Chapter 1

Li Hing Gummy Bears

 

"Umma…I’m home.” ______ said. “and Yoseobbie Oppa is here too!~”

“eomeonim, abeonim…how are you?” Yoseob asked and noticed his parents seated next to her parents. “Umma…Appa…you’re here?”

“Take a seat we have something we’d like to discuss with you both.”

 “Okay.” They said looking at each other and wondering what the hell was going on.

______ sat down in a seat across from Yoseob.

 “Proceed.” He said.

“Well since you were little  we talked about arranging a marriage. Between the two of you. Yoseob and  ______. It’s good for our companies and for our families.”

"wait...WHAT?!" the two shouted from surprize.

“We are going to plan the wedding.”

“but we’re still in high school.” ______ said softly.

“you can get married with parent or guardian’s consent..”

 Their parents gave a long lecture on why the marriage would be beneficial and made a lot of good points.

They freaked out for a moment and let the information sink in.

Yoseob  and ______ were sitting out on the front porch to recover from the unexpected information that was thrown at them. He looked at her and his heart started to race.

‘______ is going to be my wife?’

‘Yoseobbie Oppa…is going to be my husband?’ she thought playing with the petals of a flower, she had just picked up.

They had been best friends since the day they met…Everything was about to change now.

“Us? They was ‘US’ to get married? They have to be kidding right? Why would I marry you?” she said.

“______-ah...is the idea being engaged to me such a bad thing? At least we know each other and dont hate each other. You dont hate me...right?"

She blushed but frowned seeing his sad rejected expression.

"n-no Oppa...of course n-not." she managed to stutter out. 'he's too handsome and too cute!'

"well its our parents wishes...we should just make the best of it."

She sighed and just nodded.

“Yes I guess..”                                                              

'is it so bad to marry me...what do the guys she’s dated have that I don’t?’

His phone rang snapping him out of his thoughts.

“Oh Jieun-ah!~”

______ frowned and walked away to let him flirt in peace.

“noona!~ Hyung!~”

“I’ll call you later cuteness.” Yoseob said. “Where’s ______?”

“I don’t know…I came but Noona was already leaving. Hyung!~~ who’s ‘cuteness’?”

“Jieun…”

“aww hyung!~ you know ______ noona doesn’t like her!~” Dongwoon whined.

“why?”

"Hyung...you and ______ noona look good together. I thought you liked noona?"

"I do…i…love her but she doesnt want to marry me..."

"Hyung...what are you talking about?! Marry?!?!"

"We were told about a half an hour ago...we're getting married...its an arranged engagement..."

He sighed.

'why dont you love me, ______-ah?! I would give you the world...im the right man for you...' he thought.

The two guys walked over to her house and saw her sitting under a tree eating something in a little baggie that was covered with red powder.

 

--flashback-------

 

A seven year old Yoseob was laying outside. He saw an adorable little girl.

"umma? Who is she?"

"the daughter of my friend who is moving in next door. Why dont you go introduce yourself...you could make a friend."

"shes so cute!~" Haeyeon giggled.

"shh...noona...she mught hear you."

"aw...baby brother has a crush at first sight...aww its so cute!~ Now go! Say something to her."

She pushed him in that direction. He blushed so much.

"oh...Annyeonghaseyo!!~" She said cheerfully.

"annyeonghaseyo…” he said shyly looking down at his feet.

“I’m Kim ______.”

“Yang Yoseob…why are your fingers red?”

“Oh Li Hing Gummy Bears…want one?”

“a what?”

“it’s a salty, sweet, sour thing…I don’t know but it’s Yummy! Try One.” She said holding out the baggie to him. He stuck his hand in and pulled out a gummy bear and eyed it suspiciously.

“Is it poisonous?” he said examining it a bit more. She giggled. He looked really adorable. He touched it with the tip of his tongue. His face suddenly turned into a smile and he put it in his mouth. “Waaa!~”

“It’s good right?!”

“Yes…it’s so YUMMY!~~~”

She smiled and offered him some more.

“what did you say it is?”

“Li Hing Gummy bears.”

“Waaa!~ I love  it!~”

She took a gummy bear out, looked at it and then back at him.

“What?” he asked.

“Oppa…it looks just like you!~”

“what?”

“it’s cute…and you’re cute like a Teddy Bear…You’ll be my Teddy Bear Oppa!~”

Her cuteness made him laugh.

From that moment on they became best friends.

 

----end of flashback-----------------------

 

He smiled at the memories and went over to her.