Chapter 7

Li Hing Gummy Bears

 

 

 

He sat in the tree for a while and finally got the nerve to knock.

She sighed and  opened the window to let him in.

“Are you still mad at me?”

She had just come out of the shower and her hair was wet. She quickly shut the window.

“Yes…but it’s cold outside…” She said.

“I’m sorry…”

“You don’t even know what you’re sorry for do you? You don’t even get it Oppa.”

“No explain it to me…”

“You took her side.”

“She was hurt…and she said…”

“Yeah I know she said that it was my fault and you believed her…Oppa…she’s…”

“She’s really a sweet person.”

“One of her faces are.”

“what?”

“She’s got two of them. The one she shows you…the fake one…and then there the demon side that she shows me..”

“______-ah..”

“You don’t believe me?! Tell me! When have I ever lied to you? Oppa, out of the nearly 12 years that we've been best friends have I ever deliberately lied to you like that?”

He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He knew she was right.

‘Honestly…______ has never lied to me…but there’s no way that Jieun can be as bad as she says.’ He thought and finally noticed the mark on her face. “Hey...your face…what happened?”

“If I tell you…would you even you believe me?”

“Tell me...” he said softly while caressing her cheek.

“Jieun slapped me...”

“what? She said you tripped her.”

“Tripped her? I was in front of her! Did I teleport, trip her, and then appear in front of her again? Oppa, seriously, In the store she said that I…pushed her. Then, her story changed and you didn’t catch that?”

“I…I’m sorry.”

“Just answer this…do you like her?”

“No! I don’t like her like that!”

“Are you sure? You might....”

“No! I Like...”

He was cut off when his phone rang.

“It’s…Jieun.” He said. 'She's calling while I'm in the middle of my confession?!' 

"Just answer it.." ______ sighed and rolled her eyes. He accepted the call.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Seob Seob!~ Let's hang out!~"

“Sorry Jieun...but I’m busy right now…"

"Doing what?~~"

'I’m hanging out with ______.”

"Let me speak to her...i want to apologize for earlier.."

"Apology? Okay here _____-ah."

"what?"

"she wants to apologize...see she's not so bad.."

'apology...my ..' ______ thought.

"Talk.."

He handed his phone to her. She took it and held it up to her ear.

“Yes…Jieun..” she said obviously not caring enough to talk to her.. 'Evil Demon...'

“Yah! Kim ______!!” Jieun screamed.  ______ rolled her eyes again and put the phone to Yoseob’s ear. “You little ! Didn’t I tell you to stay the hell away from him. You’re not worthy to stand next to my Yoseobbie…He already thinks of me as a sweet little angel…and I will make him mine. Why aren’t you speaking up ? You’re scared… ”

He clenched his fists and looked at ______.

“Yours? I’m not interested in you. I've told you that..”

“Oppa..”

“Don’t call me Oppa…If you come near her…I’ll give you hell…” he snapped and hung up.

"Now you believe me...after hearing it for yourself? She's not that bad Oppa?"

"im so sorry, ______-ah...I should've believed you...You got hurt too. Come on.."

'It didn't hurt as much as my best friend not believing me...' she thought.

He grabbed ______’s hand and pulled her out of her room and down to the kitchen.

She watched him as he made a ice pack for her face and smiled.

“Your parent aren’t home yet?” he asked.

“Our parents are busy planning our wedding…without us.” She giggled.

 “Can I tell you something?” he asked holding the ice on her cheek.

“yeah what is it Oppa?”

“I’ve wanted to marry you since the day we met..” he blurted.

“What?”

“N-nothing..” he said running up the stairs to hide his blush.

She stood there in shock.

“What? wait…Oppa!~~”

She ran after him.

“Let’s watch a movie!~” he squealed. “I brought this for you.”

“Oh! My Little Bride!~ Yah! Oppa! Don’t change the subject..”

“Aish…almost succeeded there.” He muttered. “Sorry I just blurted that..”

He picked up the huge teddy bear and smiled.

“Hmm…I noticed this is on your bed while the stuffed animals are on shelves.”

“That’s my favorite stuffed animal out of all the ones I have.”

“haven’t the guys you’ve dated given you any? What about Nam Woohyun...”

“yeah…Woohyun Oppa gave me a Koala."

"A Koala?"

"Yeah...He think’s he looks like one…”

“Oh yeah…I can see that…Koala’s are weird looking…teddy Bears are cuter..”

“Yah!” she laughed. “You guys are having a cuteness competition to see who has the best aegyo?!”

“Mhm..”

“Don’t guys  usually compete to see who’s the most manly?”

“But…I like being cute!~”

“Yeah you’re using your cuteness to avoid the subject we were on… Don’t think I’ll let you forget it.”

“Aish! Didn’t work.”

“Yeah Oppa…you pretty much fail..”

“Yah!” he said and let out a sigh. His heart was pounding. “I want to confess to you…to tell you exactly how I feel about you…but I don’t want to be rejected. I’m just going to say it though…because I can’t hold it in any longer. I’ve had feelings for you since we met…No, before we met. I saw the cutest little girl. Noona, practically shoved me in your direction. What am I saying ‘practically’, She did shove me!”

______ was just watching him and listening.

‘He said he has feelings for me.’ She thought, unable to speak. He was turning so red.

“uh…I…like being around you. I like being the one to cheer you up and make you happy. It used to be just us…and I miss that…I want to have time just the two of us again…no one else…The real reason I haven’t dated is…I-I’ve only been interested in you. I don’t see anyone else as a woman…just you, ______-ah. So...um since we’ll be getting married, maybe we could go on a date first.”

“A date?”

“Yeah.”

“A real…date?”

“Yes…o-only if you want to…”

‘Omo. Omo.. OMO!~ OMO!~~~’ she yelled in her head.

She just stared at him.

"Uh...okay...i knew i'd get rejected...Awkward...i'll just go."

He stood up to leave. She came back to the real world.

"w-wait.."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

♥ Omo!~ A Confession!!~~ ^-^ Kyaaaaa~ ♥