Chapter 18

D Loves N

“Tao, what’s that in your hand?” The bespectacled girl looked at the familiar object in her friend’s hand suspiciously. Tao showed it to her immediately with a mischievous grin. “What are you doing with that destroyed bamboo sword…?”

 

“I want to find the one that destroy this sword. Seems like a strong person.” Tao grins widely. “I want to spar with that person, to see who’s stronger. Hehe~”

 

“… Didn’t you promise me to never spar or fight with other people?” The girl frowned.

 

“Just kidding, Yoong~” Tao laughed and pinched her cheeks playfully.

 

“Oww~!!!” Yoona cried. “Yah~! It hurts!” As she rubs her cheeks, she noticed a shadow behind Tao, approaching them at high speed. Sensing it, Tao turns immediately and used the bamboo sword to block. However, the bamboo sword breaks into two easily at a hit from the person. He reacted just in time, to block the hand from his face. “S.. Sooyoung ssi?”

 

“YAH! Are you trying to kill me?!” Tao screamed, pushing Sooyoung’s hand away. All Sooyoung did is show them a blank expression, seeming to be confused about the situation.

 

“A… Ahh. Sorry, Tao ssi. I heard her saying that it hurts, so I though she got bullied…” Sooyoung apologized immediately, embarrassed about her over reaction. After the two incidents of Yoona getting into trouble with those gangsters, Sooyoung reacts to every sound that make it seems as though the girl got bullied again.

 

“Don’t worry. She’s pretty much invisible, you know. After all, no one bothers about the school nerd.” Tao replied. “Alright, I will go in first. Bye, Yoong.” Tao waved and went inside the house without a word after that. The moment he closes the door for his bedroom, he started trembling. With excitement. “After so long, finally I meet someone that is worthy of being my match~ Hehe~~!! But… I promised Yoong not to… Darn…” Tao sighed as he slumped on his bed.

 

Meanwhile, outside the house, Yoona looks around to make sure that none of the guys are nearby. She pulled Sooyoung closer to her and whispered into her ears, telling her not to let the guys know about the two incidents with those gangsters and those girls.

 

“…. Why? Let them know that you’re getting into trouble because of them. Why must you keep it from them?” Sooyoung frowned. She knows that the fan girls of those guys aren’t just those three. Situation will get worse if any other fan girls with power backing appear to deal with this girl.

 

“They will make me remove my glasses if I tell them! I… I’m tired of that kind of life… It’s noisy and tiring, to keep on appearing as what those people think of me. I just want to be myself.”

 

“But this isn’t the way to do that. Those guys care for you, and their actions are pretty clear to those fan girls of theirs. Which is why those three girls started to give you problem.”

 

“P… Please, Sooyoung ssi. Don’t tell them about it. Please. I will be more careful now. I will not get into any trouble anymore. So, please…” Yoona begged, looking at Sooyoung with that same pleading look she used just now. Sooyoung stares at her for a moment and walks away quickly. Her cheeks are heating up again and she doesn’t want the girl see her reddened face.

 

“… I… If it happens again, I won’t hesitate to tell, alright?” Sooyoung said, before she opens the door and went inside. I guess it’s no use holding back… Even at the slightest interaction, I’m getting flustered and my heart is speeding up. No matter what I do, it’s no use. I’m falling deeper yet I can’t leave her alone. I just couldn’t stop worrying. Those guys don’t know about her situation. They won’t be able to help her or protect her. I… I have to do it. I will protect her. Sooyoung sighed as she looks out from her bedroom window, at the house at the opposite side of the road. The bespectacled girl noticed her and waved, mouthing the words, ‘Thank you, Sooyoung ssi’ happily.