Chapter 8

Li Hing Gummy Bears

 

 

 

"Oppa!~~ Where are you going?"

"I..."

"You didn’t get my answer yet..”

“Oh...what is it?” he asked, turning to look at her.

“Yes…” she said with a smile.

“Yes?!” he repeated with a shocked expression.

“Yes.”

“Really?! Yes as in?!”

“Does yes mean anything other than Yes?” she giggled. ‘Oppa…is so cute!~’

“Sometimes if yes means no, and no could means yes. You know...No?” He said. ‘what the heck did I just say? Did that even make sense?!’

He was just so happy that he was blurtting out random nonsense.

“What? Oppa, you’re so weird!~” she said.

“Y-yah!~” he whined and tickled her. “I’m not weird…I’m Yoseobbie Oppa!~”

“Yeah and Yoseobbie Oppa owes me after ruining my day earlier…”

“Okay what do you want?”

“I’ll think about it and get back to you…I mean it has to be good.  I can never stay mad at you..”

He smiled.

“My aegyo skills are daebak!~” he said giving her a thumbs up. “How’s your face?”

“she hit me hard…You’ve learned to never judge someone by how they look…”

“______-ah…Oppa is sorry..” he whimpered cutely and hugged her. “Forgive Oppa?~”

She wrapped her arms around him snuggling close.

“I forgive you.”

“Yes!~”

They put in the movie and ______ found some junk food in her room to snack on.

She pulled out a red vine and was about to bite it when Yoseob leaned over and took a bite.

“Y-Yah! Oppa!~”

“What?” he asked innocently.

“That was mine!~~ Get your own!~”

“But that one looked better!~” he whined and then grinned. “It tastes better too!”

She side-eyed him while she pulled out another one, only to get that one snatched too.

“Yah!~~ OPPA!~~ Licorice Thief!~” she pouted and took the whole bag before running out of her room and down the stairs.

“But…” he said softly. “but…I wanted more..”

She came running back up the stairs with a bag of li hing powder.

“Where’d you go?”

“Hold this..” she said handing him a ziplock bag with the licorice in it. She sprinkled some li hing powder on it. She shook up the bag.

“Uh…you put that on everything?” he asked as he watched with curious eyes.

“Try it!~” she sang. He took one out and bit it.

“Waa!~ that’s even better!~” he chuckled, eating it happily.

‘Oppa is so cute!~ He confessed to me…should I tell him that I feel the same way? Would it be weird? What do I do?!’

“You know, you still haven’t given me an answer.” He said snapping her out of her thoughts.

“Huh? Answer? What was the question?” she asked looking so confused. Her cuteness made him smile.

“Next time you go to Hawaii to visit…I wanna come with you.”

“Well I don’t know when I’m going again but…I’d like you to be there. I could show you around and make you eat things..” She said.

“I’m scared now…you’re going to try to poison me…aren’t you?”

“Haha Oppa!~ Never! Just force you to eat things you might not like…”

“Yah!~ Don’t you love me?! I thought I was your favorite Oppa?!”

“You are my favorite Oppa and I do love you…” she said.

“How much? Enough to not feed me poison?!” he said glaring at her through narrow eyes.

“Come on Oppa!~ Have I ever made you taste something  you didn’t like?”

“Not yet…but maybe  you’ve been waiting for the right moment?”

“No way! Don’t you know that my life would without you in it?”

He smiled.

“Yeah..I know..”

"Oh and I can confuse the hell out of you with pidgin."

"The birds?"

"What?"

"You said pigeon! So they make cooing sounds?"

"No...Pidgin...not Pigeon.."

"Huh? What's the difference? It sounds the same.."

"P-I-D-G-I-N...not P-I-G-E-O-N."

"I still don't get it..." he pouted scratching his head.

"See?! It's already confusing you...Nevermind.."

"huh?"

She giggled while she unwrapped a lollipop and put it up to , just barely  before he stole it and put it in his mouth. Her jaw dropped and she gave him a blank stare. He just smiled.

“Oppa!~” She whined. “I that..”

“I know…but we’ve shared lollipops before.”

“That’s when we were kids and didn’t realize that it was an indirect kiss…With all of those indirect kisses we shared we might as well just kiss directly already..” she said and then covered , realizing what she just said. They both started to blush. ‘Aish!~ what the…why did I just say that?’

“Who was your first kiss?”

“Oppa…you don’t remember?”

“Oh I remember…I’m just making sure that YOU remember.”

 

----------flashback------------------------------------

 

“Why are people always kissing like that?” a 11 year old Yoseob asked. “That’s gross…”

“Actually…” Haeyeon said. “It’s not..”

“Noona…have you been kissed before?”

“Uh…No.”

“Then how do you know?”

“I just do!”

“Maybe you don’t know much…about anything.”

“Yah! You little..” she growled.

“weirdo.” ______ giggled.

It bothered him for months and he got so curious what it felt like to kiss someone.

He had pretty much forgotten about it after a while.

He and ______ were sitting out in the garden. He picked the prettiest flower he could find and handed it to her.

“here…”

“thanks Oppa…it’s so pretty..I like it.”

“_____-ah” he said shifting his feet and looking down to hide the blush creeping onto his face.

“Yes Oppa..”

“We’ll always be best friend’s right?”

“always..”

“Promise?”

“I promise…Nothing can ever break us apart. We’ll be best friends for the rest of our lives. I promise Oppa.”

She leaned in to kiss his cheek but he turned at that same moment and she catching his lips instead. They were taken by surprise.

The two best friends slowly backed away from each other, not able to make eye contact.

“Uh…I gotta go.”

“Yeah…I have to do…something…somewhere…else..”

“See ya!” the both said running in opposite directions.

 

----------end of flashback-----------------------------------

 

“It was…awkward…” she said.

“Yeah but we’re still best friends.”

“You remember that flower?”

“what about it?”

She pulled out a scrapbook full of old pictures of them throughout the years. She turned to a page and pointed to something. It was the flower.

“Here.”

“Y-you…kept it? W-Why? Your first kiss was accidently taken.” He couldn’t stop stuttering.

“Yeah by the person I wanted to give it to in the first place..”

“Wh-what?”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooooh!~ ♥ Yoseobbie! Why So Cute?!~~