Chapter 29

D Loves N

 

The day is tough for both the doe-eye girl and the tall girl. A second seems like an hour, and an hour seems like a day. Neither of them have the mood to do anything. It’s a surprise to both the teachers and the class when the doe-eye girl failed to answer the questions asked correctly. Her mind just isn’t working right. All those memories are flowing into her mind. The memories of her admiring the short girl secretly, her confession and the rejection. Everything. Nothing else is able to enter her mind.

 

“… Are you okay…?” The tall girl sighed, looking at the face of the doe-eye girl sadly.

 

“Yea…” The doe-eye girl replied, showing a weak and fake smile.

 

“Stop lying.” Sooyoung frowns as she grabs the hand of the girl. “Come with me.” With that, she drags the girl off her seat and out of the classroom. She brings the girl to the roof and asked her to wait there while she runs to the canteen to grab some food. She came back shortly after, with a giant pile of food in her arms.

 

“So… Sooyoung?! W… Why…” Yoona is shocked to see the large amount of food that the tall girl bought.

 

“Here. Eat these until you happy.”

 

“I don’t feel like eating, Sooyoung…”

 

“Shut up, Shikshin. Don’t lie to me. You’re going on a diet, aren’t you?”

 

“W… What? NO! Why would I?” Yoona’s eyes widen instantly, as she denies to the accusation strongly.

 

“Because you’re heavy.” Sooyoung smirks.

 

“I’m not heavy!” Yoona replied, puffing up her cheeks.

 

“Don’t lie~ my arms became useless after carrying you, you know.”

 

“Yah!” Yoona blushed, as she starts to think about her own weight. “I… I… I weighed myself okay? It… It’s low!”

 

“Really?” Sooyoung continues to tease with a playful grin.

 

“I… I can prove to you! Let’s go and weigh ourselves now!”

 

“Nah~ prove to me by eating these. Prove to me that you’re are not on a diet so I will believe that you are not heavy.” Sooyoung picks up the bread and offers it to Yoona.

 

“Fine! I will prove to you!” Yoona said, snatching the bread over and starting to eat it. “See? I’m eating.”

 

“That’s not enough. You have to finish all these.”

 

“I get it! I will!” Yoona pouted. For that moment, she forgets about the short girl completely. About the pain in her heart. About those memories. Sooyoung smiles as she watches the girl munches on the food, satisfied that she managed to somewhat cheer the girl up.

…..

“There’s no test tomorrow. Why do you guys need her to help you?” Sooyoung asked, not really happy about how much these guys are relying on Yoona for their studies right now.

 

“There are some stuffs that we don’t understand about in the topic that is taught today… Is it alright, Yoona ssi?” The guys asked, staring at the doe-eye girl with a pitiful look.

 

“Well… It’s good that you guys aren’t going to studying at last minute, before exams…” Yoona replied, glancing at Sooyoung for a moment, before turning back to face them with a smile. “S… So it’s fine for me…”

 

“Really?! Thank you so much, Yoona ssi!” The guys exclaimed and the one standing right in front of her grabs her hands without realizing it. Sooyoung hits his hands instantly, causing him to withdraw his hand.

 

“I… I’m so sorry! I… I did it without realizing it…” The guy apologized quickly after realizing what he just did. He rubs his hands gently as he walks away with the rest of the class, back to their own seats.

 

“Hey, how does it feel like?” Some guys gathered around that guy and started to ask him some questions.

 

“H… Huh? I… It’s nice… So smooth an-“

 

“YAH!” The tall girl shouted, causing the guys to jump and scurried back to their seats, at the same time, they are also shocked by how good the girl’s hearing is.

 

“Why did you shout suddenly…?” Yoona asked, patting her own chest after getting a scare.

 

“S… Sorry… I heard that they are talking about your hands so…”

 

“Aish… You…”

 

“I don’t like it! I don’t like how they are trying to take advantage of you. I don’t like how they talk about you. I really don’t like it!” Sooyoung pouted with a frown.

 

“Haha~ you’re such a kid. What are you? My boyfriend?” Yoona chuckles, as she pats the girl. “So cute. Hehe~”

 

Sooyoung blushed and looked away quickly. I wish I’m your ‘boyfriend’, Yoona… But too bad, I’m not the one in your heart and will never be the one….