading~! ^-^