Chapter 31

D Loves N

The tall girl turns around to peek at the short girl and notices that the girl is staring at the doe-eye girl with a confused look. Just then, her phone vibrated and she took it out quickly, knowing who is the one that sent her a message. She reads the message and frowns, after knowing who is the culprit behind those messages that make people become so curious about the doe-eye girl.

 

“Erm hey…” The short girl appears behind the doe-eye girl suddenly and she tries to tap on the latter’s shoulder when her wrist got caught by someone else, and it hurts. “Owww…”

 

“S… Sooyoung ssi, calm down! Why are you hurting Taeyeon ssi?!” The guys are shocked to see the tall girl gripping the wrist of the short girl so tightly, as though she’s trying to break her wrist. Sooyoung let go after a while and Taeyeon rubs her wrist gently. It really felt like it was going to break soon if the girl continues to hold her. She noticed that the other hand of the tall girl is on the doe-eye girl’s hand, seems to be giving the latter some comfort through that.

 

“Sorry to disturb but I just want to confirm something with her…” Taeyeon pointed to the doe-eye girl.

 

“She’s not free.” Sooyoung replied but the girl stood up.

 

“Let’s talk outside…” The doe-eye girl said, looking down at the table. She removes her hand from Sooyoung’s comfort and walks out of the library, with the short girl following behind. Sooyoung followed too, but she kept a safe distance between her and the two girls, knowing that Yoona won’t be happy to see her tagging along.

 

“You’re Yoona, aren’t you…? I heard them calling you that…” The short girl asked, sounding somewhat caution.

 

“Yes.” Yoona replied, not even looking at the short girl.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“For…?”

 

“Hurting you.”

 

“It’s the past already.”

 

“Does that mean that we can be friends?” Suddenly, the short girl became a little excited as she grabs Yoona’s hands and hold them tightly in hers, eyes beaming with hope.

 

“H… Huh…?” Yoona blushed instantly upon the contact with the short girl and she stares at the girl, not understanding the situation.

 

“We can be friends right? I’m really sorry for ignoring you and avoiding you. I’m really sorry for hurting you. But, since you say it’s the past already, does that mean we can be friends now?”

 

“… E… Erm… S… Sure… Yea…” Yoona stuttered. There’s a burning sensation in her cheeks and she knows that her face is really red right now. Her heart is pumping furiously and she doesn’t dare to meet the warm gaze of the shorter girl.

 

“Great~! We can talk informally, right?”

 

“Y… Yea…”

 

“Okays! By the way, that really tall girl just now…”

 

“She’s my friend…”

 

“Really? Good to hear that.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing. See you soon~” With that, Taeyeon walks away happily, heading back to the library on her own and leaving the doe-eye girl to stand there, still confused about the situation.

 

Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! The tall girl dashed down the corridor, up the stairs and throwing the door leading the roof open, almost breaking it off its hinge. She punched the railings hard, leaving a dent in it. That stupid girl. That stupid girl that hurt Yoona! Why is she doing this?! She rejected, avoided and rejected Yoona the last time and now she’s showing interest in her?! What the hell is she trying to do?! … Yoona will definitely go with her…. Definitely…

 

Sooyoung grips on the railing tightly, trying to find a way to vent her anger and sadness but there’s nothing other than punching the railing. After several punches, the railing is badly damaged and her fists are bleeding. It hurts but not as much as her heart. For the first time after a long time, she’s crying. It just hurt too much.

 

“Why…? Why did I even hope for it…? I clearly know that it’s impossible yet I’m hoping for it…” She murmured, before giving the railing one last blow, almost breaking it. She didn’t bother about the blood on her hands. She took in a deep breath and headed downstairs, to the nearest restroom to wash her face. The blood on her is washed off in the process but the wound is very obvious. “I don’t want to care anymore… I’m must be stupid, to be hoping for the impossible…”

 

Meanwhile, Yoona looks around the library, trying to find the tall girl. She asked those guys but none of them know where she went. They only know that she left the library after Yoona and Taeyeon went out together. Just when she’s about to call the girl, the girl came back.

 

“Sooyoung… Where did you go…?” Yoona asked, but she was ignored. Sooyoung started to pack her stuffs quietly and everyone at the table notices the injuries on her fists. “D… Did you get into a fight…? Why is your-“

 

“I’m going home first. Bye.” Sooyoung interrupted and went off without waiting for Yoona to respond. Yoona ran out of the library quickly but the girl is gone.

 

“… What’s wrong with Sooyoung…?” Yoona sighed, as she went back to into the library. Somehow, she couldn’t concentrate anymore. The injuries on Sooyoung’s hands and the cold attitude that Sooyoung gave her earlier. It’s bothering her too much. “… Sorry guys. I can’t continue anymore. See you tomorrow.” Yoona packs her stuffs quickly and runs out of the library, heading home to find the girl.

…..

“She’s not back yet? But she says that she’s going to come back first…” Yoona didn’t even bother going back to her house first. She headed straight to the house opposite of hers and knocks on the door, trying to find the tall girl.

 

“She called and said that she’s going to be home late though…” Kris raised an eyebrow, not knowing what is going on. Yoona fished out her phone instantly to call the tall girl, but it went to the mailbox instead.

 

“She… She turns off her phone….”

 

“Did something happen…? Between the two of you…?”

 

“No… She disappeared suddenly and reappeared with injuries all over her hands. I ask her about it but she ignored me…”

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Suho came over after seeing Kris at the door.

 

“Sooyoung ssi went missing. She told Yoong that she’s coming back first but apparently, she’s not. She even turned off her phone.” Kris explained the situation to Suho briefly.

 

“Did something happen in school?” Suho asked.

 

“Erm… Well… I talked to Taeyeon….” Yoona replied, blushing slightly. “She apologized… And asked if we can be friends…”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“But the strange thing is, she seems kind of happy and excited after I told her that it’s all the past already… Which also mean I don’t care about it already… But she just got so… Erm… Happy…?” Yoona stares at the two guys innocently, still trying to figure out the reason behind the reaction of the short girl.

 

“That must be it. Sooyoung ssi must have heard the conversation.” Kris noticed the problem instantly.

 

“Huh? What is that going to do with Sooyoung…?” Yoona couldn’t understand.

 

“Someone as dense as you won’t understand. Now, don’t worry about it anymore. We will deal with it for you.” Suho pats the girl on her head.

 

“… Okay… Then I’m going to wait for Sooyoung to come back! Please deal with quickly! I’m worried!” Yoona pushed the two guys away and went upstairs, getting into Sooyoung’s room on her own. She settles down at the study table and starts to do her homework while she waits for the tall girl to come back.

 

-----_____-----
Just in case you will misunderstand like that pabo Sooyoung did, Taeyeon has quite a happy-go-lucky sort of character so she's rather outgoing. She's just happy to be able to patch things up. No other meaning. =v=;;;