Chapter 51

Li Hing Gummy Bears

 

 

Yoseob was laying in the backyard snuggled up to ______.

“You know…we didn’t even celebrate our anniversary.” He said. “We definitely exchanged gifts but we never got to do anything.”

“Minki has become our top priority.” ______ said. “It’s hard to even pay attention to anything else but him.”

“I know what you mean. He’s a big distraction…and moments like this are rare.”

“You mean quiet Appa, and Umma moments?” She asked.

“Mm…What do we do for his first birthday?” he asked. “See?! I can’t even go one second without our little man popping into my mind. We should try it…going out on a date or hanging out with our friends.”

“It’s changed a lot after having a baby hmm?”

“Yeah but I wouldn’t trade our son for anything in the world.”

“You know…I think he’d be okay without me for a few hours after we weaned him off the feeding…but I don’t think he can handle a few hours without his Appa.”

“I’m not sure that you can either.” He teased.

“Oh I know I can’t.” she said. “I’d always miss you way too much if we couldn’t see each other.”

“Could be another reason that the guys you dated did not like me very much. IN THEIR FACES!!!~~ You’re mine, mine, MINE! Only mine!” he said nuzzling her neck.

“Stop it!” she giggled. “We belong to Minki too.”

“Not right now. Right now, you belong to just me, and I am only yours.”

They went into the house to find both pairs of grandparents, playing with Minki.

“Oh, Annyeong!” Yoseob said.

“Kids, we have a surprise for you!”

“What kind of surprise?” ______ asked.

“Well we know that you two didn’t get a chance to celebrate your one year wedding Anniversary so….” Mr. Yang said.

“Appa…what is it?!~” Yoseob whined. Minki crawled over and sat in his lap. “My Little Man!~”

“We have tickets for you two, to go on a weeklong trip to Jeju Island for your anniversary. The hotel room is already booked so all you need to do is pack your bags, get on the plane and go.”

“Really?!” ______ said staring at their parents, expecting it to be a joke. “You’re not joking right?”

“Of course not.” Mr. Kim said. “It will, definitely, give us more quality bonding time with our grandson.”

Later that evening, the put Minki to sleep, and packed their bags.

“I know he’s getting older and all but I’m still going to miss him a lot. Since he was born we’ve never been away from him for more than 5 hours.”

“Aww Yeobo, I think Appa is having more separation anxiety than Minki.”

“Well…yeah, there’s this bond between a father and his son.”

“Yeah I know…” ______ said snuggling close to him. “We can always take this trip some other time.”

“N-no…I’ll be okay.”

He wrapped his arms around her pulling her close.

“Are you sure, Yeobo?”

“Mhm.” He replied with a smile. “I need to do it now, or else, how will I deal with him going off to preschool, and kindergarten. He’s still not dating until he’s an old ahjussi.”

“By that time, Yeobo, we’ll be dead.”

“Exactly~, so you understand now?!”

______ giggled into the front of his shirt.

“Crazy, go to sleep.”

“I can’t…I’m stressing about leaving.”

“It’ll be okay, Yeobo. Minki will be safe with our parents and you know they will take good care of him. They  promised to call if he’s missing us.”

Yoseob calmed down and finally managed to get himself to sleep.

The next day they were getting ready to leave and Minki refused to let go of Yoseob’s shirt.

“Come on kiddo…” Haeyeon said. “…let go of Appa.”

Minki just held on tighter.

“Little man…you’re breaking Appa’s heart right now.” Yoseob said as tears began to form in his eyes.

“Saranghae, my baby boy, Appa and Umma will be back okay?” ______ said.

Gom Minki’s face to get his attention.

“Gomie!~ Take care of Minki okay?” Yoseob said earning a bark from Gom. He lightly pat his head. “Good boy.”

They finally managed to pry Minki off of Yoseob without him screaming his head off.

The entire flight to Jeju was a sulky one, for Yoseob.

______ slipped her hand into his.

“Aw…Yeobo, I miss our baby too. We’ll call when we get to the hotel to check up on him.” she said softly. ‘My poor Yeobo…’

When they called, Minki was doing just fine.

Knowing that, made Yoseob feel so much better.

“Are you okay now?” ______ asked.

“Yep, YEP!~” Yoseob sang. “He doesn’t hate us for leaving. Now I can actually enjoy this anniversary trip with you.”

______ smiled and kissed his cheek.

“I’m glad to have my, cheerful, Yeobo back. You don’t do well as sulky, emo boy. What shall we do while we’re here?”

“We could look for theme parks on Jeju.” Yoseob said. “Maybe we’ll find a huge toy for Minki. That way he won’t be so angry at us.”

He typed things into his phone to search for places to go.

“What are you searching under?”

“Theme parks on Jeju island.” He said taping the ‘search’ button. “It seems like all the entries on this page are of this Loveland place…”

“What is that?”

He clicked the link.

“AISH!!!~’ Yoseob squeaked. He covered his eyes and his cheeks turned pink. “Back up! Back Up!!~”

“What?! What is it?!”

“We have a GREAT life, we don’t need that theme park.”

“Why? What is it? Why are you blushing so much, Yeobo?”

“It’s a theme park. Yep…it says it right here in the description.”

“They actually have those?!”

“Well yea…apparently they do!~”

“What did you see?!” she giggled at his shocked expression.

“THINGS!!! Things, I can’t UN-see!!!!!! We definitely can’t bring back a souvenir for Minki from there!!!~ the only thing we’d come back with for him is a baby brother or sister. We don’t need another baby yet. I’m perfectly happy with the one we have.”

He passed her his phone to search.

“Poor Yeobo…”

“You have to look now! Find something safe and child friendly! Somewhere we could actually take Minki to when he gets old enough.”

“Haha you look so traumatized…” she giggled. “Here look, there’s a maze theme park, we could do that.”

“That sounds fun.” He said leaning over to look. ‘I like that better than…the other thing…’ She suddenly gasped and let out a squeal. “What?! Was it?! Did you accidently click on that Loveland? Yah…I warned y-…“

“No! It’s not that!” she giggled cutting him off. “This place is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR US!!!~~”

“Jagiya…a little too high pitched for me…” he whined. “What is it?”

“Look! The teddy bear museum! Come on, Teddy Bear Yeobo!~”

“Oh, really?! They have one of those?!”

“Yes!! Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go!!~”

______ jumped up and down cheerfully while pulling on Yoseob’s arm.

“That is so something we would go to.” He laughed.

“You want to?”

“DUH!~ It’s Teddy bears! Let’s go!”

“YAY!” she squealed and clapped.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

Poor Minki and Yoseob don't want to leave each other... =[

Of course the Teddy Bear museum is perfect for the teddy bear obsessed couple!~

^-^