190

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mao tried not to push Siyeon even though he knew that something wasn’t quite right. But he also knew that he couldn’t press her now. Sooner or later she would tell him anyways. To cheer her up, he pulled out his phone and stopped in front of the Christmas trees and turned them so that their backs were towards the tree. “Smile for me.” Of course she did not smile and instead of a nice couple picture, he got a picture with her staring wide eyed at his camera. It made him laugh because she looked really cute. “I thought you would like it, considering you were watching the other couple at the coffee shop.”


“You saw that?”


“Oh honey, of course I saw that. You should know me by now.”


She elbowed him with a laugh, but then turned towards the cam and smiled. They took a couple of nice pictures and he even managed to sneak one in were he kissed her on the cheek. It was the first time taking pictures together, and Mao would cherish this moment. He could understand her urge to keep their relationship hidden. He did not care much if other people would find out about it. The only one who would worry him was Matsuda since he clearly had a crush on Siyeon. Sooner or later he would need to have a talk with his baby brother. That would be a talk he definitely would not enjoy.


He quickly send the pictures to Siyeon, whose face lit up like the lights of the Christmas tree behind them. It was a beautiful sight to see. Mao had been a bit startled when he had seen Siyeon’s new makeover, but it suited her well, especially the new hair colour. “You look really pretty today, Siyeon.” He hadn’t told her yet, but it was very clear that she had put in a lot of effort and thought into it. 


She looked at him suspiciously. Mao could feel her mind rattling, thinking that there was a hidden meaning behind his words. “I mean it, Siyeon. You look really, really pretty.”


Siyeon’s eyes narrowed even more but her expression softened when Mao smiled. Mao’s gaze wandered and he sighed. He couldn’t tell Siyeon that he had seen her 3 Warriors following them. She would be worried, and he didn’t want the them butting in on their date. ing idiots. If they were at the college now he would have gone and beat them up. He send a small electric spark through the air that would implode in front of their eyes, as a warning to keep their distance.


“Mao, are you alright?” Siyeon asked, noticing his absence of mind. “Yes, So, where did you want to go?”


She pulled him along. They walked quite a bit, before she stopped in front of a high rise building, which Mao recognized as the Shibuya Sky Observatory. “Iori and I went here often when we were still in high school. We swore to be friends forever.” A nostalgic expression hushed over her face, and for a moment Mao was a bit jealous of a girl he never had met before. The feeling disappeared fast because he also knew that it was childish. Siyeon cherished her best friend and Mao would not have any ill feelings towards her. Since they had to buy tickets they headed towards the ticket counter. 


Siyeon just wanted to return his credit card to him as she froze. Her face paled and there was a slight tremble in her hand. He followed her gaze and it landed on another couple that just cane towards them. They were around Siyeon’s age, the guy shorter than Mao, his brown hair neatly styled in a modern way. The girl was around Siyeon’s height, slim an delicate looking, her hair long and black. Neither of them hadn’t noticed Siyeon yet, but when the guy looked up, he had to take a double take before he suddenly halted as well. Mao could feel an echo of nausea and uneasiness from Siyeon’s core world but he held back just now. It was not his time to step in… yet. 


The guy had an above average looking face but Mao wouldn’t have called him handsome. He had a sensible clothing style though so he probably was a university student. “Siyeon?” he whispered. It was an unsure question. “Hi, Kasuma,” she said back, a tremble in her voice. 
Kasuma’s companion looked at them with confusion before it seemed to click for her. “Wait, Siyeon? Your ex?”


Siyeon’s mouth pressed into a thin, bitter line. So it was her ex boyfriend. Mao disliked him immediately. “Wait, isn’t she the one who was bad in bed?” the other woman blurted out. A heavy flush appeared on Siyeon’s face, an expression of panic and anger rushing through her eyes before they settled of just staring blankly at Kasuma. “I hope you are doing well,” she said, ignoring her ex’s companion. “I am doing alright. Attending Toyko University right now. Uhm, what are you doing here?”


Mao wasn’t a violent person, usually, but everything about that guy was punchable. His body language told Mao that he was an arrogant prick that only cared about himself. The woman girl next to him seemed like an airhead as well, blurting private stuff about Siyeon out like it was gossip on the street. Siyeon’s hand had fisted to a tight fist, her knuckles white. She was probably this close to punch him. Before this could happen, Mao stepped extended his arm, his expression neutral. “I’m Mao, Siyeon’s boyfriend.” He didn’t even try to be nice but he couldn’t turn off his natural charm. Kasuma blinked at him a couple of times, then looked between Mao and Siyeon back and forth so as if he couldn’t believe that they were together. The guy seemingly was too confused to shake Mao’s hand, and when his companion wanted to shake his hand, he dropped it and threw her the coldest gaze that hell would probably have frozen over. The other girl paled and finally shut up. 


“Your boyfriend?” Kasuma asked slowly. “Yes, my boyfriend,” she replied, taking Mao’s hand to stable herself. He send a wave of power through her, a whisper of support that said I am here. “We are on a date and you seemingly seem to be on one as well. Don’t want to take up more of your time. Have a good evening.”


Siyeon’s jaw was so tight, her head turn rigid. As Kasuma moved to touch her shoulder, he suddenly slipped and fell. He fell face forward into a puddle of cold, muddy snow water that had appeared out of nowhere. There had been a small surge of power and Siyeon’s head snapped towards more, who inconspicuously raised his hands. It hadn’t been him, even though he had the urge to seriously hurt the guy. She narrowed his eyes at him while he still tried to tell her that it wasn’t him who had done that but she also gave Kasuma her hand to help him up since his date was seemingly unable. “Are you okay?” she asked, her expression a bit softer now. Siyeon’s ex tried to wipe the muddy water from his face and out of his eyes. His front was dirty and wet now and he was visibly embarrassed. “I am fine. Just… I am sorry, Siyeon.”
She just stared at Kasuma before she said “Go home, Kasuma. You need to get changed.”


For a moment it looked like Kasuma wanted to say more but then he only turned and walked away, his companion hurrying after him.
From one moment to the other, the anger left Siyeon and she wobbled a bit on her feet. Mao laid his arm around her waist, which was a bit awkward due to the bags between them, but she needed him right now. “I was this close to hitting him,” she whispered. Mao sneaked a kiss on the top of her head, not caring if people would stare. “Should I go after him and beat him up?” A chuckle shook her body but she also said “No, you did enough already.”


“Love, if you mean his sudden fall, I didn’t have anything to do with that. I swear on everything that is holy to me and you know that’s not much.” 


The last part he added after she gave him a long, long stare. Then she turned around, an incredulous expression on her face. “I can’t believe it.”


——————————————————————————


Rui was this close to strangle Pýr who couldn’t shut up the whole way they followed Siyeon through the city. Kinji looked like he wanted to smack someone, which was rare from the giant. It hadn’t helped that got approached by multiple women and girls had tried asking them on a date. At first they had declined respectfully but after a while they just resorted to staring.  They had hijacked a cab and the poor driver had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter