21

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was already used to his friend's behavior at the table but he couldn't help himself but to be totally fascinated by how much of a glutton both Kai and Chanyeol actually were. They could eat for three people and probably more, if there wouldn't be someone to stop them. “Enough, both of you,” Baekhyun said coldly but then he smiled one of his rare smiles and waved at the waiter. “Two more bowls of rice, please,” he ordered and the waiter nodded and disappeared again.

It was Saturday and since they hadn't anything to do, they followed Sehun's invitation for lunch. Since it was Sehun's treat, the others exploit it without having a bad feeling. “I'm interested in why you two suddenly interrupted your fight,” Kyungsoo suddenly said to Sehun and the still eating Chanyeol, who both were a bit confused by the question. “Well, she fainted, obviously,” Chanyeol answered with a full mouth. “Why should we continue a fight which would have been interrupted anyways,” Sehun added while nibbling at the rim of his glass.

Kyungsoo looked like he wanted to say something more but then he simply shook his head and smiled. “I pity her somehow though. She actually has no clue about our society and then she got thrown into the cold water, just like that. Must be hard on her.” Baekhyun looked up from his book and glanced over to Kyungsoo. “Why are you bringing this whole issue up? It's not like it would affect us or has anything to do with us,” he said irritated, but still cool.

“Well, everyone's talking about her, and I met her as she got attacked. She wasn't alone at this time though. Have you seen her expression as she returned from the talk with Mr. Zhang? Poor girl.” Sehun barely has paid any attention to Siyeon in class, and if he had to be honest, he didn't find her interesting. The only thing that made her interesting was the fact that she didn't knew about him and his people, but still got accepted at Prosperity High. “What makes me curious is who actually allowed her to attend our college,“ Kai muttered silently.

“You don't know?” Chanyeol asked with wide eyes and Kai gave him the weirdest gaze. “Why should I know?” he retorted and looked at Sehun. “Don't look at me with that gaze. I don't know either.” As Kai raised his brow, Sehun's expression darkened. “Your family... well, never mind.” If Sehun said he didn't know it, it mostly was like it. “Then she is a mystery,” a smile appeared on Kyungsoo's face and he chuckled a bit. “Why are you laughing?”

Baekhyun was more than just irritated by Kyungsoo's behavior and he wanted to punch that smirk from his friend's face. “You are all secretly interested in her, except for Sehun, right?” The others stopped eating, just to look at Kyungsoo. “I think you are going nuts,” Chanyeol said, now all serious. “Your ability is confusing your mind,” Baekhyun retorted with a dry voice.

Kyungsoo had a very strange ability, a strange deviation of the usual powers a Mageíya had, and it wasn't always quite accurate. “I think the others are right. I know that you want to train your ability, but please, not on us necessarily.” Sehun let out a sigh and shook his head. Kyungsoo was an idiot sometimes, a nice idiot, but an idiot nevertheless, and sometimes too kindhearted. He always pitied people, whether they were people he knew or not. “Still, she will get into a lot of trouble,” Kyungsoo muttered, whereupon Kai chuckled.

“That is not our problem, not necessarily.”

Kai glanced over to Sehun who ignored him rigorously. “Not my problem,” he said as Kai didn't look away. Each of them had enough problems and neither of them had the time to take care of a problem, which wasn't even their problem. Besides that, Siyeon was an ordinary, normal girl for them, j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter