Chapter 24

D Loves N

 

“May I help you?” The tall girl asked coldly and got pulled away immediately.

 

“You have to address them as masters, Sooyoung ssi.” The guy explained. “This is a maid cafe.”

 

“… How troublesome.” Sooyoung replied, obviously irritated, much to the guy’s disbelief. In his mind, he is thinking of how he will get killed by her. But to his surprise, he was only pushed away and the girl went back to the same table, without a smile though. “Masters, may I help you?” She asked again, monotonously.

 

“A… Ah… Can we have this and…” While blushing, the guys start to order their food and the tall girl took them down quietly. The festival just started and there are not many people yet. After giving the order to the guys in the kitchen, the tall girl sits down and sighs. She can’t even sit, as she likes, in this costume.

 

“No wonder she’s always the top in school in terms of studies. She’s so hardworking.” The mentioned girl is obviously the doe-eye girl who is busy serving the customers, with a smile (unlike Sooyoung), and also going to the kitchen to help with the washing of dishes sometimes.

 

“Sit down and rest, Yoona ssi.” Sooyoung grabs the wrist of the girl and pulls her over, settling her on a chair. “It might be busier later so save some energy.”

 

“A… Araso.” Yoona nodded, finally relaxing her tense shoulders. Even though it doesn’t seem like it, but it’s clear to Sooyoung that the girl is actually feeling really embarrassed and is trying to get the feeling off her mind by making herself busy. “This is more embarrassing than I expected, Sooyoung ssi.”

 

“I know right… But you can’t be working so hard from the start. You will tire out. Don’t think of anything and rest while you can now.” Sooyoung smiled at the doe-eye girl, tidying the girl’s hair for her.

 

After around ten minutes, even before they can get themselves ready for it, the cafe is full with a long queue outside. As expected, it’s mostly guys.

 

“The tall one over there is really cute~”

 

“The one with glasses isn’t bad as well! She seems so shy! So cute!”

 

The topic of the discussions going about in the cafe is pretty much expected as well.

 

“See! I said that maid cafe will work well~!” One of the guys grinned.

 

“Admit it. You only wanted to see the girls in maid costumes. You didn’t even expected that Yoona ssi will look cute, and Sooyoung ssi will actually agree to help.” The girl standing near him retorted, and smirks when she sees the look of defeat on the guy’s face.

 

“I heard there’s a maid cafe here, so it’s true then.” Just then, a loud voice echoed throughout the room, grabbing attention of everyone instantly. A group of guys, dressed shabbily, could be seen standing at the door. Sooyoung frowns immediately, knowing that these guys are definitely hooligans but she decided to keep quiet, as she doesn’t want to cause any trouble yet.

 

“Masters, please queue for your tu-” The girl standing by the door tried to get them to go to the back of the line but her chin is grabbed instantly.

 

“Quiet, maid. We’re your masters so I’m ordering you to serve us now.” The guy hissed, as he pushed the girl away harshly. Seeing that, the worried doe-eye girl went forward quickly. She doesn’t want these guys to cause any trouble here.

 

“W… Welcome back, masters…” The doe-eye girl stuttered as she brings the group in and settled them down at a table. “What would you like to order, masters?”

 

“Mm… I want this, this, this and this… And…” The guys pointed to almost everything on the menu casually. Yoona tries to jot it down as quickly as possible but her right wrist got gripped suddenly. “And you.”

 

“H… Huh?” Yoona stares at them blankly. She’s scared, but she tries to hide it as much as possible.

 

“You look pretty cute, girl.” The guy grins evilly, as he pulls the girl closer. Just when he’s about to touch her cheek, his hand it caught by someone else. “Wha- oh? Hey there, cutie. Do you want to serve us too?”

 

“Gladly.” It’s Sooyoung. She smiled at them grimly as she removed the guy’s hand from Yoona’s wrist. “But of course, only I will be serving you.” She pushed Yoona away, signaling to the girl to go away quickly.

 

“Well, we won’t mind, since you’re so cute.” One of the guys smirks, as he reaches towards her waist. The girl grabs his hand instantly and twisted it skillfully, dislocating his arm easily. “AHHH!!!! MY ARM!!!”

 

“Heck?! What the hell are you doing, b****!? Is that how you treat your masters?!” The other guys stood up angrily.

 

“Why are you so angry, masters? Food has yet to be served. First, it’s a left punch for you…” She said calmly as she sends a punch into the face of the guy on her left. “Right kick for you…” And she kicks the jaw of the guy on her right. “And for you, will a small wrestle match be alright?” She smiled at the one in front of her, who is obviously terrified now.

 

“L… Let’s go, guys!” He shouted, pulling his friends up and running out on the cafe. Sooyoung watches as the bunch of hooligans disappears from her sight before cleaning up the area and returning to the kitchen quietly. The on-watchers are still dumbfounded, by how calm the girl is when facing those guys.

 

“Are you alright, Yoona ssi?” The tall girl asked, upon entering the kitchen. She looked at the small bruise on Yoona’s wrist and a flame of anger ignited in her. “I should have kill them instead of j-“

 

“Aish. It’s just a bruise, Sooyoung ssi. What did you do to them…?” Yoona sighed at the violent girl.

 

“Nothing much. I dislocated the arm for one of them and served them some punches and kicks.”

 

“… That sounded pretty serious, Sooyoung ssi…”

 

“Oh my god, Sooyoung ssi!” Just then, one of the girls ran into the kitchen, with a frantic look on her face. Or is that an excited look? Neither of the two girls knows the answer.

 

“What?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“You’re so cool! You chased those hooligans away so easily!”

 

“That’s nothing much…” Sooyoung sighed. After all, a ‘fight’ this small can never be compared to the previous fights that she got into before.

-----

“What the hell are these?” Sooyoung stared at the small pile of presents on her desk the day after the festival ended.

 

“From your fans, Sooyoung ssi.” Yoona came with a smile. “Even though the title of ‘demon’ is still there but you got fans now.”

 

“…. What…?”

 

“I came early today and saw a lot of people coming in to put the presents on your desk…”

 

“…” Sooyoung’s expression darkens as she heard that. Showing no mercy, she swipes the presents off her table and out of the window.

 

“Sooyoung ssi!!!” Yoona almost screamed. She saw the indifferent look on the girl’s face and sighed. As much as this girl wants to be free of the ‘demon’ title, she doesn’t want fans as well. Normal school life is what she wanted.