Chapter 21

D Loves N

 

“Maid cafe? Pfft…” Tao almost choked on his rice after laughing at the two girls in front of him. Suho had to pat his back and gave him a lot of water before he managed to get the rice out from his throat. After coughing for quite some time, he managed to cool down. “… Stupid rice…”

 

“Serve you right for laughing at Yoong.” Sehun stuck his tongue out at him and grinned. “But Yoong, why maid cafe?”

 

“Our class is make up of mostly guys…” Yoona replied, sighing. “The girls in class obviously lose when it comes to voting and winning by majority.”

 

“But, Sooyoung ssi is going to… dress up as well?” Tao asked, staring at the girl sitting across him, with a super annoyed expression. “I guess she is… How unexpected.”

 

“There are not enough girls in class so…” Yoona sighed again.

 

“Don’t worry. She will look cute. Maybe people will stop seeing her as the demon, and start to see her as a normal girl.” Kris pointed out.

 

“Oh yea! Maybe it will help!” Tao exclaimed. “What about you, Yoong? Still going to wear your glasses?”

 

“Of course…” Yoona pouted.

 

“What a turn off. I want to see you in maid costume without glasses, Yoong.”

 

“Yah! She will still look cute okay?!” Sehun interrupted the conversation instantly, slightly pissed off by Tao’s comment.

 

“I know. But it will be much better without glasses. The cafe will be prospering so well even with bad food.” Tao grins, earning a smack from both Sehun and Kris.

 

“Okay. Enough crap, Tao.” Kris stated coolly.

 

“Jeez. Araso. Good luck to your cafe anyway. It’s a two-day event, if you don’t know about that.”

 

“IT IS?!” Both girls jump up instantly. “OUR TEACHER DIDN’T SAY THAT IT’S FOR TWO DAYS!”

 

“It’s for two days, girls. I think it might have slip off the teacher’s mind when he’s talking about it.” Suho answered and noticed the chopsticks breaking in Sooyoung’s hand. “Calm down, Sooyoung ssi.”

 

“… I will go kill the teacher…” Sooyoung gets up from her seat and the rest had a hard time trying to stop her from doing something stupid like taking the life of the teacher.

-----

“These are the maid costumes for the girls. I’m confident with my cooking skills so I will take charge of the kitchen. And…” The class continues with their discussion on their own, without even bothering to let the two girls join in. Not like they are willing to. After knowing that it’s a two-day event, both of them had been in quite a foul mood. The doe-eye girl is even blaming herself for agreeing with the role.

 

“Yoona ssi, let’s go.” Just then, the girls came to her, with the maid uniforms in their hands. “We have to try these in case it doesn’t fit. Soo… Sooyoung ssi too, if you don’t mind…”

 

Unwillingly, the tall girl stood up and grabbed one of the uniforms from the girls, who stood there, not daring to move an inch.

 

“… What are you waiting for? Let’s go…” Sooyoung sighed, staring at the uniform in her hands. Soon the girls are out of the room, heading towards the changing room. Wanting to see how the girls look, the guys followed behind them but to be chased away by the tall girl.

…..

“Mine fits.”

 

“Mine too.”

 

Soon, the girls are ready. Most of their uniforms fit them perfectly. They help each other to take note of any bad points and realize that they forget about two people.

 

“Sooyoung ssi… Yoona ssi… Are you ready?” They knocked on the doors gently.

 

“… It fits.” Sooyoung replied, not even opening the door.

 

“Sorry but can you open the door…?”

 

There was silence. No one else spoke anything as they stare at the door quietly, waiting for a reply. What they fear is that the door will break suddenly and reveal an angered demon.

 

Click. Just then, another door open up and the doe-eye girl only showed her head, with her glasses still on of course.

 

“Yoona ssi! Is it alright? Can you come out and show us?” The girls reach a hand out towards the doe-eye girl, who is blushing madly.

 

“I… It’s… alright…” The doe-eye girl replied, not wanting to go out.

 

“We’re all wearing the same thing, Yoona ssi. Come on.”

 

“Yah! Don’t force her!” Just then, the door burst open and the tall girl came out, shouting at the girls.

 

“S… Sorry!!!” The girls scurried away quickly. “… Sooyoung ssi, you look really cute…”

 

“… Do… Don’t stare. It’s embarrassing.” Sooyoung blushed and looked away. She happens to look at the doe-eye girl who is still hiding in the changing room. “… You’re cute…”

 

“Really…?” Yoona asked, not knowing if the tall girl is speaking the truth.

 

“I meant it.” Sooyoung blushed even more. Yoona smiled at her and came out shyly.

 

“Yoona ssi! You’re cute too!” For the first time ever since the school started, the girls start to think that maybe it’s possible for them to get along with these two girls, which they usually avoid. And seeing them, they are quite sure that the cafe will prosper as well.