Chapter 27

D Loves N

 

The tall girl lets out a yawn as she stares at the big group of students crowding around the doe-eye girl. Somehow, the students from other classes came to get the girl’s help as well, and the girl didn’t even reject them.

 

“Do you want to go home first?” The doe-eye girl looks at the tall girl after noticing the yawn.

 

“No it’s okay.” The tall girl replied. She doesn’t feel comfortable, leaving the doe-eye girl alone with this large group of students. She had caught a number of them who came just to look at either her or the doe-eye girl, up close. Mostly at her though. And she hates it.

 

“Are you sure…?”

 

“… I guess I will go first then.” The tall girl realizes something suddenly. Since some of these students aren’t here to study but to come close to her with a valid reason, it would mean that the doe-eye girl’s burden would decrease if she leaves first. Or, pretend to leave first, to be more exact. Grabbing her bag, she went out of the library and smirked when she saw that the number of students crowding around the doe-eye girl decreased by quite a lot. She went into the room next to the library quickly and climbed out of the window, moving on the edge skillfully towards the library window and sitting down to keep a watch on the situation inside. Some of the students move and sit down at the seats near the doe-eye girl, listening as the girl explains the solution to them clearly.

 

The doe-eye girl is concentrating on the explanation when she felt a tiny weight on her glasses suddenly. She turns around quickly and stares at the hand, which is right in front of her.

 

“… Erm… Yes…?” She looks at the owner of the hand blankly.

 

“… E… Erm… there’s an ant…! I… I’m trying to get it off…” The guy lied, withdrawing his hand instantly.

 

“Yoona ssi, I didn’t see you remove your glasses before…” One of the classmates pointed out, after seeing the effort by the guy to try and remove the girl’s glasses failed.

 

“I can’t see without them.” Yoona replied calmly, knowing the intention of these guys. “I’m sorry but do you still need an explanation for this?”

 

“A… Ah yes. P… Please continue.”

 

Yoona shifts her attention back to the questions and the guys exchanged glances, not knowing what they can do to make the girl remove her glasses once, for them to see. The study session went on till evening but it’s not done yet. The group of students suggested that they should go to a nearby fast food restaurant to continue and the doe-eye girl didn’t refuse. She’s determined to fulfill her promise to help them and she didn’t want to give up halfway. Just when they are about to leave, one of the girls came back and stopped them.

 

“Yoona ssi, I found this on the notice board… What does it mean…?” The girl handed a paper to the doe-eye girl and the students start to gather around, trying to read the content of the paper.

 

Im Yoona is hiding something great from us. Remove her glasses and you will understand what I mean.

 

It’s that message again. The one that caused her to run around the whole school early in the morning to erase it from all the whiteboards. Yoona crushed the paper quickly and stuff it into her bag, hoping that no one else read it.

 

“Yoona ssi, not only this, but it seems like the whiteboards have the same message…” The girl added.

 

“H… Huh?” Yoona stares at her in disbelief, before making a dash to the nearest classroom and indeed, it’s there. A… Again…? Is this person making use of the fact that people is starting to notice me and… Aish! She picks up the duster quickly and erased the message, but someone stopped her hand.

 

“Can you explain what does this mean, Yoona ssi? What are you hiding?” It’s those students that she was helping a while ago.

 

“I… I’m not hiding anything…” Yoona pulls her hand away from the grip quickly and moves away. But the students surround her instantly, blocking her escape route. Just then, the sound of the breaking glass caught the attention of everyone. All of them move away quickly upon seeing the tall girl standing near the window. D… Did she just got into the classroom through the window…?

 

“I knew I couldn’t leave you alone…” Sooyoung sighed, approaching the doe-eye girl at a fast pace. She glared at the students angrily before carrying the girl up in bridal style.

 

“S… Sooyoung?!” The girl’s action surprised Yoona, but before she can say anything, the girl is already walking out of the classroom with her in her arms. “L… Let me down, Sooyoung. This is embarrassing…”

 

But the girl refuses to listen. The students watch quietly as the tall girl exits the room with the doe-eye girl struggling to get down in her arms. They recall that glare that the tall girl gave them and shiver in fear. That could have mean death for them. After a while of struggling, the doe-eye girl gave up and stayed still.

 

“Not struggling anymore?” Sooyoung grins at her playfully.

 

“Is there a use…? I struggled so much but you don’t even budge…” Yoona pouted. Sooyoung blushed at the sight of that, as the temptation to kiss the girl came. She tried to throw that thought off but couldn’t. Being unable to bear with it anymore, Sooyoung let the girl down quickly and walks away. “Not carrying anymore?” Yoona teased.

 

“Yo… You’re heavy. My arms are tired.” Sooyoung replied, stuttering a little.

 

“Y… Yah! I… I’m not heavy, okay? Don’t spout nonsense…!” Yoona is surprised by the ‘attack’ of the girl and she smacks the girl on her shoulder.

 

“Araso. You’re not heavy.” Sooyoung replied with a playful grin. “You are just VERY heavy.” With that, Sooyoung ran off.

 

“Yah!! Come back! You knew that I can’t catch up with your speed and you ran so fast on purpose!” Yoona gave a chase immediately but the gap between them is too big and it’s getting bigger. Sooyoung slows down to let the girl catch up and Yoona jumps on her back instantly. “Am I heavy, huh? Am I?”

 

“Yes. Very!”

 

“Your punishment! Carry me home!” And the two girls continue to tease each other all the way home, with Yoona on Sooyoung’s back. Even though she kept saying that she didn’t like it and saying that she wants the girl to get down from her back, Sooyoung enjoyed the process. She loves how close they seem to be, teasing each other like they are a couple and the warmth she gets from the contact with the doe-eye girl. She loves it.