I'll Be Back

That Strange New Friend

 

No one’s POV

“Woah, seriously? You almost drowned to death doing your research?” Jonghyun said loudly.

“Is that how you treat a patient?” Woobin hissed.

“Patient my . You seem more alive than this guy right here.” He pointed to Jaehyun. Jaehyun just glared at him.

‘What about me?’ Jaehyun said in his head.

“Well it’s a good thing you’re okay.” Minwoo being the good hyung said with a soft smile.

“Yeah, I’m a lot better now. I want to go walk around.” Woobin wanting to get up.

“No you can’t” Jaehyun pushed him back down.

“Ah what are you doing?” Woobin complained.

“Earlier you were complaining about your throat burning and loss of energy. Now you want to go walk around?” Jaehyun said back madly.

“But I feel better now.” Woobin was stubborn.

“He can walk around on the deck. It’s already time for us to head back home.” Jonghyun said making Woobin’s eyes widen.

“What already?” Woobin was surprised.

“It’s a long way home so heading out right now is perfect. Why, getting drowned wasn’t enough for you?” He joked.

“Why is it that you want to stay here so badly?” Seunggi asked him.

“It’s just…” Woobin didn’t know what to say. The truth was that he wanted to find Ducky but that will sound ridiculous.

“He’s going crazy over this one guy he met.” Jaehyun answered for him.

“No I’m not.” Woobin denied.

“Oh that guy that you show me in the video?” Minwoo asked.

“What are you guys talking about?” Inguk was all confused.

“Ah, the one the mole under his eye and can’t talk guy?” Jonghyun said what ever he could remember.

“Yes, that person!” Woobin shouted. He was getting a bit annoyed.

“Whoever it is you can just find him on the yacht or even when we get back to school.” Inguk said.

"Perhaps, but the strange this is no one knows this person nor have seen him anywhere." Jonghyun said in a creepy voice.

"Ghost?" Inguk said with wide eyes.

“I tried looking for him but he never seems to be around here.” Woobin said under his breath.

“Nonsense. Everyone who came will go back. It’s not like there are wild human beings living on the island and there's no such things as ghost!” Seunggi said.

“But no one has seen him before.” Woobin continued.

“What is he your lover? Why do you have to see him so bad?” Jonghyun said. Woobin then reached out and grabbed his collar.

“Yah!” Woobin shouted.

“Oh. H-hyung!” Jonghyun was terrified.

“Yes have you forgotten that I’m your hyung?” Woobin threatened to hit Jonghyun.

“N-no. H-hyung you should rest. I-I will find that person for you. I will!” He said hoping that Woobin will calm down.

“Whatever. Get lost! Let me rest.” Woobin threw a tantrum.

“Alright. Lay down, get some rest and just think of other things other than that guy.” Minwoo said to him.

“Okay.” Woobin sighed.

“I’ve never seen you so passionate about something before. Either that guy is really something or you had whacked your head somewhere and had gone a little coo-coo~” Seunggi chuckled.

“Want me to whack your head?” Woobin said back. They kept on teasing and teasing since Woobin was a “patient”.

“You guys talk too much. All I wanted was to thank him.” Woobin said loudly.

“Okay. We’re just kidding” Inguk said to lessen the tense. The all then left so that Woobin can get a little bit more rest.

“I’ll try to find him hyung!” Jonghyun pretend to be the good dongsaeng.

“Aish, get lost!!!” Woobin yelled at him. Woobin then laid there alone just wondering. After a while he finally cleared his thoughts.

“Yes, I don’t have to think about him. He’s just a stranger like someone on the street that offered to help me.” Surprising he was able to let go of thought of finding him.

“Oh I actually feel so light now.” Woobin smiled. Just then the horn was signaled meaning the ship is sailing off.

‘Guess I should go outside and take one last view of the Island.’ Woobin said getting up. He walked past a crowded that just rushed down the hallway.

“What’s going on?” Woobin wondered. He then walked over to the edge of the ship and looked out to the sea. On his left was the island and the right was the blue sea.

“I was too busy thinking of Ducky that I couldn’t even enjoy this view properly.” Woobin said to himself.

“Hey Woobin is your body ready to dance?” Inguk asked him with a big smile.

“Maybe. Why is there another party?” Woobin asked him.

“Yeah, everyone is now in the club room for some dancing and intense music.”

“I guess I will go in a bit.”

“Okay. Come join us in the club room down the hall. Just follow the music and you’ll find us. EVERYONE is there. Literally forced there.” Inguk said as he walked away backwards.

“Got it.” Woobin gave a smile and wave to him. Inguk rushed down to the clubroom leaving Woobin by himself. He then looked out to the sea once again. The ship was now away from the Island. He looked over to the cliffs for one last look. He was going to go inside when something caught his attention making him look twice.

“I-Is that a person?” Woobin peered out closer for a look as saw that it was a person. At first he panicked since that person fell in the sea or was left behind but that person didn’t seem like he was in trouble. Woobin took a closer look and it turns out to be Ducky.

“D-Ducky?” Woobin was surprised.

‘Just when I stopped thinking about him he appears out of no where again.’ Woobin was shocked. Ducky seems to be smiling at him and then began waving his arm, saying goodbye.

“What? So he does live there? Unbelievable. Huh~ Just who is this kid?” Woobin gave a small laugh. Ducky then dived, head first, into the water. He made a big splash with what seems to be a shiny blue tail.

“W-what?!?!?” Woobin was shock a what he just saw. It seemed like Ducky had a tail but is it possible? Woobin gripped onto the rail and leaned out as if he could still see it.

“Impossible.” Woobin’s jaw dropped. He then rubbed his eyes and stared at the water.

“I must have saw wrong.” Woobin was in denial. He waited and waited but Ducky was gone.

“What’s going on?” Woobin touched his forehead. He then let out a chuckle.

“He can’t talk. Good at diving. Was in the water just now… H-Has a… tail!” Woobin was just so confuse and in disbelief.

“Ducky wasn’t a human? M-mermaid?” Woobin was getting more and more confused.

“Either I was hallucinating or he was indeed a mermaid.” Woobin paced back and forth. For a moment Woobin was going to jump into the water but that was too risky. Next he wanted to go tell the captain to stop the ship for a bit but that was such a burden to everyone else.

“Should I go tell someone?”

“No, they won’t believe me and will just think that I’m crazy. They already think I am crazy.” Woobin was frustrated. By the time Woobin looked back to the Island it was already disappearing from sight. The fog was getting heavy and it was covering up the island.

“No! I… I have to go check.” Woobin gripped onto the rail tightly.

“If he was a real mermaid o-or merman whatever he is. It’s a big issue. It will lead to a great research of an entire new specie. Wait I can’t tell the others. Ducky will be in danger.” Woobin was so frustrated.

‘I think the only reason why he would risk himself in showing me his tail was that he trusted me. And he knew that I was leaving... for good..’ Woobin laughed to himself.

“Aish I would chase after you if I could” Woobin was feeling discontented.

“YAH! You better stay put. I’ll be back, just for you!” Woobin shouted out into the sea.

 


 

Yup he was a merman :D

Yes I totally gave big hints about it already so I guess just about everyone of you aren't surprised. XD

I was kindof inspired by the new Once Upon A Time teaser with Ariel 

I'll try to update a bit faster but lately schools been a handful for me.

Anyways thanks for reading.