Chapter 44

D Loves N


"Youngie..." The doe-eye girl pops her head into the infirmary and the nurse signals to her that the tall girl is sleeping, after taking some medicine. "Is her fever..."

"It's better now. I think it will go away by tonight or tomorrow." The nurse replied.

"Oh... Okay. Thank you." The doe-eye girl smiles as she enters the infirmary quietly and sits down beside the bed that the tall girl is lying on. The nurse soon excused herself as she goes for her lunch. Yoona takes out her homework and starts to do it as she waits for Sooyoung to wake up. Being focused in her work, she didn't realize that there are students standing outside the infirmary and opening a small gap at the door, to peek in.

"Is that really Yoona ssi...?" The guys couldn't believe it. That cute girl sitting inside the infirmary is the girl that they used to ignore or even talk bad about. The girl that they used to think that she looks plain and will never look good no matter what she does.

The whispers outside the infirmary get a little too loud and Yoona looks up immediately, and turns to the door, shocked by the number of students standing outside. Feeling upset, she got up and pulled the curtain, using it to block herself and the tall girl from the students' sight.

"She's really upset..."

"Curse those second year people... They are the one that upset Yoona ssi..." The students outside are aware of Yoona's feeling right now, seeing that frown on her face earlier and her actions after noticing their presence.

"I'm sorry..." Just then, the tall girl woke up and noticed the curtain, and heard the whispers of the students. Most importantly, the doe-eye girl sitting beside the bed is frowning. "If I had came earlier..."

"You shouldn't be here... You're supposed to be resting at home..." Yoona sighed, poking Sooyoung's temple. "Want to go home now...? Those people outside annoy me right now..."

"Araso. Let's go." The tall girl got up and before she can do anything, the doe-eye girl leans closer and helps her to tidy her disheveled hair, a.k.a her bed hair. Sooyoung blushed instantly, realizing her close her face is to the girl's chest, and looks away quickly to distract herself.

"Come on, let's go." Yoona picks up her bag and grabs Sooyoung's hand. Sooyoung nodded and pulled the curtain away, walking out of the infirmary with Yoona following closely behind her, hand in hand. Seeing the demon, the students move away quickly and watch as the two girls walk down the corridor. Before the students can try to follow them, Sooyoung turns around at glared at them, seeming to be warning them about following.

"So... Are you still going to wear your glasses when you come to school?" After walking a distance away from school, Sooyoung turns to face the girl beside her.

"I don't know... It seems pointless to continue wearing it but it is probably going to be weird if I don't..." Yoona sighed. The two of them keep quiet after which, not knowing what to say or do. "Anyway, where are we going now...?"

Yoona noticed that they had been walking around in circles, with Sooyoung leading. She had seen the same shops for the fifth times already.

"Anywhere until those behind stop following us." Sooyoung replied, not even turning back to check. Yoona turns her head and spots shadows jumping behind walls and poles quickly, frowning almost immediately. "I think they are less afraid of me now..."

"That's good. You won't be called the demon now."

"Not when I need to protect you. If I have to choose between you and getting rid of the demon title, I will choose you, Yoongie..." Sooyoung's face turns red as she says that. Yoona notices it and chuckles, hugging Sooyoung's arm suddenly. "Y... Yoongie, why did you..."

"Thank you, Youngie. You're such a great friend~ if you're my boyfriend it would be awesome. A protective and caring one~" Yoona grins widely, not really realizing what she had just said.

"W... What? B... Boy... Boyfriend?" Sooyoung blushed even more, as she stares at the side profile of the doe-eye girl.

"Yea~ you will be such an awesome boyfriend~ but you're a girl though. Ahh~ I have no chance now~" Yoona faked a sigh as she grins playfully at the tall girl. Hearing that, the tall girl's heart skips a beat and she could even hear her heart pumping wildly.

"... Y... Yoongie..." Sooyoung stuttered, removing her arm from Yoona's embrace and trying her best to not get affected by the pout. She carries the girl up suddenly and started running, at her full speed before stopping at a more secluded spot, leaving those people from their school behind successfully. "D... Do you s... still like Taeyeon ssi?"

"Wa... Wait... Let me calm down first..." Yoona pats her own chest as she tries to calm down from the shock she got, after getting carried all of the sudden and she thought she's riding on a bike earlier when Sooyoung is running. "Okay... What's your question again?"

"Do you still like Taeyeon ssi...?"

"Mm... I'm not sure... I thought I like her but then, my heart doesn't go wild anymore, when she's near..." Yoona sighed, feeling confused about her own feelings. "Why are you asking this suddenly?"

"You said I will be an awesome boyfriend, right...?"

"Yea~ but then again, you're a girl. How can you be a boyfriend?"

"Yoongie, if I'm a boy, will you accept me as your boyfriend?"

"Well, of course. You're great~"

"Then, can I be your boyfriend?"

"Huh...?"

"C... Can I be your boyfriend?" Sooyoung repeated, staring into Yoona's eyes. Yoona could see the seriousness from the girl's eyes and she continues to stare blankly, not sure what she's feeling now.