96

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara looked like she was in pain since she kept rubbing her neck until her skin was completely red. Kato had a few scratches but it was nothing all too serious. “Should we go and see Mr. Zhang or Mr. Han?” he asked Ara with concern but she only waved his worries off.
“Oh shut up, I am fine,” she growled but leaned against him as he laid his arm around her. A few other students had brought Jihu and Meilin to the infirmary because of the severe wounds. Burns to the second degree and Hikari had commented that that just now hadn't even been Kato's full power.

It wondered Siyeon a bit; for a Warrior, Kato was a bit too powerful when it came to the use of magic.
“The two of you were quite considerate with your surroundings. You know, Siyeon, usually the surroundings get damaged as well,” Maél chuckled as a few students suddenly ran past them.
“Hey, what's going on?” Kato called after them with curiosity. “Someone challenged Kai for a fight! Whoever that was, he must be stupid or simply mad!” the student shouted back before he disappeared.

“Do you want to go and see it?” asked Ara as she saw Siyeon's curious gaze. For a moment, Siyeon played with the thought of saying no but she decided to be honest. “Yes, why not.”
She never had seen any of the boys in an actual fight but she knew from the rumors and the whispers that they must be powerful. Siyeon never had doubted those rumors though because she had visited their core worlds before. The magical capabilities she had felt there had been enough to erase all doubts she had and she was scared about the safety of the challenger more than about Kai's.

The challengers were two guys, both first years as well, and both taller than Kai and buffer. They looked more like body builders and Kai looked strangely fragile compared to them.
As Kai saw Siyeon arriving with the others, he shot her smile before he turned around to Sehun and Baekhyun, who stood behind him. “Be serious but don't hurt them too much,” said Sehun lazily while he sat down on a bench. It would be over in a few minutes be he wanted to see a good show.

“When is Kai ever serious in a fight? Especially against those small fries like them?” Baekhyun sighed but also sat down. More students had gathered around Kai and the duo until it was a big crowd.

“I don't even know why you two guys asked me out for a fight,” Kai stated loudly so that everyone could hear it, making it obvious how he thought about them. They couldn't even compete with him in every way.
“Don't think so highly of yourself only because your father is a council member you arrogant bastard.”
The two guys seemed to bear a grudge against Kai, who, on the other hand, looked like he didn't know them. His whole posture seemed relaxed.

“Give me a proper fight, I have to impress someone,” said Kai and couldn't help herself but to think that those words were directed at her.
“Kai, shut up. There are too many people,” Sehun warned him, his voice sharp and scolding. “Yes, yes I know. I will stop.”

“He wants to impress you,” Hikari chuckled into Siyeon's ear and a faint blush appeared on her face. “That's not true,” she denied and in her mind, Siyeon kicked Kai to the moon. In the end, Kai just had been his usual self, cocky and very self-confident. Despite that, Siyeon was actually quite interested in the fight itself. Kai was an Ísos, that same as her and he had to fight against a Warrior and his Master. Two against one, and the two didn't look weak either.

“Should we start now?” asked Kai with a grin. He changed his stance so that his right foot and his right shoulder stood forward. Siyeon immediately could recall one of the first things she had learned from her martial arts mentor. Always try to provide your opponent with less target as possible.
Kai made a daring gesture with his hand but none of the pair moved. Siyeon guessed that the shorter one was the Warrior since he looked a bit more muscular than the other guy.

“Oh come on, you guys are so boring.”

Just as Kai finished his sentence the Warrior dashed forward. He was exceptional fast for his height, weight and his general built. For a moment, Kai seemed to be surprised as well because his reaction was a bit slow, or so it seemed. The fist nearly hit him in the face, but then Kai made a step to the side,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter