162

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's gaze sent shivers down Siyeon's spine and she had the urge to avert her eyes. “Do you hate him that much?” she asked him, trying to sound as neutral as possible.”
Clicking his tongue, Baekhyun flicked his bangs out of his way, and at the same time he brushed off Siyeon's hand, which just had disinfected one of his wounds. “I despise, loath and hate him with everything I have.”

The first time Siyeon had seen Baekhyun and Kyungsoo she hadn't seen anything of that hate. Well, they haven't looked like brothers, more like good friends but not like... enemies.

“Is it because you are his Warrior?”

Again Baekhyun's laugh reeked with mockery and this time Siyeon was close to hit him. “You are too naïve to think that this is the reason. I could care less about being his Warrior. There are other reasons.”
Now she only had to find out what those other reasons were. Never in his life time Baekhyun would tell her, unless she would start digging deeper. “Does it have to do with your family?”

Siyeon noticed that Baekhyun stiffened slightly, and slight waft of coldness rushed through his eyes. So it did have to do with his family. At the ball Siyeon had seen how difficult Kyungsoo's mother was to handle and how cruel she was. She couldn't even imagine how hard it must have been to grow up with someone like her.
But, there were things Siyeon could not put together yet. At the age of five Baekhun had to kill his mother, Siyeon remembered the talk with him clearly.

Why did he kill his mother? Baekhyun didn't look like the kind of person who would kill someone he truly loved, and it was clear that he loved her so much. Every time he talked about her, he looked so pained and guilty.
“You are so nosy and annoying,” he suddenly grumbled and stood up. Baekhyun didn't come far though because Siyeon pushed him right back onto the bed. “I am not done yet.”

A sigh came over his lips but he kept sitting. “It's clear to me that I am nosy and annoying but that's who I am. Unlike you I didn't grow up in the mageíyan society, so it is not natural that I am being curious?”
Snorting, Baekhyun tried not to move around much as Siyeon put one band aid on his temple. “Yeah, but you are curious about the wrong things. This is my private life. You have no right to meddle with it.”

Even though Baekhyun was right Siyeon knew that whatever Baekhyun was hiding, it would eat him up someday to the point where he would close up from his friends more and more.

“Fine, you are right,” Siyeon muttered in exhaustion as she put the final band aid under his lower lip. As she turned around to stand up, Baekhun suddenly grabbed her hand. “You probably ask yourself why I dislike Kyungsoo so much, even though he is my brother when the reason is not the Master-Warrior bond. Well, it partly has to do with it. People probably have told you that the bond has to be mutual and that there are different ways to achieve it. The latter is true but the first a flat out lie. The bond doesn't have to be mutual at all.”

Slowly and gradually Baekhyun's grip tightened and Siyeon immediately knew that she was close to hear something important about Baekhyun. Something important that was horrible and terrifying at the same time. “Sachiko, Kyungsoo's mother, married my father after my mother's death. Since you saw her, you probably know already that she only pays attention to her powerful children. She also had a problem with other powerful children who are in her family and who are not hers.”

The image of Sachiko hitting her own son in the public rose up in Siyeon's memory and she nodded slowly. “I am one of those children. She hated me because she thought I have greater potential than Kyungsoo, that I am more powerful than him.”

Baekhyun trembled. He really trembled, so as if he feared something or someone. Siyeon sat down next to him and put her other hand over his. This was the only thing she could do to make him feel more comfortable and more safe. “Are you? Are you more powerful than him?” Siyeon knew that both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were Ísos but she didn't know the extend of their powers.
“I don't know because Sachiko made sure to put a leash on me. You want to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter