Chapter 28

D Loves N

 

“Are you sure, Suho hyung? Is it really that person?” The younger guy asked, staring at the older one with a worried look. The guy nodded, and sighed.

 

“The name, surname and face. All the same. There’s no mistake.” Suho replied.

 

“Why? Why did she come here?”

 

“I don’t know, Sehun ah…”

 

“Don’t… Don’t let Yoong know about it… Hyung, please…”

 

“It’s impossible, Sehun… You know how that girl looks, don’t you? The moment she steps into the class, there’s a big commotion already. The guys in second years went crazy. Sooner or later, the first years will get to know about her. Or rather, they will know about her tomorrow, for sure.”

 

“Darn. Why did she come here anyway…?” Sehun frowns, clenching his fists tightly.

-----

“Have you heard about the new girl in year two?”

 

“Yea!!! I heard that she’s really cute! I want to see her!”

 

Indeed, there is a huge commotion, about the new girl in year two. The four guys could only frown at the scene and their expressions got worse when the noise level got to its peak. That could only mean one thing. That girl arrived.

 

“Hey guys~!” The girl runs to the four of them and greets them cheerfully. “Something bothering you?” She notices the dark expressions of the guys. Though she could roughly guess why, she asked anyway.

 

“Why are you here, Kim Taeyeon?” Sehun asked, not even looking at the girl.

 

“I don’t know you guys came here, to be honest. My family happens to move into this neighborhood recently so I transferred to this school.” The girl replied, calmly. “Where’s that girl though? Isn’t she always hanging out with you guys?”

 

“She’s not doing that anymore.”

 

“I see. Why though?”

 

“She doesn’t like it. Now, go away…”

 

“Why are you treating me like this? Just because I rejected her?”

 

“Do you know how much courage it took her to-“

 

“What do you expect? Relationship requires mutual liking, Oh Sehun.”

 

“But you don’t have to avoid her and ignore her! Do you know how hurt she was when you did that?”

 

“I didn’t want her to fall deeper. And because of this, you guys hate me now? It’s not like I can control this thing call love.” Taeyeon sighed and pouted. “I felt bad too, you know? When I saw that hurtful expression on her face. Where’s she though?”

 

“Don’t appear in front of her…” Tao interrupted before Sehun could say anything. “We don’t want her to remember those painful memories of getting ignored by someone she likes.”

 

Just then, a bespectacled girl ran past them and went into the school building. Following after her is the tall girl, making it obvious for the guys to know who is that bespectacled girl.

 

“Darn!” Tao cursed softly under his breath. Both Suho and Kris sighed. The girl saw Taeyeon and the four of them know that she’s probably hurting again.

…..

“What’s wrong, Yoona…? Why did you run in suddenly?” The tall girl bangs on the door of the cubicle in the restroom, as she tries to get an answer from the girl inside. Just now, the girl started running suddenly after seeing the four guys and a new face, and the tall girl doesn’t understand why. “Yoona, please open the door before I break it off its hinge.”

 

The door swings open immediately after the tall girl said that. There are tears flowing down the cheeks of the doe-eye girl and the tall girl could feel a pain in her heart upon seeing that.

 

“What’s wrong…?” The tall girl hugs the doe-eye girl tightly and pats her on her head gently.

 

“T… That girl…” Yoona buries her face in the girl’s shoulder as she cries. “I… I like… I like that girl…”

 

Those words are like a million swords, piercing through Sooyoung’s heart. The pain is indescribable. It’s worse than a rejection. Much worse.

 

“B… But she rejected me… And she… She keeps on avoiding me. I… I really regret it, Sooyoung. I regret confessing… It really hurts… My heart hurts, each time she avoided me, each time she ignored me. I… I thought I would forget about her… But… But…”

 

“But she appears right in front of you right now. And you start to remember about the pain….” Sooyoung sighed. Yoona nodded as she continues to cry. The tears seem to be flowing uncontrollably. Did it hurt as much as I do now, I wonder…

 

“What should I do…? S… Should I face her or not, Sooyoung? I’m scared…”

 

“Don’t worry about her, Yoona. You got me now. But Yoona… Do you still like her…?”

 

“I… I don’t know… But my heart was pumping so fast just now…. My heart is pumping so fast for her, Sooyoung….”

 

Sooyoung regrets asking that question immediately. She scolded herself mentally for asking such stupid question. She felt like dying. Her heart is going through a hard time. Her mind too. But then again, she’s determined to stay by her side no matter what. She wants to protect this girl forever. Even though it hurts, she wants to continue to love this girl.