Chapter 07

D Loves N

 

Taking out the set of uniform that the bespectacled girl lent to her, the tall girl headed towards the bathroom to wash up. She hangs the clothes at one side and got into the bathtub leisurely. There’s no need for her to hurry, as she has more than enough time for her to get ready and go to school. The house is quiet, probably because the guys are still sleeping. But for sure the bespectacled girl is already awake, just like herself. She saw the lights of the bespectacled girl’s room are on just now.

 

Not thinking much, she allows herself to slide down slowly, into the water and relax. She closes her eyes and almost drifted back into her dreamland when loud knocking was heard from downstairs. It soon stop and she could hear the front door opening and closing. Fast footsteps were heard. Someone is running about the house, knocking on every door.

 

… Why do I have a feeling that someone will knock on mine soon? The tall girl thought as she finishes her bath quickly. She put her toothbrush into and walks to the door, opening before the person could even knock. It’s the bespectacled girl.

 

“Ah~ You’re up already~ Morning, Sooyoung ssi.” The bespectacled girl smiles awkwardly. She forgets the fact that the tall girl isn’t really part of her ‘To-Wake-Up’ list. And she obviously saw the lights on from her own room too.

 

“Morning. You’re the one running around the house?” Sooyoung asked, brushing her teeth in the mean time.

 

“A... Ah... yea. Those guys won’t wake up if no one comes to wake them up. So I... Y... Yea..” The bespectacled girl replied. “D... Did I disturb you? I’m so sorry!” And apologized quickly.

 

“N... No. It’s alright.”

 

“HYUNG! I CAME HERE FIRST!” Just then, a loud voice echoed throughout the house. Though surprised at first, the two girls started laughing as they could easily guess what is going on. The bespectacled girl bowed and ran off, to get them to quiet down. “Yoong~! I came here first but…” The voice of the guys trailed off slowly and soon, it’s all quiet again.

…..

“Alright class. I hope you enjoyed your weekend but still, I expect you finish your work. Hand it up to the front and those at the front please come forward to put it on my desk.” The teacher instructed and the tall girl fidgeted suddenly. She just remembers that she didn’t have any of her school stuff with her. All her work is at her house, which she moved out from because of her brother’s men.

 

“Chairperson, please count and tell me if any is missing.” The teacher continued, after all the work is placed on his table.

 

“All in, teacher.” The chairperson informed. Hearing that, the tall girl looks up immediately. It’s obvious to her that it can’t be an all-in, when she don’t have her work and did not hand it up. The chairperson doesn’t seem to be under any kind of threat, nor did she herself threaten the chairperson to lie. It’s hard to tell whether the chairperson is lying too.

 

“All in? That’s good. I’m proud of you, class. Even the de-“ The teacher’s eyes landed on the tall girl by accident, and he turns away quickly after swallowing his saliva. “A…. Alright. L.. Let’s continue with the lesson.”

 

… Just say what you want. It’s not like it the first time people are calling me a demon. My past can’t be changed but I can change my future. I will prove myself to you guys. I will show you that I’m not the same anymore. I’m not a demon anymore. The tall girl clenched her fists tightly after noticing the teacher’s action. As much as she hates how people in the school fear her because of her past, she couldn’t do anything about it. She doesn’t want to force people to accept her anyway. Relaxing her fists, she let out a sigh and concentrates on the lesson.