182

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The headmaster looked younger than she had imagined. He had a gentle look on his face and a calming aura but that didn’t fool Siyeon. She could feel the power he emitted, nearly unbearable and hurting. It made Siyeon taking a step back away from him which the headmaster noticed, of course.  “My name is Shinya Ibusaki. My, I have to say you really do look a lot like your mother. Though that curious gaze… that’s definitely your father’s.”

Siyeon’s heart skipped a beat. So the Headmaster knew her parents!

Before she could ask anything the headmaster pointed at a chair. “I know you have a lot of question but first sit down and let me get us some tea and cookies.”

It was neither tea nor cookies that Siyeon wanted. She couldn’t be patient right now, couldn’t hold back the questions. “How do you know my parents? How are they? As people I mean… And are they still…”
A chuckle interrupted her questioning as the headmaster sat down and poured her some tea. “Your parents would be very proud of you. It’s just so sad that the tragedy happened and your parents were involved.”

Sighing, the smile disappeared from the headmaster’s face. “T-tragedy? What tragedy?” Siyeon whispered.

“The tragedy, the big shame in our history which is also a taboo to talk about. Luckily barely anyone remembers what truly happened.” There was an expression on the headmaster’s face which Siyeon couldn’t quite read. “You already know the history of our people, right? Well, it’s not entirely the truth though. We stem from an ancient tribe which today is just a myth. You have heard from Atlantis, right? We are the descendants from the people of Atlantis. Originally our ancestors were normal people as well. Someday they found a mystical stone and that stone was what granted them the powers we have today. The powers could be passed down to their children and over the generations the people of Atlantis became greedy. They wanted more power but it ended in a disaster.

They destroyed the island which they called home by themselves and Atlantis got engulfed by the sea. It was a hard lesson for our ancestors. To learn that they couldn’t use their powers in certain way they wanted and that they now had to blend in with the humans.”

Whatever the headmaster just told her it was completely different from what she already knew. But why did they teach history in such a different way from what it actually was?

“The people who attacked you are the enemies of our people. We mostly teach that those enemies were humans who learned dark magic but the truth is that those people actually are the same as we are… kind of. They are broken Mageíyas. Extremely powerful people but unlike us they can’t control every element. It’s not like they are bad at certain elements they absolutely can’t control it but they have other abilities instead, at least some of them.”

A heavy frown appeared on Siyeon’s face. “Why do you do that? Teaching the history different? That’s… just wrong! You have to teach the students the true story!”

“Siyeon, not everyone likes to hear that their own people are their biggest enemies. It’s always easier to blame someone else,” said the headmaster with a sorry expression on his face. Siyeon understood what he was trying to tell her but it still as wrong in her opinion. There were many countries who taught history in the wrong way and glorified their own country way too much. For now though she would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter