Chapter 34

D Loves N

 

“Did something happen between the two of you? Why are you so quiet?” Suho asked, looking from the doe-eye girl to the tall girl then back to the doe-eye girl. Unlike before, these two are unusually quiet during breakfast and there is a tint of redness in both their cheeks. Neither of the two dares to look up, in case their eyes meet.

 

While the guys are still feeling puzzled, the tall girl finishes her meal and returns to her room without a word. She couldn’t forget about the feeling of the girl’s lips. It’s so soft and moist, that she had taken an extreme liking to it. She stares at her bed, and the scene of her kissing the girl replayed in her mind. She jumps on the bed and covers herself completely with the blanket, rolling around as she starts to feel embarrassed and happy at the same time.

 

“W… What are you doing…?” Just then, a familiar voice strikes her ears and she falls off the bed after which. “W… Why did you keep on falling off the bed today?!”

 

“Y… You surprised me…” The tall girl gets up from the floor slowly, feeling even more embarrassed. “Erm, you looking for me…?”

 

“Yea… Kind of…” The doe-eye girl replied, still blushing. “Erm… About that, please don’t tell the guys about it okay?”

 

“Yea… Of… Of course…”

 

“And since it’s awkward, let’s take it as it didn’t happen okay?”

 

“You’re fine with it?”

 

“I guess…”

 

“If you’re fine with it then… Yea… Sure…” The tall girl agreed readily. At that instance, the doe-eye girl smiles brightly at her. All the awkwardness is really gone, and it’s as if nothing happened. Sooyoung isn’t sure if she’s the only one feeling awkward here, or the girl is a really good at hiding her feelings. The weekends passed really quickly for Sooyoung as she spends it with Yoona, whining to the latter that she doesn’t feel like doing her homework and getting scolded in the end.

 

The dreadful Monday arrives and Sooyoung literally drags her feet to school. The thought of seeing those ‘fans’ of hers make her mood bad. They wanted to see her but yet, at the same time, they are scared of her hence they end up standing at a further spot and pointing at her, making her feels as though they are gossiping about her.

 

The crowd around the notice board makes the doe-eye girl curious, and she drags the tall girl along to try and see what is on the board. Nothing but that very message that points to her, and her glasses. Sooyoung tears it down swiftly, suddenly remembering that she forgets to confront the culprit. People are already talking about the message, and of course about the doe-eye girl.

 

“Hey Yoona~” Just then, the short girl appears out of nowhere, making Sooyoung’s mood worse.

 

“U… Uh? Good morning, Taeyeon ssi…” Yoona turns to face the short girl, slightly surprise about the fact that she’s not stuttering that much and her heart isn’t pumping as madly as before. She still blushes though, and the formality came out naturally due to her nervousness.

 

“Ehh? I thought we agreed to drop the formality…” Taeyeon frowns slightly.

 

“Ahh… I forget…” Yoona could feel the stares from the shorter girl’s fans. It’s as though they can’t wait to kill her off for talking to their goddess or for getting the permission to talk informally to her.

 

“Let’s go, Yoona. We’re late.” Sooyoung grabs her hand and pulls her away, not happy at the sight of the two of them interacting. Jealous to be more exact. She’s jealous.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“Yea…?”

 

“I don’t know why but my heart didn’t go wild just now… At least not as wild as before…”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yea.”

 

“Good.” Sooyoung murmured, grinning to herself. She still has a chance. As long as no one stands in her way, she still has a chance.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing.” Sooyoung turns around and smiles at the girl. She tightens her grip on the girl’s hand, and she doesn’t feel like letting go but she has to, after reaching the classroom. She blames the corridor for being short, not allowing her to hold Yoona’s hand for a longer period of time. I need to get that guy out during break… But I can’t leave Yoona to be on her own. What if the students come and harass her while I’m not by her side? How…?