Chapter 37

Li Hing Gummy Bears

 

 

“I want shave ice…come on let’s go get some!~” ______ said dragging him to a store.

“What?”

“Oh don’t worry you’ll definitely like it Yeobo!~”

“You keep saying that! About everything you make me try!”

“The only thing you didn’t like at the luau was the poi…but it was okay when eating it with something right?”

“I guess so…”

“See?!~~” she said cheerfully, clapping her hands.

Yoseob chuckled at his wife’s cuteness.

He heard some guys talking and checking her out.

“Ho brah! I like take that asian chick home with me tonight.”

“Oh yeah she’s cute…dude..”

He clenched his fists while gritting his teeth.

“Yeobo…Don’t..”

“They’re disrespecting you…acting like pigs! You’re my wife and you’re carrying my baby…I am going to be overprotective and pissed off…”

“You don’t want a beef with those guys…just ignore them okay?” she said looking into his eyes.

“How?!” he growled through his teeth.

“Just do it…calm down..”

“Aish! Fine..” He sighed and glared at the guys that were still talking about her.

“Yah! Don’t do that. You give them the stink-eye like that…you’re going to get into a huge scrap and he’s going to bring his boys over and I’m going to be a widow, making our baby fatherless.”

He looked at her instantly changing his expression to a smile.

“I love his you just brought our baby into this..”

“Of course..” she said with a smile. “It calmed you down didn’t it?”

“mm..” he chuckled. “But I just wanted to karang that jerks alas.”

She choked on her first bite of shave ice.

“W-what? Where did you learn that?” She laughed.

“Haeyeon Noona…she said it wen she threatened me..”

“Haha what? Why?!”

“It was before our first date…before we got together..”

“Probably a Jieun thing?” she asked.

“Ugh! I hate that evil …I mean female dog…Yep that’s what Appa meant baby.” Yoseob said rubbing her stomach.

“hahaha Yeobo, nice save! Baby, your Appa is quick..” she giggled.

He went to look around in the store.

“Brah…you go surfing before?” some random local guy said.

“No?” Yoseob replied.

“Ho brah! You missin’ out!”

“Oh?”

"Brah, i like go surfing but da waves stay pumping so hard...i scared i going eat ‘em and huli maka flip off my board...get all buss up."

Yoseob walked away scratching his head in confusion.

"brain freeze?" she asked seeing his expression.

"No...i'm just trying to figure out what that guy just said...was he talking to me? I think he was…he looked at me when he was talking…"

"hahaha Yeobo.." she giggled.

"What? I didn't even understand one word if what he just said."

“What did he say?” she asked and he tried to tell her in his broken pidgin which made her crack up.

"He wanted to go surfing...but the waves are too rough and he didn't want to get flipped off his board and fall down."

"Then why didn't he just say that?"

"He did haha you just didn't understand."

"Why is he telling me?"

"The aloha spirit...he was just being friendly."

"Yah...remember that time I had the bad hiccups...the cure you came up with?"

"The kiss?"

"That wasn't just a kiss..."

"What brought that up anyway Yeobo?"

"..do you think it might work for a brain freeze?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Just curious~~~"

He scooped a large amount of shave ice onto his spoon.

"What the...would you deliberately give yourself a brain freeze to get a kiss?"

"What?! N-No! No way...Never~" he said with shifty eyes as he toik a small bite off the spoon.

She shook her head while rolling her eyes knowingly.

"I know you were planning that.."

"Noo!~ Jagiya!~ I'm innocent.." he said giving her those eyes.

"Yeah right...you're such a e.." she giggled.

“Nuh uh!!” he said putting the whole scoop into his mouth, completely forgetting how much was on there. ”Aish! OH God!!!~”

“What?”

“BRAIN FREEZE!!!~” Yoseob said gripping his hair, squeezing his eyes shut tightly. “Ahhh~”

“You babo! You put that all into your mouth?!”

“Waaa!~ Ouch! Okay I’m good now!~” he sigh rubbing his temples. ‘I’m never doing THAT again!!~’

“Well since you’re still alive…I found something else I want you to try!”

“What is it?” he asked staring at the bag.

“Taste it!~~”

“Not until you tell me what it is, exactly..”

“Yeobo, just trust me…”

“Uh…okay…I’m trusting you…”

“Open your mouth..”

He hesitantly opened his mouth for her and she put something in.

“mmm…hmm? This is pretty good..” he said chewing the mystery snack.

“You like it?”

“Yes! It’s yummy! What is it?”

“Hibiscus..”

He stopped chewing and stared at her.

“W-what?”

“AHAHAHAHA!~” She laughed pointing at his face. “You should see your face right now!~”

“A hibiscus?!”

“Yep!~”

“Like…the flower hibiscus?”

“Yes…are there other hibiscuses…” she asked.

“Uhh….what? I’m eating a flower?” he asked staring at her through narrow eyes.

“The state flower…”

“Oh my god! Baby! Your Umma is trying to poison your Appa!~ How evil is she?!”

“I’m not trying to poison you!~”

“Are hibiscuses poisonous? Am I going to die? What happened to the thing about a widow with a fatherless baby?!”

“why would I feed it to you if it was poisonous you babo?!” She laughed. “You liked it though…before you know what it was…”

“Actually it tastes pretty good…you got it out of this bag right? Not off of that bush over there?”

“Of course!~” she laughed.

“Okay then…I think I’ll have another one!~” he said sticking his hand into the bag, popping snother piece into his mouth. “Once you get over the shock (SHOCK!) of realizing that you’re eating a flower…it’s actually not too bad…”

“baby your Appa is so cute!!~” ______ giggled rubbing her stomach. “Oh Yeobo…”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aish...i want shave ice now!!~ ^-^

haha Yoseobbie!~ ♥♥♥