131

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A frown appeared on Todd's face as he saw Kyungsoo approaching Siyeon and he stepped back immediately. Siyeon was really surprised to see Kyungsoo since she wouldn't have expect him to come after her at all. “What are you doing here?” she whispered but he only smiled and laid his hand on her shoulder.
“The others were a bit concerned that you maybe could get into trouble so I decided to go after you. Seems like it was a good idea, wasn't it?”

His smile disappeared as he looked at Todd and Kyungsoo pulled Siyeon towards him. “Don't you think that you bothered her enough, especially after today?” he said with a serious tone even though he didn't lose his politeness. “I'm not going to harm her! Todd called out but Kyungsoo only shook his head.
“You already did. Leave, or else I have to challenge you to a fight and believe me, I'm stronger than I look like!”
The thread seemed to work since Todd suddenly turned around and walked away.

He suddenly stopped, turned his head and threw Siyeon a sorry gaze, before he disappeared. “Thanks a lot, Kyungsoo but... you could have been less harsh to him,” said Siyeon with a thoughtful expression on her face. She still stared after Todd because she wasn't quite sure what to think of that encounter just now.
A sigh from Kyungsoo made her turn her head immediately and she met his soft haze. “You are too nice sometimes. You know that some of us count niceness as a weakness, but I don't think I have to tell you that.”

No, he had not to. She had seen how brutal and patriarchal and elitist the mageíyan society could be and it was frightening.

“Come, it's late. I'm going to accompany you,” Kyungsoo said with a smile and offered her his arm. Since he always was this gentleman like, Siyeon took his offering and hooked her arm in his. “What will the others think of this?” Siyeon asked curious since she already knew how crass they sometimes could react.

“They won't like it, Chanyeol and Kai especially,” Kyungsoo chuckled and he gave Siyeon a look from the side.

“They like you, you know and they are a bit overprotective when it comes to you,” he explained but it seemed like Siyeon was already aware of that. The question was, if Siyeon was aware of how much they liked her. “It's fine to me if they are not exaggerating it. It's not like I am a completely helpless.”

Oh, Kyungsoo definitely could testify that Siyeon wasn't a damsel in distress. She already had won a fight and she had managed to defend herself from Todd. A helpless person never could have done something like that. It was especially admirable that she really had done all that without the help of a Warrior.
“Kyungsoo, can I ask you something?” Siyeon suddenly asked and Kyungsoo cocked his brow. Siyeon hesitated to ask the question because, again, it was a quite personal question.

She knew though that Baekhyun wouldn't talk about it and maybe Kyungsoo was a bit more open about all this. “Well... you and Baekhyun, what is your relationship to each other?”
Unlike Baekhyun, Kyungsoo didn't stiffened at her question and he didn't look like he would kill someone at any minute. He rather looked a bit tired and sorry. A sigh came over his lips and he tilted his head to the side.
“We are step-brothers. My mother married his father as his mother passed away. I think you met her at the ball.”

Kyungsoo's lips turned to a thin line and his expression turned dark for a second. It seemed like he didn't like to remember what happened at that time, just like Si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter