Chapter 01

D Loves N

 

The device beeped as the tiny green dot moves on the screen. A smirk is plastered over the face of the guy holding the device. With a raise of a hand, he got the attention of the rest.


“Location confirmed. Go.” He said, and the rest of the guys saluted before running out of the household, towards their target. They jumped on their bikes and drove off with various equipment in their hands.

.....

“Damn! They must have planted a tracking device on me!” The girl cursed under her breath as she stuffed all the valuables and money into a black bag. Grabbing her phone and wallet, she climbs onto the window frame and observed the guys at the front of the house. Being busy with the door, none of them notice that she’s at the window. Seeing that, she leaped out of the window even though it’s at the second floor and landed safely, and quietly, on the street. The moment her feet touch the ground, she took off.

“She got away!” Someone spotted her and some of them got on their bikes quickly, to chase after her.

“That’s so unfair!” She murmured when she heard the sound of the motor engines. She could easily guess that they are riding bikes and chasing after her. Looking around, she makes a turn and climbs over a gate of a random household easily. She knows doing this isn’t safe enough. Taking a risk of getting caught for trespassing, she forced open one of the windows and got into the house. She sat down behind the sofa and tried to catch her breath while she listens hard for the sound of the motor engines. It got close and soon stopped.

Ding dong. Ding dong. The doorbell rang, surprising the girl. She didn’t expect that they would actually go around ringing the doorbell, just to look for her. Quick footsteps are soon heard, and a girl appears from upstairs. A spectacled girl that looks familiar. The girl opens the door and the guys shouted to her, asking if she had seen a girl running by. She shook her head and closed the door. However, before she went up stairs, something caught her eyes. There’s an unusual shadow behind the sofa. Gulping, she picks up the umbrella near the door and approaches the sofa with caution. She then jumps towards the sofa, holding the umbrella in front of her, the end at the throat of the mysterious person in her house. However, to her surprise, the end of the umbrella was grabbed. That person twisted the umbrella skillfully, causing her to fall. She tried to get up, but stopped immediately when she realizes that the tip of the umbrella is now at instead.

 

“W.. Who are you..?” Trembling, she asked. She dares not to look up at the person’s face. There is silence. Looking up timidly, she saw the person standing beside the window and looking out, ducking behind the wall when a shadow flashes past on the street. The umbrella is still in that person’s hand, but no longer pointing at her. Sure that the coast is clear, the mysterious girl climbs out the window and ran off without a word. “... Didn’t she know how to use the door?”

 

Still trembling slightly, the girl checks if the mysterious person is gone before turning around to head back upstairs, but to see a black bag behind the sofa. And she’s sure that the bag isn’t hers.