Chapter 09

D Loves N

 

“Damn it! Who the hell stole my favorite pen?!” The big sized guy searched his own bag thoroughly, and he still couldn’t find it. He quickly turns to face his lackeys, glaring at them as if they are the culprit. “Spill it. Who took it?!” He roared, sending shivers down their spines.

 

“Oppa.” Suddenly, someone called him from behind. He turns around to see an unfamiliar face.

 

“Say, I don’t think we’re close enough for you to be calling me that, little miss. What’s the matter?” Raising an eyebrow, the guy approaches the group of girls standing outside his hideout. Gulping, the leader of the group tries not to back off due to fear. She has an aim. A motive, for coming here. She got the big guy to lower his body a little so that she could whisper into his ear. “Are you sure? She doesn’t look like a thief. Plus, why would she want to steal my favorite pen?”

 

“That’s it. You didn’t believe me because she appears to be a nerd, someone that would not care about anything but studies. Someone that won’t dare to commit crimes, right?” The girl smirks as the big guy nodded. “That’s why. It’s her mask. It’s to cover her crimes. So that no one will ever suspect her. Trust me. I saw her taking it. You can check her pencil case, if you don’t believe.”

 

“… Okay. Where’s that daring girl?”

 

“The library.”

 

“Guys, let’s go. We got a thief to deal with.” The big guy stomps out of his hideout with his lackeys following behind. Seeing that, the girls started laughing. Their plan works. Almost perfectly.

 

“That will teach that nerd a lesson, not to come close to our oppas…” The leader smirks, as she pictures how those gangsters will deal with that girl.

-----

The bespectacled girl sat down at her usual place and took out her books quietly. Everyday, she would come to the library after school, to do her homework and to revise. However, today, it’s quite different. The tall girl followed her, but sat at a different spot. Purely because she didn’t have the key to the guys’ house, and the guys aren’t home due to extra curriculum activities. The bespectacled girl sighed when she saw the tall girl sleeping.

 

“You’re going to catch a cold like this, Sooyoung ssi. It’s cold in here, you know.” The bespectacled girl stood up and approached the tall girl, putting a jacket over the girl’s shoulders.

 

“What about you, Yoona ssi?” Sooyoung asked, sleepily.

 

“It’s alright. I’m pretty used to the temperature in here.” Yoona lied. One of the things that she couldn’t stand the most is the cold. Her body seems to be very sensitive when it comes to coldness. She would shivers within five minutes in a cold place, even if it’s just slightly colder.

 

“Ahh. It’s really here... That daring nerd…” Suddenly, some familiar yet unfamiliar voices can be heard. These voices seem to be heard daily, but she just couldn’t remember whose. She turns around, ready to return to her seat, and is surprised by the gangsters who are standing around her seat. One of them, the biggest guy who seems to be the leader of the group, is holding her pencil case.

 

“T... That’s mine..” Yoona walks over quickly, wanting to get her pencil case back but to have her wrist caught. Her pencil case dropped to floor as it happens, and she looks at the big guy in shock, not knowing what’s going on.

 

“You deceived everyone perfectly with that nerdy disguise, you daring little thief…” The big guy hissed.

 

“H… Huh? W... what are you talking about…?” Yoona couldn’t understand. Why is she being called a thief when she didn’t steal anything? The guy is clearly angry, but she doesn’t know why at all.