Chapter 26

Li Hing Gummy Bears

A little over a month later, it was the day of the engagement party.

______ hadn’t been feeling well but she was excited about the party.

Both of their parents had put a lot of time and hard work into making it perfect, and turn it into something memorable that they would actually like.

Everyone was all dressed up formally, in dresses and suits, it reminded her of a royal ball.

‘Yoseobbie Oppa looks really handsome in that suit…’ ______ thought. ‘My handsome, adorable Teddy Bear Prince Oppa Hubby…Waa!~ his nickname is getting longer and longer!~ haha!’

“ Oppa looks bored with all the older relatives talking to him.” Yojin said stiffling  a laugh.

“Yeah I know…Poor Yoseobbie Oppa!~” ______ giggled then suddenly felt nauseous again. ‘Uh oh! It’s back…aish…Okay…it’s gone…Thank god…it was a false alarm!’

“______ Unnie!~ Are you sick?”

“I think so…I might be..”

“What are the symptoms?”

“I’ve been feeling kind of sluggish, and nauseous…lately. Maybe it’s just the flu..” she said. ‘hopefully, it’s just a flu…’

“Are you sure you’re okay ______ unnie?” Yojin asked. “Should we call Oppa?”

“No I’m okay..” she said. “He’ll just worry and it’s not that bad right now…I’m really fine.”

 ‘Why do I have to be sick now?! I can’t let it ruin this day…I’ll just…endure it!~’ she thought. ‘We both have a lot of family here.’

She had been greeting a lot of people, giving hugs, and getting congratulated.

They were about to have dinner and she already felt like throwing up.

Yoseob definitely noticed the change in her expression.

“Yah…______-ah…are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

“You don’t look like it…Are you sick?”

“huh?”

“You look pale like you want to throw up…you haven’t touched your food. Have you eaten at all today?”

“yes…but it didn’t stay down…I think it’s just a flu or something…I’m fine…See?” she said taking a bite of her dinner while fighting back the urge to gag. “See? I’m good.”

He eyed her suspiciously but let it go for the rest of the party.

After the partyhe was sitting in her room smiling while twirling the couple engagement ring on her finger.

“we really are engaged now…” Yoseob whispered in her ear

“I’m so happy I get to marry you…” she said wrapping her arms around him.

“You know…we’ve been engaged for a while but now it feels more official.” He said. “It’s like this party made it sink in…”

“It made our engagement a reality?” she asked snuggling close.

“Yeah pretty much..”

He her hair and kissed her forehead.

“You’re worrying me!~”

“why?”

“Because you’re sick right now and you didn’t tell me…”

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to worry you..” she said.

“Didn’t exactly work..”

“I’m sorry…tonight was a very big deal for us…I made it through the whole thing without puking so…Yay ME!!!~~”

He chuckled feeling her forehead and neck.

“it’s not a fever…” he said softly. “Is it your stomach? You couldn’t even eat your dinner…but you tried.”

“When I got home…I threw it all back up..”

“You should rest…lay down…I’ll take care of you..” he said.

“Yoseobbie Oppa!~~”

“what? Don’t ‘Yoseobbie Oppa!~~’ me! I Will…so listen to me and rest..”

“Oppa..”

“Hmm..”

“I know what it might be…”

“what?” he asked. She blushed at the memory.

“Well remember that one night we…”

“We what?”

“Seriously Yoseobbie Oppa? Have you been spending too much time with the innocent maknae, Kikwangie Oppa?”

“Huh?”

“I’m late..”

“For what?” he asked.

“Yoseobbie Oppa…remember that one night we spent in my bed?” She said. ‘Aish! Do I have to explain every little detail to him again…uh oh…it’s coming back.’ “Excuse me!!”

She ran passed him straight to the bathroom to throw up.

He went after her to hold back her long hair.

It continued a few more times until nothing else came out. He dampened a washcloth and cleaned her up.

Haeyeon and Yojin walked in.

“______ unnie?! Are you still sick?” Yojin said.

“Where are you?”

“bathroom..” Yoseob answered.

 “______ unnie…maybe you’re pregnant..” Yojin tried to joke.

Yoseob finally put it all together and looked at ______ who just looked away.

‘Duh! That must be it!’ he thought.

“Geez…it was a joke…What’s with all the seriousness?” Yojin asked.

“That’s not possible right?” Haeyeon said and glared at Yoseob grabbing the collar. “RIGHT?!?!”

“Noona..”

“You didn’t use a …”

“it just…happened..” Yoseob said softly.

“You realize how it would look for her…her reputation..”

“But we’re engaged..it’s official now…I’ll always take care of her. Whether she has my baby in her or not…I’ve always planned to spend my life with her…”

“I’m kind of happy to, maybe, be getting a niece or nephew. Didn’t expect it might happen this soon but…”

“wait…what?! I was right?” Yojin said staring between the newly engaged couple and Haeyeon.

“______-ah…have you taken a test yet?” Haeyeon asked.

“N-no..” ______ said shaking her head.

“I’ll be back…it might look weird you going into a store for a pregnancy test a couple of hours after your engagement party. You!” she said pointing to Yoseob. “…stay here and keep her company.”

He just nodded as the other two girls walked out again.

“Is that what you were trying to say?”

“mm.” she nodded.

“Aish! The suspense is killing me!!!~” he whined.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it killing you too?! XD muahaha