Chapter 38

D Loves N


The doe-eye girl has been hiding behind the taller girl's back, as the guys crowd around in a safe distance to look at her. Getting so much attention suddenly makes her nervous and uncomfortable. Even the scary vibes of the tall girl has no use in chasing the guys away now.

"Stop staring at her, erts. She's cute but that doesn't mean you have to stare at her for the whole day." The girls came over and kicked the sand at the guys, getting them to go away. "Sooyoung ssi, Yoona ssi. Do you want to play with us?"

Sooyoung turns to her side and looks at the girl, waiting for her answer. Yoona stares at her blankly for a moment before nodding slightly, and Sooyoung turns back to face the girls with a smile. "Sure."

"You look very cute when you smile, Sooyoung ssi. You should smile more." One of the girls commented. Sooyoung didn't say anything and showed a weak smile as she stands up. Holding Yoona's hand, the two of them followed the rest of the girls for their game - a friendly match of beach volleyball. Obviously all of them want Sooyoung on their team. In the end, they leave the decision to her.

"Which team wants to take Yoona?" Sooyoung asked, staring at the two groups of girls in front of her. None of them say anything. There was silence for a moment as the girls exchange glances with one another. Finally, one of the team raised their hands, indicating that they will take Yoona into their team. "Alright then, I will join this group as well." Sooyoung grabs Yoona's hand and walks towards the group that raised their hands.

…..

"30-0. Do you girls still want to continue?" The guy acting as the referee asked. Sooyoung's team is leading greatly, scoring every time the ball went over to her side. The opposing team couldn't even get a single mark. What surprises them the most is the fact that Yoona actually played quite well. Being someone that always lags behind during physical education lesson, no one expects her to play well. Between her and Sooyoung, there's a great coordination. Without any words, they are able to coordinate all their attacks and defenses well.

"Yoona ssi, you're really surprising..." The girls on the opposing team panted vigorously.

"Why...?" Yoona stares at them blankly.

"How did the two of you coordinate so well without saying anything at all?"

"We have telepathy. We communicate through our minds." Sooyoung joked but apparently, the girls believed it. Seeing how amazed the girls are, Sooyoung chuckles.

"Don't believe her... She's sprouting nonsense." Yoona sighed.

"Sooyoung ssi... I can't believe that you actually joked around like that... It's so unlike you."

"She's always like that. Acting all tough and scary on the outside but if you get to know her, she's very caring and nice." Yoona replied even before Sooyoung could open .

"And this girl is actually very bubbly, active and cute. She's not as quiet as you think she is." Sooyoung smirks after noticing Yoona's puffed up cheeks. Sticking out her tongue at the girl, Sooyoung hits the cheeks of the girl, causing the air in the cheeks to escape.

"Choi Sooyoung!" Yoona pouted.

"Are the two of you, by any chance, a couple...?" The girls grinned as they commented teasingly, but to be surprised by the fact that the two of them actually blushed instantly at that comment.

"N... No! O... Of course not... H... Ho... How can it be...?" Sooyoung stuttered and Yoona just kept quiet.

"We are just joking though, Sooyoung ssi... Why are the two of you blushing?" The girls stared at the two girls blankly, confused.

"We... We are?" Sooyoung turns to look at Yoona, staring for a moment before grabbing her hand. "I'm going to the restroom. Come with me, Yoona..."

"Huh? O... Okay." Yoona looks confused as Sooyoung drags her away from the girls. The girls watch as the two girls disappear from their sight, feeling puzzled about their behavior. In the restroom, the two girls stood in front of the mirror without a word, staring at their own reflections and confirming the fact that they are indeed blushing. Even their ears are pinkish in color.

"Are you alright? Your face is kind of red..." Sooyoung asked, not having eye contact with the girl.

"I... I... I think the heat got to me somehow..." Yoona replied, fidgeting around, as she doesn't know how she should act right now. "You...?"

"I think the heat got to me too... It's so warm suddenly." Sooyoung started splashing water on her own face, trying to cool herself down. Couple with Yoona...? That would be great but... She has someone else in her heart already... Without realizing it, she let out a deep sigh.

"Does something bother you...?" Yoona asked, staring at the girl with a concerned look.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Sooyoung gives the girl an assuring smile. Yoona nodded and looked back at her own reflection, checking if her face is still red or not. "Erm... Yoona..."

"Yea?"

"Is it okay if I call you Yoong like the guys did?"

"Sure. Why not?" Yoona smiles sweetly at her for a moment. "Wait. No."

"Huh?"

"Since you're a girl, call me something more... Mm... Girlish?"

"How? I mean, like what?"

"Mm... Yoong... Yoongie?"

"Wha... What?"

"And I can call you Youngie right?" Yoona asked, with the cutest smile ever.

"S... Sure..." Sooyoung agreed, blushing slightly and smiling at Yoona's cuteness. Calling each other cutely makes her feel as though they are really a couple. Even though it's not real, it's enough for her to be happy about it.