Chapter 37

D Loves N

WHOOPS~
-----_____-----

The tall girl squats down by the sea and stares at it blankly, still feeling a bit sick from her motion sickness. The rest of the class has already started to do their work, picking up the rubbish on the beach in their area. As they wanted to start playing soon, their speed is fast enough and after a mere thirty minutes, they are done, even before the tall girl feels better.

 

“Are you okay? You had been squatting here for half an hour…” The doe-eye girl squats down beside her and pats her back gently, after throwing her bag of rubbish away.

 

“Much better than before. Don’t worry about me. Go and play…” The tall girl replied.

 

“I’m not playing. I brought a book to read.”

 

“Huh? You are trying to become a real nerd, aren’t you?”

 

“I don’t want to play. At least not with them. I feel awkward with them.”

 

“Araso. I will play with you when I’m better.”

 

“Come on. I will lay a mat and you can lie down on it.” Yoona pulls the girl up and holds her hand as she leads the girl to a cooler spot. From her small backpack, she took out a mat and laid it on the sand, asking the tall girl to lie down on it. Sooyoung did so obediently, since she really needs to rest for a while. Yoona then sits down beside her and starts to read her book, while listening to some music so as to block out the noise that the class is making.

 

“I can’t believe it. She’s reading even when we’re supposed to be having fun. It’s no wonder we can never catch up to her in term of studies.” The class stops their games for a little while after noticing the two girls, especially the doe-eye girl.

 

“Their legs are so slender…”

 

“erts.”

 

“Stop calling us erts!”

 

“It’s a fact.”

 

“We didn’t even realize that they are close. It just happen and it’s as though they are becoming closer really fast… They dropped all the formality with each other.”

 

“Oh yea… I didn’t even notice that. What’s their relationship?”

 

“Yoona ssi! Do you want to play?” Just then, one of the guys who aren’t part of the discussion called out, inviting the doe-eye girl to play with them in the sea. Yoona shook her head with a smile before going back to her book. Grinning to each other, the guys decided to do a little prank. On count of three, the whole group of them ran over and two of them snatched the doe-eye girl’s MP3 and book away. Another two carried both the doe-eye girl and the resting girl up without a warning and throw them into the water upon reaching it.

 

“How can you throw them in like that?! And you actually dare to throw Sooyoung ssi?!” The girls exclaimed, shocked by the guys’ actions.

 

“Oh crap! Because the scary vibes aren’t there anymore and we totally forget about it!” The guys realize what they just did and start to panic when the tall girl emerges from the water with her scary vibes again.

 

“Who’s it?” She asked, as she pulls the doe-eye girl up. No one says anything. First, they are too scared to and secondly; something they saw left them breathless. Their gazes are fixed on a certain person, namely the doe-eye girl, who is coughing badly.

 

“Y… Yoona ssi…?” The girls called out carefully, not really sure if that’s really her.

 

“… Yea?” Yoona responded, her voice slightly husky from coughing too much.

 

“Your glasses…”

 

“Huh?” Yoona stares at them blankly, before reaching to her glasses, which isn’t there anymore. “… Ehh…?”

 

For a moment, there is silence. The doe-eye girl turns her head slowly to face the tall girl beside her and the girl nodded, telling the former that her glasses isn’t on her face anymore. In fact, it’s somewhere in the water. The doe-eye girl almost screamed. She tugs on Sooyoung’s shirt repeatedly, showing the girl a tearful expression and said nothing. She didn’t know what to say nor she knows what she should do now.

 

“So cute…” The guys mumbled, as they watch the doe-eye girl panicking over losing her glasses and showing her face, which they are all curious about to them. But their joy isn’t for long, when the tall girl glared at them. “We need to… erm… go to the restroom.” With that, the whole group of them starts to run away, as far away as they could from the tall girl. Sooyoung almost went after them but the doe-eye girl pulled her back, causing her to fall into the water again.

 

“Don’t… Don’t leave me alone…” Yoona continues to show the girl a tearful look, like a puppy pleading with its owner to play with it. Sooyoung blushed instantly, thinking about how cute the girl looks. “What to do…?”

 

“I… I… I guess… Since things turn out this way, let’s just continue with these activities without your glasses… And… And wear it back when we are going back…” Sooyoung stuttered, not meeting Yoona’s eyes in case she couldn’t stand the cuteness. She then sends a piercing glare at the guys who are spazzing over the cuteness of the doe-eye girl, but stop instantly after noticing her glare.