154

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The desert was simple ice cream but it was decorated and served so prettily that Siyeon didn't even dare to touch it at first. “Do you have more questions?” Sera asked Siyeon with a gentle smile. Of course she had more questions, many more questions, but she wanted to know one thing the most. “How are my parents? Character wise, I mean,” she asked and Shigen's expression turned completely mellow and soft.

“Your father is a charismatic man, friendly to everyone and he has that certain ability that makes all people around him like him and trust him without a doubt, you know? At least that was the impression I always got from him when we hung out together with other friends and people who didn't know him. Of course, there are always exceptions but those were rare. He is a leader person, a natural leader I might add, but not a forceful one. He is just a wonderful person and a great friend.”

Shigen's expression revealed how much he must missed Siyeon's father, wherever he was.

“His wife, your mother, is just like him. She is the backbone behind his leadership and his strength. Gentle and a family person through and through, but she can be quite a bad as well, if she wants to. She has incredible strength and many people underestimated her for that she is such a gentle person. She has more magical power than your father, actually but many people didn't know that.”

The ice in Siyeon's mouth started to taste bitter sweet and she noticed that she had gripped the spoon a bit too tight.

Her parents sounded like very lovely people and she felt like crying again. Shigen and Sera knew her parents by far better than she knew them and it just made her sad.
As she turned her head, she saw that there was someone who was even more confused than she was. Chanyeol stared at his ice cream, which was completely untouched, and seemed to think about the things his parents just had told Siyeon.

He seemed so helpless but he also seemed to wreck his brain about it.

For the rest of the dinner, they didn't talk about Siyeon's parents anymore. They talked about pretty banal stuff, but the mood never completely lightened up again. Still, Shigen and Sera were nice people, and they didn't mean to harm her at all.
It somehow made her feel a lot safer to know that there were people in the mageíyan world who actually cared for her.

“Have a safe trip back, though nothing should happen if our driver drives you back. It was nice having you here,” Sera smiled and gave Siyeon a friendly kiss on the cheek. Shigen gave her a tight hug and a pat on the head.
“See you next time then. Take care of yourself.” Oh yes, it surely wasn't the last time Siyeon would meet Shigen. Chanyeol accompanied her to the entrance of the house, where the limousine already waited for her. He seemed unusually quiet and his smile unusually wary.

“I am sorry that this couldn't shed a lot more light on your real identity,” he whispered all of sudden. Even though he said those words, there was something else in his voice. It sounded like bitterness and jealousy but Siyeon wasn't sure. “It's fine. I got more answers, even though I really hoped that someone could have told me that that my parents still are alive.”

Siyeon didn't want to believe that they were dead. Somewhere they still must be alive.

“So, Rui and Pýr have a connection to you. Rui's words weren't a lie then?” Now his jealousy seeped though, which took Siyeon back a bit. “It seemed like a white lie at first but it now... well, we surely have a connection.”
Chanyeol only nodded while he opened the door for Siyeon. “See you on Monday then.”
He hugged Siyeon rather hesitantly this time but Siyeon put her arms around him and thanked him silently. “Thanks for bringing me here, Chanyeol. Thanks for everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter